Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:08:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should people related to bitcoinica have a scammer tag?
Yes. - 148 (63.5%)
No. - 55 (23.6%)
I don't care. - 30 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 230

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER TAG: bitoinica  (Read 9660 times)
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

bitcoinica still owes me 40 btc, im one of the lucky ones i got 50% . the lasted hack seemed like a inside job(and it the rest of the catastrophe could be too). im now suggesting a scammer tag of all persons related to bitcoinica(genjix, phantomcircut, zhou, donald...), at least until they have payed us back at least 100%.

i would suggest that you post all the evidence you have against them in this thread so that the mods can make an informed oppinion about the suggested scammer tag(that was what BadBear said we should). it would also be good to have all the evidence in one place, if(WHEN!!!) authorities gets involved.

also plese put in your sigs how much bitcoinica owes you if you like(see my sig).

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:25:29 PM

Ah yes, the primal need to have a scapegoat. It's weird how the poor people with the fewest lost coins are the loudest and most assholish in general, whereas the ones that have lost the most (such as Roger) are at least somewhat civil and polite.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
BlackBison

Activity: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:31:38 PM

well maybe rjk. perhaps those with the huge holdings are just still in shock/denial about the whole affair and hope is the easiest option.

its all very well for me to sweep my tiny 7.5btc loss under the carpet and see this as pretty obvious insider action from a neutral point of view but maybe I wouldn't want to hear any such 'told you so' logical talk if I had 7.5k btc in there...

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 04:32:08 PM

Ah yes, the primal need to have a scapegoat. It's weird how the poor people with the fewest lost coins are the loudest and most assholish in general, whereas the ones that have lost the most (such as Roger) are at least somewhat civil and polite.
you may be right, but that would be because if you don't have much too loose you can afford to be straight out. On the other hand if you do have much too loose you gonna be careful on what to say.

They owe me 9 btc (and maybe 5 dollars).
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:33:55 PM

I'm not saying whether anyone should be angry (they have every right to be), but I don't think some aspects are being approached correctly or maturely.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:40:39 PM

you may be right, but that would be because if you don't have much too loose you can afford to be straight out. On the other hand if you do have much too loose you gonna be careful on what to say.
excacly! i have already given up on my 40 btc, but it would be nice to have them back(i don't really have alot of money)

@rjk: fuck you, that 40 btc is more then i have in my bank account, im a poor student, asshole! Roger would survive his losses.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:44:28 PM

excacly! i have already given up on my 40 btc, but it would be nice to have them back(i don't really have alot of money)

@rjk: fuck you, that 40 btc is more then i have in my bank account, im a poor student, asshole! Roger would survive his losses.

I'm not saying whether anyone should be angry (they have every right to be), but I don't think some aspects are being approached correctly or maturely.

QED

You are making stupid assumptions.

Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 04:46:43 PM

o.0 the whiny little kids come out to play. Who didn't follow the #1 rule of investment "Don't play with funds you can't afford to loose!"

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 04:54:57 PM

They owe me 9 btc (and maybe 5 dollars).

This is EXACTLY is...  well put..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:03:48 PM

o.0 the whiny little kids come out to play. Who didn't follow the #1 rule of investment "Don't play with funds you can't afford to loose!"
im perfectly capable of dealing with losses. i had a stop order. but i kind of expected that i would have access to my money.

and no im not whining, i have accepted my loss(but it would still be a great to have them back), because of the fuck up they made, and i hope that the community will never ever trust them again.

it is my right to be angry of their incompetence.

kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:11:09 PM

should i remove Zhou, from the post? i seems innocent, and even trying to pay people back with his own funds. but he still could be the inside person, because he have intimate knowlegde of the system... or be somehow related to the mess.

what to do?

Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 05:18:31 PM

im perfectly capable of dealing with losses. i had a stop order. but i kind of expected that i would have access to my money.

and no im not whining, i have accepted my loss(but it would still be a great to have them back), because of the fuck up they made, and i hope that the community will never ever trust them again.

it is my right to be angry of their incompetence.

Only too true  Cry

However given the to date handling of the bitcoinica train wreck and something like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65867.0 where the scamming is even more blatant than the bitcoinica mess Bitcoinica hardly rates tagging or even talk of it, if that other thread is a rule of thumb for how admins here apply their "judgement".

Personally I don't believe there has been any actual scamming at all here, more it all being the misplacement of funds with people much too young, incompetent and inexperienced to deal with an actual business.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
bremer-btc-user

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:27:30 PM

I really don't know what kind of penalty this will be or what pain this should cause to them.

I suppose they really don't know what to do, they have no concept at all...

I'm waiting for refunding my 64.01 btc and it maters much to me... but a scammer-tag? for what...
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:32:46 PM

I'm waiting for refunding my 64.01 btc and it maters much to me... but a scammer-tag? for what...
damage their reputation, so no one will ever deal with them again, and they will die old sad and lonely...

i also would have suggest that their should have their balls cut off, so their could not reproduce. but i think its illegal.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:37:37 PM

Scammer tag is long overdue. No security experts can be so careless to allow this to happen. Fool me once...., but fool me three times in a fucking row???
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:37:54 PM

I voted no because they did return some of what the owe which is commendable given their predicament. I also value the principle of innocent until proven guilty and I haven't seen any proof yet that they are guilty of a scam.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 05:47:28 PM

I voted no because they did return some of what the owe which is commendable given their predicament. I also value the principle of innocent until proven guilty and I haven't seen any proof yet that they are guilty of a scam.
You clearly don't understand mob rule.

There are no legal proceedings in place yet. Problem is how to convince a curt to accept "playmoney" as value.
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:52:26 PM

You clearly don't understand mob rule.

There are no legal proceedings in place yet. Problem is how to convince a curt to accept "playmoney" as value.
the frenchmen have already been onto mtgox even with their involvment with playmoney.

Luceo

Activity: 350

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:59:03 PM

I don't want to see Zhou get one, he wasn't proveably involved and he sold the site long before the hack.

For all of the current management, I believe they should be given scammer tags unless they're willing to disclose:

- The management structure at Bitcoinica, who is involved, who was involved.
- A police report number. Two hacks in two months needs to be reported to the proper authorities. Seems very suspicious that a group of statists who have yearned for regulation are so against this.
- The exact BTC and USD total of claims approved and the exact BTC and USD total of funds delivered.

In case anyone's not on the right page, the fact that they themself have approved claims and not paid them makes this very much a scam. Bulanula got a scammer tag over 22.5 BTC (about $100 at the time), and these guys are being negligent with over a million dollars.

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 06:00:44 PM

As it stands right now at most some people might deserve a NEGLIGENT tag but labeling them scammers, I don't see how you can rationally support that.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: