Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:57:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GIS & GeoTechnologies  (Read 563989 times)
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:39:11 PM

I expect growth  Wink

Logically with less total supply, less inflation and zero mined coins being dumped the price shouldn't dump IMO, but this is a crypto market and nothing is logical..

GEO, RLC & QRL.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weifa

Activity: 776
Merit: 308

GeoCoin Developer - GIS Technologist

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:29:11 AM
Merited by NutMasterTardd (1), NazimNasirov (1)

Hey guys, sorry I did not reach out directly to any mining pools.  I tried to inform the community as much as possible prior to the markets being paused and the snapshot block being taken.

My methods of communication are typically Bitcointalk, Twitter, Facebook, Slack, Discord and YouTube.

All the balances mined on the GEO POW chain up until the snapshot will be credited over to the Ubiq Network.  If you missed the on exchange swap supported by both Bittrex and Cryptopia, you'll have to use our manual swap claims process which we will be setting up shortly after the new token is live.  The process involves "Signing a Message" with the GEO desktop wallet to prove ownership of the account.  You will also need to provide your new GEO Token address from the Ubiq Network and the cryptographic signature.  These 3 elements will then be sent via a Google Form and be processed on an individual basis.

We're currently working with the UBQ developers and the exchanges to get the new token live and running.  This process will take some time and I'll be sure to post back here and on some of the other channels above when we are online once again.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions.  If you have any more questions, just let us know, thanks!
jellykko

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:33:55 AM

Currently, Yobit owns GEOcoin.
If I move GEOcoin from Yobit to my wallet right away, can I manually swap it later?
Or is GEOcoin on Yobit now obsolete?
Kplus

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:25:55 AM

Hey guys, sorry I did not reach out directly to any mining pools.  I tried to inform the community as much as possible prior to the markets being paused and the snapshot block being taken.

My methods of communication are typically Bitcointalk, Twitter, Facebook, Slack, Discord and YouTube.

All the balances mined on the GEO POW chain up until the snapshot will be credited over to the Ubiq Network.  If you missed the on exchange swap supported by both Bittrex and Cryptopia, you'll have to use our manual swap claims process which we will be setting up shortly after the new token is live.  The process involves "Signing a Message" with the GEO desktop wallet to prove ownership of the account.  You will also need to provide your new GEO Token address from the Ubiq Network and the cryptographic signature.  These 3 elements will then be sent via a Google Form and be processed on an individual basis.

We're currently working with the UBQ developers and the exchanges to get the new token live and running.  This process will take some time and I'll be sure to post back here and on some of the other channels above when we are online once again.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions.  If you have any more questions, just let us know, thanks!
So i can mine GEO normally, right?
Please give me discord invite link please.
alexinv

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:27:39 AM

I expect growth  Wink

Logically with less total supply, less inflation and zero mined coins being dumped the price shouldn't dump IMO, but this is a crypto market and nothing is logical..

you are right this market is unpredictable sometimes but there factors which are positive for this coin:
1.Good idea
2.Small circulation
3.High incentive price to collect these coins by walking for it on a map
4.New blockchain with a new protocol of mining

And of course there are factors which could promote this coin significantly:
1.Access to new big exchanges: Huobi, Binance, OKex etc because Bittrex doesn't accept new users
2.A little bit marketing campaign, maybe youtubers can join this project
3.New channel on telegram because now this is the most progressive way of communication in crypto sphere
palog

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:31:26 AM

so Geo is deployed on ubiq platform? or how to understand it?thx
HammadAli

Activity: 136
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:33:16 AM

How much time will Bittrex take in order to complete the swap? Any idea?
bitminer9000

Activity: 37
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:00:11 AM

Did you inform us on this channel about your maintenance 2 weeks back?

I don't think so either.

I'm not really picking sides here but what in the world does a maintenance has to do with coins being obsoleted and the devs not offering any easy or even clear way to swap them for the new currency?

I lost money in your pool during maintenance. My miners were connected to your pool for that time and being away I could not reconnect them to a different one; machines kept using electricity and mining time was wasted. Thanks.

Ah, that explains it, and now you want others to lose too, ok.
my thoughts exactly. Not sure why yoggyogg thinks he has the right to be rude as hell.
alexinv

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:23:40 AM

How much time will Bittrex take in order to complete the swap? Any idea?

no one knows, only presumptions and expectations that on the next week
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:49:39 AM

What surprises are your expectations for special treatment around the fact you're "pool-owner" instead of doing proper research on the subject. If you did at least yesterday - you'd know yourself that coins from pre block 1568125 are not lost and all you need to do is contact developers over next week to swap them. I gave you answers to your initial questions yet you have trouble understanding it, call for "bittrex man" and bringing injustice of not being personally informed.

Glad you take care of people's coins, but no money is lost here (apart from block rewards past #1568125) and swap in fact was very much delayed so there was a lot of time to come around either medium of communication to be fully aware of what will be going on. Nothing personal, just surprised at fact you had trouble to acknowledge my initial response which clarified most of the issues.

Actually i think miningpoohub is right here. Seriously, how difficult can it be to contact 4 or 5 mining pools directly. It is 1 email spread to all mining pool owners, not a real big investement of time, not?

You mention to read bitcointalk, ok, but even here the info in the first original post is NOT updated (at least it was not at the time writing this post).

A miningpool represents and works with 100's and 1000's of miners so that alone should give him some special treatment, same goes for exchanges. I have no idea why a mining pool should be handled any different than an exchange. The only difference is that one is at the beginning of the chain and the other at the end of the chain, but both are very important, at least in my opinion.

And your rude behaviour in some other posts doesn't make things any better at all. In my opinion members that offend others here should just get be banned for a month to ensure a normal discussion about a given topic can go on normally.

Just my 2 cents.

NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:53:35 PM
Merited by YoggYogg (4)

Actually i think miningpoohub is right here. Seriously, how difficult can it be to contact 4 or 5 mining pools directly. It is 1 email spread to all mining pool owners, not a real big investement of time, not?

Every average serious guy in crypto have personaly developed software for parsing twitter. If you are not strong in programming - you can create your own slack chat and add crypto bot to your channel.
If any mining pool do not use any additional software for monitoring market - it is serious problem for pool investors. I would not trust my money to such persons who just sitting in their comfortable chairs and waiting for dirrect info messages from developers. Things in crypto is changing constantly and very fast, if you do not have means to get actual info then hire some experts, who can get all actual market state info an provide it for you.
Following top 300 crypto twitters is normal in nowadays, at least if you mining half of top 300 coins.

I strongly agree with this, crypto involves research. It wasn't like the swap date was kept a secret either, the devs posted it months in advance across several different social media platforms.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
YoggYogg

Activity: 110
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:52:08 PM

my thoughts exactly. Not sure why yoggyogg thinks he has the right to be rude as hell.

Hello
I'm running geocoin mining pool.
https://geocoin.miningpoolhub.com

1. Surprised that geocoin upgraded their network today. I didn't know about it until now.
No miners told me about geocoin. Even geocoin dev did not contact the biggest geocoin pool.

Also there's no wallet source upgrade or announcement on github and official site.
I check wallet updates regularly but geocoin has no activity for 3 years.
https://github.com/onetimer/onetimer
http://geo.money/

What can I do with current geocoin in pool wallet? All geocoin wasted?
No PoW anymore.
How snapshot is taken?
Any official statement about this?

Hey,

1)
Geo made official statements in August 2017 about it's plans to change for PoL - https://twitter.com/geo_coin/status/899707149424644096
Throughout September-November developers informed through bitcointalk, twitter and discord about swaps schedule until bittrex confirmed the official date - https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003177652

2)
Not a Geo developer myself, but I assume that coins mined past block #1568125 should be excluded from the new blockchain - https://twitter.com/geo_coin/status/956940994787753984
As for how to carry them over to the new chain - you need to wait until swap is fully in place (trading resumed etc) and then contact developers to perform manual swap of the coins that you have collected on Geo wallet. After proving ownership of those coins you will be issued same amount of Geo Tokens.

As for the future there won't be any mining associated with Geo as it became part of Ubiq's blockchain.

If you think my above answer is rude in anyway you have a serious head problem. In addition it is not smartest thing to raid someone while publicly belonging to a big pool with public ip, let's see how your server holds on and how secure your coins are on it.
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:08:20 PM

Hey guys, sorry I did not reach out directly to any mining pools.  I tried to inform the community as much as possible prior to the markets being paused and the snapshot block being taken.

All the balances mined on the GEO POW chain up until the snapshot will be credited over to the Ubiq Network.  If you missed the on exchange swap supported by both Bittrex and Cryptopia, you'll have to use our manual swap claims process which we will be setting up shortly after the new token is live.  The process involves "Signing a Message" with the GEO desktop wallet to prove ownership of the account.  You will also need to provide your new GEO Token address from the Ubiq Network and the cryptographic signature.  These 3 elements will then be sent via a Google Form and be processed on an individual basis.

We're currently working with the UBQ developers and the exchanges to get the new token live and running.  This process will take some time and I'll be sure to post back here and on some of the other channels above when we are online once again.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions.  If you have any more questions, just let us know, thanks!

Thank you for your answer.
I'll wait for manual swap and monitor this thread frequently.  Cheesy

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:50:52 PM

Hello
I'm running geocoin mining pool.
https://geocoin.miningpoolhub.com

1. Surprised that geocoin upgraded their network today. I didn't know about it until now.
No miners told me about geocoin. Even geocoin dev did not contact the biggest geocoin pool.

Also there's no wallet source upgrade or announcement on github and official site.
I check wallet updates regularly but geocoin has no activity for 3 years.
https://github.com/onetimer/onetimer
http://geo.money/

What can I do with current geocoin in pool wallet? All geocoin wasted?
No PoW anymore.
How snapshot is taken?
Any official statement about this?

Hey,

1)
Geo made official statements in August 2017 about it's plans to change for PoL - https://twitter.com/geo_coin/status/899707149424644096
Throughout September-November developers informed through bitcointalk, twitter and discord about swaps schedule until bittrex confirmed the official date - https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003177652

2)
Not a Geo developer myself, but I assume that coins mined past block #1568125 should be excluded from the new blockchain - https://twitter.com/geo_coin/status/956940994787753984
As for how to carry them over to the new chain - you need to wait until swap is fully in place (trading resumed etc) and then contact developers to perform manual swap of the coins that you have collected on Geo wallet. After proving ownership of those coins you will be issued same amount of Geo Tokens.

As for the future there won't be any mining associated with Geo as it became part of Ubiq's blockchain.

If you think my above answer is rude in anyway you have a serious head problem. In addition it is not smartest thing to raid someone while publicly belonging to a big pool with public ip, let's see how your server holds on and how secure your coins are on it.

Huh
Hey it's not me. Check username who wrote it.

I'm not against anyone or dev.
As I told you before I only concentrate on problem solving.
Dev's official reply seems good enough for now.

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
YoggYogg

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:11:42 PM

Huh
Hey it's not me. Check username who wrote it.

I'm not against anyone or dev.
As I told you before I only concentrate on problem solving.
Dev's official reply seems good enough for now.

My answer laid out same thing with links as the "official reply" you have now. Yet you completely disregarded it, called over your boys to spam this channel and insult me.

I also concentrate on problem solving and I am curious of miningpoolhubs security layers.
N30

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:39:12 PM

If I move GEOcoin from Yobit to my wallet right away, can I manually swap it later?

I do not think so Yobit would let you move out your coins form the exchange. Yobit is one of the most ugliest exchanges which once you store your coins there I am sure it will be impossible to do a withdraw. I lost a lot of money with EGC because I had to sell them on the exchange a very low price. I did it getting BTC and then I had to convert BTC for ETH that was the way I could recover some of my investments. People should avoid Yobit for storing any crypto coin or tokens. Poloniex also became as a shit exchange. About qt wallets it is a big problem and definitely non of them are easy to handle.
YoggYogg

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:44:24 PM

I do not think so Yobit would let you move out your coins form the exchange. Yobit is one of the most ugliest exchanges which once you store your coins there I am sure it will be impossible to do a withdraw. I lost a lot of money with EGC because I had to sell them on the exchange a very low price. I did it getting BTC and then I had to convert BTC for ETH that was the way I could recover some of my investments. People should avoid Yobit for storing any crypto coin or tokens. Poloniex also became as a shit exchange. About qt wallets it is a big problem and definitely non of them are easy to handle.

I heard a lot about poloniex going badly lately and I withdrew my funds from there just in case. Although bittrex volumes are not looking great recently either, which could be a bad sign - https://cryptocoincharts.info/markets/show/bittrex

Let's hope Geo won't need to look for new markets in near future.
Gongolo

Activity: 374
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:25:03 PM

I heard a lot about poloniex going badly lately and I withdrew my funds from there just in case. Although bittrex volumes are not looking great recently either, which could be a bad sign - https://cryptocoincharts.info/markets/show/bittrex

Let's hope Geo won't need to look for new markets in near future.

Imho, Bittrex volume will grow: everybody is just waiting for BTC ride.  Cheesy
Mr. Jester

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:08:17 PM

Interesting to see UBQ spike to 5 Month highs, up nicely now, maybe bod well for GEO??
pinpins

Activity: 1022
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 09:13:04 PM

First post is not update, and I have very little time to learn last 20 pages of the forum.

Would appreciate if devs provides detailed instructions on first page, regarding upgrade and steps required

Appreciating!
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: