Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:20:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 110806 times)
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:59:24 AM

guys...today price BTC=273$...yupi!! BTC come back to life...step by step Smiley

But it'll probably fall back down once the excitement has calmed down then people will be back proclaiming it to be dead again.

not at the previous point, a price correction is established already, at best we can fall at 250, which is still a good price compared to the last one before the whole greece thing happened

Its always nice at the end of the day to see an appreciation in the price of Bitcoin adoption and the rest aside.
As for the price it does look stable and rising now its just a matter of how long the trend lasts to determine roughly what the moving average and new stable range will become.

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 10:29:40 AM

As for the price it does look stable and rising now its just a matter of how long the trend lasts to determine roughly what the moving average and new stable range will become.

As a matter of facts, the price hasnt stabilized yet and the waves are still ongoing , probably it will last for another 2x24 hours or more before the price actually stabilize itself. It is clearly shown a strong potential to be over $250 by this point even if the price is going to decline and this shown a potential for those who thought BTC is dead based on the price that BTC isnt dead yet ( some people based wether BTC is dead or not on its price, which is an irony )

As for how long this waves gonna last, probably this will keep on lasting until there is a clear green light from the greece about their economic state. Mostly thanks to the Greece situation that most people actually speculate on this and this could be the reason on why the price has been taking a huge step

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:38:40 PM

BCT is not dead, Watch LTC jumping  <$1 to >$7   in less of two months,BTC  could very soon do  the same anytime.
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 09:27:51 AM

BCT is not dead, Watch LTC jumping  <$1 to >$7   in less of two months,BTC  could very soon do  the same anytime.

BTC will not do the same as the market cap is too big. It is not controlled by a few big whales.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 09:42:10 AM

BTC will not do the same as the market cap is too big. It is not controlled by a few big whales.

Well it could still rise a few multiples seeing as it was at 420 only a few months ago and 600 before that
Seeing it regain ground over the same amount of time is not completely out of the question, but perhaps at a slower pace.

Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:54:06 AM

guys...today price BTC=273$...yupi!! BTC come back to life...step by step Smiley

3 days and now the price of 1 btc is 290 $. The fluctuation is working our way, despite how much ltc has been boosting, nobody gives a fuck about it in real life. Nobody buys shit with it, no acceptance, nothing cool about it, just another crypto clone coin shit. All the big whales are controlling it, its just hump and dump for em', people will know soon!
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 02:44:00 PM

short answer no, just a little crisis due to the price being low/many lost huge amount of money because they bought at the peak, taxes being a problem, and other small stuff

just a despair phase that is very long apparently

Thank you  at least some one said it . It is only going through some petty issues for the moment it will not be stuck there forever !  Bitcoin is very alive and it will have a long and healthy life with lots of prosperity ok . So calm down because the phase will be gone
Genesys

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:33:40 PM

short answer no, just a little crisis due to the price being low/many lost huge amount of money because they bought at the peak, taxes being a problem, and other small stuff

Thank you  at least some one said it . It is only going through some petty issues for the moment it will not be stuck there forever !  Bitcoin is very alive and it will have a long and healthy life with lots of prosperity ok . So calm down because the phase will be gone
Woke up today and saw it $10 more then when I went to bed. Whoa! What a jump. Has it jumped that high in less than an 8 hour span before? Not from what I can remember, but I hopped on board the btc train only 10 months ago.
Oscilson

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:46:35 PM

But it'll probably fall back down once the excitement has calmed down then people will be back proclaiming it to be dead again.

People are still excited with bitcoin. The price is over $299 now.
BillyBones

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:36:56 PM

You have posted on March about speculative thoughts about Bitcoin, now the Bitcoin prices gear to higher rates, to be true, we have to look at the Bitcoin as a technology which would help us to resolve our economic structure rather than as instant earnings.
scott btc

Activity: 356

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:24:02 AM

I think it is.

Bitcoin use adoption has stalled. Media interest has dissipated. Prices have only slowly continued to decline for a long time now. Bitcoin securities have always been and still are a complete mess, with a near 100% failure (scam/fraud/incompetence/etc) rate. Mining has been concentrated in the hands of a few giant players, eliminating much of the advantage/security/democracy of thousands of individuals being the money processors. Alternative forms of online payment with US dollars (and other fiat currencies) are now cheaper, faster, and more secure than bitcoin (and of course far more usable to buy/sell real goods/services), eliminating any of its advantages as a payment system. Continued decline of bitcoin and strength in fiat currencies has put the lie to the idea of bitcoin as a store of value; there are far better more reliable hedges against inflation. Meanwhile the real economy is firing on all cylinders, stock markets are at all time highs, corporate earnings are higher than ever, unemployment is low, etc. Even amid the boom, no one cares about bitcoin any more. Bitcoin was a fad that lasted a few years, and is now on its way to being forgotten.

Thoughts? Anyone seriously disagree with this conclusion?
BTC is the first project of it's kind in human history. All these  beginning stage problems will be overcome
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:56:41 AM

Thank you  at least some one said it . It is only going through some petty issues for the moment it will not be stuck there forever !  Bitcoin is very alive and it will have a long and healthy life with lots of prosperity ok . So calm down because the phase will be gone
Woke up today and saw it $10 more then when I went to bed. Whoa! What a jump. Has it jumped that high in less than an 8 hour span before? Not from what I can remember, but I hopped on board the btc train only 10 months ago.

Glad you jumped on the 'btc train' before it left the station too soon, haha. Yes, there have been much faster, much much higher spikes like the 2009 spike. Go search about it, it was the biggest jump for btc and the fastest one too. People who nearly forgot about their little investments became instant millionaires through bitcoins, man. Crazy spike and hope it happens someday soon, so prepped up for it Wink
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 12:48:39 PM

i guess not.

until bitcoin gone rarely seen..

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:24:27 PM

I suggest you guys google Diffusion of innovations or technology adoption curve.  Like really look at it and try to understand it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion_of_innovations

Basically according to this widely applied theory, Bitcoin is only between 0% and 16% adoption.  Between, not 0% and not 16% adoption.

What am I trying to say?  If we are indeed in this phase, then there is still a lot more exponential growth to go.  Conversely there is a lot more volatility to go as well.  Only spend/invest what you are willing to risk.

Typical innovation winners are the Innovators (2.5%) and Early Adopters (13.5%)...we are still innovating and becoming early adopters.

Lastly, I can give you over 4 Billion reasons why Bitcoin is not dead Smiley.

ThEmporium

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 01:33:57 PM

I am just surprised at the fact how come a senior member becomes a doomster of Bitcoin! After viewing you post history, I found you have involved a lot in the bitcoin stock investing. Probably you made some loss so you are despaired of it. In crypto world there are a lot of scams, fraudulence etc. It is fully understood that some ppl encounter it and leave. 
Is there any hard core written law that a Senior member cannot wrote like that, Perhaps he could have gain a lot in previous years now he is going down loss with the experience of Bitcoin, that is his own personal view and conclusion, needless to mention here about the grades such as junior, senior or legend.
Zorrocoin

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:28:20 PM

maybe end of 2015 bitcoin dead Sad

No no no, bitcoin will live and live long for many more years to come. It is just for the moment it is facing  some issues , every  thing has that bad phase. It will fade away .. Bitcoin has only been here since 5 years. I think you and OP should be patient with bitcoin and its amazing benefits.
aniglo

Activity: 209

@OldHiall LuckyBit

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 07:47:42 PM

No no no, bitcoin will live and live long for many more years to come. It is just for the moment it is facing  some issues , every  thing has that bad phase. It will fade away .. Bitcoin has only been here since 5 years. I think you and OP should be patient with bitcoin and its amazing benefits.

yes i think the same
today price 295$... Wink
Oscilson

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:57:40 AM

Unless major flaw is found, bitcoin will live long. If a major is found, bitcoin will resurrect.
rev0lt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:17:29 AM

Unless major flaw is found, bitcoin will live long. If a major is found, bitcoin will resurrect.

Flaws are found every day and they are patched quite fast... I don't think there are any major flaws in this system
Zorrocoin

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:36:01 AM

Not this soon. Bitcoin is just going through some issues that are not so huge to worry about. They will fade away soon. Bitcoin is gonna be here for a long time. Bitcoin has a lot of flaws right now, I agree but it is not long when these problems will be over sooon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: