Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:58:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SUP] Supcoin, PLUCK algorithm, Just Launched, Mine Now!  (Read 62186 times)
oz_miner

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 08:42:40 AM

Looking at the hash on Suprnova, I see the top 15 > 12KH/s. This is on one pool so there might be other farms doing just solo. This pretty much shows that after the first few hours the coin is already out of reach of CPU mining. The GPU's have taken over in order to get that kind of hash. Unless of course you setup CPUs on 30 PCs running on this but that would not be feasible energy wise.

Anyways, at least I got about 4 coins right at the start and now just dust. Ill leave the mix of CPUs on it for a few days for another coin or two and then shut the CPU miners down.

There probably is some data to get out of this test, but so far the prima facie similarities with monero and all those other X coins are striking. When I left those coins way back they were all text based. What I like about Sup though is the nice graphical wallet and I can see a lot of hard work went into it. There were also excellent work done on the pools to have everything work so smoothly. I am super impressed by the pools especially with Suprnova. I am just disappointed with effort that went into getting GPU miners working before the launch as it took the CPUs out way too early. The distribution of the coins will be very narrow to the GPU miners which is a pity as broad based distribution (BBD) is a key factor to reduce the risk of a coin being manipulated or being dumped on by some unscrupulous miners. I think the hash rates are supporting my concerns and disappointment and indicative of an BBD opportunity missed. I will keep watching it though and look for opportunities in the markets once listed.

Lets hope that his next coin is released in a manner that is fair to all. This was supposed to be a test before the BIG one - hopefully lessons will be learned. When the scabs sell cheap i'll buy if the coin shows promise
kitaco

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:23:52 AM

Looking at the hash on Suprnova, I see the top 15 > 12KH/s. This is on one pool so there might be other farms doing just solo. This pretty much shows that after the first few hours the coin is already out of reach of CPU mining. The GPU's have taken over in order to get that kind of hash. Unless of course you setup CPUs on 30 PCs running on this but that would not be feasible energy wise.

Anyways, at least I got about 4 coins right at the start and now just dust. Ill leave the mix of CPUs on it for a few days for another coin or two and then shut the CPU miners down.

There probably is some data to get out of this test, but so far the prima facie similarities with monero and all those other X coins are striking. When I left those coins way back they were all text based. What I like about Sup though is the nice graphical wallet and I can see a lot of hard work went into it. There were also excellent work done on the pools to have everything work so smoothly. I am super impressed by the pools especially with Suprnova. I am just disappointed with effort that went into getting GPU miners working before the launch as it took the CPUs out way too early. The distribution of the coins will be very narrow to the GPU miners which is a pity as broad based distribution (BBD) is a key factor to reduce the risk of a coin being manipulated or being dumped on by some unscrupulous miners. I think the hash rates are supporting my concerns and disappointment and indicative of an BBD opportunity missed. I will keep watching it though and look for opportunities in the markets once listed.

Lets hope that his next coin is released in a manner that is fair to all. This was supposed to be a test before the BIG one - hopefully lessons will be learned. When the scabs sell cheap i'll buy if the coin shows promise

"Life Isn't Fair" -Kiely

@cryptokiely // Donate! - BTC: 1kie1ykRUjxpMH5fAqLWigdtbLCyrMK9k // VRC: VEriKiEfZ9CwVs6GVGLbuBdEJxR2F7CJLq
NightShade00013

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:33:54 AM

I doubt anything will stay 100% cpu at this point in the game.  Someone is either going to write the code to use a gpu or eventually ASIC's will come about through some form of manipulation to run the game.  The only two major problems I am seeing at this point is that only the Nvidia GPU miner was available at the beginning which forces a good chunk of people like me to be stuck running CPU only and the Majority of people hopped on the Suprnova pool rather than spreading the hash out to the other two that are available on the main page.  Right now the advertised has for Suprnova is around 600Kh while the others are at around 8Kh and 3Kh.  With 215 workers on the Suprnova pool that equals about 3Kh per user average even if the top 20 are running GPU at 10 to 15Kh that leaves a lot of others still running cpu.

All I have to say otherwise is look a the other available pools and SPREAD THE HASH people.
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:51:15 AM

how much kh/s does a top of the line nvidia get?

is there a known AMD miner?

I get 0.83 on my 2600k@ 4.4 ghz and 0.91 on my 1090t @3.8 Ghz Grin

That THUBAN is a monster (on anything without AES that is), AMD you are unforgivable with bulldozer & co....
scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1694

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 09:51:52 AM

Thats so nice , almost all the miners ar on suprnova , suprnova has like 98% from the nethash and the miners still go on suprnova , there 2 more pools where you can spread the hash coinminers and hardcoreminers , so what is the problem with other 2 pools that the miners dont want to put some hash on it .

joehoebot

Activity: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:08:06 AM

i are mining  Grin

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:10:00 AM

I doubt anything will stay 100% cpu at this point in the game.  Someone is either going to write the code to use a gpu or eventually ASIC's will come about through some form of manipulation to run the game.  The only two major problems I am seeing at this point is that only the Nvidia GPU miner was available at the beginning which forces a good chunk of people like me to be stuck running CPU only and the Majority of people hopped on the Suprnova pool rather than spreading the hash out to the other two that are available on the main page.  Right now the advertised has for Suprnova is around 600Kh while the others are at around 8Kh and 3Kh.  With 215 workers on the Suprnova pool that equals about 3Kh per user average even if the top 20 are running GPU at 10 to 15Kh that leaves a lot of others still running cpu.

All I have to say otherwise is look a the other available pools and SPREAD THE HASH people.

CPUs are terrible at parallelization compared to GPUs so it's expected that virtually every hashing algorithm is better suited for GPUs. It's like running physics on CPU vs GPU.

Not your keys, not your coins!
joehoebot

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:15:24 AM

is there a compiled ccminer for this?

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
vandao

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:52:39 AM

Mining on supernova
chris190
Legendary

Activity: 1059

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:14:20 PM

I can not deposit supcoin on cryptNZ.com, the address is wrong. How do I?  Huh

▄▄
                 ████▄
                 ██████▄
                 ███ ▀███▄
         ▄████▄▄ ███   ▀███▄
       ▄████████████▄    ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ███▀▀▀██████▄▄  ███
   ▄███▀  ███    ███ ▀▀███████
 ▄███▀    ███    ███     ▀███
████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████   █████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀████
        ███▄     ███    ███    ▄███▀
       ███████▄▄ ███    ███  ▄███▀
       ███  ▀▀██████▄▄▄███ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄    ▀████████████▀
         ▀███▄   ███ ▀▀████▀
           ▀███▄ ███
             ▀██████
               ▀████
                 ▀▀
4NEW
███
███  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █
███
THE WORLD'S FIRST TANGIBLE WASTE TO ENERGY BLOCKCHAIN
✥     ANN Thread     ✥     Whitepaper     ✥     Facebook     ✥     Twitter     ✥     Telegram     ✥

███
    █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
    █  ███
        ███

███
                                ███
                                ███
                        ███  ███
                        ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
        ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
caex

Activity: 824
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:19:37 PM

are not test coins?
caex

Activity: 824
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:22:19 PM

are not test coins?

No; the coin has been released for 8 hours now.
thanks wolfo  i are mining  Grin Grin
chris190
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:24:11 PM

You're running the wallet on testnet...

thanks Wink

▄▄
                 ████▄
                 ██████▄
                 ███ ▀███▄
         ▄████▄▄ ███   ▀███▄
       ▄████████████▄    ▀███▄
       ▀███▄    ▀████████████▀
         ▀███▄   ███ ▀▀████▀
           ▀███▄ ███
             ▀██████
               ▀████
                 ▀▀
4NEW
███
███  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █
███
✥     ANN Thread     ✥     Whitepaper     ✥     Facebook     ✥     Twitter     ✥     Telegram     ✥

███
    █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
    █  ███
        ███

███
                                ███
                                ███
                        ███  ███
                        ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
        ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
joehoebot

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:26:36 PM

Grin Grin Grin

chris190
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:27:28 PM

I can not deposit supcoin on cryptNZ.com, the address is wrong. How do I?  Huh

how do I transfer the coin from testnet to qt-wallet?

▄▄
                 ████▄
                 ██████▄
                 ███ ▀███▄
         ▄████▄▄ ███   ▀███▄
       ▄████████████▄    ▀███▄
       ▀███▄    ▀████████████▀
         ▀███▄   ███ ▀▀████▀
           ▀███▄ ███
             ▀██████
               ▀████
                 ▀▀
4NEW
███
███  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █  █
███  █
███

███
    █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
█  █  ███
    █  ███
        ███

███
                                ███
                                ███
                        ███  ███
                        ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
                ███  ███  ███
        ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███  ███  ███
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:08:56 PM

only got 0.66khs with fx6300 @3,5ghz no oc, 0.85khs @4,5ghz oc(my board mosfet get 100c)damn,switch to default clock again Cry
when realese amd gpuminer Cry

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Arux

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:11:28 PM

Wink

dimez

Activity: 239

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:27:24 PM

only got 0.66khs with fx6300 @3,5ghz no oc, 0.85khs @4,5ghz oc(my board mosfet get 100c)damn,switch to default clock again Cry
when realese amd gpuminer Cry

we only rent miner on nvidia Cry

saafon

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:32:01 PM

a horrible exchange of cryptNZ.com. there is no way to cancel the order Undecided

newstb

Activity: 180
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:57:08 PM

Small blogpost about Supcoin
http://dogeblogi.blogspot.fi/2015/02/supcoin_20.html

Donates:
LfM8GvoALp8ZvAxsphyXPQFZtW5QMs7ACY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: