Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:27:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MangoCoinz Official ANN Thread - Mine cryptocurrencies on you smart phone  (Read 164526 times)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:01:41 PM

Do you expect people to install cryptocurrency app on their phone without published source code?!? Put the code on the GitHub so everyone can review and see that it's honest.

Hey itod,

Sorry, but at this moment MangoCoinz is not open source. The reason is because we don't want a bunch of copy coins to spring up with the MangoCoinz technology.

Best regards, Srele from MangoCoinz.

It doesn't work that way. You've used opensource code in your project, you are obliged to publish the source code. Except if it was not GPL licensed, which I doubt. Just look at the licenses in your source.

There are 0 closed source cryptocurrencies, for obvious reasons. If you bring something new to the table, copycats have no chance except if they bring something new, which is the general idea of opensource code innovation. You are doing it wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:12:19 PM

Do you expect people to install cryptocurrency app on their phone without published source code?!? Put the code on the GitHub so everyone can review and see that it's honest.

Hey itod,

Sorry, but at this moment MangoCoinz is not open source. The reason is because we don't want a bunch of copy coins to spring up with the MangoCoinz technology.

It doesn't work that way. You've used opensource code in your project, you are obliged to publish the source code. Except if it was not GPL licensed, which I doubt. Just look at the licenses in your source.

There are 0 closed source cryptocurrencies, for obvious reasons. If you bring something new to the table, copycats have no chance except if they bring something new, which is the general idea of opensource code innovation. You are doing it wrong.

Many new coded cryptocurrencies have had a season of being closed source. You should find something else to have a qualified opinion about cause you are not very good at this one.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:23:05 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 01:39:17 PM by SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Hey itod,

We are not obliged to publish the source code, and we will not do so anytime soon. You can see the rich addresses, how many coins have been mined, the blockchain explorer is there as well, all for your convenience. MangoCoinz is innovation, and we will protect it with everything we have got. Feel free to innovate on thousands of other alts and their technology. MangoCoinz has been built from the ground up 100% by our team.

Best regards, Svonione from MangoCoinz

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Levole11

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:28:31 PM

Hey itod,

We are not obliged to publish the source code, and we will not do so anytime soon. You can see the rich addresses, how many coins have been mined, the blockchain explorer is there as well, all for your convenience. MangoCoinz is innovation, and we will protect it with everything we have got. Feel free to innovate on thousands of other alts and their technology.

Best regards, Svonione from MangoCoinz

But.. But... Itod says so... Smiley
Levole11

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:35:02 PM

Thanks for this project btw.. I stopped fapping because of it, i get too tired from all the phone shaking.. Smiley
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:41:30 PM

Thanks for this project btw.. I stopped fapping because of it, i get too tired from all the phone shaking.. Smiley

Haha you should keep going, imagine all the forearm stamina you can develop Smiley you should see my forearms Smiley

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:44:33 PM

I went for a walk with it in my pocket and didn't earn anything, I get plenty more for shaking the shit out of it for 1 minute.
throwingbones1

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:50:22 PM

I went for a walk with it in my pocket and didn't earn anything, I get plenty more for shaking the shit out of it for 1 minute.

Use a sock.

Without The Hyena The Lion Cannot Be King Of The Jungle
Levole11

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 01:52:20 PM

Haha you should keep going, imagine all the forearm stamina you can develop Smiley you should see my forearms Smiley

yes, this is the real proof of work.. Smiley
SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 01:55:17 PM

Hey itod,

Hey itod,

O.K, I understand your concerns and I can see that you are a developer.
And we're grateful for your feedback. Cheesy

We are also developers, and all of the MangoCoinz code was written by us. It first started as a school project and at the time we were learning the tech we used and we made it with the knowledge we gained.
So there are no licenses that we need to worry about.

As for the code and other copy twist coins, how many people would like to have multiple coin miners running in the background on their phone? Yes, the coin is small and not system heavy, but imagine running a lot of them at the sam time.

MangoCoinz, mobile cryptocurrecy mining is here. Available for Android now and soon on the iPhone!
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:40:51 PM

shaking it for 5 minutes got me 10 coins  Shocked

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
amacar

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:59:59 PM

Maybe app for apple devices that are jailbroken? Maybe near future? Cause I don't have any android right now.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 03:22:41 PM

just out of curiosity. How would you send coins to an exchange wallet? Since there is no "address" like all other cyrptocoins have. It seems to me that only way to sell these are through forum?Huh

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 03:50:22 PM

just out of curiosity. How would you send coins to an exchange wallet? Since there is no "address" like all other cyrptocoins have. It seems to me that only way to sell these are through forum?Huh

Hey unusualfacts30 ,

Good question Cheesy
The way you send coin from the app wallet to the exchange wallet, or any other wallet of an application/service that uses MangoCoinz, is very simple. You just need to send the coins to the username formatted as "exchangeName_yourExchangeWallet".
The "exchangeName" is the name of the exchange or service that you have a wallet on and that you wish to send MCZs to.
The "yourExchangeWallet" is the username/address of the wallet in that particular exchange or service that you are targeting.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

MangoCoinz, mobile cryptocurrecy mining is here. Available for Android now and soon on the iPhone!
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 03:53:13 PM

Do you support symbian devices? I don't trust ios or android. They're stealing personal data...

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
Darthpotatoe

Activity: 271

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 03:58:27 PM

I want to sell 100 MangoCoinz. PM me with offers, please. Only BTC.
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:06:11 PM

Hey itod,

Many new coded cryptocurrencies have had a season of being closed source. You should find something else to have a qualified opinion about cause you are not very good at this one.

Really? Out of thousands of altcoins only Darkcoin had closed source for a short time, and only the part of code was closed, they had to opensource DarkSend right away because they had to by license obligations. Please give me an example of closed source coin before you start talking nonsense.

Hey itod,

O.K, I understand your concerns and I can see that you are a developer.
And we're grateful for your feedback. Cheesy

We are also developers, and all of the MangoCoinz code was written by us. It first started as a school project and at the time we were learning the tech we used and we made it with the knowledge we gained.
So there are no licenses that we need to worry about.

As for the code and other copy twist coins, how many people would like to have multiple coin miners running in the background on their phone? Yes, the coin is small and not system heavy, but imagine running a lot of them at the sam time.

No offense, but it's hard to believe this is true. You haven't been using bitcoinj or any other cryptocurrency java library in your code at all? This just is not right and should be reported to moderators if you keep your stance of not following licence obligations. Feel free to decide if you are going to be 100% legal or not, but it has great impact how the community will treat you.
amacar

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:21:39 PM

FindCoin is going to closed code at least till the end of coin distribution.
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:27:23 PM

Really? https://github.com/FindYouCoin/FindYouCoin
amacar

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:30:28 PM

Really? https://github.com/FindYouCoin/FindYouCoin

They said so: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=902836.0

Last post:
I guess we've decided on closed source code for the distribution period - 1) we are voted in this poll to close the sourcecode; 2) thanks to Quadmium, we have now working wallets for Ubuntu and CentOS, so no Linux enthusiast would feel abandoned with FindCoins  Smiley

Any additional suggestions?  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: