Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:42:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If BTC goes to $1000 or more, what would you do?  (Read 38343 times)
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:13:47 AM

You compare Bitcoin with a company?
Its a virtual currency! How how long has been the United States Dollar been running?

It isn't a fair comparison though, the USD is one of the most traded currencies financially (it would swallow up Bitcoin in terms of just financial transactions - let alone consumption) and is widely accepted not only in the US but even in other countries for consumption purposes. Bitcoin doesn't have this at all - it isn't used at all as a financial instrument - nor can you buy everything you want with it. Rather than a currency I would still consider Bitcoin to be a commodity - it might become a currency one day but only when it reaches a decent adoption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WyatteLikesCrypto

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Long Live CLAM

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:17:19 AM

Crap my darn pants! A man can only dream  Grin Grin GrinBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:00:08 AM

If I ever hold some Bitcoins then I would consider holding them for now no matter what the price is! Because after 22 years the block reward will be 0.4BTC! Why sell it for Thousand when you can sell it for millions after 22 years (IF BITCOIN STILL EXITS AFTER 22 YEARS)

That is a pretty big assumption, isn't it? How many company 22 years ago still exists today?

Its a virtual currency! How how long has been the United States Dollar been running?

exactly, as long as even one node is running the client bitcoin can't die, but it maybe useless if a thing like this ever happen

but on the other hand, it could always restart again from zero value and reach 1k again, after all it started like that in the beginning
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:18:26 AM

Maybe i will sell half of my bitcoin and buy some golds and goods, and i will use my others part for investment and trading Wink. But i can see, many people will hold it for many years, maybe i will follow their guide. But i still afraid to hold bitcoin for a long time, because the price now is unstable

Altough the price is unstable. One day it will be stable but I guess this is not going in decade but when bitcoin going at that time I am sure bitcoin price sure raise higher than before so if you want to get some profit, wait for a longer time and try to be patient just for a while
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:56:21 AM

Maybe i will sell half of my bitcoin and buy some golds and goods, and i will use my others part for investment and trading Wink. But i can see, many people will hold it for many years, maybe i will follow their guide. But i still afraid to hold bitcoin for a long time, because the price now is unstable

Altough the price is unstable. One day it will be stable but I guess this is not going in decade but when bitcoin going at that time I am sure bitcoin price sure raise higher than before so if you want to get some profit, wait for a longer time and try to be patient just for a while

Long time ago, i have same think like you. Im sure one day bitcoin price will stable price but now im try to realistic because you see price bitcoin now its like no hope. Price $10 need time 2-4 week, but when down onlu need 10 minute  Cry
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:14:19 AM

$1000 would be a tough barrier to break through. It it hit $1000, I'd definately sell. It might go higher, but I doubt that it would go much higher.

The same tough barrier that was in November / December 2013?

The same was also said when bitcoin was about to reach dollar parity. (1 bitcoin = $1).

You never know what the future holds or what will happen in bitcoinland.

There's a big difference between a $15 billion market cap and a $5 million one. Reaching $5 million is almost trivial. My old landlord who drove a '92 Ford probably had that much money stashed in his bank account. Reaching $15 billion on the other hand isn't quite so trivial. $15 billion is the kind of money that gets your name listed on the Fortune 500 and your face printed on its cover. It's the stuff that 99% of tech companies in Silicon Valley can only dream about but never achieve. For Bitcoin to have even achieved something even close to this figure in such a short length of time is an amazing accomplishment in itself.

lets see 52 BTC .... would be 52K usd

i have 1700 LTC lets say that is linked to btc and goes up to say 5 bucks from todays price so around say   8.5K

or about 60k ..yeah ......i'd walk around with a btc woodie for  week at least!

not sure if that qualifies as what would i do..but still likely true!

When Bitcoin went over $1,000, Litecoin actually went up to $48. Litecoin tends to rise and drop more dramatically than Bitcoin but otherwise usually follows the BTC price trend pretty closely. At ~$50 per coin, your 1,700 LTC would be worth $85,000.

Maybe cashout. I don't think I want to go through another crash like it was last year. Too much to lose.

you can also sell a part of your coins to get back your initial investment and keep the profit in btc. which means you will not face any risk.

Sorry to break it to you but losing $1,000 is losing $1,000 even if it just means you lost the opportunity to have $1,000 more than you would have currently. It might not "feel" the same but it's the same loss in terms of worth/value.

Maybe cashout. I don't think I want to go through another crash like it was last year. Too much to lose.

It would only intelligent enough to cash out only if you are 100% certain that you are holding on a bubble thats about to burst. Next time that we hit 1k, we'll know a fact: Bitcoin can recover from a mega crash and hit ATH twice. Once you sell, there will be most likely a small correction back to 700's territory, then continue towards unseen higher prices. It's a big risk to abandon ship at the next 1K peak.

Actually it would be the fourth time it happened. It hit $33 in June 2011 then crashed before eventually re-reaching it and then rising far above it. The next peak was at $265 which it surpassed after a few months. The third peak was at $1,200 which happened on November 2013. The next time it rises above this price, it would be the fourth time that it recovered from a crash and hit its previous ATH (or possibly the fifth if you count the time it reached dollar parity in early 2011 and then tumbled all the way back down to cents again).

And during the last ATH, it did crash back down to the $700's-900's but instead of going up and up, it just went down and down. Cry

It's also possible that we might never "see" $1,200 at all because the rise could happen so quickly that we might not really notice it. I think this has been the case a few times in the past as well.

If btc goes to 1000, many here can retire or use it to fund or build more bitcoin businesses.

This is the key and along the lines of what I have planned, I would sell at least half of my coins and then start up a business that is well over due in the crypto scene. So yeh OP we go to $1000 I sell a nice chunk but that is not me out the game, I would be back to make more within a month.

The barrier towards entry in the tech space is quite low. Massive businesses have started with just a few lines of code, a domain name, a server, and (above all) a good idea. Having a massive amount of money would definitely help but it's not essential.

If btc goes to 1000, many here can retire or use it to fund or build more bitcoin businesses.
Bitcoin goes to 1000 usd soon i can turn my 550gh knc jupiter from 2013 back on ...yea!

Except then others would try to get into mining as well, thus increasing the network difficulty and making them unprofitable again.

It would only intelligent enough to cash out only if you are 100% certain that you are holding on a bubble thats about to burst. Next time that we hit 1k, we'll know a fact: Bitcoin can recover from a mega crash and hit ATH twice. Once you sell, there will be most likely a small correction back to 700's territory, then continue towards unseen higher prices. It's a big risk to abandon ship at the next 1K peak.

Good point actually, but I'm thinking after that. If it were to crash again, all you would see is people bitching about how their investment portfolio has fallen apart. On a totally the other end of the spectrum, you would see people buying Bitcoin in bulk in hopes it bounces back The Bitcoin community in my honest opinion can be quite fragile at times. When the price went below 200 people were freaking out. People don't seem to be so into the whole "bitcoin scene" when the price isn't up. I can only imagine what it would look like after another crash.

Some people are doing that right now. Many people have been doing exactly that throughout all of 2014 as well.

People were freaking out when the price went under $400 but they became used to it. Then people were freaking out when the price went under $300 but they became used to it. If the price goes under $200 and stays there (as opposed to merely experiencing a temporary dip like it did earlier this year), a lot of people will freak out initially but eventually we'll all just get used to it again like we did many times before.

It's not that unstable. If there were 2.1 billion total coins, the price today would be $2.20 per coin. Over the past several months, its trading range would have been $2-$3 per coin. Back when the real Bitcoin was trading at these levels, it was actually more volatile and unstable.

If I ever hold some Bitcoins then I would consider holding them for now no matter what the price is! Because after 22 years the block reward will be 0.4BTC! Why sell it for Thousand when you can sell it for millions after 22 years (IF BITCOIN STILL EXITS AFTER 22 YEARS)

That is a pretty big assumption, isn't it? How many company 22 years ago still exists today?

Not the best comparision. Some companies like IBM, Ford, and Kellogg's have been running for over a century. Some currencies like the Hungarian Pengo and German Papiermark lasted only a few years before collapsing.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:30:35 AM

Long time ago, i have same think like you. Im sure one day bitcoin price will stable price but now im try to realistic because you see price bitcoin now its like no hope. Price $10 need time 2-4 week, but when down onlu need 10 minute  Cry

Lets say that it never stable but at least the price still rise and rise so with this kind of unstable thing we can earn some. Both of it will stable or not, we still can get some profit from it so it will be nothing to lose
afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:43:56 PM

Lets say that it never stable but at least the price still rise and rise so with this kind of unstable thing we can earn some. Both of it will stable or not, we still can get some profit from it so it will be nothing to lose
I always hope that bitcoin value will increase. Now i'm saving my bitcoin, but when its value down to under $150, i will sold all of my bitcoin to USD and wait until its value increase again. I do it to prevent from a huge lose
peeveepee

Activity: 211

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:21:54 PM

Retire in Hawaii if btc hit 1000.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:25:25 PM

I always hope that bitcoin value will increase. Now i'm saving my bitcoin, but when its value down to under $150, i will sold all of my bitcoin to USD and wait until its value increase again. I do it to prevent from a huge lose

The price of bitcoin surely raise and it wont go under $150 because our bitcoin is going to be mainstream so people will use it. This is one of the best digital payment and the safest in this world I dont think it will going back to $150
louise123

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:43:30 PM

If it got to $1000 I would get excited, the wait till it gets to $5000 and sell a few.
Then wait and see what happens next.
It will either drop, which means I can get them back cheaper, or it will go higher so my remaining coins are more valuable  Grin

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:50:42 PM

Bitcoin's miner reward wil be 0.4 BTC in the next 22 years! Might be some other altcoins might take the market till then! Better use altcoin section more frequently so that you can say "I was an early miner" in the future with proudness Grin

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:53:03 PM

Bitcoin's miner reward wil be 0.4 BTC in the next 22 years! Might be some other altcoins might take the market till then! Better use altcoin section more frequently so that you can say "I was an early miner" in the future with proudness Grin

The more the alt thing drags on, the more worthless and bent the whole scene appears to be. Anyone fresh to crypto now has about a billion pages of dirt to draw on.

There are good ones out there but they're lost in a sea of junk. An awful lot of people have been burned.
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:12:46 PM

The price of bitcoin surely raise and it wont go under $150 because our bitcoin is going to be mainstream so people will use it. This is one of the best digital payment and the safest in this world I dont think it will going back to $150

agreed with you i too don't think the price will go back to under $150, as bitcoin getting more big merchant and adoption, at the moment public awerness is rising to use it as safest and fastest payment method. the future about it very bright.
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:22:40 PM

Has absolutely nothing to do with the question though does it?

Nobody asked what would you do if another coin takes the market by then! Now you could have answered if bitcoin goes to $1000 I will sell enough to by some miners and then wade threw the garbage to find the next big crypto with my newly found profit from selling bitcoin at $1000.

You keep bumping your post count with meaningless posts you will have an unhappy day Smiley

To answer the question OP I will be selling a fair few of my coins if we get going on the way to $1000 but so many are also going to be dumping at that price just hope I can get in sooner so then rebuy on the dip that will happen.
afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:52:36 PM

agreed with you i too don't think the price will go back to under $150, as bitcoin getting more big merchant and adoption, at the moment public awerness is rising to use it as safest and fastest payment method. the future about it very bright.
Thanks for your advice, if big merchants adopt bitcoin as their optional payment method, maybe i will hold more bitcoin as it's safer than i hold FIAT money. I hope bitcoin can up to $1000 again like the past, so many people will hold bitcoin and the price will go higher. I hope government accept bitcoin as an optional investment, so investor will invest their money in bitcoin to make bitcoin value more stable than now.
WyatteLikesCrypto

Activity: 162

Long Live CLAM

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 03:54:59 PM

Thanks for your advice, if big merchants adopt bitcoin as their optional payment method, maybe i will hold more bitcoin as it's safer than i hold FIAT money. I hope bitcoin can up to $1000 again like the past, so many people will hold bitcoin and the price will go higher. I hope government accept bitcoin as an optional investment, so investor will invest their money in bitcoin to make bitcoin value more stable than now.
My dreams big merchants start accepting, that'd be awesome!

crackedupp

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:56:27 PM

I dont really own bitcoin. But I plan to buy some now Smiley
If I have boughten 10 BTc for 2000$ and the price went up to 1000$ per Bitcoin, I will sell them and get 5x profit! Grin
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:18:49 PM

If I have boughten 10 BTc for 2000$ and the price went up to 1000$ per Bitcoin, I will sell them and get 5x profit! Grin

Hmmm.. You mean $200 right?  Roll Eyes

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:27:05 PM

Hmmm.. You mean $200 right?  Roll Eyes
I love his logic - buy high, sell low Cheesy

Anyway, there are people holding thousands of coins and hoping for the same outcome, which will make it extremely hard for small fish like us to profit.
They'll be dumping all the way to $1000.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: