Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:21:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ♦♦♦♦♦♦[ANN]♦♦MTR♦♦MasterTraderCoin♦♦10.4m♦♦TOSHIDESK LLC♦♦ETNA Partnership♦♦♦♦♦♦  (Read 229727 times)
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:35:29 AM

49 POW blocks left.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mastertrader777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:42:14 AM

Yes it is official! Phase 2 distribution has just been finalized. Phase 1 and 2 Distribution is now complete!

Congratulations on your successful coin launch!  Earning a spot as the 4th largest coin by market cap on https://chainz.cryptoid.info is an unbelievable accomplishment.  I hope your team can keep the ball rolling and maintain your enthusiasm.

If there are no objections, I will release 70% of BTC raised as per the agreement and continue holding the remaining 30% (10.88 BTC) in escrow until the required goals have been met.

Thank you Og.

Going to stay humble and focused while we hammer out the task at hand, and that is to bring a Social Trading Platform for traders and crypto enthusiast. Crypto needs this, and I think people are starting to realize that. My team is dedicated to success and we are determined to keep things ahead of schedule.

Thanks for providing an excellent escrow service and helping me as much as you have so far.

Looking forward to working together more.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124

K-ing®

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:44:33 AM

Maybe someone know cost of POW mining 10000 MTR's

I'm staking.....

137 blocks remaining in POW phase

(blocks from 2-100 were with prize 0)

IOTA
healthandwealth

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:11:10 AM

Yes it is official! Phase 2 distribution has just been finalized. Phase 1 and 2 Distribution is now complete!

Congratulations on your successful coin launch!  Earning a spot as the 4th largest coin by market cap on https://chainz.cryptoid.info is an unbelievable accomplishment.  I hope your team can keep the ball rolling and maintain your enthusiasm.

If there are no objections, I will release 70% of BTC raised as per the agreement and continue holding the remaining 30% (10.88 BTC) in escrow until the required goals have been met.

#4 is pretty impressive.  this coin has serious potential.  whether or not it is fully realized, who knows.  i'm no fortune teller...but i will say:  anything that can happen, will happen.  HODL!  i won't be selling a dime for quite a while (at least until ToshiDesk comes online so I can tip people).  i'm a TA geek and spend a load of time on Tradingview.  Another platform with tipping built in is a good idea.  Valuable technical analysis is like gold.  The idea behind this coin is definitely a worthwhile pursuit.
pinkie31

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:25:21 AM

Coins recieved, thank you.
pinkie31

Activity: 300

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:04:35 AM

Dont know anything re staking, is it important?    i should probably read up...
mastertrader777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:20:31 AM

Dont know anything re staking, is it important?    i should probably read up...

Here is the short, quick, about to pass out on my keyboard terminology for you Grin

Staking is like gaining interest in a savings account, but you're doing it with MTR instead in your personal wallet.

Not only are you staking (earning) 10% a month, but you are providing extra security for the MTR network in doing so.

If someone doesn't clean this up for me by tomorrow morning, I will rewrite this and make it more detailed for you.

Goodnight,

MasterTrader777

PS: JC12345 nailed it for you here.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Step 1 - Install the wallet

1. Download wallet at this link as per the OP https://mega.co.nz/#!c8YijQSY!8yNURZtHvEfDVPFYuMcfcgnzqJ0K7ESi9S6h1HRTSwg
2. Bypass all warnings from your anti-virus and force the file to be downloaded and extracted. If Google Chrome moans use Windows Explorer.  Actually, if you are concerned you can upload the file first to www.virustotal.com to have it analysed for viruses.
3. Extract the file in your download directory to the suggested directory ...\downloads\MasterTrader-qt-win
4. Execute the file called MasterTrader-qt.exe in the directory where it was extracted. A wallet will come up with possibly some error messages. Just close the wallet once it has opened and open it again.
5. In the case of MasterTrader the nodes are picked up by the wallet and you do not have to specify anything in a .conf file.

Step 2 - Download the blockchain

1. The opened wallet will connect to the network. You will see a message that the wallet is out of sync and it will start downloading and processing the blockchain. Blocks are records of transactions (coins sent from one address to another) that have been verified by the network. You can consider it a public ledger of a bunch of transactions. As the wallet processes the blocks and follow the trail of the money, you will see the number of blocks increasing up to the current block. This process can take 30min to 1 hour depending on how many transactions are in the blocks so far in the coin's life. (The proper Bitcoin wallet can take a week to download and process all the blocks). To watch the process you can select Help at the top, then Debug Window and then Information. The current block count is in the middle of the window. The blocks will increase as the wallet downloads and processes the blocks until it is current. Once the wallet gets to this point, you will see a "correct mark" at the bottom right of the wallet. If you hover over this with your mouse, you will get a popup that the wallet is up to date.

Step 3 - Backup and protect your wallet file

1. The most important file of everything of a coin is the wallet.dat file. Your private keys are stored in this file and is necessary to be able to access coins linked to your public address.  If you lose this file all your coins are gone. The wallet.dat file on a Windows machine is in c:\users\yourusername\appdata\roaming\mastertrader
2. Insert a USB stick into your PC and create a directory called MasterTrader. Go to the directory where your wallet.dat file is and copy the file called wallet.dat to the memory stick into the MasterTrader directory. Rename the file wallet.dat.old
3. Go to your wallet and select Settings at the top and select encrypt. It will ask you for a password that you have to enter twice. Select a difficult password and write it down somewhere safe and remember it. The wallet will close and then open it again. Now your wallet file is encrypted and money cannot be stolen from it without knowing the password.
4. Go back to where your wallet.dat file is and copy the file again to your memory stick. You must now store the memory stick in a safe place like a physical safe. If something ever happens to your wallet file, you can use the backup one. If you want to be extra security, you can encrypt the USB stick with BitLocker and remember the password.

Step 4 - Setup your address for payment and receipt of coins

1. Assuming you have some coins on an exchange, go to the exchange to your MTR balance and select withdraw. Go to your wallet and select the receive coins on the left. Right click and copy the address. Go to the exchange and enter that address in the withdraw address block. Enter just 1 coin in the amount for now. Select withdraw. A popup will come up with the transaction about to happen. Enter your 2FA if it was setup and let it withdraw. Some exchanges also requires a confirmation by clicking on a link in an email.
2. Now you wait and watch your wallet until a popup comes up bottom right that 1 coin has been received. Once this happens, go back to the exchange and withdraw the rest of the balance.
3. If all went well your coins will now be in your wallet on your PC.
4. Go back to the exchange to your MTR balance. Generate an MTR address. Right click and copy that. Go back to your wallet and select Address Book on the left. Create a new address and paste the exchange address there and call it the exchange name.
5. Select "send coins" on the left of your wallet and select the exchange that you just created. This is needed so that you don't have to manually enter the address every time. This is one of the the biggest risks in crypto to send coins to an incorrect address as they will be gone then forever. I wish exchanges would create a facility to traders to create address books on the exchange. Enter 1 coin again and select send. You have to enter your password and agree to the small transaction fee. Watch the exchange to make sure that the 1 coin appears there after a while. You now know that you have a proper two way channel between your wallet and exchange.

Step 5 - Setup your wallet for staking

1. Go back to your wallet. The message at the bottom of the wallet to the left of the up arrow will say "Your wallet is encrypted and currently locked". Next to it will be an up arrow and a message if you hover over it that your wallet is not staking because your wallet is locked (encrypted)
2. Go to the top of your wallet and select Help and then Debug window and then console. In the bottom bar type the following command:
"walletpassphrase yourwalletpassword 99999999 true" if successful you will see this command in green in the console. Now click the little "-" sign to the right of that bar so that it clears the screen. Close the console window.
3. If you hover over area just to the left of the little up arrow it will say "Your wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked"
4. If you hover over the little up arrow at the bottom you see a message "Your wallet is not staking because you do not have mature coins". After 3 hours or so this message will disappear and your coins while be staking. After several stakes you will get to a point where your stake become very small. Once this happens, move your coins to another address (I use another wallet on another PC) and then move it back so that your coin age can reset. Your coins will mature again for 3 hours after which it will start staking again.

Step 6 - General pointers

1. Every time you send money from your wallet somewhere else, your wallet will lock up again. You then have to go back to the console and enter the walletpassphrase like above to unlock it for staking.
2. Every time you hit a stake (verify a block of transactions) also called solve a block, your balance of coins will reduce and move to a different line. For a while it might also disappear until the required number of confirmations have occurred. You can watch the progress in the transactions tab at the top of your wallet. Once the required confirmations have happened, the coins become available again in your wallet and the coins that staked are reset and have to mature for an hour again before they can become eligible for staking again.
3. Sometimes you will see a message popup that you have received a stake amount of coins, but if you go to the transactions tab it is grey with a question mark next to it. This means that your wallet thought it solved the block but actually someone else did so just before you and the network rejected your claim. It is called an orphan block. Ignore those but feel sad for a moment that you did not get those coins.
4. It is possible to create more receiving addresses in your wallet for in case you want to use a unique address for each time you receive money from someone or some place. Every time you add a new receiving address, you have to fetch your USB stick from the safe, rename the wallet.dat file there to wallet.dat.old2,3,4 etc. and copy the new wallet.dat to the USB stick. The only drawback is that if you ever forget your wallet password, all later wallet.dat files will be encrypted and the first unencrypted one will only have your first address in it. You can therefore consider creating 50 or so addresses before you encrypt the wallet.dat file, if you foresee using unique addresses a lot.

The .conf file

This is a file where you can specify parameters that the wallet .exe file can understand when you execute it. You can either run the wallet in the command line and specify the parameters behind the .exe, or you can list them in a .conf file that the wallet reads when it starts.  The typical entries for a .conf file are:
- Setting a daemon and server for solo mining
- Adding nodes for when the wallet does not have them coded into the wallet through either hard codes or DNS seeders
- Adding IP addresses of your miners that will connect to your PC with the wallet on
- Setting up the parameters of the remote procedure calls to enable another computer (miner) to remotely connect top your computer over your network
- Since MTR POW ends tonight there will be no more solo mining and the nodes are picked up by the wallet itself and that is the reason why you don't need a .conf file for MTR.
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:10:57 PM

Hi MTRDevelopers,

I would just like to make a remark on the level of professionalism you have taken your ICO to. I did not expect a private email from you guys regarding ICO information, gratitude, and TX information. This is all professionally done, and I have a good feeling about this coin.

Best,
Adam

Mining since 2014
kubuminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:08:39 PM

Guys coin start PoS?
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:25:13 PM

Guys coin start PoS?

Yes, POS working.
HegelianCattalactics

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:36:56 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 03:43:15 PM by HegelianCattalactics

Help me understand my calculations for Staking.

I don't understand it, or am not doing it right or my premise is wrong.

Staking is 10% (reward) per 30 Day period ?

Then .1/30 x 1000 coins = 3.333 Coins per day /stake per 1000 coins in wallet ... yes?

My figures aren't close to that ... so the stake calculations or methodology must be widely different than my simple understanding.

Looks like it is @ 10% per 365 day period NOT 30 day period? --- Info from MTR appears to be .1/365

The latter seems more logical and sensible.

Help me out here. I'm just heeding what I had been told thus far.
CharlesIss

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:09:29 PM

Really want to hear an explanation of this situation.
mastertrader777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:24:17 PM

Then .1/30 x 1000 coins = 3.333 Coins per day /stake per 1000 coins in wallet ... yes?

My figures aren't close to that ... so the stake calculations or methodology must be widely different than my simple understanding.

Looks like it is @ 10% per 365 day period NOT 30 day period? --- Info from MTR appears to be .1/365

Hello George,

Thanks for your in depth analysis.

I actually appreciate your due diligence.

Allow me to explain the situation

MTR administration has been notified of this, and is currently working on the revamp update of wallet as we speak that should be ready in the coming days

We went back and forth with 10% a month, and 10% a year for weeks, but came to the final decision of 10% a month.

When we rolled out the rebranding of the old wallet, somewhere along the line 10% yearly got coded into new wallet, instead of 10% month.

We are also changing block mature time, in efforts to encourage a better staking percentage.

Block Mature time will be changed from 3 HOURS to 1 HOUR.

MTR administration will have the update finished, compiled, and updated for the community to download by Saturday.

Sorry about any inconvenience, as we are on top of it and should have update completed shortly.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
healthandwealth

Activity: 138

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:55:42 PM

Hello,

Was staking and see that there is an assigned 'Stake Weight' and 'Network Weight'.  What would those numbers mean?  Just curious.
HegelianCattalactics

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:21:18 PM

Hello George,

Thanks for your in depth analysis.

I actually appreciate your due diligence.

Allow me to explain the situation

MTR administration has been notified of this, and is currently working on the revamp update of wallet as we speak that should be ready in the coming days

We went back and forth with 10% a month, and 10% a year for weeks, but came to the final decision of 10% a month.

When we rolled out the rebranding of the old wallet, somewhere along the line 10% yearly got coded into new wallet, instead of 10% month.

We are also changing block mature time, in efforts to encourage a better staking percentage.

Block Mature time will be changed from 3 HOURS to 1 HOUR.

MTR administration will have the update finished, compiled, and updated for the community to download by Saturday.

Sorry about any inconvenience, as we are on top of it and should have update completed shortly.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

SAaaWEEeet! Thanks for the clarity and professionalism. ConfusionBeGone!
I also figured as much but hearing it and handling it and clearing it up is fabulous.

Thanks a bunch Steven ... BTW Very well done launch !
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:33:05 PM

I am reading it.I will consider potential investment
meccoin4me

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Bitcoin is getting bigcoin

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:15:54 PM

also recieved my coins , great work , for now just staking

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155319.0  DELTACREDITS , great coin , great idea behind
CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:22:24 PM

3 hours only 25 confirms! get staking people
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:28:57 PM

So POW is over and it is only POS now.
mastertrader777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:27:10 PM

Hello,

Was staking and see that there is an assigned 'Stake Weight' and 'Network Weight'.  What would those numbers mean?  Just curious.

Proof of Stake (PoS) is a method of securing a cryptocurrency network where users show ownership of coins in order to sign blocks. In the long run, the probability of signing blocks is proportional to the amount of coins owned, that is, someone owning 1% of total coin supply will be able to sign 1% of all proof of stake blocks. Compared to proof of work approach, proof of stake requires significantly less computational power, and thus less energy usage.

The wallet's weight and the total network weight is an estimated average time it should take to successfully sign a block and stake coins. The green Up Arrow icon shows that the wallet is actively staking, while the green Check Mark shows that the wallet is fully synchronized with the Reddcoin Network.

The Network Weight is basically the amount of other coins staking on the network at one time. Your stake weight is the amount of weight on the whole network your wallet holds.

More Weight = More Stake.

Guys we need more people staking.

Please open up your wallets and stake coins by unlocking the wallet, and help the network speed increase by doing so.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: