Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:37:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 110806 times)
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:25:38 AM

Bitcoin is not dead. Bitcoin can't be dead, at least not now. There are so many users selling and buying Bitcoin daily, and there are still new and new people coming to Bitcoin, they are buying and selling too. You can't stop it. I don't believe Bitcoin will crash to $100, but I don't believe Bitcoin will go up to $10000. I will be very glad if the price is stable $1000.

Crashing to 100$ or less wont mean that bitcoin is dead, bitcoin wont be dead unless it stops being used or people stop mining, but we already saw that people wont stop using it just because there is a price drop, it was 1200$ and now it is 300~ and people still use it, more than ever.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:33:54 AM

Bitcoin is not dead. Bitcoin can't be dead, at least not now. There are so many users selling and buying Bitcoin daily, and there are still new and new people coming to Bitcoin, they are buying and selling too. You can't stop it. I don't believe Bitcoin will crash to $100, but I don't believe Bitcoin will go up to $10000. I will be very glad if the price is stable $1000.

Crashing to 100$ or less wont mean that bitcoin is dead, bitcoin wont be dead unless it stops being used or people stop mining, but we already saw that people wont stop using it just because there is a price drop, it was 1200$ and now it is 300~ and people still use it, more than ever.

Because people, same as me, hope for that $1200 price will come again and they can sell their BTC. People are making and holding BTC just to sell it at $1000. Try to find thread about people saying when they would sell their BTC, it's quite interesting thread to read if you are boring and you can see typical signature spammers, trolls and now the important: people with good view on it and with interesting things to say. I can't find it now but I'm sure it's here.
Bardman

Merit: 516

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:49:57 AM

Because people, same as me, hope for that $1200 price will come again and they can sell their BTC. People are making and holding BTC just to sell it at $1000. Try to find thread about people saying when they would sell their BTC, it's quite interesting thread to read if you are boring and you can see typical signature spammers, trolls and now the important: people with good view on it and with interesting things to say. I can't find it now but I'm sure it's here.

Im pretty sure those who would sell at 1000$ or around that number would only do it if the price increases fast enough, let me explain, imagine that in a week from now the price goes to 1000$, a lot of people will sell around that number fearing that the price will go down at any moment and the price will go down most likely, however if the price increases slowly in a period of time of over a year, im sure people wont sell at 1000$ because the price would be stable at that price.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 10:52:20 AM

Im pretty sure those who would sell at 1000$ or around that number would only do it if the price increases fast enough, let me explain, imagine that in a week from now the price goes to 1000$, a lot of people will sell around that number fearing that the price will go down at any moment and the price will go down most likely, however if the price increases slowly in a period of time of over a year, im sure people wont sell at 1000$ because the price would be stable at that price.

This is true. But it depends on a lot of factors and nobody can say it like this. You can be right, or not.. it can be fast, or not..
Nobody knows, if it goes slowly up I won't sell my BTC, because it will go up even more or just stay at it. But if it's fast like in a few days I would definitely sell at least half of my BTC, because it can go down and if no, I have still my another half.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 04:08:16 PM

This is true. But it depends on a lot of factors and nobody can say it like this. You can be right, or not.. it can be fast, or not..
Nobody knows, if it goes slowly up I won't sell my BTC, because it will go up even more or just stay at it. But if it's fast like in a few days I would definitely sell at least half of my BTC, because it can go down and if no, I have still my another half.
Yeah thats right most of users are waiting for that time, when the price of bitcoin goes up. Then they get the opportunity to sell their coins with high price. But that time the chinese market crashed.
stromma44

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:19:20 PM

Yeah thats right most of users are waiting for that time, when the price of bitcoin goes up. Then they get the opportunity to sell their coins with high price. But that time the chinese market crashed.

Yeah we all are waiting that the prices should climb in the coming years so could sell part of it and make some profit out of it. And Bitcoin is neither dead nor dying, If it was dead than there wouldn't be so long discussion here for this long pages and once it hits the mainstream it will create an revolution in the world as internet did.
torrentheaven

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:22:47 PM

Yeah we all are waiting that the prices should climb in the coming years so could sell part of it and make some profit out of it. And Bitcoin is neither dead nor dying, If it was dead than there wouldn't be so long discussion here for this long pages and once it hits the mainstream it will create an revolution in the world as internet did.

It is only dead in the minds of people who are not using it or who are against it. And the government and media has played a major role in the negative publicity of bitcoins. As the society is very much influenced by the media so they just listen what news are published rather then putting their own efforts in understanding the issue.
pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:37:17 PM

I think it is.

Bitcoin use adoption has stalled. Media interest has dissipated. Prices have only slowly continued to decline for a long time now. Bitcoin securities have always been and still are a complete mess, with a near 100% failure (scam/fraud/incompetence/etc) rate. Mining has been concentrated in the hands of a few giant players, eliminating much of the advantage/security/democracy of thousands of individuals being the money processors. Alternative forms of online payment with US dollars (and other fiat currencies) are now cheaper, faster, and more secure than bitcoin (and of course far more usable to buy/sell real goods/services), eliminating any of its advantages as a payment system. Continued decline of bitcoin and strength in fiat currencies has put the lie to the idea of bitcoin as a store of value; there are far better more reliable hedges against inflation. Meanwhile the real economy is firing on all cylinders, stock markets are at all time highs, corporate earnings are higher than ever, unemployment is low, etc. Even amid the boom, no one cares about bitcoin any more. Bitcoin was a fad that lasted a few years, and is now on its way to being forgotten.

Thoughts? Anyone seriously disagree with this conclusion?
[/quote

Bitcoin is a very good thing, and a lot of people support this currency. It is very useful and can serve a lot of people do not believe you would just let this phenomenal thing off.
errornone

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

error

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:51:23 PM

i think this year will be critical..  by the end of this year we will know if bitcoin will rule or if will die.

error
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:08:13 AM

i think this year will be critical..  by the end of this year we will know if bitcoin will rule or if will die.

this year? lol.

I say its critical everyday since the price point always seems to go up and down. But, in general bitcoin has so much VC funded projects I doubt it would die.

Unless its a repeat of a dot com boom.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 01:44:22 AM

It is only dead in the minds of people who are not using it or who are against it. And the government and media has played a major role in the negative publicity of bitcoins. As the society is very much influenced by the media so they just listen what news are published rather then putting their own efforts in understanding the issue.

Most people dont use it for day to day usage which is why I think they see it unpractical cause its super hard.

Theres a cnn article on a guy who does everything on bitcoin for an entire day, and in the end says its not practical. But, it can be useful when people need to move money like a money transmitter.

Dotakels

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:59:16 AM

Yes they can say that bitcoin is dead when its price goes down, but now or last days bitcoin price goes up because chinese stock markets crashed down they can say now bitcoin is still alive. They are not really users of bitcoin they just visit when its price goes up then they forget it.
ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 05:19:53 AM

I think bitcoin is dying for a few reasons.

To hard for the Avg person to get.

To many scams, even trusted BTC companies have turned scam.

Gambling with BTC is great fast deposits and withdrawls, but that is all BTC has over fiat.... Illicit stuff.

The Avg guy also cant mine coins anymore.

BTC needs to have something special over fiat for the "average" person to choose it.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:06:50 AM

i think this year will be critical..  by the end of this year we will know if bitcoin will rule or if will die.

we already know then, because it is rising nicely, a good price correction for every new rise

the true year where bitcoin need to prove itself is 2016 not 2015, with the halving, if by that point bitcoin is stills truggling to reach 300, then you know that something went wrong
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:15:15 AM

I think it is.

Bitcoin use adoption has stalled. Media interest has dissipated. Prices have only slowly continued to decline for a long time now. Bitcoin securities have always been and still are a complete mess, with a near 100% failure (scam/fraud/incompetence/etc) rate. Mining has been concentrated in the hands of a few giant players, eliminating much of the advantage/security/democracy of thousands of individuals being the money processors. Alternative forms of online payment with US dollars (and other fiat currencies) are now cheaper, faster, and more secure than bitcoin (and of course far more usable to buy/sell real goods/services), eliminating any of its advantages as a payment system. Continued decline of bitcoin and strength in fiat currencies has put the lie to the idea of bitcoin as a store of value; there are far better more reliable hedges against inflation. Meanwhile the real economy is firing on all cylinders, stock markets are at all time highs, corporate earnings are higher than ever, unemployment is low, etc. Even amid the boom, no one cares about bitcoin any more. Bitcoin was a fad that lasted a few years, and is now on its way to being forgotten.

Thoughts? Anyone seriously disagree with this conclusion?

Don't agree at all. Maybe there is not the bum of Mt Gox but bitcoin will never die. More than a currency bitcoin is a technology which will disrupt to many things and technologies. This disruption is the most strong warranty that bitcoin will always have a future, Facts that Microsoft, Dell and other giants adopted or are in the way to adopting it are the most evident proof of this.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:34:26 AM

Every investment good works in cycles. We are now close to one long negative cycle. Of course that the interest has vained a bit when prices are going down for a long time.

Just look at the VC fundings. They are breaking all the records this year. Do you think that business people would invest money in Bitcoin if Bitcoin was dying!
apriyani420

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:02:42 PM

bitcoin is not dead and never will be dead, as even if the price would go down to a few cents per each it would still be a currency as at least a small amount of people would be interested in it including me

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:32:30 PM

Every investment good works in cycles. We are now close to one long negative cycle. Of course that the interest has vained a bit when prices are going down for a long time.

Just look at the VC fundings. They are breaking all the records this year. Do you think that business people would invest money in Bitcoin if Bitcoin was dying!

People (and by people i mean the clueless herd) can't focus their attention beyond the price of an asset to derive if its or not valuable. Meanwhile intelligent people keep buying cheap BTC and whales keep dropping money on VC fundings.
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:43:25 PM

bitcoin is not dead and never will be dead, as even if the price would go down to a few cents per each it would still be a currency as at least a small amount of people would be interested in it including me
That's true. The whole cryptoworld is based on BTC. BTC has the most users, highest volume. No chance to be changed with whatever
Dotakels

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:50:37 PM

That's true. The whole cryptoworld is based on BTC. BTC has the most users, highest volume. No chance to be changed with whatever
they are depending on the price not on its value so that they can say bitcoin is dead because of its price. Thats all the reason, and theres no more reason.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: