Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcment: Brand-new miner EMIC PowerModule - 5.65 TH/s  (Read 26257 times)
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 02:53:20 AM

Well this is clearly a scam!

But... we may be seeing miners with this kind of power/price/efficiency in the very near future if Bitfury allow 3rd party vendors to build with their new chips.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:05:14 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 06:01:05 AM by Unacceptable

I would like to announce, that we started selling our first EMIC PowerModule miner in the pre-order.

Hello!

"Customized cgminer 3.8" - oh, please use more fresh cgminer... It shouldn't be a big problem.

584.55 USD for 5.65 Th?! I'm in right now!!! But I am very afraid that your offer is just a scam. Usual artless scam. Hope I am wrong.  Cool

How about cash-on-delivery (I very like that scheme...)?

p.s. also "Built in 2 x 750W power supply" probably is not a best solution - what will buyer do in case of PSU failure? Should he wait for arrival of spare PSU from your store?

that is the 'scam' button right there....TWO 750w power supplies with case etc all for $600 usd please....the PSU's would be half the cost of the unit for them wholesale imho

scam ...the cc stuff is so people will think they are legit "before it is activated' and send in BTC as a result

also would help if the case did not look like every other scam/default/basic box case from now till 2 years back imho

imho

I'll do a review for you,I've been here since June 2011  Cool

I've missed doing a review with other miners,Dogie beat me to it many,many times  Cheesy

alas unacceptable ...the review by 'unacceptable' in the positive MAY lose a little credibility with the newbies due to your handle

(I know you are all warm and fuzzy just saying I can see the corp type "we are having 'unacceptable' review our product on bitcointalk a show of hands please in favor?"

then again Searing with 2 built in PSU's probably is not a good choice either for a review

Had to ask  Cheesy

BTW,you don't see me advertising for ANYONE,do you Huh  Think about it Searing..................  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:28:07 AM

Let's see...
Shipping in 2 months tops - OK
No actual test miner at hand - NOT OK
No pics of chips or any proof that the chips are developed - NOT OK

So even if it is not scam it will NOT ship in Feb so at least this is a lie and once you start with lies why not keep on upping.

Well sorry guys. Try to do a better job next time.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:40:15 AM

I would like to announce, that we started selling our first EMIC PowerModule miner in the pre-order.

Hello!

"Customized cgminer 3.8" - oh, please use more fresh cgminer... It shouldn't be a big problem.

584.55 USD for 5.65 Th?! I'm in right now!!! But I am very afraid that your offer is just a scam. Usual artless scam. Hope I am wrong.  Cool

p.s. also "Built in 2 x 750W power supply" probably is not a best solution - what will buyer do in case of PSU failure? Should he wait for arrival of spare PSU from your store?

that is the 'scam' button right there....TWO 750w power supplies with case etc all for $600 usd please....the PSU's would be half the cost of the unit for them wholesale imho

scam ...the cc stuff is so people will think they are legit "before it is activated' and send in BTC as a result

also would help if the case did not look like every other scam/default/basic box case from now till 2 years back imho

imho

I'll do a review for you,I've been here since June 2011  Cool

I've missed doing a review with other miners,Dogie beat me to it many,many times  Cheesy

alas unacceptable ...the review by 'unacceptable' in the positive MAY lose a little credibility with the newbies due to your handle

(I know you are all warm and fuzzy just saying I can see the corp type "we are having 'unacceptable' review our product on bitcointalk a show of hands please in favor?"

then again Searing with 2 built in PSU's probably is not a good choice either for a review

Had to ask  Cheesy

BTW,you don't see me advertising for ANYONE,do you Huh  Think about it Searing..................  Roll Eyes

yeah all tagline advertising is either virtual cloud mining or gambling....well I can do that ...the tagline is probably toast when/if GAW is a scam for sure with paycoin
you want to have me run an ad for gambling or virtual cloud mining is one thing...but if it turns out paycoin is bogus and you are then rolling over $$$ or hash from
your virtual miners to pretend coin well...tagline will have to go

but if you think gambling or virtual cloud mining is your thing who am I do judge..but paycoin is looking like come the 29th may prove  to be a scam still unsure ...he
could have some big bucks behind him (ie billionaire) doubtful.....thus if it is all fantasy come dec 29th the
tagline is toast very likely indeed.....

then I'm off to get another virtual cloud miner or gambling tag line (hey that ship has sailed already we can start a separate thread to argue morals of those taglines) lol Smiley
 but yeah truth be told ...proof is in the pudding on the 29th of dec
for gaw I may run taglines for folk who think virtual mining is the way to go or gamble....heck people can have fun anyway they wish virtual cloud mining or gambling or whatever

but if this turns out to be a big pump/dump oops on GAW's part come Dec 29th well ......DEC 0.10 btc is going to a charity and the tagline is gone..

smoke and mirrors or put up or shut up time I guess

yep will be tagline less (prob should just send Dec's 0.10 btc to bitcointalk.org here..if it all goes boom here soon...)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 07:49:45 AM

Are there any plans for using escrow?.. I guess no, but I should ask.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 08:20:24 AM

Some chips specs & picture would be great.
ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:22:25 AM

PLEASE GUYS!

Let this thread die.....  Grin

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:02:36 PM

PLEASE GUYS!

again the 2 PSU's at 750 watts or whatever it was  INCLUDED and INTERNAL for what was it 600 usd for the entire unit with case!

well no frigging way could they pull that off imho......and that seems to be the weakest part of their argument..er I should say this is a weak example

there are much better arguments on this thread ...but that is what jumped out to me on here

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 02:17:03 PM

a start up company... that will produce one of the most efficient chips... tape out... test.... and implement full boards.... engineer a case with internal PSU's... deliver by the end of Feb.... for one of the best prices on the market...

Already accepting pre-orders.... offering discount codes for bulk purchases.... but also stated they do not have a working unit yet so a trusted member cannot review.

Anything sound too good to be true here?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:00:53 PM

a start up company... that will produce one of the most efficient chips... tape out... test.... and implement full boards.... engineer a case with internal PSU's... deliver by the end of Feb.... for one of the best prices on the market...

Already accepting pre-orders.... offering discount codes for bulk purchases.... but also stated they do not have a working unit yet so a trusted member cannot review.

heh...I should check their site (too lazy) but pretty sure the credit card option is not in place yet (you think?)

edit: addtitional ...

Just looked at their site...gee guess what your options are for PAYMENT (cut and paste below)

Direct Bank Transfer

LOL Smiley      (I mean really? Is it that easy to get $$$$ out of people here? They are NOT even making a legit effort on this fantasy!)

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:35:19 PM

Scam!

ToS gleaned verbatim from here - https://www.sz-ok.com/en_US/i/Terms/25 - having the original English version translated to Polish via Google Translation.

I will reverse my position if scammer pays me $10K USD via BTC and sends me the very first two miners for evaluation, then I will sell them to pocket even more monies. If he doesn't comply, then this is a ...

Scam!

After 18 years of this domain being registered, I am the first to ever archive it: http://web.archive.org/web/20141226163348/http://emic.com.pl/en/

Hello everyone bitcointalk.org.

My name is Michał Krawczyszyn and I'm founder of EMIC - European Mining Innovation Center (http://emic.com.pl). We are new here, but everyone started somewhere.

A few words about EMIC PowerModule:

Progression of mining and mining equipment development is enormous. Seeing this, and taking advantage of this opportunity to take up the challenge to move mining to the next level. EMIC will be the first ever company to introduce 20nm ASIC chips to their miners.

Preliminary testing shows that it is possible to achieve hashrate above 6TH/s while keeping the power consumption about 1500W.
I'll get straight to the point. EMIC PowerModule revolutionize the mining. The most important for us, was that the cost of this device should be comparable to good quality computer (2000 PLN – about 600 USD in Poland). EMIC PowerModule’s effective hash rate is 5.65 TH/s +/- 5% and power consumption is 1400W.

Delivery of the first batch will take place in February 2015.

Price of one module: 2059 PLN (about 600 USD //23.12.2014)

More information can be found on the product page: http://emic.com.pl/en/product/emic-powermodule

A few words about EMIC:

First of all, EMIC is a registered business in Poland. We are located in Piaseczno near Warsaw.

Precise data of our company is:

Michał Krawczyszyn – European Mining Innovation Center (EMIC)
Puławska Street  34 bud 27
05-500 Piaseczno
Poland

More information on the "About Us" page:http://emic.com.pl/en/about-us

Available payment methods:

We provide payment by bank transfer in PLN, USD, EUR and GBP. You can also pay using Bitcoin via Coinbase or Bitpay.

Note: In the footer, you can see logos of credit cards, which may suggest a possible payment using them. I would like to clarify that it is not a mistake. In a few days should be credit card payment option available. More info here:
http://emic.com.pl/en/transferuj-pl-payment-gateway/

Additional Information:

To increase the the credibility of the EMIC as a reliable partner and vendor, we implement on our website EV SSL certificate (Extended Validation). You can read more here: http://emic.com.pl/en/ssl-certificate

Christmas and New Year:

First of all, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
During the holidays we will not be available on the telephone. More here: http://emic.com.pl/en/christmas-and-new-year-time/

Discount on start:

At the beginning of sales, we offer a promotion:

Discount code "11for10". Order at least 11 modules, use the code and get one free module. The code is limited to a total of twenty to use.

Discount code "25for20". Order at least 25 modules, use the code and get five modules for free. The code is limited to just five uses.

Bitcoin payment:

For the convenience of our customers we want to allow for payment via Bitpay and Coinbase. At the moment we passed Coinbase full verification positively. Bitpay verification is still in progress, so this option is temporarily unavailable.

Summary:

If you have any questions, please write to the address office@emic.com.pl. From January 2 we will be available to contact by phone or in person to visit.

Regards,
Michał Krawczyszyn
European Mining Innovation Center

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:52:08 PM

Disclaimer: this will be long!

At the beginning, I would like to thank you for all the comments (except a few). I will try to keep this brief.

Let me start with negative feedback:

Scam

I prefer shorter messages. Nothing to say here. Useless one-liner. Absolute no arguments. Why scam? Because scam.

Just please tell me anyone. Why do you think that we are scam? What else should we do to incerase our value in your eyes? Sending test unit is an option of course. This is not so expensive device.

Hello, Michael (that's where I quit reading). Go fuck yourself!

Now, to read the rest of the thread to see if my assessment is correct.

EDIT: Confirmed!

ECHO: Go fuck yourself!

Completely rude and arrogant. I will not speak with anyone speaking such vulgar and agressive language. This is not my conversation level.

P.S. Interesting proposition. I will consider it.

lol
why do you guys bother ?
it's clearly a scam

And this is clearly another comment without any arguments.

Can I avoid pay VAT?

If you are in a group of customers who must pay VAT, you can pay Bitcoin to avoid it.

scam

I appreciate this comment, because it has some argument. At least you have read our website, but let me explain somethng.

In Poland Bitcoin is not regulated by any law. I is not a crime to avoid paying taxes using Bitcoin because there are no regulations for this (consulted with lawyer). So it is not a crime to do it and also to suggest this. Furthermore this option my be useful only for a few customers. It aplies only for customers from Poland because foreign customers are getting invoice with 0% VAT.

We are working at the project and the website as well for about 6 months. There may be some not actual data (but only in details!)

It's actually cash but not on delivery. You can pay in cash directly in our office for pre-order.

We've tested couple configurations. This one seems to work fine.

It depends on: where you buy, how much you buy, what you buy and couple other things. You can get very affordable price on almost every electronic equipment.

Please dont judge by the price you paying in your local eletronic store.

Please wait couple days... this is in progress. It's Christmas. Give us couple days.

Pre-Order...

Stop right there we know how this ends. 

Badly for anyone who orders. 

Come back when your ready to ship. 

People here are sick to death of funding companies R&D and getting nothing in return or the equipment only afters its obsolete and they have been mined to death before shipping.

ASICMiner, Bitmain, SpondooliesTech, KnC. They all started with pre-order. So now market is closed for existing vendors and mystic investor with fat wallet to manufacture all devices to firs delivery without pre-order? Maybe yes. But I will try, and do my best to complete this project succesfully. I Invested already a lot of money in this. I knew from the beginning, that there is an option for failure and reaction like this.

6TH for 600$ ...yep

Yeah the price screams scam too. 

So they may not even go through with the create a chip with customers money then mine until the equipment is useless then ship it scam.  They will probably just run with the money straight away.

Each time new miner comes, there's the same speech. "Too cheap", "To powerful", "Not possible". For you guys nothing is good. Or it's too expensive or too cheap. Always wrong.

Things ara going cheaper and more powerful in time. Would you think a year ago that a 5.5 TH/s miner will be available in stock for $2700?  Just answer the question, and think again. Is this really impossible?

I can tell you it is possible, and even more I'm sure this will happen in February.

seriously, their specs could be absolutely true:
at no point they said the 6TH are for SHA512  Roll Eyes

Nope. They're for SHA256.

I live near (Warsaw), may I visit you and see a miner in action? Also you may consider to put one unit into Bitcoin Embassy in Warsaw (Krucza street), they will make an review and then you may gain some legitimacy...

Yes! Visiting us in person is welcome. However we do not have ready device in Poland. It may tak some time to get first phisical working test unit in Poland. After Christmas I will try to update schedule for EMIC PowerModule development, and maybe upload some diagrams and other stuff.

I would hope people are not rushing to place orders here...

And I of course hope opposite.

I hope you can appreciate pre-orders are frowned upon by this community, and you are going to come under intense scrutiny without providing proof of product existence and performance.

Yes. I understand and appreciate this. It's actually giving me personally even more energy to complete project in given deadline and within all specs.

At the same time, however, do not agree on the language and the way some of comments.

Best wishes!
Michał Krawczyszyn.

So, you know the drill and opted to stick the drill up our ass. Genius!

To be clear, in two detailed posts and one website you've yet to give one iota of proof of what you (and it ONLY looks like it's just YOU) claim to be the case (no pun intended) is indeed in the rendered case powered by not one, but two PSU you're able to procure on the cheap (but all the other components will be top-notch).

By any chance did you team up with the venerable Josh Zipkin and Alex Sovu? If so, then you're legit as they come and I'll retract my sentiment. Until then, this is a ...

SCAM
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:53:59 PM

Gleb, I will reverse my opinion if they'll simply send me the very first one miner for evaluation.  Cheesy But sure I will no pay them for it, maybe just the miner cost, but no more.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:57:22 PM

PLEASE GUYS!

Is it not dead yet?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:58:30 PM

I still cant believe it says on the first page of their website: "BUY FROM A TRUSTED SUPPLIER".

Biggest crock of shit scam I've seen in a long time.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:59:56 PM

PLEASE GUYS!

Is it not dead yet?

Agreed.
clownius

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:06:38 PM

heh...I should check their site (too lazy) but pretty sure the credit card option is not in place yet (you think?)

Just looked at their site...gee guess what your options are for PAYMENT (cut and paste below)

Direct Bank Transfer

LOL Smiley      (I mean really? Is it that easy to get $$$$ out of people here? They are NOT even making a legit effort on this fantasy!)

They now need to buy some sigs to complete the show lol

Searing you can display it.  Thats about the last rites for a scam here isnt it?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:17:09 PM

Direct Bank Transfer

They now need to buy some sigs to complete the show lol

Searing you can display it.  Thats about the last rites for a scam here isnt it?

could be true...no probs with GAW miners sig up to this point...but prob will dump it if they want me to display paycoin in 4 days i'll know if paycoin is also a scam

again no problems with advertising taglines for cloud mining or gambling sites (to each his own) but if paycoin tanks as it looks like well the tagline is toast
because paycoin will have crossed my ethical line

as to these guys ...they just don't know how to run a good scam at all....

now if GAW has gone completely dark with paycoin where do i give my 0.10 btc this month? probably this forum bitcointalk they have to have an address
for donations

so it goes we will see with these guys soon and in GAW's case and my tagline by the end of this next week it seems how that drama plays out

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:23:34 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 05:42:01 PM by s1lverbox

Phone number provided on website is MOBILE PHONE, so no landline.

Address of registered business is different than address of deliveries.

Email address of owner is on free webmail provided by ONET and by looking at his email i will say he is birth date is 1991. So 23 years old scam artist who also doing ASICS in spare time

Start date for this company and registration : 2014-12-01

No info about what type of business will be provided, but there is info that main business will be: Sale of goods through online shops and through internet.(47.91.Z   Sprzedaż detaliczna prowadzona przez domy sprzedaży wysyłkowej lub Internet)

I would wait and see.

But one thing what i can say is : NO PRE-ORDERS

Enough of bullshit.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:24:53 PM

are you accepting escrow for this?
put the money in escrow till we receive and test the miner
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All