Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:10:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER.com hacked| 7170 BTC stolen | DON'T KEEP YOUR MONEY ON AN EXCHANGE |  (Read 119666 times)
15Lemon714

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:11:55 AM

I can't still request the withdrawal for all my altcoins, this is very insane. If I will recover all my lost ( a part the bitcoin) I will not use bter anymore (this is sure).

This is not only insane this is a dirty trick by Bter soon we hear from them for the last time...
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:05:10 AM

I can't still request the withdrawal for all my altcoins, this is very insane. If I will recover all my lost ( a part the bitcoin) I will not use bter anymore (this is sure).

This is not only insane this is a dirty trick by Bter soon we hear from them for the last time...

We should only wait the partial refund of all the altcoins, but maybe if someone of you live near the "old bter's office" can check it and if he want also ask the offices near it (maybe they have some information).
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:19:07 AM

We should only wait the partial refund of all the altcoins, but maybe if someone of you live near the "old bter's office" can check it and if he want also ask the offices near it (maybe they have some information).

Bter wanted, dead or alive! As they seem to be on the run, are you going to offer a reward for their heads or intend to track them down yourself?
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:23:04 AM

Bter wanted, dead or alive! As they seem to be on the run, are you going to offer a reward for their heads or intend to track them down yourself?

Why should I give a reward ? I don't live near their office, I'm based in Europe but maybe someone is interested to know more about tho situation (and if he lives near their office he can check).
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:30:45 AM

"With the recent downfall of the popular cryptocurrency exchange BTER, we have began to explore the option of potentially acquiring this now defunct exchange. We believe this approach would allow us to extend both the functionality and the network of BTER to the users of our own platform. Since our inception, we have always envisioned an open marketplace to trade our mining contracts. We believe we can harness BTER’s trade engine and platform to carry out our dream."

https://cointellect.com/news/
tee-rex

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:32:06 AM

Why should I give a reward ? I don't live near their office, I'm based in Europe but maybe someone is interested to know more about tho situation (and if he lives near their office he can check).

If you didn't lose a coin there, you shouldn't of course, but then why should you care in the first place? In this very topic (forgive me if it's not) someone wanted to sell his 6 btc at bter for 4 btc in his wallet, so he was offering sort of a reward. What's wrong with that?
tee-rex

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:35:48 AM

"With the recent downfall of the popular cryptocurrency exchange BTER, we have began to explore the option of potentially acquiring this now defunct exchange. We believe this approach would allow us to extend both the functionality and the network of BTER to the users of our own platform. Since our inception, we have always envisioned an open marketplace to trade our mining contracts. We believe we can harness BTER’s trade engine and platform to carry out our dream."

Cointellect are proven scammers, there are a lot of threads around here in many languages discussing just that. Once there were rumors that they had been laundering stolen dogecoins. And bter has 4.5 billions of doges at the moment (just checked).

This news appears to be rather suspicious, for all it may matter.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:27:26 AM

They have promised to allow withdrawals today, is that correct ?
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:32:49 AM

They did? That's good news  Smiley
tee-rex

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:35:01 AM

No, their twitter (as of yesterday) says that they will enable withdrawals in a week. If they are not telling us fables, we should most likely expect them to open the altcoin withdrawals at the beginning of the next week.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:36:45 AM

What do people see who had BTC on the site ?  Does it just show their balances as zero or does it show something like pending ?
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:37:36 AM

No, their twitter (as of yesterday) says that they will enable withdrawals in a week. If they are not telling fables, we should most likely expect them to open the alt withdrawals at the beginning of the next week.

This ?
"Update" we are working with the security team to reconstruct the background, bit-new website online, security will ensure that all wallets, open virtual currency transactions and cash withdrawal. In order to speed up recovery time and avoid interference with work, we develop new locations in a closed state, company not receiving visitors, please understand. After waiting on the line, you are welcome to visit. RMB accounts withdrawals within 24 hours as usual."
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:36:43 AM

Cointellect are proven scammers, there are a lot of threads around here in many languages discussing just that. Once there were rumors that they had been laundering stolen dogecoins. And bter has 4.5 billions of doges at the moment (just checked).

This news appears to be rather suspicious, for all it may matter.

Realy hope it is just a fake. Cointellect is a ponzy scheme scam service, selling them bter with our funds will means we will never see them again.
Kn_os
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:39:25 AM

No, their twitter (as of yesterday) says that they will enable withdrawals in a week. If they are not telling fables, we should most likely expect them to open the alt withdrawals at the beginning of the next week.

This ?
"Update" we are working with the security team to reconstruct the background, bit-new website online, security will ensure that all wallets, open virtual currency transactions and cash withdrawal. In order to speed up recovery time and avoid interference with work, we develop new locations in a closed state, company not receiving visitors, please understand. After waiting on the line, you are welcome to visit. RMB accounts withdrawals within 24 hours as usual."

It is bad translation there should be "CNY withdraw procced within 24 hours as usual"
tee-rex

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:47:32 AM

This ?

RMB stands for renminbi, of which the Chinese yuan (CNY) is the basic unit of account. The CNY withdrawals (as well as the USD withdrawals) were enabled long ago.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:51:07 AM

This ?

RMB stands for renminbi, of which the Chinese yuan (CNY) is the basic unit of account. The CNY withdrawals (as well as the USD withdrawals) were enabled long ago.

Oh, Thanks for clearing that..  In that case, I guess we'll be waiting a long time until we get access to our funds..  Embarrassed
Kn_os
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:01:35 AM

Oh, Thanks for clearing that..  In that case, I guess we'll be waiting a long time until we get access to our funds..  Embarrassed

They closed office.. they 3th week do not procced withdraw.. You realy still hope they will return funds? What will change in a week? They will either stop posts or will offer another stupid explanation why they can't start withdraw, like them backup broken, or they forgot passwords from cold wallets or them "partners" want to provide audit before buy exchange and it will take another week and so on and so on, they can keep time forever, no way to force them, no way to catch them.
tee-rex

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:11:08 AM

Oh, Thanks for clearing that..  In that case, I guess we'll be waiting a long time until we get access to our funds..  Embarrassed

They closed office.. they 3th week do not procced withdraw.. You realy still hope they will return funds? What will change in a week? They will either stop posts or will offer another stupid explanation why they can't start withdraw, like them backup broken, or they forgot passwords from cold wallets or them "partners" want to provide audit before buy exchange and it will take another week and so on and so on, they can keep time forever, no way to force them, no way to catch them.

While I generally agree that they may just be buying more time for an unknown reason, but what's the purpose of posting twits unless they are really going to open the exchange again? What does it change or earn them since they already have all our money? To keep us busy posting here?
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 09:21:19 AM

While I generally agree that they may just be buying more time for an unknown reason, but what's the purpose of posting twits unless they are really going to open the exchange again? What does it change or earn them since they already have all our money? To keep us busy posting here?

More the time passes less the problems they have, so they're buying time. I'm not optimistic anymore.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
tee-rex

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:29:48 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 09:41:03 AM by tee-rex

More the time passes less the problems they have, so they're buying time. I'm not optimistic anymore.

I don't think that those who can make their life miserable can be easily bought with such tactics. Since they admitted to have closed their office, it seems that these avid avengers already went after them on a retaliating mission.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: