Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:53:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916408 times)
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:11:39 AM

The blades are temporarily out of stock.

Please wait till late June to early July for newer blades with improved design and better price.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:17:53 AM

The blades are temporarily out of stock.

Please wait till late June to early July for newer blades with improved design and better price.

Speaks volumes

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:25:45 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 06:28:38 AM by Fabrizio89

stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:38:08 AM

Any idea how many blades have been sold since the last div?

Not sure. I think this may partly explain why the mining divs are higher at the moment. AM have decided to push stock on hand into the farm rather than sell it. When the new blades are available there should be a nice bit of pent-up demand for them, especially if the price is lower.

We greedy shareholders should be prepared to consider dividends could be a little lower for a few weeks.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:39:00 AM

(Intro Post)

Phew - managed to read all 377 pages in around 24 hrs. Favorite line was:

"First $100M company without a website."

Not just because it was funny, but because its a nicely contrarian concept in the internet era that you can still build a $100M internet business in under a year without a website, particularly apt when every Mom+Pop store has been told for 10 years "you must have a website, everyone has a website these days". Wrong, and demonstrably, not needed!

Other quick points:
1) Difference between AM and BFL light and day. I read one thread where BFL_JOSH was having a slanging match with a potential customer. His language and attitude was of a 13-year old with behavioural difficulties, not a CEO. Its very easy to see why BFL don't deliver if that is the quality of people they have. Whereas friedcat has been polite, to the point, honest in every single post. Props to friedcat, and all his staff.

2) I think the T-shirt should have been a Chinese-style Wok to fry the cat in, but its still cool, sure friedcat isn't bothered either way Smiley

3) I wish I had come across AM even a few months ago, instead of yesterday, then I could have got shares for 1BTC or something instead of the 2.5BTC I paid yesterday. But I don't have a time machine any more, Stewie Griffen stole it.

4) I wish I had bought shares on a Tuesday instead of Thursday, live and learn ;-)

Congrats to everyone that got in at the IPO, but even at 2.5, I think there is plenty of room for expansion, because friedcat has delivered on everything. That is very very rare in any start-up.

I'm in this for the long-term, and nice to meet fellow AM shareholders. You're an entertainining group of indidividuals, and as pointed out, great chartists!!

cheers,
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:43:44 AM

(Intro Post)

Not just because it was funny, but because its a nicely contrarian concept in the internet era that you can still build a $100M internet business in under a year without a website, particularly apt when every Mom+Pop store has been told for 10 years "you must have a website, everyone has a website these days". Wrong, and demonstrably, not needed!

Other quick points:
1) Difference between AM and BFL light and day. I read one thread where BFL_JOSH was having a slanging match with a potential customer. His language and attitude was of a 13-year old with behavioural difficulties, not a CEO. Its very easy to see why BFL don't deliver if that is the quality of people they have. Whereas friedcat has been polite, to the point, honest in every single post. Props to friedcat, and all his staff.

2) I think the T-shirt should have been a Chinese-style Wok to fry the cat in, but its still cool, sure friedcat isn't bothered either way Smiley

3) I wish I had come across AM even a few months ago, instead of yesterday, then I could have got shares for 1BTC or something instead of the 2.5BTC I paid yesterday. But I don't have a time machine any more, Stewie Griffen stole it.

4) I wish I had bought shares on a Tuesday instead of Thursday, live and learn ;-)

Congrats to everyone that got in at the IPO, but even at 2.5, I think there is plenty of room for expansion, because friedcat has delivered on everything. That is very very rare in any start-up.

I'm in this for the long-term, and nice to meet fellow AM shareholders. You're an entertainining group of indidividuals, and as pointed out, great chartists!!

cheers,

awesome first post, welcome to the club, and get ready for your shares to hit 3 btc this weekend!

hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 06:05:07 AM

Not sure. I think this may partly explain why the mining divs are higher at the moment. AM have decided to push stock on hand into the farm rather than sell it. When the new blades are available there should be a nice bit of pent-up demand for them, especially if the price is lower.

We greedy shareholders should be prepared to consider dividends could be a little lower for a few weeks.

It's a friendly reminder to all greedy shareholders.

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:06:53 AM

(Intro Post)

Other quick points:

cheers,

Glad to have another person who did their research
And I apologize for not sending the shirt designer a t-shirt image of a Chinese style Wok Smiley
(Chinese version if someone wants to make it)
Cat floating above frying pan
Cat in frying pan
Cat in Wok
Sees this logically evolving lols

It's a friendly reminder to all greedy shareholders.

I'm good with just the mining estimate if the extra funds are being put to good use Smiley

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:46:02 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 06:28:31 AM by Fabrizio89

tkone

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:59:54 AM

asicminer doing great i think its top pool right now, and seems like theres been some terahash taken off the network about 15 maybe 20, and now asicminer is 25.8% network according to the charts,

really good news, also on a side note asicminer share on btc tc is going for almost 3btc each, 2.9 was the last trade!! wow!

now if only bitcoin can go back up to 130 each again haha!

patience patience is a virtue here in this game!

edit: didnt asicminer say they have an easy 100-200 terhash that can easily be put on the network in a month or less? and that was like 2 months ago lols, imagine now? i think asicminer can easily be 99% networks if they wanted roflmao!

ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:02:11 AM

I think we might see 3btc per share today.

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:39:21 AM

We're not going to 3 BTC guys...

We're going to 3.5 BTC. How long did it stay 2 BTC? Not very. Enthusiasm brings us to a middle-ground. We see 3 BTC. We want 4 BTC. We settle for 3.5 BTC.

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:44:13 AM

We're going to 3.5 BTC. How long did it stay 2 BTC? Not very. Enthusiasm brings us to a middle-ground. We see 3 BTC. We want 4 BTC. We settle for 3.5 BTC.

But of course

Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:51:54 AM

I disagree.

AM managed to prosper without a site because his competitors were either utter incompetents or at least quite slow: since AM actually delivered, people bought into that.

However not having a proper website - in general - hurts your potential and current customers, searching for informations about you.
The fact that AM has de facto monopoly over Bitcoin ASICs (not counting the vapour ones, of course), has much lessened this "problem".

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:12:02 AM

A couple pages back I mentioned I was buying ASICMiner puts with a 90 day expiration, a strike of 1.8BTC, and a premium of 0.14BTC.

I've been (unsurprisingly) getting more interest about this after the price spike. I obviously cannot offer the same deal after the price spike. Based on the new price of 2.8, I am offering the following:

Buying puts with 90 day exp, strike of 1.95BTC, and premium of 0.14BTC. BTCT preferred.

Betatester

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:15:27 AM

At a price of 5 BTC this share gives you a rock solid yearly return of more than 20%. This is from mining alone. Considering the growth potential, the value cannot be undererestimated. Probably in the 10 to 15 range.

1LdXn1PKhzLYT45W4sCUR1yqXNuiY1MLYw
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:26:52 AM

At a price of 5 BTC this share gives you a rock solid yearly return of more than 20%. This is from mining alone. Considering the growth potential, the value cannot be undererestimated. Probably in the 10 to 15 range.

on the other hand if every share would be worth 5 BTC, then the company would be worth pretty much 2 000 000 BTC, which is 17 percent of bitcoins in circulation, that would be a lot, some could say too much Smiley
CanadianGuy

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:29:04 AM

on the other hand if every share would be worth 5 BTC, then the company would be worth pretty much 2 000 000 BTC, which is 17 percent of bitcoins in circulation, that would be a lot, some could say too much Smiley

nothing wrong with too much..
tkone

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:31:37 AM

only 17%? we are mining atleast 20% and can easily mine more! plus we get more from transaction fees, plus more from hw sales! i think 17% of all bitcoins is a bit low lols Smiley

VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:45:12 AM

only 17%? we are mining atleast 20% and can easily mine more! plus we get more from transaction fees, plus more from hw sales! i think 17% of all bitcoins is a bit low lols Smiley

alright, then the share price should be 5 BTC Smiley

on a side note - it seems that ASICMINER has now all the hashrate on solomining, I don't see any hashrate left on BTCGuild...
Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: