Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:22:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Videos of WoodCollector Hand Carving: Care of MOB  (Read 21471 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:36:48 AM

You do know that video, even compressed was about 2 GB right? It took nearly 2 days to upload and process.

Sorry for only replying to this part of your post, but as someone who does video editing I can't resist giving my two cents on this.

To be brief: Any and I mean ANY video can be reduced to a few hundred megabytes with proper compression.

There's no way uploading a 1 hour and 20 minutes video could take 2 days. And WC is no exception to that, he has no excuse. He could have simply googled "video compression" and found a technique in 2 minutes instead of waiting 2 days to "upload".

Just my 2 cents.
Can you download his video and re-upload it in a few hundred megabytes, while still maintaining sufficient picture quality?

It'd help prove your point and help those of us with slower internet.

Since WC had to drop everything and produce the video to prove himself as an expert, I expect you do drop everything you are doing right now and produce a "few hundred megabyte" version of WC's video for us all to see. Since you are a video editor it should be no problem or maybe you are misrepresenting yourself and deserve a negative reputation also?

lol @ "drop everything"...

the funny thing is WC is the guy who is selling products here. alani123 isn't selling wood pieces like WC...or is he? lol  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:37:40 AM

LOL.. I wanna buy it.. when does the auction start?

Once he is done lasering err I mean GENUINELY HAND CARVING EVERY PIECE OF IT FIRST.  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:39:49 AM

Once he is done lasering err I mean GENUINELY HAND CARVING EVERY PIECE OF IT FIRST.  Cheesy

I could care less which way its done.. I like it for its artistic yet simple design.

FuckANubbins.

Grin

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:11:32 AM

I could care less which way its done.. I like it for its artistic yet simple design.

FuckANubbins.

Grin

Well to each his own novelty items are fun in and of themselves

He did say it was incomplete so wonder what upgrades it will get  Cheesy

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:08:24 PM

Actually, I'd be interested in purchasing the piece too, but unfortunately no PMs yet: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935720.0

Anyway, TECSHARE:

CLAIM:
"I am a master wood carver who uses the drum sander on a dremel to produce the most skilled carvings in the world, but I also sell Butterfly Labs dildos for a hundred bucks"

EVIDENCE:

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:11:07 PM

Incidentally, here's the image of the middle finger that WoodCollector first posted:

Please note how you can still see part of the watermark on the right thumb, just below the knuckle.

When you pay for vector clip art, it doesn't have watermarks.

Yes, that's right, that hand was
STOLEN

...But it's probably the only one he stole, right, TECSHARE?  Grin

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:11:41 PM

I am still selling evidence of Woodcutter laser 15btc
So, you're likely WoodCollector himself trying to lock in a certain profit either way? Grin

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:12:32 PM

I am still selling evidence of Woodcutter laser 15btc
So, you're likely WoodCollector himself trying to lock in a certain profit either way? Grin

Stupid people think everyone is as stupid as them.

Sort of like how a goat thinks everyone else is a goat the same age and gender as they are.

Ludi

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:18:01 PM

No. The galleries and being a famous multi million dollar engraver were just part of his facade and scam. If this guy wanted to prove anything he could just show a short video of his galleries or one of him actually hand carving his intricate designs and everybody would be left eating their hat, but he hasn't so far.

Back on the stupid pills i see. Smoke and mirrors all the way.

can't let it go can you WC?  Gotta have the last word?

I'm honored to know that you think i am WoodCollecter. If i had half the talent he had in his big toe i would probably be retired already.

you are just making yourself look bad by using all these alt accounts like this. You really should stop. You are destroying all credibility that you had left

I think he destroyed that long ago. The hostility from him only seems to give credence to his detractors claims. If he posted short videos starting with a blank canvas so to speak and went through the process he could come away proving everyone wrong but instead he seems to be clutching at straws and hoping to provide just enough to convince idiots that he's legitimate. Seriously, stop bickering and wasting your time with alts and post some actual evidence that people cannot refute. You should be able to easily do this but not doing so only reinforces their accusations.

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:34:02 PM

Here's a detail of that watermark:

As you can see, there's "d", "e", and part of a "p". I wonder what logo that is?

Oh, it's the Deposit Photos logo. Now where have I seen that logo before? Oh, right, all over this image:

Which WoodCollector is burning into a piece of wood here, as of yesterday: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935930.msg10260178#msg10260178

So, he admitted to using one stolen image (the lion?) and was just caught using another (the hand), and we found sources for all the rest of the images on the same stock photo website, but he totally has licenses for everything, he swears! He can even provide the receipt from his email!

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:34:43 PM

I can't believe he hasn't locked all these threads.

Ludi

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:43:41 PM

I can't believe he hasn't locked all these threads.

He probably will but it would be pointless and people would just open up a new one. Good job anyway, glad you didn't cave to harassment.

Does anyone know who the people he was buying wood from on here? He claimed to be able to get any wood in the world but seems a bit weird how he decided to join a bitcoin forum to buy more. I wonder if this was just a ploy to introduce his business?

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:24:23 PM

This piece right here is obviously hand carved and the video he posted
proves he has the skills to do it.  Anything else is just speculation
and accusations with no proof.  Roll Eyes

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:35:20 PM

Does anyone know who the people he was buying wood from on here? He claimed to be able to get any wood in the world but seems a bit weird how he decided to join a bitcoin forum to buy more. I wonder if this was just a ploy to introduce his business?

Almost certainly. His reddit account, http://reddit.com/u/TheWoodCollector, ("Dont make me go homophobic on you")is full of similar boastful stories in /r/turning (but not /r/woodcarving) about the types of wood he can get, and the money he makes.

In order to sell people something "special", you have to first make them think it's special.

EDIT: I think Paul Revere chatted with him about selling wood before this all happened, but it didn't pan out? He probably was just giving the impression of buying good wood to add legitimacy. I doubt anyone here on the forums sold him a single piece.

fishb0ne

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:18:21 PM

Speaking of Reddit, I reached out to the Reddit community of wood workers to get some feedback. So far everyone agrees that the pieces are laser etched, not hand carved. See for yourself.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Woodcarving/comments/2tendk/is_this_guy_scamming_the_community_with_laser/

I think this one is the most damning post

I scrolled down more on the posts and you can go ahead and tell that guy that his Harbor Freight lathe is not a $10,000 lathe. You may also want to mention that the Harbor Freight gouge he pictures is absolutely not going to carve the thumbnails in the video he linked to.

If anyone else here is aware of any other, larger community of wood workers, I would suggest doing something similar, but I really don't see the point. I think the matter is settled.
Fakecoin

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:28:28 PM

This piece right here is obviously hand carved and the video he posted
proves he has the skills to do it.  Anything else is just speculation
and accusations with no proof.  Roll Eyes

Amazing carving must have tiny chisels and delicate ladies fingers. Oh evidence for 20 btc now!
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:58:18 PM

Amazing carving must have tiny chisels and delicate ladies fingers. Oh evidence for 20 btc now!

I'm waiting until it costs 40 BTC before I buy it.

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 08:05:08 PM

Here's a detail of that watermark:

As you can see, there's "d", "e", and part of a "p". I wonder what logo that is?

Oh, it's the Deposit Photos logo. Now where have I seen that logo before? Oh, right, all over this image:

Which WoodCollector is burning into a piece of wood here, as of yesterday: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935930.msg10260178#msg10260178

So, he admitted to using one stolen image (the lion?) and was just caught using another (the hand), and we found sources for all the rest of the images on the same stock photo website, but he totally has licenses for everything, he swears! He can even provide the receipt from his email!

Some more damning evidence. Tough to justify and defend Woodcollector's legitimacy when you see stuff like this.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 08:08:39 PM

Some more damning evidence. Tough to justify and defend Woodcollector's legitimacy when you see stuff like this.

don't worry...Tecshare will find a way.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 08:44:38 PM

The funny thing is that WC has not in any way, shape, or form disproved the overwhelming evidence against his claims.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: