Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:25:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER.com hacked| 7170 BTC stolen | DON'T KEEP YOUR MONEY ON AN EXCHANGE |  (Read 119666 times)
atleticofa_hacked

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:17:38 AM

Why everybody is so unpatient for the altcoins?

Some of us lost a big amount of bitcoins here, so stop complaining about the delay of the whitdrawal of some shitcoins... They are doing what they can, always that I contacted them they answered me.

They have all the altcoins and they will let you whitdraw, so keep calm.

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:52:41 AM

Some of us lost a big amount of bitcoins here, so stop complaining about the delay of the whitdrawal of some shitcoins... They are doing what they can, always that I contacted them they answered me.

Most of us who has altcoins on their exchange also had Bitcoins, so your argument is irrelevant.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:33:34 PM

Do they answered to anybody or posted anything during this 3 days? After they wrote they run from office can't get any responce from bter.

Well not really. I have tweeted to them a couple of times as well, never a response. and I doubt they have ever been active in responding to even customer concerns.
I also send them many emails but they never reply to me and they are asking for patience just like Mintpal which is not good
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:39:05 PM

With every day of delay profits and trading opportunities are lost. Furthermore, when bitcoin is on the rise, the majority of altcoins (which are mostly traded against bitcoin) are decreasing in price, so losses are being accumulated. Personally, I have doges at bter, and since bter had stopped operating, my funds lost more than 10% of their value.
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:42:06 PM

With every day of delay profits and trading opportunities are lost. Furthermore, when bitcoin is on the rise, the majority of altcoins (which are mostly traded against bitcoin) are decreasing in price, so losses are being accumulated. Personally, I have doges at bter, and since bter had stopped operating, my funds lost more than 10% of their value.
I think the same. The longer they are holding on to the alts, the values are changing, and they are causing losses to the people just by that.

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:48:55 PM

+1

Holding my funds for no reason is unforgiven, they allowed fiat withdrawal only to avoid legal actions, but the fact is that altcoins has real money value as well and they are still holding milions(?) of dollars worth of crypto currency.  
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:18:53 PM

+1

Holding my funds for no reason is unforgiven, they allowed fiat withdrawal only to avoid legal actions, but the fact is that altcoins has real money value as well and they are still holding milions(?) of dollars worth of crypto currency.  

Yes , we have discussed about this question and they have allowed for first the FIAT withdrawals only for the purpose of avoid legal problem. Nowe we do not know when they will enable the altcoins withdrawals.
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:27:34 PM

Yes , we have discussed about this question and they have allowed for first the FIAT withdrawals only for the purpose of avoid legal problem. Nowe we do not know when they will enable the altcoins withdrawals.

"If" they will allow withdraw alt coins at all. They bought enough time to run away.
tee-rex

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:47:09 PM

"If" they will allow withdraw alt coins at all. They bought enough time to run away.

It could be said metaphorically that while there is money in the wallets, there is hope. Until they empty the altcoins wallets we can't say with certainty that they stole our money. By the way, their bitcoin hot wallet balance has increased again, and it is now equal to 220 btc.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:24:43 PM

Undecided Will bter be bankrupt? Bter's boss han lin was involved in bitbay scam, he and bitbay team scammed the investors.

I am happy to see han lin lost 7k btc because he scammed people too much money.

What goes around... comes around... LOL   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:26:24 PM

Undecided Will bter be bankrupt? Bter's boss han lin was involved in bitbay scam, he and bitbay team scammed the investors.

What goes around... comes around... LOL   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

It's the customers that suffer from this, not him.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:30:09 PM

Don't know about bankrupt, but they did say they don't have the money to refund ,and can only hope to compensate users through their revenue in future.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:31:56 PM

It's the customers that suffer from this, not him.

Yes because thos 7k bitcoin is (a part) of the bter.com customers and the other part (the internal fees, etc) ot the bter staff. I think all the customers shoudl wait a long time before see back their coins (but this is only a presumption).
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:18:02 PM

They are crooks and that's it. All of this will finish badly. No communication, nothing. We can all see where is this boat headed. Hope I am wrong, but not so sure!!
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 03:49:17 PM

They are crooks and that's it. All of this will finish badly. No communication, nothing. We can all see where is this boat headed. Hope I am wrong, but not so sure!!

The longer it is quiet, the worst it looks.
However, some people have got their crypto back, not just fiat. I don't know how to read that. Why go to the trouble of releasing some Nxt assets - the most valuable ones, too - but not other cryptos (including NXT), if you're going to cut and run?
tee-rex

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:59:19 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 04:12:14 PM by tee-rex

However, some people have got their crypto back, not just fiat. I don't know how to read that. Why go to the trouble of releasing some Nxt assets - the most valuable ones, too - but not other cryptos (including NXT), if you're going to cut and run?

I have already given my thoughts as to why they decided to release some of their nxt assets. In short, when the nxt job had been perpetrated in last August, someone redoubtable showed up on the nxt blockchain with threats directed both at the exchange and the thief. I woudn't be surprised if bter has already payed out some of their altcoins (other than nxt) to most influential of their clients.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 04:32:00 PM

I have already given my thoughts as to why they decided to release some of their nxt assets. In short, when the nxt job had been perpetrated in last August, someone redoubtable showed up on the nxt blockchain with threats directed both at the exchange and the thief. I woudn't be surprised if bter has already payed out some of their altcoins (other than nxt) to most influential of their clients.

Well, if we have wallet addresses it's easy enough to check. I don't find that a particularly convincing explanation, though. If you keep Nxt assets on BTER there's a good chance you keep NXT there too, and that hasn't moved to my knowledge.
tersagun

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:42:11 PM

5 days gone of their "in a week" time table. Not even a single tweet since then.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:46:10 PM

5 days gone of their "in a week" time table. Not even a single tweet since then.

A crypto week = 14 days... what did you expect ?
Nautica

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:47:08 PM

if they go bankrupt, doesn't that mean everybody is screwed whether you're holding btc or alts? because wouldn't they have to liquidate all assets and redistribute among stakeholders?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: