Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:02:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER.com hacked| 7170 BTC stolen | DON'T KEEP YOUR MONEY ON AN EXCHANGE |  (Read 119637 times)
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 08:38:54 PM

High time to develop a cryptocurrency specifically suited for trading at exchanges without losing hold of it until the deal is stricken. Is this ever possible if only in theory?
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 09:43:05 PM

High time to develop a cryptocurrency specifically suited for trading at exchanges without losing hold of it until the deal is stricken. Is this ever possible if only in theory?

InstantDEX will launch in beta on Friday. Distributed near-realtime exchange. Should solve a few problems.
Crypto is supposed to be decentralised: that's the point. You don't solve the problems of centralisation by created better centralised exchanges.
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:45:58 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 10:00:08 PM by abyrnes81

They still don't reply to me, I'm very sad and I don't know what should I do.
tee-rex

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 10:03:58 PM

InstantDEX will launch in beta on Friday. Distributed near-realtime exchange. Should solve a few problems.
Crypto is supposed to be decentralised: that's the point. You don't solve the problems of centralisation by created better centralised exchanges.

Thanx for the info. Will certainly try it out when it opens. I hope the orders at such an exchange will be executed as smooth.

The best thing is to forget about the money for the moment.
feryjhie

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:47:55 AM

Will this make the price of bitcoind down ?
slacknation

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:56:09 AM

Another "site has lost" 3'000 bitcoins , here more information : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=959767.0 
(someone from you know the chinese language , it would be interesting translate this document - http://weibo.com/p/1001603811406934850153).

Old BTC theft, from May 2014,but the way hackers did it looks very similar to BTER theft. Unfortunately, BTER site is not at dedicated servers,but on same servers as hundreds of other websites.It made significantly easier for hackers to robbed them.

Would it matter where they host their web services if a cold wallet was compromised that was supposedly not there?

it does, for bter, the private key of the cold wallet was not compromised
the process of transferring bitcoins into hot wallets was compromised so in a sense if you are hosted on a non secure platform, your hot wallet address could be changed to empty your cold wallet
WEBcreator

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 05:35:58 AM

for the moment no, they will put the money in the wallet for a long time, perhaps month, until people forget about this and start moving it to exchanger, moving it now is pretty risky

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
TetraHect0rCannabinol

Activity: 101

Twitter -> @z0rius

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 05:40:47 AM

this sucks, I really liked bter aswell, hopefully they release a report so we can lookout for their fuck up in the future Smiley

*Grabs a bottle of Whiskey* - Its official, Im crazyer than crazy, I Am Hect0r Baby Cheesy
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:47:53 AM

this sucks, I really liked bter aswell, hopefully they release a report so we can lookout for their fuck up in the future Smiley

We are still waiting a "full" report of what is happened that day. I hope they will post it as soon as possible.
tee-rex

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:55:01 AM

We are still waiting a "full" report of what is happened that day. I hope they will post it as soon as possible.

Having witnessed such a blatant disregard and neglect towards their customers this is quite unlikely, even if they return all the money in the end.
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 09:55:26 AM

AFAIK the bitcoind is free, you can download it off the bitcoin site. Wink If they are smart, they sell little by little, over a long time, in many places.

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
tee-rex

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:03:10 AM

AFAIK the bitcoind is free, you can download it off the bitcoin site. Wink If they are smart, they sell little by little, over a long time, in many places.

With an ever increasing probability of being caught finally. And it won't help if they are going to sell the loot in small portions.
Equipment4BTC

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:04:42 AM

Tragic day for anybody with funds on BTER  Angry Hope there was no real big loser who trusted them!

Where are the alt coins any word yet?
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 12:44:46 PM

Tragic day for anybody with funds on BTER  Angry Hope there was no real big loser who trusted them!

Where are the alt coins any word yet?

All altcoin will be given back to the owners
But, for BTC is just impossible Sad

I think they didn't upgrade their security after NXT incident
Nixian

Activity: 81

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 12:48:48 PM

for the moment no, they will put the money in the wallet for a long time, perhaps month, until people forget about this and start moving it to exchanger, moving it now is pretty risky

Already moving it since yesterday , 1 wallet at time 500 a piece , 2 wallets already moved , 5 to go

SimplisticStu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

♥Bitcoin-Ethereum-Ripple♥

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 12:53:57 PM

Has anybody else made a link with wallets that have commented to satoshiDICE?
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:49:07 PM

Thanx for the info. Will certainly try it out when it opens. I hope the orders at such an exchange will be executed as smooth.

Undecided Undecided , but this is not correct. I've lost ~ 3,4 bitcoin on bter.com .
tee-rex

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:10:53 PM

Undecided Undecided , but this is not correct. I've lost ~ 3,4 bitcoin on bter.com .

I'm sure that many people here lost even more, and they also hope to be able to withdraw their money from bter one day. But with the present lack of information it is better to think that the money has been irrevocably lost and gone. Don't work up yourself with unfounded hopes.
WEBcreator

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:53:05 PM

I'm sure that many people here lost even more, and they also hope to be able to withdraw their money from bter one day. But with the present lack of information it is better to think that the money has been irrevocably lost and gone. Don't work up yourself with unfounded hopes.

any full report yet about this?i am very eager to know how the hell did their cold wallet got stolen anyway

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
tee-rex

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 05:00:35 PM

any full report yet about this?i am very eager to know how the hell did their cold wallet got stolen anyway

This is the last thing that they would want to provide given their attitude toward us. We could as well hope that the hacker would decide to share this info.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: