Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:15:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450935 times)
ZymurBits

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:48:26 PM

new miner, my chains are 11 degrees apart in temp.

any solution to this? my other s5 is only 3-4 degrees apart.

think this might be my power supply cutting power. the other one just did the same thing after I moved cables around. gonna lower the frequency settings see if it helps stabilize it. my outlet is telling me i was using 1207 watts with both at the stock 350m. good thing i have a 1600w psu on the way

What brand/model is your new PSU?   It's not so much the watts in some cases but the quality of the PSU.

Sadly cheap PSU's can cause problems.

It is an evga supernova 1300. I have an evga supernova 1600w titanium rated psu arriving today. i have the miner that drops in hashrate underclocked to 325 and it appears to stabilize. at 350m one of the blades intermitently lowers in temp to about 30c and my total Hashrate goes down to 500-700gh. im not getting any errors though. so my thought is that it may not be getting enough power, whoch would explain the temp/hashrate decrease. Im not an electrical engineer so im just guessing...I put in a ticket with bitmain and they want me to take the damn thing apart. and redo the thermal paste.

It's not a bad idea if you know which blade is hotter I woould start with that one.   You might just fix it in only one breakdown.  

Best news is you have their consent to do it so does not void your warranty.  And I'm sure they will help you out.  If this does not fix it they will give another good suggestion.

Sucks to go through troubleshooting, but they are a good team to work with.  If in China or US you can easily call them and talk to them about the problem.

The weird thing is the blade that is lower in temp is the one that drops in temp to 31c and is probably not hashing full speed. the other blade stays around 60c.

50 - 60 c is nothing out of ordinary on running temp.  With it being summer it's hotter in a lot of places aswell.

When it get's in 30's I would guess it is wrong unless very cold ambiant.  I would do the thermal paste on that blade first.  I'm hoping you can fix it with only one blade needing redone.

Ill do the thermal paste after i get my new power supply today. I want to make sure its not my power supply. Thanks for the info.

If its psu then its broken or something
my evga 1300 working great with 2 antminers s5. So i cant imagine yours cant handle one miner
(edit) i see u r running two antminers too.... so just try only with that nonworking so u will see if its psu or not
If its gonna work with one then maybe u r splitting cables wrong Tongue
that one with 2 pcies should go to 2 boards not only one so its like 1 and half cable for one board

I have one that started doing the same thing.  After much troubleshooting with Bitmain, we determined it was the controller.  Each board worked fine by themselves but when both were attached to the controller, board 2 would always stop hashing (showed very similar to your pictures except my hashrate was around 500).  Hooked both boards to a different controller and no more issues.  Hoping to get Bitmain to send me a new board without having to send in my old one first.  Want to keep hashing with at least one board if possible.
Crypto84

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:48:39 PM

think this might be my power supply cutting power. the other one just did the same thing after I moved cables around. gonna lower the frequency settings see if it helps stabilize it. my outlet is telling me i was using 1207 watts with both at the stock 350m. good thing i have a 1600w psu on the way

What brand/model is your new PSU?   It's not so much the watts in some cases but the quality of the PSU.

It is an evga supernova 1300. I have an evga supernova 1600w titanium rated psu arriving today. i have the miner that drops in hashrate underclocked to 325 and it appears to stabilize. at 350m one of the blades intermitently lowers in temp to about 30c and my total Hashrate goes down to 500-700gh. im not getting any errors though. so my thought is that it may not be getting enough power, whoch would explain the temp/hashrate decrease. Im not an electrical engineer so im just guessing...I put in a ticket with bitmain and they want me to take the damn thing apart. and redo the thermal paste.

It's not a bad idea if you know which blade is hotter I woould start with that one.   You might just fix it in only one breakdown.  

Best news is you have their consent to do it so does not void your warranty.  And I'm sure they will help you out.  If this does not fix it they will give another good suggestion.

Sucks to go through troubleshooting, but they are a good team to work with.  If in China or US you can easily call them and talk to them about the problem.

The weird thing is the blade that is lower in temp is the one that drops in temp to 31c and is probably not hashing full speed. the other blade stays around 60c.

50 - 60 c is nothing out of ordinary on running temp.  With it being summer it's hotter in a lot of places aswell.

When it get's in 30's I would guess it is wrong unless very cold ambiant.  I would do the thermal paste on that blade first.  I'm hoping you can fix it with only one blade needing redone.

Ill do the thermal paste after i get my new power supply today. I want to make sure its not my power supply. Thanks for the info.

my evga 1300 working great with 2 antminers s5. So i cant imagine yours cant handle one miner
(edit) i see u r running two antminers too.... so just try only with that nonworking so u will see if its psu or not
that one with 2 pcies should go to 2 boards not only one so its like 1 and half cable for one board

I have one that started doing the same thing.  After much troubleshooting with Bitmain, we determined it was the controller.  Each board worked fine by themselves but when both were attached to the controller, board 2 would always stop hashing (showed very similar to your pictures except my hashrate was around 500).  Hooked both boards to a different controller and no more issues.  Hoping to get Bitmain to send me a new board without having to send in my old one first.  Want to keep hashing with at least one board if possible.

or bitmain could make longer data cables available so i could hook my second miners' blades upto the miner that is working fine. the one with issues is offline now. and isn't hashing. maybe the controller is messed up. data cables dont reach the other controller currently. are these data cables custom made by/for bitmain or could we source these cables from somewhere else? i prefer to use one controller with 4 board anyway because i wouldnt have to buy a network switch. i could just use the one network cable i have.
Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:27:42 PM

or bitmain could make longer data cables available so i could hook my second miners' blades upto the miner that is working fine. the one with issues is offline now. and isn't hashing. maybe the controller is messed up. data cables dont reach the other controller currently. are these data cables custom made by/for bitmain or could we source these cables from somewhere else? i prefer to use one controller with 4 board anyway because i wouldnt have to buy a network switch. i could just use the one network cable i have.

Those data cables are very standard and I am SURE you can order them from a electronics place, because I've done it for other things in the past.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
PatSNL

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:29:36 PM

Yes, but aren't S5's known to sometimes overheat when the internet goes down and there's no hashing going on?  I personally added a rear fan and wired it to a full 12v so it's always running full out even if the internet goes down and the controller board signals slow or no fan speed.

I have a pair of S5's that do indeed heat up when the internet goes down.  Others don't have that problem.  I would suggest S5 users, kill their modem to force a test on their S5's to see how their's react with no internet.  My fans slow way down, but the heat goes way up.  YMMV

Left positive feedback for Dogie & now don't feel the same? Remove it here
Crypto84

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:44:35 PM

Those data cables are very standard and I am SURE you can order them from a electronics place, because I've done it for other things in the past.

SO my power supply just died and wouldnt turn back on. lasted 2 days. luckily my 1600 watt power supply just got dropped off. ill see how this goes...my only issue so fae is the connector wont fit into my kill o watt power meter.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:48:15 PM

SO my power supply just died and wouldnt turn back on. lasted 2 days. luckily my 1600 watt power supply just got dropped off. ill see how this goes...my only issue so fae is the connector wont fit into my kill o watt power meter.

did you check to make sure the meter didnt die? i would try to plug the psu directly into the wall.

i cant see how a 1300 watt psu would have an issue putting out ~600 watts.
Crypto84

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:15:28 AM

did you check to make sure the meter didnt die? i would try to plug the psu directly into the wall.

i cant see how a 1300 watt psu would have an issue putting out ~600 watts.

it was powering 2 S5's, the meter read 1207w. it died plugged into the wall.
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:16:51 AM

I'm trying to be patient, and it is wearing thin.  My miner was sent in for service, and received on the 18th of May.  I contacted them on the 19th and didn't hear back until the 20th.  After they confirmed they had my miner, they told me that parts were low and I would be receiving a replacement miner from China. 

Well it's been 9 days, and nothing.  Two days ago I was told they were having some hard time with communications with China and they will get me a tracking number as soon as they here something.  Up until now, I have not had any problems with Bitmain, but this one is really difficult.  CAN I PLEASE GET A TRACKING NUMBER?

Mr. Cygnus,

Please be Patient with them. China right now is being what most technical users would call as colossal asshole, as they are poised to go to war with the Americas.

Bitmain will get you a new device sure I am sure of it.

- Evan

I'm trying

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:56:54 AM

I'm trying to be patient, and it is wearing thin.  My miner was sent in for service, and received on the 18th of May.  I contacted them on the 19th and didn't hear back until the 20th.  After they confirmed they had my miner, they told me that parts were low and I would be receiving a replacement miner from China. 

Well it's been 9 days, and nothing.  Two days ago I was told they were having some hard time with communications with China and they will get me a tracking number as soon as they here something.  Up until now, I have not had any problems with Bitmain, but this one is really difficult.  CAN I PLEASE GET A TRACKING NUMBER?

Mr. Cygnus,

Please be Patient with them. China right now is being what most technical users would call as colossal asshole, as they are poised to go to war with the Americas.

Bitmain will get you a new device sure I am sure of it.

- Evan

I'm trying

Which team are you working with?  Is it the China or US support you started working with?

Both are normally  very good.  If you are in US or China you might even try calling their support lines if really having trouble.   I don't think 9 day's is horrible if you sent in a part for it to get there and them to look at it will take a bit depending on country you sent from and to.   They will need to look at that one first then they will send out another on or fixed depending on situation. 

I would guess you should be hearing from them next week as it's a weekend now.  But if you don't you might try the phone as I mentioned.
gaalx

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:31:06 AM

Periodically drops Hashing Speed. It helps to restart. Details in the image. How to cure this problem?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:06:56 AM

Periodically drops Hashing Speed. It helps to restart. Details in the image. How to cure this problem?

When it drops is one blade mining and other stops?  Or what is happening on the unit during?
gaalx

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:15:28 AM

Looking at the chart of temperature, it is evident that there are two blades.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:18:23 AM

Yes it is showing two blades.  But does one quit mining?  Why I'm asking is seeing if it's one blade stopping mining or who system slowing down or even stopping.

Do you have any pictures of status page ON the S5 when it happens?
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:22:32 AM

Yes it is showing two blades.  But does one quit mining?  Why I'm asking is seeing if it's one blade stopping mining or who system slowing down or even stopping.

Do you have any pictures of status page ON the S5 when it happens?

if his blade was dropping it would get cold.

the graph isnt showing that..

he is overclocking it tho.. maybe its just not up to being stable at that speed.
gaalx

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:26:46 AM

If the blade is falling, the temperature decreases rapidly. Tried different frequencies, the result is similar.

MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:55:36 AM

hello
it is possible to change the clock automatically?

i will love have my ant working at 300mhz between 08:00AM to 23:00PM and 400mhz or more between 23:00PM to 08:00AM

I've just finished up a commandline windows app that you can use with a batch file and task scheduler to do this - basically just give it the URL for the S5 and the speed you want it to be set to, and it will apply the change.  I'm thinking about making it so you can easily script switching around what pools you use, etc - if there is any interest.  PM me if you'd like to test it out, it's been working fine for me but it's by no means extensively tested...
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:19:12 AM

If the blade is falling, the temperature decreases rapidly. Tried different frequencies, the result is similar.

If blade if failing chances are these are first two things support will recommenced to try:

PCB diagnose - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204875015-How-to-diagnose-S5-hashing-PCB

Hashing at 1/2 - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203559969-My-S5-hashes-at-about-600GH-S
gaalx

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:49:13 PM

Russian forum is actively discussing -https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/topic/8695-antminer-s1-s2-s3-s3-s4-s5-c1-voprosy-pomosch-obsuzhdenie/page-364. Here, the minimum advice.

Vorta

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:35:58 PM

Related to my post about the new miner being different from the older one, even though they are from the same batch. Here's the comparison of the heatsink on the old one (left) and the new one (right):

http://www.pohrani.com/f/3K/Hp/4tjdLvqY/18.jpg

As a result the new one is always 3-5°C cooler than the old one.
Crypto84

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:43:49 PM

Sorry, off topic. where are you getting these graphs from? i installed the nicehash firmware by smit and dont see the graphs eveyone was talking about..
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: