Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:12:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Unofficial) Litecoindark Thread (LTCD Dead-Officially)  (Read 9848 times)
WinkleSprinkle

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:01:48 PM

is this coin even trading anymore? lite-coin-dark people that bought that should think about their career choice again

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:35:47 PM

is this coin even trading anymore? lite-coin-dark people that bought that should think about their career choice again

Said the noob with no rep Grin, due enlighten us with your trader expertise lol

WinkleSprinkle

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:17:35 PM

well the first dev left. the second had the coin "accidentally" delisted from an exchange and the volume has been dead on it for awhile. That requiered more common sense than trader expertise but I guess you can't have one without the other huh
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:28:08 PM

well the first dev left. the second had the coin "accidentally" delisted from an exchange and the volume has been dead on it for awhile. That requiered more common sense than trader expertise but I guess you can't have one without the other huh

OOOoooo so you meant invest in it now! Then I can understand you Smiley Allthough the new dev has severe communication issues, he does seem sincere in his attempts to still make something of it. A bit of scraps to buy a few thousand, very high return or minimal loss, always a gamble, but you never know Wink

WinkleSprinkle

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:41:44 PM

OOOoooo so you meant invest in it now! Then I can understand you Smiley Allthough the new dev has severe communication issues, he does seem sincere in his attempts to still make something of it. A bit of scraps to buy a few thousand, very high return or minimal loss, always a gamble, but you never know Wink

it might be a great time to invest it might not. as long as the trader does their own research they shouldn't feel bad with their choice. always a gamble but it is the alt coin game it's expected
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:40:20 PM

Link to repo showing commits being added and bugtested?

Well, your best thinking turned you into a crybaby, so there ya have it.

I didn't attack. I defended. I was attacked first. I won't coddle a troll.

I have absolutely no concern what YOU think about LTCD. You only want to get on my back, really. Your crap about LTCD is just a ruse.

People who buy the coin are not investing in LTCD (the project). They are buying the product from other people. There ARE NO investors in LTCD. You have confused yourself if you think otherwise.

You have no argument and nothing to discuss. You and I have had this dance before. I will not acknowledge anything from you in the future.

You and I both know that isn't true. You PM'd me. I replied back with much detail. You came back all hostile and diaper full of dirty doo doo. My second reply to you was quite severely profane and grumpy. You earned it, so you got it.

-edit to add-
You didn't answer my question. I took my turn. You then resorted to name calling and said I'm autistic - but you avoided the subject YOU brought up. Now take your turn. You called me out. You wanted to play. Now I'm here and I brought the bat. Have you got the balls, Twinkie?

The question that you conveniently avoided was the first question I turned back around on you (and you quoted it in your own reply, so don't deny you were asked, the proof that you brought it up and that I asked you is in the box just a few lines down):
And just WHAT work have you offered to do? Cuss me out? Insult me? Bait me with loaded questions that you can misquote me on at a later time? Gee, thanks dude. Luv Ya.

As a matter of fact, I am the only one who can decide. So, I guess that means you are wrong.

You just don't understnad that you aint the only one who can decide...

And just WHAT work have you offered to do? Cuss me out? Insult me? Bait me with loaded questions that you can misquote me on at a later time? Gee, thanks dude. Luv Ya.

...if you wish to make a coin a succes, but working together isn't in your dictionary I guess....

Roll Eyes dude is really authistic... I didn't cuz you out, untill you came with complete nonsens...

This is exactly my reasoning to why LTCD is a dead project because you state your opinion in a very unprofessional and attacking manner and as a result people push back, you complain about FUD that you are creating. I can only imagine what it would be like if a real investor wanted to be part of the project  Roll Eyes
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:56:44 AM

I've tranferred 50000 LTCD to cold storage, still have a (tiny tiny) little faith in LTCD, we'll see Smiley

sx100

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:52:14 AM

I've tranferred 50000 LTCD to cold storage, still have a (tiny tiny) little faith in LTCD, we'll see Smiley

Sometimes a coin can get pumped back up months after it crashed. Look at BBQ coin's pump in Dec 13 after it looked like it was finished.
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:57:41 AM

Sometimes a coin can get pumped back up months after it crashed. Look at BBQ coin's pump in Dec 13 after it looked like it was finished.

A simple pump can't get my invest back I think, I hope on further development...

pro-investor

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 11:43:23 AM

Fork this coin and take it out of the hands of this vicvelcro idiot.

With him in comand this coin is going nowhere, it will die.
If you guys like your coin and your investment in it, then start to act, complaining won't change a thing.

Just my 2sats worth of thinking
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:50:26 PM

If you guys like your coin and your investment in it, then start to act, complaining won't change a thing.

Ok, how do you advice to go about it, due enlighten us, how do demote vicvelcro.... are you gonna take over development Smiley We just need someone who CAN communicate normally...

pro-investor

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 01:26:38 PM

Ok, how do you advice to go about it, due enlighten us, how do demote vicvelcro.... are you gonna take over development Smiley We just need someone who CAN communicate normally...

I can't do it, for me the code of a coin is like algebra...no clue at all. I am sure that there is some one here who could help out, just ask them to come forward and help out.

* Or try to convince vicveicro to leave the comunication to some one else *
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:37:23 PM

I can't do it, for me the code of a coin is like algebra...no clue at all. I am sure that there is some one here who could help out, just ask them to come forward and help out.

He says that someone else is responsible for that, yet that one is busy atm, but will be back?

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:09:36 PM

He says that someone else is responsible for that, yet that one is busy atm, but will be back?

What algo is LiteCoinDark? X11?

I did talk about this before that your best option is to go POS only now in the conventional way while you work on the design for POS by Trollbyfire. If LTCD remains POW only, it's going to continue dropping in price no matter what since it's likely to be months before it will be completed so from a price point of view it would then be better to sell now and buy back later but by then people will likely have forgotten about LTCD. In terms of going POS only or as a hybrid, there are several Coins that started as POW only and then added in the code that transitioned them to POS only and that would be better since it would take away all that sell pressure. Clams also used a large addredeemscript in the first Block containing all addresses from Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin for distribution so if your system is really different from traditional POS then you could do something along those lines or burn Coins for new Coins.

I don't own any LTCD so I don't really care that much, I'm just giving you some ideas.
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:22:59 PM

@Bittrex

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on January 23rd unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.....

Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:59:32 PM

Why isn't the price zero by now, it seems someone is still buying coins....

rastuss

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:49:02 AM

Ok, having read most of the threads for LTCD over the past months, I'm going to have my 2 penneth, I reckon the amount of the stuff I own allows me to do that. Since no-one can post on the official thread, I'll do it here.

Point 1 - Attitude.

Being the dev of a coin, especially one that's had problems and one which needs reviving, requires a certain amount of man management skills, which are obviously missing from vics armoury. Vic, whatever drives you to develop this coin, you need to realise that all this "agressive defense" you are offering, be that on the official thread or on here is misplaced. You need to listen to every single concern, be that abusive or positive, and take every scrap of information from it. To reply to every critism as though someones just insulted your own family is just not the right thing to do.
When you took over this coin, people had really high hopes for what you were doing, and your enthusiasm for the same. Now, it's hard to see anything in you other than some sort of power crazed zealot who thinks he can dictate every single aspect of the coins new development. I have at certain times in the past seen this behaviour stem from someone who is just so passionate about what they're trying to do, and working so hard that they see every comment as a critism. Vic - if this is you, I would emplore you to get someone to speak for you on these forums. Someone who can take a comment like "you're all dicks and there's nothing happening with LTCD" and reply with something like "thanks for your comments, I can assure you our development team is working very hard and we hope to have an announcement by the end of next week reference our next stage of developement. Please feel free to return to this post and give us a hurry up should you not see that announcement at the appropriate time." If it's a genuine query, you've just earned some "points". If it's an idiot, you've not lowered yourself to their standards, but still fully answered their question. Come on Vic - we're all looking for true leadership from you, not the ability to get into abusive scraps on a forum.

Point 2 - Community.

This is the key one if the coin is going to survive. Someone made a point in a previous thread that the coin is not the dev, it's the community. Absolutely bang on. But when a new dev takes on a coin, especially one with issues, the absolute, definate, solo, first thing they need to do, is bring the whole community on the journey with them. This means transparency, honesty, constant quality communication, having the ability to listen (see above), and basically being the figurehhead for a huge amount of people who have invested in this coin and want it to rebound. You have simply got to engage everyone with a view, so that we all travel together on this. If you fragment the community, you will fragment the coins very support, and it will surely die.

I know about this stuff Vic, and whilst I thought I saw good intentions in you in late 2014, they won't be enough to turn this around on their own.

Take on board some of the above if you want, or ignore it. It's certainly not meant as a critism, but you'll see what you'll see.

Love & snuggles....

Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:53:14 PM

Ok, having read most of the threads for LTCD over the past months, I'm going to have my 2 penneth, I reckon the amount of the stuff I own allows me to do that. Since no-one can post on the official thread, I'll do it here.

Point 1 - Attitude.

Being the dev of a coin, especially one that's had problems and one which needs reviving, requires a certain amount of man management skills, which are obviously missing from vics armoury. Vic, whatever drives you to develop this coin, you need to realise that all this "agressive defense" you are offering, be that on the official thread or on here is misplaced. You need to listen to every single concern, be that abusive or positive, and take every scrap of information from it. To reply to every critism as though someones just insulted your own family is just not the right thing to do.
When you took over this coin, people had really high hopes for what you were doing, and your enthusiasm for the same. Now, it's hard to see anything in you other than some sort of power crazed zealot who thinks he can dictate every single aspect of the coins new development. I have at certain times in the past seen this behaviour stem from someone who is just so passionate about what they're trying to do, and working so hard that they see every comment as a critism. Vic - if this is you, I would emplore you to get someone to speak for you on these forums. Someone who can take a comment like "you're all dicks and there's nothing happening with LTCD" and reply with something like "thanks for your comments, I can assure you our development team is working very hard and we hope to have an announcement by the end of next week reference our next stage of developement. Please feel free to return to this post and give us a hurry up should you not see that announcement at the appropriate time." If it's a genuine query, you've just earned some "points". If it's an idiot, you've not lowered yourself to their standards, but still fully answered their question. Come on Vic - we're all looking for true leadership from you, not the ability to get into abusive scraps on a forum.

Point 2 - Community.

This is the key one if the coin is going to survive. Someone made a point in a previous thread that the coin is not the dev, it's the community. Absolutely bang on. But when a new dev takes on a coin, especially one with issues, the absolute, definate, solo, first thing they need to do, is bring the whole community on the journey with them. This means transparency, honesty, constant quality communication, having the ability to listen (see above), and basically being the figurehhead for a huge amount of people who have invested in this coin and want it to rebound. You have simply got to engage everyone with a view, so that we all travel together on this. If you fragment the community, you will fragment the coins very support, and it will surely die.

I know about this stuff Vic, and whilst I thought I saw good intentions in you in late 2014, they won't be enough to turn this around on their own.

Take on board some of the above if you want, or ignore it. It's certainly not meant as a critism, but you'll see what you'll see.

Love & snuggles....

That was me Smiley My thoughts exactly, only your words much better then mine, feel like taking up PR for LTCD, if Vic lets you? Grin

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:49:37 PM

Point 1 - Attitude.

Point 2 - Community.

Love & snuggles....

That was me Smiley My thoughts exactly, only your words much better then mine, feel like taking up PR for LTCD, if Vic lets you? Grin

Just make a new thread, new forums. https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-simple-machines-on-ubuntu-12-10

A Cryptocurrency is decentralized by nature so you really don't need to ask anyone's permission as long as you are able to get support from the majority.
rastuss

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:14:25 PM

Point 1 - Attitude.

Point 2 - Community.

Love & snuggles....

I would be happy enough to discuss it, but it wasn't my original intention. I was under the impression someone was already nominated to do it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: