Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:18:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER.com hacked| 7170 BTC stolen | DON'T KEEP YOUR MONEY ON AN EXCHANGE |  (Read 119637 times)
justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:44:50 PM

I never put more than one Bitcoin up there. As soon as I was done trading I zapped the coins off their site and into my wallet.

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Why else would they pay interest. It worked for them. They tricked a lot of people into leaving their money up on their site. Now they run off with the coins claiming a hack. Either that or they were using  deposits to gamble with.   Why else would they pay interest to keep coins on their site?

Vircurex is now also offering interest. Wow! I'm going to get interest! I'm going to get interest! Your going to get ripped off again if you let them. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:03:52 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945881.0
readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:07:39 PM

I never put more than one Bitcoin up there. As soon as I was done trading I zapped the coins off their site and into my wallet.

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Why else would they pay interest. It worked for them. They tricked a lot of people into leaving their money up on their site. Now they run off with the coins claiming a hack. Either that or they were using  deposits to gamble with.   Why else would they pay interest to keep coins on their site?

Vircurex is now also offering interest. Wow! I'm going to get interest! I'm going to get interest! Your going to get ripped off again if you let them. 

Cryptsy is also offering interest, only a tiny amount, but it's the same as Bter and Vircurex. I only started using Cryptsy the Christmas before last so I don't know if its ever been hacked. Has it ever had a hack like the Bter one?
justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:05:23 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 12:20:13 AM by justmyname

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Why else would they pay interest. It worked for them. They tricked a lot of people into leaving their money up on their site. Now they run off with the coins claiming a hack. Either that or they were using  deposits to gamble with.   Why else would they pay interest to keep coins on their site?

Cryptsy is also offering interest, only a tiny amount, but it's the same as Bter and Vircurex. I only started using Cryptsy the Christmas before last so I don't know if its ever been hacked. Has it ever had a hack like the Bter one?

I've never heard of Cryptsy being hacked. Tomorrow they can be hacked, they could have investments go against them, or they could run off with your coins. Don't leave more than you are willing to lose up on their site.

I lost a grand total of .02 Dollars up on the BTER site. Only because I couldn't move it off the site. That's .02 Dollars more than I wanted their greedy yellow hands to steal from me.  

Thou shalt not leave more coins or fiat up on an exchange than thou is willing to lose.

After completing  trades, thou shalt remove all coins from the exchange.

If the coins cannot be withdrawn thou shalt not send any more coins up to the exchange. Until at which time said coins can be withdrawn.  The problem thou is having will be shared on forums all over the web until at which time the coins are returned.

If an exchange offers thou a lower than normal price for buying  coins that  cannot be withdrawn at this time. Turn your back and run. Lest  thou  be turned into a pillar of salt and lose more than thou already has.

If an offer of  interest is made on coins held on an exchange. Remove all coins immediately. They are either insolvent or are trying to get as many coins as possible before they claim a hack. Deceiving thou and others and are planning to pillage as much wealth as possible
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:18:51 AM

Looks like it's going on the right way but a bit lack of communication.
All my best to Bter.

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:51:10 AM

Withholding fiat is a bit more problematic than withholding altcoins  Roll Eyes  I think that is why they first enable fiat withdrawals, but then again, why enable NXT? (simply because they are invested up to their necks in NXT and probably can cover a nice portion of the "stolen" amount by selling NXT)
tersagun

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:52:30 AM

Withholding fiat is a bit more problematic than withholding altcoins  Roll Eyes  I think that is why they first enable fiat withdrawals, but then again, why enable NXT? (simply because they are invested up to their necks in NXT and probably can cover a nice portion of the "stolen" amount by selling NXT)

NXT isn't enabled yet.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:06:23 AM

NXT isn't enabled yet.
Yet, but the plans as they seem are to enable it first after fiat, since they enabled CNY and a few days later the USD..
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:13:05 AM

NXT isn't enabled yet.
Yet, but the plans as they seem are to enable it first after fiat, since they enabled CNY and a few days later the USD..

Maybe before the end of this week they will enable the NXT withdrawals (at least I hope they will do it).
blueshoe

Activity: 277

<space>

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:52:47 AM

i dont want to withdraw my 40 cny. i want that bter is like before and i can buy some altcoins.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:04:46 PM

NXT isn't enabled yet.

Maybe before the end of this week they will enable the NXT withdrawals (at least I hope they will do it).
I am also hoping for this and as they saying they are preparing again for business hope its become true and we have money back
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 12:19:10 PM

One thing is certain, if they handle this situation well (return all the money lost), they will gain much credibility and I would surely stay with them and many other's too - that would be their marketing advantage. Finally, who knows.... maybe they hacked themselves just to show they're able to return the money back. Wink So far, it doesn't seem so bright, I think at least altcoin withdrawal should've been working by now, but they say they want to be certain wallets are safe which has some ground.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:57:26 PM

Ok, I will wait another 2-3 days and I hope they will enable the altcoin's withdrawal. After I will send 1 email per day and wait their reply.
finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:36:00 PM

i dont want to withdraw my 40 cny. i want that bter is like before and i can buy some altcoins.

Maybe still use it, but don't leave your coins on there. So unless it gets hacked in the time frame when you have your coins on there , you should be fine.

readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:43:39 PM

I think they were restricting CNY withdrawals to above a few hundred anyway. They probably would not let you withdraw less than that. I would also like them to go back to the way they were before but I'm doubtful it will happen. They have lost too much money to go back unless someone bails them out.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:57:54 PM

on about selling huh with the problems they had is it even worth buying despite theri problems and making a return id jsut call it a day return funds over tie for customers or find another investor to take over and recover losses

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
virtapayseller666

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 06:22:59 AM

news? deposit is disabled  Huh news? deposit is disabled   Wink news? deposit is disabled   Roll Eyes news? deposit is disabled   Tongue news? deposit is disabled   Undecided news? deposit is disabled   Cry news? deposit is disabled             

wait soon withdraw will also disable

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:48:59 AM

Dear Bter,

sorry to hear about your loss of the 7k btc. I have CNY at your account for which you enabled withdrawals. Unluckily the language description for the fields is only given in chinese, so I do not know if a withdrawal of CNY to an European Bank account, held in Euro is possible. Is it possible?

If not are there other options to withdraw the money or an equivilant in cryptocurrencies? I think a lot of people would be better off if it would be possible to swap cny for crypto or usd.

Thanks for your help.

Dear Sir,
If you have any Chinese bank account, please let me know which bank the account belongs to. I will help you to check if it is a supported bank by bter.

If you do not have any Chinese bank account, please do not worry.
You will be able to convert the CNY into other coins later

Please kindly follow our tweet for the update

Best Regards
BTER.COM

seems they want to reopen the exchange
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 08:58:27 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 09:36:52 AM by tee-rex

Dear Bter,

sorry to hear about your loss of the 7k btc. I have CNY at your account for which you enabled withdrawals. Unluckily the language description for the fields is only given in chinese, so I do not know if a withdrawal of CNY to an European Bank account, held in Euro is possible. Is it possible?

If not are there other options to withdraw the money or an equivilant in cryptocurrencies? I think a lot of people would be better off if it would be possible to swap cny for crypto or usd.

Thanks for your help.

Dear Sir,
If you have any Chinese bank account, please let me know which bank the account belongs to. I will help you to check if it is a supported bank by bter.

If you do not have any Chinese bank account, please do not worry.
You will be able to convert the CNY into other coins later

Please kindly follow our tweet for the update

Best Regards
BTER.COM

seems they want to reopen the exchange

Or just want us to think they are going to reopen the exchange. Time is running out for them.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 11:41:12 AM

I heard they were looking for offers in the region of 2k BTC as that's their annual revenue.
Second-hand info so don't go quoting me. If you're really interested, you could email them asking for a price tag Smiley (which is what the person I got this from did)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: