Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:25:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER.com hacked| 7170 BTC stolen | DON'T KEEP YOUR MONEY ON AN EXCHANGE |  (Read 119666 times)
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:00:44 PM

News about bter : http://cointelegraph.com/news/112278/breaking-bter-hacked-50m-nxt-stolen

It seems also the altcoins were "stolen" .

Breaking: Bter Hacked, 50M NXT Stolen by Ian DeMartino @ 2014-08-15 01:58 PM

Bter had been hacked before (some NXT coins were stolen) and they didn't close. Thus it now appears that they were actually hacked...  Roll Eyes

Oh sorry , I read 15-02  Grin .
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:06:13 PM

OMG it has happened again,every time that bitcoin is in a good way another hack....

I am afraid that bter users are not going to recover their bitcoins

Yes One after another scammer hacking every site. I dont think these are scammer that hacking these site its their own site owner who are hacking the sites. Now i also lost my 3$ in this site  Grin. Its not the point that i only lost my 3$ but the point is How i can safe my BTC when all the site going down every day?

Well, its a matter of statistic, only leave coins on an exchange for those minutes/hours it is needed to exchange, and hope you don't get caught in the middle of a hack.
Else NEVER leave coins at exchanges for longer time.

As I told before a simple use of the multi-Sig "function" could avoid this type of situation (check greenAddress and see how it is easy to use).
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:08:45 PM

News about bter : http://cointelegraph.com/news/112278/breaking-bter-hacked-50m-nxt-stolen

It seems also the altcoins were "stolen" .

Error.

Old news from 2014!
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:11:06 PM

As I told before a simple use of the multi-Sig "function" could avoid this type of situation (check greenAddress and see how it is easy to use).

I think the multi-signature technology has a lot of potential, and I think we will see more of this in the future.
However, I have yet to see any exchange implementing the tech for a trading pair (e.g. BTC-LTC), dunno if it is even possible, but if it is possible, then is it exactly what we need.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:12:09 PM

It is interesting to see how the thieves have nicely distributed the coins into 7 x 1000 BTC addys, and the left overs has gone into a mixer.

I don't see any leftovers going into a mixer. The total sum is split into 1000 BTC chunks ant the balances are still there, in those few wallets... Cool

Looks more like someone is going to extort money from Bter as a free giveaway, as it happened previously with NXT coins (since the thief won't be able to spend that amount of money anyway without risking being caught)

slushee

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:13:24 PM

7170 btc stolen - https://bter.com/

Shit happens
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:24:04 PM

It is interesting to see how the thieves have nicely distributed the coins into 7 x 1000 BTC addys, and the left overs has gone into a mixer.

i don't see any leftovers going into a mixer. The total sum is split into 1000 BTC chunks ant the balances are still there, in those few wallets... Cool

Looks more like someone is going to extort money from Bter as a free giveaway, as it happened previously with NXT coins

Looks like you are right, I am still curious about this transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/28b3009c7ad8898077b348a943a9c5d8187e1e53e85893d17999b9125bbbab10

I wrongly assumed it was being mixed, but looks likes these addies has been used before.

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:26:13 PM

I hope that now a lot of people learned the lesson, never keep your money on an exchange. The unique way could be : these exchange should start to use multiSig "function" (for example with greenAddress) for their cold wallet ( the bter's cold wallet wasn't a real cold wallet  Undecided).
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1654

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:26:55 PM

OMG it has happened again,every time that bitcoin is in a good way another hack....

Yes One after another scammer hacking every site. I dont think these are scammer that hacking these site its their own site owner who are hacking the sites. Now i also lost my 3$ in this site  Grin. Its not the point that i only lost my 3$ but the point is How i can safe my BTC when all the site going down every day?

Well, its a matter of statistic, only leave coins on an exchange for those minutes/hours it is needed to exchange, and hope you don't get caught in the middle of a hack.

What is the greenAddress and where i can get it.?

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:28:22 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=greenAddress

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:29:58 PM

i want to ask a question.  Bter doesnt use "two factor authentication" ? it s really basic security . it asks that 7170 btc will be sent from your address pls write here your authentication code or pls write here your password in the message on your phone. or it hacked completely??
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:30:17 PM

i don't see any leftovers going into a mixer. The total sum is split into 1000 BTC chunks ant the balances are still there, in those few wallets... Cool

Looks more like someone is going to extort money from Bter as a free giveaway, as it happened previously with NXT coins

Looks like you are right, I am still curious about this transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/28b3009c7ad8898077b348a943a9c5d8187e1e53e85893d17999b9125bbbab10

I wrongly assumed it was being mixed, but looks likes these addies has been used before.

I think "720 BTC bounty for chasing it back" is a pretty decent amount of money to get away with stealing 7170 bitcoins from an exchange. Waiting for some undercover "Chink style" deals... Cool

TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:35:22 PM

i want to ask a question.  Bter doesnt use "two factor authentication" ? it s really basic security . it asks that 7170 btc will be sent from your address pls write here your authentication code or pls write here your password in the message on your phone. or it hacked completely??

Nahh, it is a little more complicated than that.

But honestly we do not know, we can only guess.
Only thing that is for sure is that the coins are gone (this is documented in the blockchain).

I believe they got root access, so as far as I am concerned the whole system could be wiped out too.

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:37:25 PM

GreenAddress is the future! I'm very impressed that a lot of people aren't using it. If you want a strong security you should start to use it for "save" your coin.

Here the official thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521988.0
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:38:27 PM

I like the way you changed the Title Redsn0w [Don't keep your money on an exchange] , Pretty good .
But that's the problem , those people who keep their money on Exchanges will just don't care of the little message you just said until the exchangers goes down , one by one and they all got hacked and they lose money .. then maybe and maybe they will start listening . But well they can't blame anyone but themselfs when that time comes.

~ Madness

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:38:36 PM

Sorry for the people who lost funds at BTER. Hopefully in the future, we will have at least 2 or 3 trustworthy exchanges.

irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1654

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:54:24 PM

GreenAddress is the future! I'm very impressed that a lot of people aren't using it. If you want a strong security you should start to use it for "save" your coin.

Here the official thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521988.0

Are you sure we can use greenAddress as a safe wallet?

I like the way you changed the Title Redsn0w [Don't keep your money on an exchange] , Pretty good .
But that's the problem , those people who keep their money on Exchanges will just don't care of the little message you just said until the exchangers goes down , one by one and they all got hacked and they lose money .. then maybe and maybe they will start listening . But well they can't blame anyone but themselfs when that time comes.

~ Madness

Yes redsn0w is good and trusted member here

Thanks redsn0w

Sorry for the people who lost funds at BTER. Hopefully in the future, we will have at least 2 or 3 trustworthy exchanges.

I dont think so we will heve good exchanges. But we will have exchanges where we can exchange our btc or other altcoin. And after exchanging  our money we will have to withdraw them some where else. 

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:57:25 PM

~ Madness

yes, should never leave funds in an exchanger, especially the one that is as shady as bter anyway, alot of exchanger got hacked, or did bter really got "hacked" because they got some issue before from the bitbay ICO, so i guess something could be up the sleeves
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:00:09 PM

7170 btc stolen - https://bter.com/

That is awesome

$ 1,727,970.00 Transaction for only $ 1.33 n fees Smiley wonderful
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:03:46 PM

It's not hacked. They stole your precious BTC's. Don't use shitty exchanges again, there is no excuses for this.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: