Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:42:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM  (Read 85648 times)
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 02:38:15 AM

If this were pirate and he were crazy enough to pull of this stunt, it would provide a perfect opportunity for long term investors to average down and then sit back and watch the short squeeze unfold. I would very much look forward to this scenario.
Without Bitcoinica and without shorting, where would such a short squeeze come from?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 02:43:54 AM

I thought we determined that this was the silk road escrow wallet
where? link?

What I mean to say is that I sent btc to silk road and then I tracked the funds. They immediately went to that address. That is Silk Road's main storage. Nearly two million USD is tied up in the Silk Road Marketplace.

This account will now be thrown away.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 02:51:11 AM

If this were pirate and he were crazy enough to pull of this stunt, it would provide a perfect opportunity for long term investors to average down and then sit back and watch the short squeeze unfold. I would very much look forward to this scenario.
Without Bitcoinica and without shorting, where would such a short squeeze come from?

If there is one player in a position to short Bitcoin on a massive scale its Pirate, since has has well known liabilities denominated in BTC. If he moves the corresponding asset from BTC to USD by selling the borrowed BTC for USD, he has an instant BTC short position.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 02:54:55 AM

where? link?

What I mean to say is that I sent btc to silk road and then I tracked the funds. They immediately went to that address. That is Silk Road's main storage. Nearly two million USD is tied up in the Silk Road Marketplace.

I dont see any proof for either the pirate nor the SR theory in the thread linked to your quote.
But it the whole address was seemingly immediately drained once this thread was created, linking it with pirate.
What puzzles me though is that blockexplorer.com and blockchain.info both show a still available balance of 447835.01317523 BTC for this address. But her: https://blockchain.info/charts/balance?address=1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM it appears to be empty. Error?
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 03:40:23 AM

where? link?

I dont see any proof for either the pirate nor the SR theory in the thread linked to your quote.
But it the whole address was seemingly immediately drained once this thread was created, linking it with pirate.
What puzzles me though is that blockexplorer.com and blockchain.info both show a still available balance of 447835.01317523 BTC for this address. But her: https://blockchain.info/charts/balance?address=1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM it appears to be empty. Error?

Way more likely for the graph to be in error than explorer and .info.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 03:49:23 AM

Occams razor says the pirate is silk road's mixer.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 03:57:32 AM

Except SR was trucking along well before pirate started his thing?

Correct me if I'm wrong, here. I know he's been doing this (whatever it is) for a while, but does the start of that coincide with SR starting a new mixer or something?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 04:20:39 AM

Don't worry, all of the balance graphs end at 0.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 05:09:58 AM

That would be an insane price to pay for clean coins.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 05:13:16 AM

I think he meant that if pirate sells too low and the price rises dramatically and forces him to buy back in at a higher price...that would squeeze him because ultimately he would have less btc

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 05:20:52 AM

I think he meant that if pirate sells too low and the price rises dramatically and forces him to buy back in at a higher price...that would squeeze him because ultimately he would have less btc

aye, that's exactly what it would do. The asks would not follow down no where near quick enough for a 517k BTC seller to buy back anything profitably.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 05:34:44 AM

So... is anyone else attempting to crack the private key?
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 05:37:04 AM

Lol
sadpandatech

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 05:39:26 AM

Lol

HAHA, sure. Maybe if we pool together a million worth of new ASICS and spend the next thousand years on it, we may have a 1% chance at it. ;p  *not actual odds. There are people that know the math on it, and I am NOT one of them*

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 06:34:01 AM

Yes. Less BTC than the outstanding BTC debt to pirate's lenders forcing pirate to have to buy more BTC in order to pay back his lenders further forcing up the price and increasing his losses. This is exactly how a short squeeze works. The net result is sell low first, then afterwards buy high.

This failed bear strategy differs from the more commonly understood failed bull strategy of buy high first, then afterwards sell low in the order of the transactions, but not in the losses produced. 

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 07:16:33 AM

Lol

HAHA, sure. Maybe if we pool together a million worth of new ASICS and spend the next thousand years on it, we may have a 1% chance at it. ;p  *not actual odds. There are people that know the math on it, and I am NOT one of them*

But mayyyyybe the key is the 40th SHA256 of "I'm a pirate 200 years too late!"

sadpandatech

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 07:43:15 AM

Lol

But mayyyyybe the key is the 40th SHA256 of "I'm a pirate 200 years too late!"

Sad  "I'm a pirate 200 years too late!" = 1mB29Xk1p9EP81nmtHX5KnwYzviw3HTAL

- GA

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 10:49:24 AM

The conspiracy theories are really crappy today.

Silk road doesn't charge for mixing coins.
Silk road doesn't need to borrow a large amount of Bitcoins.
What happened to Ponzi, anyway?

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 11:14:51 AM

Could it be Gox cold storage?

Assuming I got all the times properly in UTC, Pirate first dump happened, and about half an hour later, chunks went out of that address. I also know some part of Gox storage had roughly that size at another time.

Proceedings would be: dump occurs, people who bought want to withdraw, hot wallet runs low, gets manually replenished. Japan is UTC+9, so it would be around noon -- credible that someone is there to balance out the wallets.

Just a theory. It could also explain why the funds were moved in irregular chunks. Anyway, I can't quite get the timings of some other theories to work out with the dump happening before the address activity.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 11:30:36 AM

Don't worry, all of the balance graphs end at 0.

Ah crap, that made me think pirate withdrew all his 517k BTC and will maybe dump that to fulfill my conspiracy theory from above. Logically I removed my bid at 7.83 USD/BTC last night to place it at 1.23 USD/BTC in order to catch that megadump. Dammed, I could have cought that 10% dump instead!

Well, ok Im going back to square one, but DONT YOU DARE PULL OFF THAT CRAZY DUMP RIGHT NOW!!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: