Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:46:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879156 times)
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 08:36:21 PM

Synereo did not hold to the commitment of burning 2nd crowdsale unsold AMPs, did they?

They will be burned shortly.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I know much important things are on the table at the moment, but we must always hold to our promises whatsoever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 08:44:53 PM

What can I say; really unfortunate developments these days. Not gonna sell my AMP's though, as this would be highly illogical as my stake has been reduced to around 40% of iets original value. It is clear that there's some cleaning to be done in the AMP team. Then this project could avoid a total nosedive and perhaps gain some momentum again.
fezington

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 09:07:19 PM

What can I say; really unfortunate developments these days. Not gonna sell my AMP's though, as this would be highly illogical as my stake has been reduced to around 40% of iets original value. It is clear that there's some cleaning to be done in the AMP team. Then this project could avoid a total nosedive and perhaps gain some momentum again.

I think it's also the team's goal to resolve the problem and get back to work. At least it should be after seeing the community and market response. Someone has to step over his ego. It's not pretty but if everybody can take a step closer to each other, it's easily possible. And if a clear cut happens it's a good thing too. Less uncertainty. I'm down more than 50% but I'm tired of looking at prices and volume. This project simply needs to fulfill it's potential. Everything else is just a temporary misalignment.   
fezington

Activity: 337

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 09:18:04 PM

https://blog.synereo.com/2016/12/03/synereo-update/
LuckerDog

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 09:26:38 PM

People have irrationally sold this down to $3 million marketcap
Given the current mess between developers and CEO I think sellers are being rational. If price wouldn't have go down so much since I bought AMP, I would have sold also.

It is irrational though, because even if you believe there's a 50% chance the project will be disbanded, that means there's a 50% chance it'll at least return to 20-30m range at some point. This isn't double or nothing, this is more like 5x-20x or nothing, so in order for the sell to be rational (unless you aren't diversified or NEED the money NOW) you must assume there is a FAR greater chance of the project failing and going to 0 than even halfway succeeding and returning to a still MEAGER 20 million market cap (still lower than the shit project steem or dogecoin) for a 6x return. It could stagnate for a while since there's no news, or drop a bit more short term - but as long as they just release the social platform at some point, it will not remain at 3-4m market cap lol. If Synereo were to stay in this range (not likely), then I'm not expecting a 20x spike for beta like we saw with steem after their beta and steem payout update, rather I would expect closer to 50-100x, because the price has already been beat down so much. This isn't hype or irrational thinking either, if Steem reached nearly $400m marketcap, Synereo should in theory be able to spike much much higher as the two projects are like comparing tinker toys to the eiffel tower. I never would have guessed Steem could even reach 100m cap personally... I mean it's a project with essentially 2 people who have no clue that setting a 700% inflation rate is not a good idea and will drive investors and development away lmao.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 09:57:55 PM

i'm still for AMP but all this shit coming to light in the last day and a bit is disheartening.  you guys better get your shit straight asap.  it's almost to the point where i wonder if it's all 'setup' to look like this to 'match' the whalebots dumping the coin to fucking hell. lol it's crypto and it wouldn't shock me in the least.  then we'll see a sweet recovery come early 2017.  least it BETTER fucking recover!

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 10:15:58 PM

A statement from the Synereo team, signed by every member.

Dear Synereo Supporter,

The Synereo Team is committed to keeping you up to date on recent, ongoing developments.

Following the recent funding campaign, Synereo’s CTO has put forward a proposal where he requested to be allocated funds so that he can continue working on future technology, separately from the Synereo team, while transitioning away from the existing tech stack Synereo relied on so far and without having delivered a stable and usable product.

The Synereo Team is committed to taking this proposal seriously and thoroughly reviewing its value to our investors and supporters. It is our duty to make sure that funds are allocated responsibly and with the proper level of accountability.

We want to assure our community of supporters, investors, contributors and followers that regardless of what happens next, the rest of the Synereo team will work hard towards delivering functioning, real-world solutions that utilize AMPs and provide them with backing.

This has been our goal from day one, and it has not changed; now, with the incredible amount of resources in our possession, our ability to do just that has increased tremendously.

Synereo has 3 full-stack developers, 1.5 front-end developers, and has 2 other developers with rich backgrounds in math, logic and physics, rejoining the project. We have also onboarded a new Technical Program Manager with 14 years of experience in the tech world.

The team is working on a plan forward and will present it soon. We will be making a distinct shift in attitude, moving towards quick & iterative development strategy that normal users can feel – so that you can begin trusting our product rather than merely trusting our vision.

More to come soon,

Thank you for your attention,

— The Synereo Team

Dor, Yaniv, R Violini, Noy, Tim, Joeri, Henry, Beerit, Gary, Julian, MJ

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 10:18:48 PM

The situation is certainly a mess... but you know what?  Up / Down / Sideways / Just keep churning and trading.

The only bottom is zero, but no one truly knows where it goes unless the insiders bail. Just stating the obvious.

Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 10:20:01 PM

Dear Synereo Supporter,

The Synereo Team is committed to keeping you up to date on recent, ongoing developments.

Following the recent funding campaign, Synereo’s CTO has put forward a proposal where he requested to be allocated funds so that he can continue working on future technology, separately from the Synereo team, while transitioning away from the existing tech stack Synereo relied on so far and without having delivered a stable and usable product.

The Synereo Team is committed to taking this proposal seriously and thoroughly reviewing its value to our investors and supporters. It is our duty to make sure that funds are allocated responsibly and with the proper level of accountability.

We want to assure our community of supporters, investors, contributors and followers that regardless of what happens next, the rest of the Synereo team will work hard towards delivering functioning, real-world solutions that utilize AMPs and provide them with backing.

This has been our goal from day one, and it has not changed; now, with the incredible amount of resources in our possession, our ability to do just that has increased tremendously.

Synereo has 3 full-stack developers, 1.5 front-end developers, and has 2 other developers with rich backgrounds in math, logic and physics, rejoining the project. We have also onboarded a new Technical Program Manager with 14 years of experience in the tech world.

The team is working on a plan forward and will present it soon. We will be making a distinct shift in attitude, moving towards quick & iterative development strategy that normal users can feel – so that you can begin trusting our product rather than merely trusting our vision.

More to come soon,

— The Synereo Team

Quoted for new page.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Capoboss

Activity: 301

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 10:39:18 PM

Many investors lost faith into this project. Hope you guys can restore it.
Although I want to know where a part of the ico funds went.
From 4.7m there is only 3.1m left where did the 1.6m go?
Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 10:46:42 PM

Many investors lost faith into this project. Hope you guys can restore it.
Although I want to know where a part of the ico funds went.
From 4.7m there is only 3.1m left where did the 1.6m go?

-- Chargebacks on BTTF
-- Already spent throughout this year (the 4.7 figure includes the pre-sale)
-- YUNBI refused to send us the funds they raised
-- A yet undetermined amount of tax to be paid on AMPs sold, but budgeted according to our projected burn rate

<br>
jimscarver

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 11:02:43 PM

The one sided picture I see largely being painted here is simply wrong.

Many investors, including myself, bought into a revolutionary design of a provably correct, provably private, provably secure internet based on the formal asynchronous process calculus.  The internet is after all a network of asynchronous processes and process calculus it the right tool to constrain its behaviour.  The Dor is apparently diverging from that vision.

During initial development, deficiencies were discovered in achieving all the goals of synereo. Greg had been overly optimistic about the utility of his legacy code. Plus it was clear that existing blockchain technology could not scale the network as originally envisioned.  With full support of the community effort was diverted from alpha to the development of the Casper protocol and RChain which would have far greater utility for distributed applications generally than the original design.

Investors in this round were sold the RChain solution and many are angry that Synereo is changing its course now that the funds are in.

The second fallacy being propagated here is that Greg is incompetent and cannot deliver working code. Greg is an outstanding computer scientist who constantly produces working code that often runs the first time without error. He has been doing this in hangouts weekly. He has an open coding style under the constant scrutiny of other professionals. He often amazes us.

It is true the alpha has problems. It has served as a great proof of concept and all the basic capabilities have been tested individually.  It has not been Greg's major focus since the decision to rearchetect a solution. But that he has not delivered anything is total garbage.  Dozens of community members have run nodes and is supporting publically accessible community nodes. It is expected key issues will be fixed soon.
https://i.imgur.com/cbv4ZZV.jpg
http://divvydao.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/synereonodeusers-768x452.jpg
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 11:19:41 PM

I think it's also the team's goal to resolve the problem and get back to work. At least it should be after seeing the community and market response. Someone has to step over his ego. It's not pretty but if everybody can take a step closer to each other, it's easily possible. And if a clear cut happens it's a good thing too. Less uncertainty. I'm down more than 50% but I'm tired of looking at prices and volume. This project simply needs to fulfill it's potential. Everything else is just a temporary misalignment.   

Yep. Good thing communication from the team hasn't ceased and the will is certainly still there to Make Synereo Great Again. This ship may have hit an iceberg or two, but is still far from hitting the bottom of the ocean. No doubt though it'll take quite some time to regain the trust of a wider public for the project once more ... !
coinling

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 11:22:54 PM

What about presenting some solutions right now and let the AMP holders vote by their holdings afterwards ?

I think this will be the best way since the community and supporters of this project are basically the AMP holders who got the money on spot.

Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 11:27:43 PM

It is irrational though, because even if you believe there's a 50% chance the project will be disbanded, that means there's a 50% chance it'll at least return to 20-30m range at some point. This isn't double or nothing, this is more like 5x-20x or nothing, so in order for the sell to be rational (unless you aren't diversified or NEED the money NOW) you must assume there is a FAR greater chance of the project failing and going to 0 than even halfway succeeding and returning to a still MEAGER 20 million market cap (still lower than the shit project steem or dogecoin) for a 6x return. It could stagnate for a while since there's no news, or drop a bit more short term - but as long as they just release the social platform at some point, it will not remain at 3-4m market cap lol. If Synereo were to stay in this range (not likely), then I'm not expecting a 20x spike for beta like we saw with steem after their beta and steem payout update, rather I would expect closer to 50-100x, because the price has already been beat down so much. This isn't hype or irrational thinking either, if Steem reached nearly $400m marketcap, Synereo should in theory be able to spike much much higher as the two projects are like comparing tinker toys to the eiffel tower. I never would have guessed Steem could even reach 100m cap personally... I mean it's a project with essentially 2 people who have no clue that setting a 700% inflation rate is not a good idea and will drive investors and development away lmao.

Very nice but most people will go away from AMP until they start delivering and AMP price gets some momentum. That's how traders do their job. Given the current BTC rise in combination with the Synereo mess, it is more than logical for people to run away and step back in when times are better. 
LuckerDog

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 12:05:14 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2016, 12:16:48 AM by LuckerDog

Very nice but most people will go away from AMP until they start delivering and AMP price gets some momentum. That's how traders do their job. Given the current BTC rise in combination with the Synereo mess, it is more than logical for people to run away and step back in when times are better.  

Ehh... 90% of traders lose money for a reason. Most look at things from a linear perspective. Just because BTC HAS been doing good this past month doesn't mean it'll continue to do so, and just because AMPs has been falling doesn't mean it'll continue to do so. Most traders, as you say, buy when something has already been doing good, and sell when something has already dumped... Just because most traders do this doesn't make it rational. Again, the majority of traders lose money, something which is determined by irrational actions led by emotion. Oh AMPs been dumping for days?! I THINK I'LL SELL!! What, BTC is double what it was a year ago? Best time to buy! Nope... Buy low, sell high, look at things from a non-linear perspective. No one can read the future, that's why valuation and knowing what something is truly worth if successful is so important.
B!gSmoke

Activity: 514
Merit: 353

Respect has to be earned, just like money!

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 12:32:38 AM

Dear Synereo Supporter,

More to come soon,

— The Synereo Team

At least some good news. 👏🏼
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 12:56:47 AM

Ehh... 90% of traders lose money for a reason. Most look at things from a linear perspective. Just because BTC HAS been doing good this past month doesn't mean it'll continue to do so, and just because AMPs has been falling doesn't mean it'll continue to do so. Most traders, as you say, buy when something has already been doing good, and sell when something has already dumped... Just because most traders do this doesn't make it rational. Again, the majority of traders lose money, something which is determined by irrational actions led by emotion. Oh AMPs been dumping for days?! I THINK I'LL SELL!! What, BTC is double what it was a year ago? Best time to buy! Nope... Buy low, sell high, look at things from a non-linear perspective. No one can read the future, that's why valuation and knowing what something is truly worth if successful is so important.

Just churn the crap out of it. The only time you lose is if the exchange just ups and leaves taking everything with them which have occurred historically.

numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 01:02:55 AM

-- Chargebacks on BTTF
-- Already spent throughout this year (the 4.7 figure includes the pre-sale)
-- YUNBI refused to send us the funds they raised
-- A yet undetermined amount of tax to be paid on AMPs sold, but budgeted according to our projected burn rate

Wait, what, that chinese Tradesite isn't trustworthy at all? Very interested to know details about that issue.
To my knowledge they are located in capital city Peking. Did they delivered any AMPs to own customers?
As we can see someone with money & coins recently has been raping the charts.

amywiner

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 01:20:05 AM

Recent blogpost is just to hype the price up. The founders are not in agreement at all, FAR from it.....

This price bounce will be short lived, volume will die and price will drop a lot more. This coin is dead for the next 6 months.
To much damage done and an agreement can even take weeks if not months or at all! (remember they were already in disagreement for many months)

Even if there is a new deal there are still 880 million coins to come onto the market. Now  84 million or so are in circulation, do the math....

Do research before you invest in this scam coin. I been there before and it is my duty to inform my fellow traders.

Join slack and see what a big fight it is between the founders and the whole team every day.

News barely reached the average investor, this price will drop to zero? Ok not zero but close to it. Been there but not this time and I hope you guys also not.

Becareful Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 428 »
  Print  

Jump to: