Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 01:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450925 times)
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2122
Merit: 1398

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:52:17 PM

Im trying to disable the beeper ringing option buy it keeps setting back to on. Anyone know the solution to this? I have the miners in an office and can't have these things going off like crazy if the internet goes down.

Im thinking about just ripping the beeper of the mobo...

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:59:40 PM

Im trying to disable the beeper ringing option buy it keeps setting back to on. Anyone know the solution to this? I have the miners in an office and can't have these things going off like crazy if the internet goes down.

the only solution is to carefully take the top board off (its not screwed on or anything, it just unplugs), and put some tape (i used electrical tape) and put it over the speaker.

even if you uncheck the box, they still beep when they lose internet.
Crypto84

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:31:08 PM

new miner, my chains are 11 degrees apart in temp.

any solution to this? my other s5 is only 3-4 degrees apart.

think this might be my power supply cutting power. the other one just did the same thing after I moved cables around. gonna lower the frequency settings see if it helps stabilize it. my outlet is telling me i was using 1207 watts with both at the stock 350m. good thing i have a 1600w psu on the way
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:02:47 AM

Would someone be kind enough to post firmware install instructions for the S5 firmware for Nice/Westhash? I found some instructions but they left a few details out for the true noobs like me to be able to do it. I was able to follow the S3 instructions, but the S5 seems to be more complicated. I even need it to include how to FTP the new source to the S5 since for some reason I can't seem to FTP to it with Filezilla.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:50:33 AM

think this might be my power supply cutting power. the other one just did the same thing after I moved cables around. gonna lower the frequency settings see if it helps stabilize it. my outlet is telling me i was using 1207 watts with both at the stock 350m. good thing i have a 1600w psu on the way

What brand/model is your new PSU?   It's not so much the watts in some cases but the quality of the PSU.

Sadly cheap PSU's can cause problems.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:51:40 AM

Would someone be kind enough to post firmware install instructions for the S5 firmware for Nice/Westhash? I found some instructions but they left a few details out for the true noobs like me to be able to do it. I was able to follow the S3 instructions, but the S5 seems to be more complicated. I even need it to include how to FTP the new source to the S5 since for some reason I can't seem to FTP to it with Filezilla.

You load it just like a official firmware.  You upload it from PC, and it will install from there.

Make sure you don't lose power or other things that can be bad during a firmware install.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:05:25 AM

Wow these heatsinks are awesome! at least some update on the S5  Grin

They do look very nice.  I'm curious someone with new heatsink can you post your normal temps?  Does it seem to keep it under the 50C mark consistently?

Thanks to anyone who does it!

I have one, the change is negligible compared to the other S5s.

I'd guess that the approach with the greater aluminum mass and surface area is more effective but more expensive.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:12:01 AM

Clean and reapply thermal paste?  I had a hashing board on an S3+ that started running hotter than other S3+ hashing boards and although I lowered the voltage and frequency and after a cold restart seemed okay was dead the next morning.  Still dead.  Signal missing on if I recall correctly, pin 13 of the ribbon cable.  If I had repasted immediately perhaps I could have saved the board.  On the other hand it might be that if a chip is going it's going to go repasting or not.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:15:03 AM

the only solution is to carefully take the top board off (its not screwed on or anything, it just unplugs), and put some tape (i used electrical tape) and put it over the speaker.

Yes, but aren't S5's known to sometimes overheat when the internet goes down and there's no hashing going on?  I personally added a rear fan and wired it to a full 12v so it's always running full out even if the internet goes down and the controller board signals slow or no fan speed.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:46:47 AM

Yes, but aren't S5's known to sometimes overheat when the internet goes down and there's no hashing going on?  I personally added a rear fan and wired it to a full 12v so it's always running full out even if the internet goes down and the controller board signals slow or no fan speed.

I have had one since batch one.  Never once have I had it go crazy on heat when losing internet.  It makes a beep as my alarm is turned on.

But it stops  hashing.  And this causes it to actually cool down at least on one I'm using.
Crypto84

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:15:02 PM

What brand/model is your new PSU?   It's not so much the watts in some cases but the quality of the PSU.

It is an evga supernova 1300. I have an evga supernova 1600w titanium rated psu arriving today. i have the miner that drops in hashrate underclocked to 325 and it appears to stabilize. at 350m one of the blades intermitently lowers in temp to about 30c and my total Hashrate goes down to 500-700gh. im not getting any errors though. so my thought is that it may not be getting enough power, whoch would explain the temp/hashrate decrease. Im not an electrical engineer so im just guessing...I put in a ticket with bitmain and they want me to take the damn thing apart. and redo the thermal paste.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:47:56 PM

It is an evga supernova 1300. I have an evga supernova 1600w titanium rated psu arriving today. i have the miner that drops in hashrate underclocked to 325 and it appears to stabilize. at 350m one of the blades intermitently lowers in temp to about 30c and my total Hashrate goes down to 500-700gh. im not getting any errors though. so my thought is that it may not be getting enough power, whoch would explain the temp/hashrate decrease. Im not an electrical engineer so im just guessing...I put in a ticket with bitmain and they want me to take the damn thing apart. and redo the thermal paste.

It's not a bad idea if you know which blade is hotter I woould start with that one.   You might just fix it in only one breakdown.   

Best news is you have their consent to do it so does not void your warranty.  And I'm sure they will help you out.  If this does not fix it they will give another good suggestion.

Sucks to go through troubleshooting, but they are a good team to work with.  If in China or US you can easily call them and talk to them about the problem.
Crypto84

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:39:01 PM

It's not a bad idea if you know which blade is hotter I woould start with that one.   You might just fix it in only one breakdown.   

Best news is you have their consent to do it so does not void your warranty.  And I'm sure they will help you out.  If this does not fix it they will give another good suggestion.

Sucks to go through troubleshooting, but they are a good team to work with.  If in China or US you can easily call them and talk to them about the problem.

The weird thing is the blade that is lower in temp is the one that drops in temp to 31c and is probably not hashing full speed. the other blade stays around 60c.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:42:12 PM

The weird thing is the blade that is lower in temp is the one that drops in temp to 31c and is probably not hashing full speed. the other blade stays around 60c.

50 - 60 c is nothing out of ordinary on running temp.  With it being summer it's hotter in a lot of places aswell.

When it get's in 30's I would guess it is wrong unless very cold ambiant.  I would do the thermal paste on that blade first.  I'm hoping you can fix it with only one blade needing redone.
Crypto84

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:44:56 PM

What brand/model is your new PSU?   It's not so much the watts in some cases but the quality of the PSU.

It's not a bad idea if you know which blade is hotter I woould start with that one.   You might just fix it in only one breakdown.  

Best news is you have their consent to do it so does not void your warranty.  And I'm sure they will help you out.  If this does not fix it they will give another good suggestion.

Sucks to go through troubleshooting, but they are a good team to work with.  If in China or US you can easily call them and talk to them about the problem.

50 - 60 c is nothing out of ordinary on running temp.  With it being summer it's hotter in a lot of places aswell.

When it get's in 30's I would guess it is wrong unless very cold ambiant.  I would do the thermal paste on that blade first.  I'm hoping you can fix it with only one blade needing redone.

Ill do the thermal paste after i get my new power supply today. I want to make sure its not my power supply. Thanks for the info.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:05:14 PM

I have had one since batch one.  Never once have I had it go crazy on heat when losing internet.  It makes a beep as my alarm is turned on.

But it stops  hashing.  And this causes it to actually cool down at least on one I'm using.

I only refer to others posts - there were a string of complaints about the heat with no internet so I added the fan.  Haven't experienced it.
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:21:28 PM

I'm trying to be patient, and it is wearing thin.  My miner was sent in for service, and received on the 18th of May.  I contacted them on the 19th and didn't hear back until the 20th.  After they confirmed they had my miner, they told me that parts were low and I would be receiving a replacement miner from China. 

Well it's been 9 days, and nothing.  Two days ago I was told they were having some hard time with communications with China and they will get me a tracking number as soon as they here something.  Up until now, I have not had any problems with Bitmain, but this one is really difficult.  CAN I PLEASE GET A TRACKING NUMBER?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:58:01 PM

I'm trying to be patient, and it is wearing thin.  My miner was sent in for service, and received on the 18th of May.  I contacted them on the 19th and didn't hear back until the 20th.  After they confirmed they had my miner, they told me that parts were low and I would be receiving a replacement miner from China. 

Well it's been 9 days, and nothing.  Two days ago I was told they were having some hard time with communications with China and they will get me a tracking number as soon as they here something.  Up until now, I have not had any problems with Bitmain, but this one is really difficult.  CAN I PLEASE GET A TRACKING NUMBER?

Mr. Cygnus,

Please be Patient with them. China right now is being what most technical users would call as colossal asshole, as they are poised to go to war with the Americas.

Bitmain will get you a new device sure I am sure of it.

- Evan

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:03:35 PM

Notlist3d I agree with you as I have had my internet down for days and never seen anything over heat just a lot of beeping. It would be easy to check by unplugging the Ethernet cable and watch the watts at the wall.
hanti

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:18:20 PM

What brand/model is your new PSU?   It's not so much the watts in some cases but the quality of the PSU.

It's not a bad idea if you know which blade is hotter I woould start with that one.   You might just fix it in only one breakdown.  

Best news is you have their consent to do it so does not void your warranty.  And I'm sure they will help you out.  If this does not fix it they will give another good suggestion.

Sucks to go through troubleshooting, but they are a good team to work with.  If in China or US you can easily call them and talk to them about the problem.

50 - 60 c is nothing out of ordinary on running temp.  With it being summer it's hotter in a lot of places aswell.

When it get's in 30's I would guess it is wrong unless very cold ambiant.  I would do the thermal paste on that blade first.  I'm hoping you can fix it with only one blade needing redone.

Ill do the thermal paste after i get my new power supply today. I want to make sure its not my power supply. Thanks for the info.

If its psu then its broken or something
my evga 1300 working great with 2 antminers s5. So i cant imagine yours cant handle one miner
(edit) i see u r running two antminers too.... so just try only with that nonworking so u will see if its psu or not
If its gonna work with one then maybe u r splitting cables wrong Tongue
that one with 2 pcies should go to 2 boards not only one so its like 1 and half cable for one board

Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: