Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:39:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Unofficial) Litecoindark Thread (LTCD Dead-Officially)  (Read 9848 times)
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:14:53 PM

You're truly deeply disturbed....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jt7382

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:25:28 PM

You're truly deeply disturbed....

I feel like we're reading the manifesto of a serial killer. This is amazing.
vicvelcro

Activity: 196

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:49:16 PM

Well, thank you for the diagnosis, doctors. Boring and unimaginative, though. If that's the best you can do, you shouldn't have wasted your time.

Nothing was said by either of you about LTCD this time around, which is the title of this topic. Therefore, you're off-topic. Couldn't you have come up with just one more thing about LTCD (no matter how irrelevant or incorrect) to blame me for?

Have you fully vented your frustration and helplessness? Are you ready to "move on"? Or do you just need more time to manufacture some pointless complaint and then voice it in the form of a personal attack?

I'm curious about something. What will you all do now? Did you learn anything useful? Or will you redirect what's left of your losses into some other coin that's on the edge of failure, hoping it will somehow rise from its own ashes and make you 'feelthy reech'? There are plenty to choose from.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:22:35 PM

The question is what are you going to do now? since it's pretty clear that even if you created some magical project that no one would invest in it and any community with any sense would distance themselves from working with you.
vicvelcro

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:47:28 PM

I'm going to set the project aside for a while and spend the next 6 months or so deciding whether to dissolve it entirely or rebuild it properly, from the ground up fully and completely as a new coin (without a buyback of the current coins) before presenting it to the public - basically I'll stab it to death or I will bring it back the way they should have done it from the very beginning. Probably kill it completely because the name sucks. I also expect the crypto-boom is gone and there will be too many coin-corpses littering the interweb landscape by then. Or perhaps I'll bring it back with a new name. Maybe something like "CrestingtonLiteCoinDark". Make you feel good, perhaps.

Or maybe somebody will buy the intellectual property for 25/50/100 ounces of gold bullion and they can do whatever they like with it. It's for sale. Everything is for sale, if the price is right.

The question is what are you going to do now?

Magic?!? Is that what you look for when you consider where to put your money? Just ... Wow.

since it's pretty clear that even if you created some magical project

Except you and the other half dozen morons still here. You all would be the first to jump all over it hoping to pump and dump and then get out early - except you'd make the same mistake you already have and you'd stay too long after the dump, then blame anybody but yourselves for your own mistake of mismanaging your funds. Maybe we'll find out in 6 months or so. Maybe you and I will flirt back and forth again some day.

that no one would invest in it and any community with any sense would distance themselves from working with you.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 10:34:54 PM

You should totally name it after me, that would be fantastic. 3-6-9 months, even a year would likely not matter considering you actively worked to drive a project into the ground and do your best to try and block remaining investors in the project from resurrecting it. You say people skills do not matter, I disagree because you are alienating the very people that are investing and supporting your project. Some nice words, and a helping hand goes a long way and quite often you would find that people would help for nothing just because they like you. On the other hand if you are going around calling people idiots and morons, they may go out of their way to attack you and your projects just to bring you down a notch. I know a few people that worked on LTCD, and did video's and stuff but would never return because they had a bad experience talking and dealing with you.

I'm going to set the project aside for a while and spend the next 6 months or so deciding whether to dissolve it entirely or rebuild it properly, from the ground up fully and completely as a new coin (without a buyback of the current coins) before presenting it to the public - basically I'll stab it to death or I will bring it back the way they should have done it from the very beginning. Probably kill it completely because the name sucks. I also expect the crypto-boom is gone and there will be too many coin-corpses littering the interweb landscape by then. Or perhaps I'll bring it back with a new name. Maybe something like "CrestingtonLiteCoinDark". Make you feel good, perhaps.

Or maybe somebody will buy the intellectual property for 25/50/100 ounces of gold bullion and they can do whatever they like with it. It's for sale. Everything is for sale, if the price is right.

The question is what are you going to do now?

Magic?!? Is that what you look for when you consider where to put your money? Just ... Wow.

since it's pretty clear that even if you created some magical project

Except you and the other half dozen morons still here. You all would be the first to jump all over it hoping to pump and dump and then get out early - except you'd make the same mistake you already have and you'd stay too long after the dump, then blame anybody but yourselves for your own mistake of mismanaging your funds. Maybe we'll find out in 6 months or so. Maybe you and I will flirt back and forth again some day.

that no one would invest in it and any community with any sense would distance themselves from working with you.

vicvelcro

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 01:12:50 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 01:40:34 AM by vicvelcro

You should totally name it after me, that would be fantastic.

I'll put a sticky note on my monitor about this. I'll decide later, if it becomes relevant.

3-6-9 months, even a year would likely not matter considering you actively worked to drive a project into the ground

I did NOT actively work to drive the project into the ground. Had I actively done so, it would have been done in less than 1 hour and would have happened quite some time ago. Nope, it was you and a few others actively doing the driving into the ground. Oddly enough, you're still at it even though that job is done. Strange people... (1 for 1, you're being false)

and do your best to try and block remaining investors in the project from resurrecting it.

What investors were those? Who attempted to negotiate any contribution of funds to finance any of the necessities? Oh, wait. You probably mean Bittrex customers buying product from other market sellers. Silly you. (false again AND a misuse of terms, that's 2 for 2)

You say people skills do not matter, I disagree

And you are wrong to disagree. Doge allegedly has a fantastic community. Doge price is nearly half what LTCD dead price is, and I'm a jerk that you claim has ruined the LTCD community. People skills don't matter. It's a fallacy. (3 for 3, not going in your favor)

because you are alienating

Disregarding, insulting, and belittling idiots does not constitute 'alienating'. One must alienate themself. To be clear, alienated community members are alienated because they chose to alienate themselves. (4 for 4, looking grim for you)

the very people that are investing and supporting your project.

Aside from myself, the only other investor is unknown to anyone other than me. (5 for 5, because you can't identify the mystery investor and can't even prove there is one)

Some nice words, and a helping hand goes a long way and quite often you would find that people would help for nothing just because they like you.

Mostly false. The non-false elements are irrelevant (so I call this one 6 for 6, you being wrong again)

On the other hand if you are going around calling people idiots and morons, they may go out of their way to attack you and your projects just to bring you down a notch.

Holy fuck, you actually almost got one right. But I don't mind being harmlessly attacked. I have not been brought down any notches, either. (6.5 for 7, you don't use words properly and thereby partially wrong - actually the .5 credit shouldn't even go in your favor because you mistakenly think that the opinion of people I will never meet even matters to me - but .5 credit is given because I do label some people as idiots and morons)

(noch)

noun
an angular or V -shaped cut, indentation, or slit in an object, surface, or edge.
a cut or nick made in a stick or other object for record, as in keeping a tally.
New England and Upstate New York. a deep, narrow opening or pass between mountains; gap; defile.
Informal. a step, degree, or grade:
This camera is a notch better than the other.
Metallurgy. a taphole in a blast furnace:
iron notch; cinder notch.

I know a few people that worked on LTCD, and did video's and stuff but would never return because they had a bad experience talking and dealing with you.

And this matters how? Does it make you special that you know a few people who did useless and low quality things? Bravo and congratulations, I suppose.

Tell you what - you and the gang run out and make tons of shitty videos and try to revive a dead clone coin that way. Make it a huge success. Then come back and tell me all about how you pulled it off.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:33:45 AM

You should totally name it after me, that would be fantastic.

I'll put a sticky note on my monitor about this. I'll decide later, if it becomes relevant.

I think I have some photo's of myself on the forums somewhere, I even posted some of the most embarrassing ones I could find, you should cut out a picture of my face and put it on the Coin.

and do your best to try and block remaining investors in the project from resurrecting it.

What investors were those? Who attempted to negotiate any contribution of funds to finance any of the necessities? Oh, wait. You probably mean Bittrex customers buying product from other market sellers. Silly you. (false again AND a misuse of terms, that's 2 for 2)

Quite possibly have me there because I only really care about Proof of Stake which in that case would classify as an investor. However, I would classify some of the Community members in this thread as investors since they invested their time and money into the project either by buying Coins, mining, or helping out with various things.

Why try and go out of your way to try and stop them from running the Coin if they want to keep it going? Ultimately it would be better for you to hand over everything to someone, especially if you want to wash your hands of the project and have the time to work on your 2.0 project.

You say people skills do not matter, I disagree

And you are wrong to disagree. Doge allegedly has a fantastic community. Doge price is nearly half what LTCD dead price is, and I'm a jerk that you claim has ruined the LTCD community. People skills don't matter. It's a fallacy. (3 for 3, not going in your favor)

Both Doge and LTCD are Proof of Work only which ultimately drives the price to 0 which I have been saying for the last year (In terms of POW, not LTCD specifically), I also mentioned that you could add in Proof of Stake only in about a week. To do that you would take the code base, add Proof of Stake over top, set and end to Proof of Work and a beginning to Proof of Stake and reject all previous versions before the Hardfork. It goes a bit beyond that as well since you need to take into account of Staking over time and thresholds but that is the basics of how it would be done.

Doge is still around and even though it's lower in price, it still has a growing community.

I did NOT actively work to drive the project into the ground. Had I actively done so, it would have been done in less than 1 hour and would have happened quite some time ago. Nope, it was you and a few others actively doing the driving into the ground. Oddly enough, you're still at it even though that job is done. Strange people... (1 for 1, you're being false)

Consciously or unconsciously it was done over time by arguing with people when you don't need to, taking criticism and advice as attacks rather than something to build from and shutting out peoples opinions by deleting their posts. Look at PayCoin for example, they constantly delete peoples posts on hashtalk rather than talking about it and on the reverse end you have Bitshares which seeks out criticism and takes all ideas on board. Had Josh Garza responded to everything and deleted nothing and actively involved himself in the community the price wouldn't be down 90% Bitshares actually increased in price since they started posting on the scam accusation threads.

You think I'm attacking your project or you in general, I'm offering advice and constructive criticism, whether you take it on board is up to you. I was never an investor in LTCD and don't really care either way except that I like a good debate, or that I'm a huge forum troll if you'd prefer that term.

I know a few people that worked on LTCD, and did video's and stuff but would never return because they had a bad experience talking and dealing with you.

And this matters how? Does it make you special that you know a few people who did useless and low quality things? Bravo and congratulations, I suppose.

Tell you what - you and the gang run out and make tons of shitty videos and try to revive a dead clone coin that way. Make it a huge success. Then come back and tell me all about how you pulled it off.

I'll do just that! Not with LTCD though.
bitcoinbelieve (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:56:51 AM

I guess that is it or is it?  Lets cut the chit chat.....Is there any way to bypass Vic? Does he have legal right to LTCD? Is there any body interested in developing similar type of this coin?
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:23:52 AM

I guess that is it or is it?  Lets cut the chit chat.....Is there any way to bypass Vic? Does he have legal right to LTCD? Is there any body interested in developing similar type of this coin?

There's no way he can have legal right to it regardless of what he says and would be too expensive to try to sue over it just out of spite, other than that it just comes down to if someone thinks there is value in resurrecting it. Personally I have no intention of doing work on it or resurrecting it because it would take some time to bring it to POS only, not to mention that there is no financial benefit for me to take it over and simply do not have the time to develop on every struggling Coin.
bitcoinbelieve (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:35:42 AM

There's no way he can have legal right to it regardless of what he says and would be too expensive to try to sue over it just out of spite, other than that it just comes down to if someone thinks there is value in resurrecting it. Personally I have no intention of doing work on it or resurrecting it because it would take some time to bring it to POS only, not to mention that there is no financial benefit for me to take it over and simply do not have the time to develop on every struggling Coin.

Can you copy and paste other coins that utilize POS and reinserted into "new" LTCD coin? (I don't know, I have limited exposure when it comes to coding).....If you are interested, you could do premine (for development purposes), right?
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 12:13:34 PM

Can you copy and paste other coins that utilize POS and reinserted into "new" LTCD coin? (I don't know, I have limited exposure when it comes to coding).....If you are interested, you could do premine (for development purposes), right?

It's X11 so you should be able to take an X11 POW/POS Coin and paste it over top and use the genesis Block along with it's nonce, merkleroot, pchmessagestart, checkpoints, and port numbers, then you set MODIFIER_INTERVAL_SWITCH as the beginning of Proof of Stake, LAST_POW_BLOCK as the end of Proof of Work and make sure you cut off the old clients prior to the start of Proof of Stake. You would need to make sure that all the Block retargeting is the same unless you want to change that as well in which case you would add in a fork for that too, basically you need all the Proof of Work and rewards to be exactly the same otherwise there would be conflicts.

This is an excerpt from bottlecaps where they rejected previous protocol versions, they just used bool bad version but you could set it as nTime in unix time as well.

https://github.com/bottlecaps-foundation/bottlecaps/commit/418ec73d2b800514fc1617633f1fe675e123cb88

It takes a bit of time but I would suggest for you to try to do it yourself, most everything you need to change will be in the src folder of the sourcecode.

I already took over PayCon and relaunching ColossusCoin 2.0 in the next couple days, I changed the algo for it to X13 for POW mining in the last few days but my test source was X11 and functioned very well as POS only so you could pull from that spot https://github.com/Crestington/Colossuscoin2test/tree/57aacedb2f9f3900e680bcdc16d52915988d799f

As I said, I cannot take it on because it's too much work to try to run more than 1-2 Coins but I can help you with advice on making some of the necessary changes. You'd also have to figure out what you want as your minimum and maximum Stake age and reward per year.
vicvelcro

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:23:15 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 10:47:16 AM by vicvelcro

I have a contract with the owner of the intellectual property. That gives me and the intellectual property owner (each of us separately) the legal right. One of us could prosecute in criminal court and the other could sue. Anyone summoned into court would have to make appearance or a ruling would be made in default against them. The summons could come suddenly and might not allow adequate time for a defendant to make travel arrangements. Travel cost would be at the defendant's expense.

Make an offer in gold, we might agree to sell.

If you'd like to start a similar type of coin with an empty blockchain and a different name, knock yourself out.

I guess that is it or is it? Does he have legal right to LTCD? Is there any body interested in developing similar type of this coin?

bitcoinbelieve (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 01:54:19 PM

It's X11 so you should be able to take an X11 POW/POS Coin and paste it over top and use the genesis Block along with it's nonce, merkleroot, pchmessagestart, checkpoints, and port numbers, then you set MODIFIER_INTERVAL_SWITCH as the beginning of Proof of Stake, LAST_POW_BLOCK as the end of Proof of Work and make sure you cut off the old clients prior to the start of Proof of Stake. You would need to make sure that all the Block retargeting is the same unless you want to change that as well in which case you would add in a fork for that too, basically you need all the Proof of Work and rewards to be exactly the same otherwise there would be conflicts.

This is an excerpt from bottlecaps where they rejected previous protocol versions, they just used bool bad version but you could set it as nTime in unix time as well.

https://github.com/bottlecaps-foundation/bottlecaps/commit/418ec73d2b800514fc1617633f1fe675e123cb88

It takes a bit of time but I would suggest for you to try to do it yourself, most everything you need to change will be in the src folder of the sourcecode.

I already took over PayCon and relaunching ColossusCoin 2.0 in the next couple days, I changed the algo for it to X13 for POW mining in the last few days but my test source was X11 and functioned very well as POS only so you could pull from that spot https://github.com/Crestington/Colossuscoin2test/tree/57aacedb2f9f3900e680bcdc16d52915988d799f

As I said, I cannot take it on because it's too much work to try to run more than 1-2 Coins but I can help you with advice on making some of the necessary changes. You'd also have to figure out what you want as your minimum and maximum Stake age and reward per year.

I'm have limited understanding when it comes to coding so I'm not viable candidate for the job.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:16:35 PM

Ok well good luck running any project in the future....

I have a contract with the owner of the intellectual property. That gives me and the intellectual property owner (each of us separately) the legal right. One of us could prosecute in criminal court and the other could sue. Anyone summoned into court would have to make appearance or a ruling would be made in default against them. The summons could come suddenly and might not allow adequate time for a defendant to make travel arrangements. Travel cost would be at the defendant's expense.

Make an offer in gold, we might agree to sell.

If you'd like to start a similar type of coin with an empty blockchain and a different name, knock yourself out.

I guess that is it or is it? Does he have legal right to LTCD? Is there any body interested in developing similar type of this coin?
Litecoindark

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 05:12:38 PM

Dear Community,

It looks like the project is a mess right now unnfortainly.
I am thinking to restart Ltcd with a new team. Only the question I Will ask the community if there is support for?
I realy don't wanna put time in something what is not supported by the community.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Regards,

Litecoidark

BTC: 1JwLwhZNy8CtKL92NcwNHJNFB8gwF1kRN2
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:51:05 PM

Restart it to do what? Why even ask people? Just mine it and add some stuff to it but the coin is basically a coin-gen clone with no features, nothing unique about it, not even the name. You would be better off doing a snapshot of the balances and making a better coin.
Targetbit

Activity: 323

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:21:17 PM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on March 20th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:56:48 AM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on March 20th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC

Also in feb, yet it's still there, we'll see...

Targetbit

Activity: 323

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 06:15:18 AM

Also in feb, yet it's still there, we'll see...

When there is no dev coin is dead.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: