Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:32:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Now Funded] Help build a better Bitcoin logo!  (Read 35213 times)
istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 07:42:27 PM

The logo is good, it looks slick, sound and healthy.
It does not imply anything that could be interpreted as bad or aggressive.

If some think it looks like a pancake? So what, pancakes are good most people like pancakes.

It might be simple but it gives it credibility, makes it look quality and fresh. Polished.
Not overworked as something done by a photoshop or 3d learning teenager.

K.I.S.S
Keep it simple stupid

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 07:43:58 PM

The logo is good, it looks slick, sound and healthy.
It does not imply anything that could be interpreted as bad or aggressive.

Which logo?  Huh

Coinabul (OP)

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 08:37:02 PM

We're not that far off people! Please pledge!

The rising price has brought down the cost! Only 44BTC is needed. We're 17BTC away.

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Coinabul (OP)

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 10:10:37 PM

We've reached the amount of pledges we need.

We're going ahead and designing now. I'll provide updates as they are made available.

Now's a good time for suggestions! Smiley

Thank you everyone for your pledges, you'll be contacted in a week or so (about halfway through the design process). At this time I'll provide a pledge BTC address and an update on the progress. You'll get to see where the design is going before anyone else!

Hopefully we'll have something amazing to show soon!

Thanks,
-Jon

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 10:18:16 PM

Well, I have one suggestion and it's one word. Simplicity. The "bling bling" logos are cool and all but they are not good for universal use. We need a logo that's good for all purposes. It needs to be simple and cool at the same time.

Designing a logo that is better than the current orange logo is not going to be easy but it is possible. I wish best of luck with that.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Coinabul (OP)

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 10:40:14 PM

Well, I have one suggestion and it's one word. Simplicity. The "bling bling" logos are cool and all but they are not good for universal use. We need a logo that's good for all purposes. It needs to be simple and cool at the same time.

Designing a logo that is better than the current orange logo is not going to be easy but it is possible. I wish best of luck with that.
Added to the suggestion list.

I agree, simple is better for logos.

cande

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

https://bt.cx

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2012, 11:02:42 PM

wow this is a nice thread! great contribution Coinabul!

BTCX "more Private than Swiss banking"
https://bt.cx
unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 01:35:40 AM

I suggest holding a logo design contest on 99designs.

It's good place to get some professional looking logos for a good price.  Minimum award is $300. I think we should be able to collect that much.

The advantage of using 99designs is that we can access a much bigger pool of (semi)professional designers than by just posting a bounty on this forum.  We will also have several designs to pick from and we can do a community vote to decide the winner.

Would be cool to have a 99designs type of site that runs off of bitcoin.

Would anyone use it? Perhaps the people that are spectators could donate to runner up designs so that they get something too for their hard work?

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 07:55:02 PM

Alright, I want that prize money, I'll make no fuzz about it.

You ask for it, you get it.

This logo

- is simple and yet has a lot in it
- combines the original BTC symbol with the new Ƀ to make everybody happy (for chrissake)
- is 2-color black&white and easily invertible
- adds some mystic appeal and secrecy using hidden symbolism
- scalable version will be made available (if credit comes flying my way)
- can be worked into any shiny bling bling (pancake coloring possible also)
- resembles a COIN(!)
- looks both techy and ancient
- has the ability to convince a yet untapped Eastern market

The Chinese good luck symbol btw. coined the future expression "Do you have some luck for me?" (pictures of my time machine will be made available in the future)

Here, I made some animations too!

I was thinking about incorporating my donation address into the logo (possibly to the right of the B) kinda to make it look official or something, like the serial numbers on banknotes. But I don't have a tool to do curved lettertypes with, yet. I will do this if there is popular demand..

The 1's and 0's (which represent the timestamp in the genesis block, as mentioned here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92954.msg1026004#msg1026004) can easily be replaced by corresponding political or religious symbols depending on your worldview such as pentagrams, swastikas, david stars, pyramids or crop circles. Whatever you fancy.

If it were possible to incorporate a sound effect into a .PNG or .GIF I would've done that using a foreboding gong or perhaps a science-fiction swoosh-sound. But I guess you can't have everything..

dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 09:01:24 PM

This one is still my favorite. Why change to something else?

Timbo925

Activity: 352

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 09:22:35 PM

Well let me try this. Something totally different than others so some may not like it.
But some constructive criticism is always welcome. I tried to mimic the bitcoin B with simple shapes.
Used the orange of the 'old' logo and combined it with an other matching color. Gives it a calm impression imo.
Hope you like it  Wink

Coinabul (OP)

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 09:25:57 PM

Well let me try this. Something totally different than others so some may not like it.
But some constructive criticism is always welcome. I tried to mimic the bitcoin B with simple shapes.
Used the orange of the 'old' logo and combined it with an other matching color. Gives it a calm impression imo.
Hope you like it  Wink

Wow, really sexy! Smiley Really abstract though.

Timbo925

Activity: 352

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 09:41:37 PM

Thanks!
It is indeed abstract but this also gives it a instinct look. If you see this as a logo in your system tray you would identify it quite easily.
Might try some other things if I get a good idea.

Also made a version only using grey. A black/white version needs some work because it doesn't really work the way I made the file in vectors atm.

Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:20:18 PM

Thanks!
It is indeed abstract but this also gives it a instinct look. If you see this as a logo in your system tray you would identify it quite easily.
Might try some other things if I get a good idea.

Also made a version only using grey. A black/white version needs some work because it doesn't really work the way I made the file in vectors atm.

Why is there a trademark? I like it, but its kind of close to the blutooth logo imo, try something more octogon-y

hi
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 10:56:07 PM

Hope you like it  Wink

+1 the symbol on the left is a bit abstract, but I think you are on to something. The font choice is awesome. The colors look good.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:27:53 AM

Hope you like it  Wink

I was not a fan of this thread at all, but then this logo was posted. It is actually GOOD.

I do not think the logo needs changing, and 99.9% of the alternatives are significantly worse than the original. However, Timbo925's design is badass and worthy of at least slight consideration.

I'd remove the TM for a number of reasons Wink
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 01:41:04 AM

3 Bitcoin?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 02:19:16 AM

Hope you like it  Wink

+1 the symbol on the left is a bit abstract, but I think you are on to something. The font choice is awesome. The colors look good.

The presentation is super professional. Notice the very subliminal gradient on the white background? It makes the entire logo look so much better. (I just learned something new.)

I don't like the lettering though...

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 04:26:05 AM

The big tail on the 't' looks like a 'u' and made me think 'buttcoin' when I first saw it.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Stardust

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 08:08:14 AM

Hope you like it  Wink

I like it, it also fits symbolizing the blockchain. I don't like the font, I think the ubuntu font is better, but the abstract logo is perfect.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: