Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:32:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Class action Litigation vs. Bitcoinica Consultancy LTD & Intersango LTD  (Read 26925 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 07:22:59 PM

I don't want to come off as minimizing the impact some of the losses have on some of you, but I also would hate to see somebody's life ruined by jail time because of negligence. 

You don't think a million dollars is worth time in jail?  The directors on that board continue even now to act against the best interests by not calling the police.  They deserve jail time!

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paulie_w

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:26:04 PM

I have 24,841BTC on deposit with Bitcoinica.
I would like it back. 

brother why on earth did you have so much on that site?
BadBitcoin (James Sutton) (OP)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:26:56 PM

again if you have bitcoins or USD tied up in bitcoinica and want to join the litigation suit, please pm me your skype name and I will add you to our conference, thanks.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:41:12 PM

i was just randomly thinking: "maybe the price of 40btc, was not bad for a few months of good entertainment, its better then the movies!"

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:46:23 PM

I have 24,841BTC on deposit with Bitcoinica.
I would like it back. 
brother why on earth did you have so much on that site?
I was attracted by the high interest rates and the money I thought I could earn by depositing bitcoins with them.
I never made a single trade on Bitcoinica.
I simply held a balance and collected interest.

ildubbioso

Activity: 389

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 11:23:38 PM

if you need money I suggest you to open a wallet for donations. I had almost nothing but I'd partecipate with some of my BTCs, and I think others would do that.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 12:01:33 AM

I understand Bitcoinica Consultancy LTD, but what does Intersango LTD have to do with this?

this

Bitcoin is the future !
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 12:05:20 AM

I understand Bitcoinica Consultancy LTD, but what does Intersango LTD have to do with this?

this

Same company.

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:07:57 AM

this

Same company.
Having the same people involved doesn't make it the same company.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:38:15 AM

this

Same company.

Because corporations are people too, didn't you know?!  Roll Eyes

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 12:42:05 AM

this

Same company.

Wouldnt Intersango be considered an asset and liable to seizure if the same people own it ?

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:44:00 AM

this

Same company.

Wouldnt Intersango be considered an asset and liable to seizure if the same people own it ?

It would to rational human beings but not to the state and their rules, to them these are two different persons, completely separate.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:46:10 AM

this

Same company.

It would to rational human beings but not to the state and their rules, to them these are two different persons, completely separate.
Yes, they are completely separate.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 12:47:05 AM

this

Same company.

Having no responsibility is the essence of government Smiley

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 01:06:04 AM

this

Same company.

Yes, they are completely separate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_company

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 01:12:02 AM

You setup a company protected by the government then  when it comes time to call the cops when a break in happens you claim "we dont believe in government interference"  Huh

Please tell me how that makes sense.

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 01:29:33 AM

BadBitcoin contacted me today on Skype regarding this as I am based in Wellington, New Zealand and may be in a useful position to brief a local lawyer I know who is good at commercial law, and is also ex-New York so he might be useful for the US based aspects of this.

(I also know I have the worst first name for this thread.)
h00ters

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 02:10:05 AM

You wont get your BTC, but you may be able to get USD.... But I highly doubt it. These people are already broke... Patrick and others have already started this.... Once they go bankrupt, you aint getting shiiiiiit....

Remember tho, you wont get the value of btc today or in the future...You'll prolly get the same value of btc when it was hacked, which was around $4.30 if I remember correctly.

Good luck!  Wink
BadBitcoin (James Sutton) (OP)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 02:19:10 AM

You wont get your BTC, but you may be able to get USD.... But I highly doubt it. These people are already broke... Patrick and others have already started this.... Once they go bankrupt, you aint getting shiiiiiit....

Remember tho, you wont get the value of btc today or in the future...You'll prolly get the same value of btc when it was hacked, which was around $4.30 if I remember correctly.

Good luck!  Wink

Its better than nothing.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 02:22:37 AM

Good luck!  Wink

If they file for bankruptcy you wont even be able to contact them. The laws on this are very strict in both NZ and Australia.

This would include PM's on the forum I imagine.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: