Bitcoin Forum
December 08, 2016, 10:14:01 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC is bogus  (Read 21283 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 11:18:50 PM

Sure, I re-affirm it.  Our devices would literally melt if they came in at 114w or more. 

Thanks for reminding me... I think I have another bet for a more substantial amount with someone but bugger all if I remember who.  I guess I will have to dig back in my posts.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Third Way

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 12:13:35 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

It's on now ya'll!

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 03:10:44 AM

Sure, I re-affirm it.  Our devices would literally melt if they came in at 114w or more. 

Thanks for reminding me... I think I have another bet for a more substantial amount with someone but bugger all if I remember who.  I guess I will have to dig back in my posts.

What kind of FC package are you using? Not that I don't believe you, but it seems like 14W per chip shouldn't be that dangerous if you can keep the temperature at the interface reasonable. Or do you mean with the stock HS and fan in the case?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Drama Junkie

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 03:15:09 AM

No love for shills ITT.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they keep laughing, then they start choking on their laughter, and then they go and catch their breath. Then they start laughing even more.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Drama Junkie

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:06:12 PM

At FTC’s Request, Court Halts Bogus Bitcoin Mining Operation [ftc.gov]

I told you so.  Kiss

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they keep laughing, then they start choking on their laughter, and then they go and catch their breath. Then they start laughing even more.
Raskal

Activity: 67

A Fools Paradise Is A Wise Man's Hell

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:43:56 AM

That is funny. However besides that appointed receiver assuming command BFL appears to be unaffected. A judge has already said he believes there was foul play but due to lack of evidence and a star "silver tounged" witness for the defense was unable to give them the 24 months in jail they were facing. Who knew stealing multi millions of dollars would get you less jail time than stealing  $1000 from a store or bank :/ so BFL may face a fine for the misuse of company funds charge but they won't get any jail time and the consumers they hustled will be lucky if they get the outdated cards they paid for but any financial settlement to customers is extremely unlikely.

BTC: 1NeBJRr7dARD12PHqZ5nXeVmyxmhPwtUam  DASH: Xb9URC65as8pXhsiDBoSatpYXb3ksHqwsa
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 06:24:58 AM

That is funny. However besides that appointed receiver assuming command BFL appears to be unaffected. A judge has already said he believes there was foul play but due to lack of evidence and a star "silver tounged" witness for the defense was unable to give them the 24 months in jail they were facing. Who knew stealing multi millions of dollars would get you less jail time than stealing  $1000 from a store or bank :/ so BFL may face a fine for the misuse of company funds charge but they won't get any jail time and the consumers they hustled will be lucky if they get the outdated cards they paid for but any financial settlement to customers is extremely unlikely.

Jail time for Sonny V.

FTC will refund people as much as they can given BFL made millions go poof in a cloud of smoke.

Cards? Really I think people that requested a refund months ago are glad this is over don't you?

There will be no more units shipped. Monarchs are dead for ROI. Refunds are the only way to recoup anything.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Raskal

Activity: 67

A Fools Paradise Is A Wise Man's Hell

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:55:52 PM

That is funny. However besides that appointed receiver assuming command BFL appears to be unaffected. A judge has already said he believes there was foul play but due to lack of evidence and a star "silver tounged" witness for the defense was unable to give them the 24 months in jail they were facing. Who knew stealing multi millions of dollars would get you less jail time than stealing  $1000 from a store or bank :/ so BFL may face a fine for the misuse of company funds charge but they won't get any jail time and the consumers they hustled will be lucky if they get the outdated cards they paid for but any financial settlement to customers is extremely unlikely.

Jail time for Sonny V.

FTC will refund people as much as they can given BFL made millions go poof in a cloud of smoke.

Cards? Really I think people that requested a refund months ago are glad this is over don't you?

There will be no more units shipped. Monarchs are dead for ROI. Refunds are the only way to recoup anything.

If the FTC belived they had a solid consumer fraud case they would have taken BFL's website down not under temporary receivership. You can still go to their website and order miners so I don't believe this will end the way everyone, including the judge hearing the case, hopes it will. BFL's will be forced to pay a fine and their company will almost certainly not be disolved  and they will be back up and running as soon as the case is decided. I know that sucks a fat one but ultimately the law is the law it's difficult to prove what people's intentions are/were.

BTC: 1NeBJRr7dARD12PHqZ5nXeVmyxmhPwtUam  DASH: Xb9URC65as8pXhsiDBoSatpYXb3ksHqwsa
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:13:00 PM

<snip>

They have a solid case.

They will reimburse whatever they recently got control of.

Sonny V. broke probation and is going to go to Jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 bucks.

I think you might not realize the depth of the fraud and the potential for the IRS and FBI to be involved. The FTC is just the start.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Ø1Ø11ØØØ

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:58:35 PM

If the FTC belived they had a solid consumer fraud case they would have taken BFL's website down not under temporary receivership. You can still go to their website and order miners so I don't believe this will end the way everyone, including the judge hearing the case, hopes it will. BFL's will be forced to pay a fine and their company will almost certainly not be disolved  and they will be back up and running as soon as the case is decided. I know that sucks a fat one but ultimately the law is the law it's difficult to prove what people's intentions are/were.
Assuming your scenario comes true, who is going to continue doing business with Butterfly Labs in the future after their unscrupulous behavior has come to light ?

Either way this FTC investigation shakes out, they are done for as a business. Consumer confidence has been (rightfully) utterly destroyed.

I suspect the FTC action is "just the tip" for what's to come.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 2002

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 11:08:30 PM

Enough BFL threads. The discussion became irrelevant on this thread's topic a long time ago. Locking thread.

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
Pooled mine at kano.is, solo mine at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.