Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:54:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaign to BOYCOTT BITCOIN!  (Read 9567 times)
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:54:20 PM

yes, scams are a problem. And i suspect a good  portion of those scams is orchestrated by the bitcoiners to hold the alts down and teach people "just stay with bitcoin". It also explains why these scams are allowed here.

-----------
HOLY COW! I just had my daily moment of clarity.

but
I think it is mostly mid-range whales.  
Guys that scored less than 100-1000btc.

In alts they discovered the art of pump and dump.
And tripled themselves to 300-3000btc.
They've milked that cow dry.

HOWEVER
that pile of scam coin loot is starting to rot
as the bitcoin drops back to reality after a 14month binge

Most will hit the doors for $fiat
oh ... mtGox, Stamp-pede 2015
yeah that

Others will dump into the alt market.

And we are talking super SUPER dumpage.

There are many btc whales that never dumped.  Yeah they sold 100 here and there.
But that stash of 10,000 has never touched the market.  In this denial stage of the market they are pissed but hopeful.  
"I was worth millions!"

CAPITULATION
"Bitcoin $200 - $150 - $50 !!!"
That is when the whales start to dump in numbers you've never seen.

So you have noobs who are dumping investment $10k(#15 coins)  
and whales who are dumping investment i-mined-them-in-2012(#10000 coins)
and the corps who are dumping (microsoft, overstock, dell)

What's the bottom of that market?

nah. they'll cash out when BTC hits below $200. Lot of them already have. Those who are playing with altcoin markets are traders and rest are just holders. They wouldn't know what to do with the market even if they dump their coins. They'll end up losing it if they don't know what the fck they're doing.

Just because someone has 5000 BTC doesn't mean he can play with altcoin market. He would be left with no choice but divest but I think majority holders have already divested when market was $1200. Now they just buy bitcoins because they have luxury to do so. I don't think many are even holding that much.

People who had 5000-10000 BTC that became $12000000. You think they would just wait for BTC to get to $50 before cashing out? Market has been on decline since January

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:29:48 PM

yes, scams are a problem. And i suspect a good  portion of those scams is orchestrated by the bitcoiners to hold the alts down and teach people "just stay with bitcoin". It also explains why these scams are allowed here.

As litecoin began its first run up Bitcoiners simply decided to flood the market with altcoins, "divide the morons up into oblivion behind hundreds of altcoins" it's been very profitable for them.

This notion of the altcoin section (altcoins) distancing itself from Bitcoin boycotting it even is totally hilarious.
Its more like this if you can picture the scene -

The Bitcoiners are at the back of the locomotive pulling the pin out of the altcoin carriage. Your all drinking Kool-aid as your carriage draws to a standstill as you look up the tracks a jubilant group of Bitcoiners are smiling waving and blowing kisses at you as they disappear off into the distance .  Kiss

Solution - buy Litecoin - Thankyou and goodnight  Grin

Bitrated user: Mick.
HarryPotHead

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:10:02 PM

Bitcoin has become the cancer of cryptocurrency and holds back progress and surpresses the entire altcoin industry. It is a scam for early adopters and miners to get rich of YOUR money by hyping  it up to the point of telling people 10million$ for a coin would be realistic. This is a get rich quick mentality and often times misleading marketing (comparison to gold while it is inflationary more than fiat) and bitcoin looks very, very much like a ponzi right now.

Hard to tell whether you're trolling (I suspect you are) but the cancer of cryptos are altcoin scams and it's the adopters of these shitcoins and scamscoins that actually want to 'get rich off your money by hyping it up'. Actually come to think about it I think you're trying to be ironic here lol.

yes, scams are a problem. And i suspect a good  portion of those scams is orchestrated by the bitcoiners to hold the alts down and teach people "just stay with bitcoin". It also explains why these scams are allowed here.

You sir deserve an award, that is exactly what has been happening ^^ post above mine keep it real homie an You wanna help find the scams then find Findcoin created to out these little fu*&*^s 

minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 11:50:07 PM

-The bitcoiners (especially the bigger bagholders) in large parts suffer delusion of grandeur

- Bitcoin is wasteful. The high inflation leads to a too large and centralised mining industry consuming huge amounts of electricity and money.

- Bitcoin is anti fair distribution and an elitist shitcoin)

- Bitcoin has become the cancer of cryptocurrency

You sir, deserve a medal +100000000

Bitcoin is the biggest shitcoin/scamcoin there is, if it were launched today it would go nowhere because it's technologically behind every single one of the altcoins, even the bad ones.
only thing keeping it up really is the amount of money that jumped into it at the beginning and the fact that newcomers always hear first of bitcoin and then someone speaks of any other coin as an "altcoin" or a "clone" which makes them look bad even before anyone takes a look at how they are.

Viacoin for example is 10000 times better than btc for any real usage that may come from it, but, this is also everyone's fault, the exchanges for only listing btc as the "big" coin which converts to fiat and pretty much only listing that one and litecoin (who?).

True, most alts are crap, but some of them, around 1-2% (which is a lot considering the amount of alts in existance) are actually quite good and comparing them to btc is like comparing an aston martin to an old crappy ass buick.

I've honestly lost a lot more money holding BTC than holding alts, a LOT more.

virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:33:57 AM

-The bitcoiners (especially the bigger bagholders) in large parts suffer delusion of grandeur

- Bitcoin is wasteful. The high inflation leads to a too large and centralised mining industry consuming huge amounts of electricity and money.

- Bitcoin is anti fair distribution and an elitist shitcoin)

- Bitcoin has become the cancer of cryptocurrency

You sir, deserve a medal +100000000

Bitcoin is the biggest shitcoin/scamcoin there is, if it were launched today it would go nowhere because it's technologically behind every single one of the altcoins, even the bad ones.
only thing keeping it up really is the amount of money that jumped into it at the beginning and the fact that newcomers always hear first of bitcoin and then someone speaks of any other coin as an "altcoin" or a "clone" which makes them look bad even before anyone takes a look at how they are.

Viacoin for example is 10000 times better than btc for any real usage that may come from it, but, this is also everyone's fault, the exchanges for only listing btc as the "big" coin which converts to fiat and pretty much only listing that one and litecoin (who?).

True, most alts are crap, but some of them, around 1-2% (which is a lot considering the amount of alts in existance) are actually quite good and comparing them to btc is like comparing an aston martin to an old crappy ass buick.

Bitcoin's advantage over altcoins, and it definitely is the top used coin as it currently has the greatest market cap, is the network effect. BTC is lightyear's ahead of alts in this respect. Maybe it will continue development *counterparty* and remain like the top coin (which is what m to be happening now - it doesn't have to innovate as fast as alts, it just has to remain the most attractive coin), or maybe something will eventually replace it. Why do you think it needs to be boycotted?
a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:39:50 AM

Bitcoin's advantage over altcoins, and it definitely is the top coin as it currently has the greatest market cap, is the network effect. BTC is lightyear's ahead of alts in this respect. Maybe it will continue development *counterparty* and remain like the top coin (which is what m to be happening now - it doesn't have to innovate as fast as alts, it just has to remain the most attractive coin), or maybe something will eventually replace it. Why do you think it needs to be boycotted?

Probably because of its toxicity, delusions of grandeur, fraudulent marketing, unability to be a store of value.

If you do not openly boycott it nothing will change and they keep trashtalking alts. We need other basecurrencies for trading, fully agree. Bitcoin had its time. It was fun and all but now it is time for it to step down and give way to innovation and a healthy industry.

it suppresses progression and innovation in other cryptos, it's like a fat guy getting passed by a more fit person trying to hold him not letting him pass. Mjority of Bitcoin fans do the same by trying to talk shit on other projects attempting to not let them pass by, even if that project offers a real purpose and innovation, they get butthurt because its not bitcoin.

nails it
a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:53:57 AM

thank god it crashes right now. Good riddance.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:42:40 AM

I agree that it suppresses progression and innovation in other cryptos, it's like a fat guy getting passed by a more fit person trying to hold him not letting him pass. Mjority of Bitcoin fans do the same by trying to talk shit on other projects attempting to not let them pass by, even if that project offers a real purpose and innovation, they get butthurt because its not bitcoin.

I'm a bitcoin supporter aswell but their fan base is getting retarded and not willing to open their fcking eyes to potential projects, especially some 2.0 startups which i hope to shine and put bitcoiners a lesson not to think bitcoin is the only true currency.

the thing though few if any new alt is in any way, for any practical adoptive purpose, 'innovative', 'innovations' just a term to sell a new scam to the get rich quick crowd.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:45:22 AM

happens when ur in it for fiat rather then cryptos  Wink
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 02:08:09 AM

the only reason I have ever bought bitcoin is to buy superior alts which I use and save.
they also have no 'foundation' , and don't go grovelling to governments and banks

bitcoin just became too damn corporate, which is weird as has been such a naughty boy (silk road and scammers)

I love crypto and the sense of empowerment and very grateful for the concept and implementation by satoshi and for bitcoins existence.

but I have my altcoin communities and coins that i love and look forward to seeing the good coins grow and grow with good honest developers of which there are many. yes there are many scamcoins too, do your homework.

this world is fucked up enough by the dollar, imagine if it was the ONLY currency?
the exact reason we must never have a monopoly in crypto with just bitcoin as the player, which really for all intents and purposes is the case now. currently

on the next upswing we will see more and more of established trusted alts growing and growing. I am convinced of this. no-one wants just one currency or just one crypto. It's unnatural and for that reason won't happen.
A tiny percentage of the planets population is involved in crytpo right now, tiny. Human nature craves diversity and choice, and convenience. And frankly speaking bitcoin is a bloody dinosaur compared to many alts, many are pure clones too

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 02:31:45 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 02:35:33 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

MrBig

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:42:52 AM

Bitcoin is still the most widely accepted crypto by merchants. Boycotting it would be bad for business for some of us. Although if more cryptos start to be accepted, I may consider other options.
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:35:32 PM

Build another one.

Grin  Grin  Grin
minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 02:01:08 PM

Wow, that's very, very cool! I completely see what you mean there man, and it's 100% true.

virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:27:16 PM

childish thread. no point in doing that folks.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
fat buddah

Activity: 329
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:08:01 PM

Quark PUMP!

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:53:03 PM

so, we knew all the stuff posted in OP already.
what is the reason for the dump TODAY?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 01:28:56 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 02:00:56 AM by insidertradingeverywhere

so, we knew all the stuff posted in OP already.
what is the reason for the dump TODAY?

sellpressure mounting up ... inflation presses down, always ... so it's not going up, so people sell and more people sell. Didn't rise for a year. Just more selling and sellpressure is not going to stop.

Now we see a little rebound as i write this and i am sure once the buyers are exhausted (very soon as fools are rare and broke already) we go to new lows. Bitcoin as is today is not worth more than 150$ imho

waaat?

Merit: 104

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:23:04 PM

all shitcoins go to zero - bitcoin no exception
qbits

Activity: 219

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:38:49 PM

I applaude this effort. Supporting this.

I applause as well....
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: