Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:22:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: i quit  (Read 142513 times)
aquitasIJ (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:18:25 AM

the node with that checkpoint key is running full now so if you make sure 91.121.6.19 is in conf you should be able to stay on right chain after resync. ( according to original dev)

Still forked.

I just resynced with that node only and I already have 7 blocks in like 30 seconds.
but you are on the same block as the explorer?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:20:07 AM

the node with that checkpoint key is running full now so if you make sure 91.121.6.19 is in conf you should be able to stay on right chain after resync. ( according to original dev)

Still forked.

I just resynced with that node only and I already have 7 blocks in like 30 seconds.

Not sure about explorer.

I am on block 43,303

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
mellon
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1002

Quel marth Melloneamin

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:20:45 AM

Still forked.

If you change nodes only it's not take any effect. You are see logs? What "Block time" you are set in code?

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
.steepcoinproject@gmail.com.
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:23:10 AM

Still forked.

If you change nodes only it's not take any effect. You are see logs? What "Block time" you are set in code?

I just changed the node to that one only and deelted everything and resynced.

Using the wallet in the OP.

What else needs to be done?

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
mellon
Legendary

Quel marth Melloneamin

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:24:45 AM

Still forked.

Not else you are on fork chain again.

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
MinerFTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:24:49 AM

Still forked.

are you on windows?

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███         
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██     
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:26:51 AM

Still forked.

are you on windows?

Yes.

Windows 64 bits

mellon
Legendary

Quel marth Melloneamin

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:30:02 AM

Still forked.

are you on windows?
it's REALLY have any value what OS he use?

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:34:32 AM

Still forked.

Still no orphan check. I've synced up with MinerFTW nodes, have 2 block stake successfully, then became fork again, next blocks do not appear on explorer
MinerFTW

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:34:39 AM

Still forked.

oke my test on chain forks me off again also

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
luongdk

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:38:46 AM

Still forked.

I wonder who is rolling the explorer without error, block on explorer keep increase correctly (if we choose it is correct one)?
mellon
Legendary

Quel marth Melloneamin

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:40:22 AM

Dev how we can back my balance?!!!! And why since block 7770 chain regular get a big amount of orphans? In PoS 2.0 "Block time" setting same like it was at PoW? And after 40K block you are set also 64 seconds/block? Or not?

MinerTFX you are awesome lol. 6 hours you answer on my simple question: Daemon from your Dropbox link using now or not?Huh? Hope you are see that question now.

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
MinerFTW

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:42:44 AM

Dev how we can back my balance?!!!! And why since block 7770 chain regular get a big amount of orphans? In PoS 2.0 "Block time" setting same like it was at PoW? And after 40K block you are set also 64 seconds/block? Or not?

MinerTFX you are awesome lol. 6 hours you answer on my simple question: Daemon from your Dropbox link using now or not?Huh? Hope you are see that question now.

I DONT AWNSER YOU BECAUSE YOU ASK STUPID THINGS ON COINS YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE GOTTEN IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE YOU LANDED ON A FORK.

YOU WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN ONLY WHILE THE REST TRIES TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX THIS MESS.

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
Lorren

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 02:52:51 AM

Thank you for your continued work... I seem to be on the correct block for the first time since shortly after 40000.

The stake weight seems low... but I'm guessing that has something to do with the fragmenting the chain has been doing.  I had turned my wallet off because it seemed to be a waste to keep it open.

BitcoinLove Bitcoin products on Zazzle.
BTC:  1BaRWVFD927cfDcCfxn9vhJn2L6ZKKNSP1
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:55:37 AM

Still forked.

I wonder who is rolling the explorer without error, block on explorer keep increase correctly (if we choose it is correct one)?

I believe it is luck.  I can resync with the explorer but if I start to stake it is a matter of time before I fork.  This is why I said before I believe it forks when the wallet finds a block at the same time as the network so instead of orphaning the block and rejoining the network it forks.  You can get onesy twosy blocks this way if you don't mind babysitting the wallet all day and resyncing over and over.  This is probably what is happening.  I suppose if you had enough weight and you did that you could drive the chain forward with a lot of blocks for yourself.  Maybe someone is doing that?
MinerFTW

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:57:55 AM

until more ppl can stake again the net weight is lower of course.

i hope dev stay or will be more active because forking issue is still around even after these fixes. in main time i would suggest to set in your conf file

addnode=91.121.6.19
addnode=93.157.4.11
listen=0

those nodes are running the right chain and i think other older nodes can make things fork again.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
luongdk

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:02:08 AM

Still forked.

I believe it is luck.  I can resync with the explorer but if I start to stake it is a matter of time before I fork.  This is why I said before I believe it forks when the wallet finds a block at the same time as the network so instead of orphaning the block and rejoining the network it forks.  You can get onesy twosy blocks this way if you don't mind babysitting the wallet all day and resyncing over and over.  This is probably what is happening.  I suppose if you had enough weight and you did that you could drive the chain forward with a lot of blocks for yourself.  Maybe someone is doing that?

Not really, it's wallet weakness after block 40k.

I totally agree with you about there is no orphaning check and every wallet went to wrong way. But I don't think if someone has enough weight can drive chain forward for himself, more weight, more chance to wrong chain.
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:03:37 AM

Network weight is increasing on explorer chain over last hour or two.  More people seem to be rejoining it.
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:05:33 AM

Still forked.

Not really, it's wallet weakness after block 40k.

I totally agree with you about there is no orphaning check and every wallet went to wrong way. But I don't think if someone has enough weight can drive chain forward for himself, more weight, more chance to wrong chain.

No I agree there is a wallet problem.  I am saying the blocks on the explorer are probably luck.  If you resync and start staking sometimes you can get one to show up on the explorer (luck) but eventually you get forked off.  Not sure what it is like now though.  I am staking again so we'll see if I stay on it or fork again

Actually now that I think about it.  As long as the exchange wallets are not staking and they have the same addnodes as everyone else (and ideally the explorer too) then they shouldn't fork.  If the forks are caused by staking blocks and not properly orphaning them then the network should hold together with all non-staking wallets.
MinerFTW

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:06:02 AM

yes net hash growing fast.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
██
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: