Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:57:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM  (Read 85657 times)
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:57:38 AM

Aliens could have used special technology to simply append them to the block chain too. 

You can not always prove a negative, but as no ASIC's have been seen in the wild I doubt that they have been doing 28% of the hashing for 9 months.

You're probably right. Still, if you'd invented a money tree, would you sell the seeds?

Only if selling the seeds got me more money than I could make off the trees.

Sell the seeds, buy gold. ('cause the money's gonna be worthless when that next crop comes in)

Which would make even more sense if ASIC devs were the ones now selling coins, before they obliterate the market by releasing them.

I'm bullish, but sometimes I wonder if I should just shut my mouth...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 06:09:27 AM

Which would make even more sense if ASIC devs were the ones now selling coins, before they obliterate the market by releasing them.

I'm bullish, but sometimes I wonder if I should just shut my mouth...

Relax. Worst case scenario, difficulty goes up. Hardly the end of Bitcoin.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
nazgulnarsil

Activity: 672
Merit: 258

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 06:45:15 AM

Hey guys I've been away from bitcoin for approx 1 year (was a GPU miner before that).  Is there a thread explaining all this pirate stuff?  I have no idea what's going on.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
VelvetLeaf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 06:53:27 AM

Hey guys I've been away from bitcoin for approx 1 year (was a GPU miner before that).  Is there a thread explaining all this pirate stuff?  I have no idea what's going on.

Pirate used to offer 7% interest / week, now that it's closing down there's not much incentive to buy bitcoin as a way to get 28% interest / month

BTC : 1GN81dxzxyFPQsyAtdocXr5S9Mcg4wcfFG
LTC : LgmYvXsYXc4xdjsMKXJWqtagxVvioK6iaw
FC : 6dpSnKMtttUUYzaRu1EB7Lu18PBRVHU3V7
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 06:54:24 AM

Hey guys I've been away from bitcoin for approx 1 year (was a GPU miner before that).  Is there a thread explaining all this pirate stuff?  I have no idea what's going on.

The details are scattered everywhere, but the basic run down is that Pirateat40 created this thing, that he calls Bitcoin Savings and Trust. He accepts deposits, and was originally offering up to 7% weekly interest. He now has control of a significant percentage of the world's Bitcoin supply, and has announced that starting Monday, he will be shutting down business and returning the investments, along with any owed interest. It is speculated that:

He is (was) running a Ponzi.
He is (was) running a money laundering scheme.
He is (was) running a legit investment scheme to allow big players to enter the market without drastically distorting it.
He will be returning all the money come monday, and everyone will end up happy.
He will be (and indeed may already have started) running off with all the money, and nobody ends up happy.

Among other things. Basically, Grab some popcorn, you've come back at the right time.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
bitfoo
Donator

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 07:02:46 AM

Hey guys I've been away from bitcoin for approx 1 year (was a GPU miner before that).  Is there a thread explaining all this pirate stuff?  I have no idea what's going on.

Wow, good luck. These days I find it hard to catch up after even a day of being away.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 07:11:51 AM

The details are scattered everywhere, but the basic run down is that Pirateat40 created this thing, that he calls Bitcoin Savings and Trust. He accepts deposits, and was originally offering up to 7% weekly interest. He now has control of a significant percentage of the world's Bitcoin supply, and has announced that starting Monday, he will be shutting down business and returning the investments, along with any owed interest. It is speculated that:

He is (was) running a legit investment scheme to allow big players to enter the market without drastically distorting it.
He will be (and indeed may already have started) running off with all the money, and nobody ends up happy.

Among other things. Basically, Grab some popcorn, you've come back at the right time.

Except for Pirate, of course.
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 07:13:10 AM

He probably will be paranoid and worried of being caught from stealing that much $, so he may not be happy either lol
nazgulnarsil

Activity: 672
Merit: 258

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 07:13:59 AM

HAHAHAHA oh WOW.  This is indeed funny.  Caveat emptor indeed in the wild west of a new economy. Thanks for taking the time to explain things.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 07:17:39 AM

Thanks for taking the time to explain things.

He's famous for that. Thanks from me too.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 07:19:23 AM

True. I thought about changing that, but by the time I realized, it was too late, so, meh.
(view image for full size)

HAHAHAHA oh WOW.  This is indeed funny.  Caveat emptor indeed in the wild west of a new economy. Thanks for taking the time to explain things.

No problem. Like I said, It's a fun time to be watching from the sidelines.

He's famous for that. Thanks from me too.

Smiley

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:57:39 AM

(view image for full size)

Wow, awesome pic!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 12:06:29 PM

Can't claim it, got it off the "Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is" thread, but it neatly sums up my estimation of tomorrow's events, so I blatantly stole it for use here. Wink

runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 04:56:36 PM

Wrong. It costed a big fat zero.
The 0.01022427 value is the change lol
https://blockchain.info/tx-index/16394734/d2f25503cf1ddf56c65635d449b17c72c32e696cd7f4fca1aeb94392675f19ba
Fees    0 BTC
Or maybe he sent 0.01022427 BTC and 100,000 BTC is the change...
salty

Activity: 562

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:12:05 PM

Wrong. It costed a big fat zero.
The 0.01022427 value is the change lol
https://blockchain.info/tx-index/16394734/d2f25503cf1ddf56c65635d449b17c72c32e696cd7f4fca1aeb94392675f19ba
Fees    0 BTC
Or maybe he sent 0.01022427 BTC and 100,000 BTC is the change...

Well that would be a cheap way to try fuelling the dip, wouldn't it!
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:40:31 PM

Lol. I guess it was the perfect bluff.

Use 5k BTC to tear down a wall. Then use 100k BTC to scare the shit out of everybody and make them panic sell. He didn't have to spend a single BTC of the 100k.  Grin

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:45:19 PM

Lol. I guess it was the perfect bluff.

Use 5k BTC to tear down a wall. Then use 100k BTC to scare the shit out of everybody and make them panic sell. He didn't have to spend a single BTC of the 100k.  Grin

Lol at whoever has this address
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:50:52 PM

Is there a way to find out if it was change indeed?
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 05:53:52 PM

It was not.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:58:46 PM

It was not.

https://i.imgur.com/ABseC.png

A sendmany transaction lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: