Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:33:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [lee group]1980$! the sales of first batch hosted antminer s7(psu included)  (Read 67967 times)
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:26:25 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 11:19:03 AM by Min€r

for most of the time, chengdu is very stable, but seems like the internet was re-start for one time this moring
should restore immidiately

Its still down plus you know that there are no records for the downtime in the log (Neimeng downtime on my miners is 4 d, 6 h)?

Thanks for an answer!

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
tricass

Activity: 394

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:16:17 PM

for most of the time, chengdu is very stable, but seems like the internet was re-start for one time this moring

anymore news on neimeng? down 3.5 days so far!

li,

the news and notification section on the management console page has been updated with all mention of neimeng repairs removed. does that mean the problem has been fixed? if so, all my miners there are still down. can you clarify what is happening at neimeng?

clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:52:49 PM

Thank you Li...could you provide some information about NeiMeng for all the folks that are struggling with that data center?  What's the problem over there and do you have an estimate of when you think the repairs will be done?
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:32:49 PM

Li,

Can you have a look at Chengdu ? Miners are still under performing by 20-35% at my pool. Looks like an internet connection issue

Thanks
no141

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:31:10 PM

The torture never ends! Now electrical problems! All my miners are down. What is going on?

Here's the update on the host website:

Code:
Chengdu DC will perform electrical maintenance on 8:00 AM, 2015/4/13, the maintenance will last for 12 hours,
 sorry for the trouble it bring and we will cover the lose of mining earning as usall

Notice what it says in the last few words. If that were true, we would get both the host fee credit and what we would earn if they were running.

tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:50:13 PM

The torture never ends! Now electrical problems! All my miners are down. What is going on?

Code:
Chengdu DC will perform electrical maintenance on 8:00 AM, 2015/4/13, the maintenance will last for 12 hours,
 sorry for the trouble it bring and we will cover the lose of mining earning as usall

Notice what it says in the last few words. If that were true, we would get both the host fee credit and what we would earn if they were running.

that's a bit much. they'll compensate us as usual based on the $/per day/per GHs beyond the 14.4h per miner downtime per month. whilst this may be less than what you can get mining i consider it reasonable. these downtimes would be hurting li's operations more than ours i would surmise so i think he'd be wanting to do everything he can to get us and him back up and running.

clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:58:58 PM

Code:

that's a bit much. they'll compensate us as usual based on the $/per day/per GHs beyond the 14.4h per miner downtime per month. whilst this may be less than what you can get mining i consider it reasonable. these downtimes would be hurting li's operations more than ours i would surmise so i think he'd be wanting to do everything he can to get us and him back up and running.

I saw that earlier but I read 2015/4/13 and thought it was in April.  Is this coming up now?  Yep, all of my miners went down an hour ago...
clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:29:25 PM

It looks like the Chengdu data center is back on-line right on schedule...good job Lee Group team and thanks.
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:44:32 PM

All is back to normal on my part. Mining at 100%.
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:56:21 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 04:38:50 PM by sacskate

I'd like to pick up a few.. Pm me if interested in selling for $350
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:35:29 PM

It looks like the Chengdu data center is back on-line right on schedule...good job Lee Group team and thanks.

I have to take issue with "good job."  Weekly shut downs for maintenance is not a good job.  Inaccurate mining monitors that do not show what is happening real time, is not a good job.  Constant pool hopping by our miners due to poor internet connections is not a good job.  And inaccurate downtime recording is not a good job.
Additionally - I received an email last week showing the amount of credit owed for April which made no sense at all and did not even tie into what their own monitor showed for downtime hours.  I replied with a correction but have not heard from anyone nor been paid anything as of today.
So while the Lee Group has a good reputation, it's at risk because this past month has been a disaster.  From hosting to customer service to communication. 
Definitely not a "good job."
no141

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:21:36 PM

I have to take issue with "good job."  Weekly shut downs for maintenance is not a good job.  Inaccurate mining monitors that do not show what is happening real time, is not a good job.  Constant pool hopping by our miners due to poor internet connections is not a good job.  And inaccurate downtime recording is not a good job.
Additionally - I received an email last week showing the amount of credit owed for April which made no sense at all and did not even tie into what their own monitor showed for downtime hours.  I replied with a correction but have not heard from anyone nor been paid anything as of today.
So while the Lee Group has a good reputation, it's at risk because this past month has been a disaster.  From hosting to customer service to communication. 
Definitely not a "good job."

Currently whatever is going on with the internet that was repaired once or twice is certainly not a "good job". If it's not the internet, it's power, if not power, it's heat, if not heat, the miners were changed and put in a different location, if it's not that, it's maintenance/dusting time. I never understood why machines needed to be off for a dust-out, then after that they were overheating.

clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:26:25 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 09:30:49 PM by clgrissom3

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Yes, we have been through a rough patch with the Lee Group over the past month.  Yes, shutting down a data center for a whole shift or a whole day to make unscheduled repairs is highly questionable, especially when it happens several times a month.  Yes, it can be frustrating when the internet gets squirrely sometimes.  Yes, I would love to see a better monitoring interface (and I have in the past).  But the bottom line for me is this set-up is a hundred times better than what I had when I tried to run 11 AntMiner S5s in my garage and watching my wife pass out each time she opened the electric bill.  When the temperatures got above 60 degrees outside around February I pretty much had to shut everything down to keep from starting fires.  I am doing well with my machines running in the Lee Group data centers and I consider it a victory when the maintenance only takes 12 hours instead of 24 hours.

I've looked into other hosting sites around the world to switch to and because of such costs as shipping, new PSUs, import fees, operating losses from the downtime of switching and shipping time, it would take anywhere from 19 to 35 months to recover back to where I am now.  Most sites are more expensive than Li so you never recoup the costs at those sites.  So, I choose to be positive about our current situation and I will continue with the Lee Group until profit drops below zero or Li chains his doors; whichever comes first.

Bottom line, what we really need to do is give the Lee Team a break because they do a pretty good job for the most part.  I don’t believe they enjoy struggling with the rash of problems that have cropped up over the past month and then having to deal with all of the bitching from us on top of that.  I'm pretty sure most of it was out of their control anyway.  If you can't deal with a few setbacks now and then, offer up your machines for sale and move on to other ventures; those listed for $300 yesterday sold pretty fast.
tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:37:46 PM

agree with @ clgrissom3

but can we get some info on what is happening at neiming? 5.5 days downtime and counting. this is turning out to be an interesting way to earn btc with your miners - mine through compensation

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:48:19 AM

agree with @ clgrissom3

but can we get some info on what is happening at neiming? 5.5 days downtime and counting. this is turning out to be an interesting way to earn btc with your miners - mine through compensation

You are not "earning" anything. You are just going to get credited what you already paid for hosting.
Not what you would have earned for mining. Assuming all the downtime is calculated correctly. Big difference.

You guys are very gracious about losing your money.  I guess I'm less forgiving.
tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:58:45 AM

agree with @ clgrissom3

You are not "earning" anything. You are just going to get credited what you already paid for hosting.
Not what you would have earned for mining. Assuming all the downtime is calculated correctly. Big difference.

You guys are very gracious about losing your money.  I guess I'm less forgiving.

you get compensated based on the average (last 30 days) BTC/hr your miner would have earned. as i said you can earn more than the average but it is fair approach Li is using to compensate for downtime.

here's a quote from an email Li sent out some time in the past:

" hello, everyone

many people concern about how we compensate the downtime
here is our solution
first, i want to point out that we will only compensate any downtime that exceed 14.4 Hours each 30 days(98% uptime) according to our user terms.
second, the compensation will be sent lonely to make our accounting easy.

1)we will collect host fee on 20th each month, please pay the host fee in full according to our bill, you need complete the payment before 1th next month.

2)we will calculate downtime on 1th each month according to our monitor system and send each customer a mail with downtime to let your guys confirm whether it is correct.

3)we will compensate the downtime in full via btc, the amount of btc we need to pay is calculated according the following equation
  C=(T-14.4*A)*E

C: The amount of btc we need to pay
  T: The total downtime of all of your miner in hours
  A: The amount of your miners
  E: The amount of btc that your miner should mine within one hour, we will use the average value in 30 days

BTW, chengdu data center is performing yearly maintenace and will be offline for 8 hours on today and tomorrow. "

alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 10:59:38 AM

Anyone looking to sell? I can do $350 for a couple. Let's do this!
clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 12:56:00 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 09:04:15 PM by clgrissom3

agree with @ clgrissom3

You guys are very gracious about losing your money.  I guess I'm less forgiving.

After the first 14.4 hours of the month the compensation is 0.000416667 per hour of recorded downtime for each machine.  If one machine was down for 24 hours minus the 3 hours of "no record" it would come to 0.01000001 which is $2.38 (by this morning's BTC value) minus $1.416 is $0.96.  My "average" daily profit is $3.04 - $1.416 = $1.62 per machine per day so we are getting a fair shake on this.  In the NeiMeng 6-day outage for one machine it would be (with no other outage for the month):

6 x 24 = 144 - 14.4 - 3 = 126.6 x 0.000416667 = 0.05275004 = $12.55 for 6 days or $2.09 per day for one machine

That is a higher take than the $1.416 in daily host fees we pay Li per machine per day so I call that a positive day with a profit of $0.67 per machine.  On some days that beats what we get from our pools so we all need to keep a bit of perspective here.  If this were my garage and my cable internet went down for 2 days (been there) there would be no compensation at all!  If the Lee Group can get though this rough patch we will be on track again.  If we can get through the end of July without difficulty rising too much or BTC prices dropping too much I may actually see the ROI on this whole deal.  The Lee Group had the best deal around when it started at $340 and I'm glad I got in on it when I did.  I for one would like to see it continue without so much rain on my parade.  Smiley
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:17:50 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 04:01:59 PM by HerbPean

Li said that the monitoring was 2 hours off and will stay 2 hours offline while in the fact (edit missing word) you're back mining during that 2 hours.
clgrissom3
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:32:34 PM

Li said that the monitoring was 2 hours off and will stay 2 hours offline while in the your back mining during that 2 hours.

And that would make the numbers even better in a perfect world...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: