Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:59:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879156 times)
bobtlk

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 01:28:02 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2016, 02:36:24 AM by bobtlk

It took a shit storm to get things moving, been following silently for a while...
I feel for these poor souls that bought in the second crowdfund at 0.0003.

Greg is the only genius behind Synereo, you better keep him close and friendly if you want this project to succeed.
He put so much effort into this, every freaking week on a hangout making sure the community was getting an update.

And the rest of the team? Splashing it, partying around.

Give all the money to Greg he surely will get this built within a year. Anyone else on the team should be replaced, especially executives.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 02:22:55 AM

Just churn the crap out of it. That's one thing everyone can control.

The situation at this point isn't even about providing a product to the end-user. It's just a money grab and it's quite obvious.

..and 2 years with no actual product is nonsense

They believe in the money and not their own so called vision!

paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 03:11:49 AM

Greg sent this to slack:

So people have a more realistic view of what has been delivered: client code https://github.com/livelygig/productwebui/tree/synereo
LivelyGig/ProductWebUI
Contribute to ProductWebUI development by creating an account on GitHub.

Working, with server, as documented here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwX0krsxHncTdFM5b2U0aHlfaUE

Here's the server code for the alpha: https://github.com/synereo/synereo
 GitHub
synereo/synereo
Contribute to synereo development by creating an account on GitHub.

Stand up a node and try it

As for the RChain, we were not to deliver code for this, yet but indeed we have these pieces under construction: https://github.com/synereo/rholang
 GitHub
synereo/rholang
rholang - A reflective, higher-order process language

And these pieces we are building on: https://github.com/leithaus/rhocaml
 GitHub
leithaus/rhocaml
rhocaml - OCaml implementation of rho calculus

These algorithms have been specified and proven correct: https://github.com/leithaus/pi4u/tree/master/hctm

leithaus/pi4u
pi4u - A collection of papers about new models and applications of mobile process calculi
https://github.com/leithaus/pi4u/tree/master/ladl

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 03:20:28 AM

make it happen team.

whalebots PLEASE come back to AMP coin soon on polo!!!!!  Cry  Grin

cause it's quite obvious you left lol!

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 04:58:56 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2016, 06:08:41 AM by DecentralizeEconomics

The one sided picture I see largely being painted here is simply wrong.

Many investors, including myself, bought into a revolutionary design of a provably correct, provably private, provably secure internet based on the formal asynchronous process calculus.  The internet is after all a network of asynchronous processes and process calculus it the right tool to constrain its behaviour.  The Dor is apparently diverging from that vision.

During initial development, deficiencies were discovered in achieving all the goals of synereo. Greg had been overly optimistic about the utility of his legacy code. Plus it was clear that existing blockchain technology could not scale the network as originally envisioned.  With full support of the community effort was diverted from alpha to the development of the Casper protocol and RChain which would have far greater utility for distributed applications generally than the original design.

Investors in this round were sold the RChain solution and many are angry that Synereo is changing its course now that the funds are in.

The second fallacy being propagated here is that Greg is incompetent and cannot deliver working code. Greg is an outstanding computer scientist who constantly produces working code that often runs the first time without error. He has been doing this in hangouts weekly. He has an open coding style under the constant scrutiny of other professionals. He often amazes us.

It is true the alpha has problems. It has served as a great proof of concept and all the basic capabilities have been tested individually.  It has not been Greg's major focus since the decision to rearchetect a solution. But that he has not delivered anything is total garbage.  Dozens of community members have run nodes and is supporting publically accessible community nodes. It is expected key issues will be fixed soon.

Listen Jim, let me start out by saying this... Personally, I thought, before this, you were a decent guy.  I don't know why you've sided with Greg and his bullshit.  Everyone though needs to be aware of this...

You're a very small investor.  I remember you saying in one of the hangouts that you didn't have $1k USD to invest in AMPs.  Now, that's ok.  Not everyone has significant capital they can allocate, but let's be honest here though.  Some of us have a significantly greater amount of AMPs than you do.  I know several guys, including myself, who have substantial amounts of AMPs and/or Synereo LTD equity.  Much, much more than a few thousand USD worth.  I purchased my AMPs way before Greg ever mentioned his RChain vaporware.  We purchased our AMPs because we believed in Dor's vision for a decentralized, open source, free speech social network and his leadership abilities.  It was only much later that Greg announced his desire for RChain.  It was after we committed our funds.  I'm going to be frank here.  I talk with these guys all the time.  We are all sick and tired of Greg's bullshit.  Greg consistently at every turn is attempting to debase and undermine AMP holders and Synereo LTD equity investors.  As we all know, he does this through a variety of methods including stating that RChain has to be separate from Synereo, declaring that AMP exclusivity is off the table for RChain, refusing to acknowledge AMPs as a native token, attempting to split the Synereo development team for his personal political motives, not committing to reasonable time deadlines, etc...  I could go on and on.  The last straw for us all was him leaving Synereo to form his "RChain cooperative" and then attempting to blackmail us all for over $2M USD and half of all the AMPs "minimum" as he puts it.  Who does Greg think he works for?  Obviously, he doesn't think he works for AMP holders or Synereo LTD equity investors, so why does he think he deserves our funds?  Greg's stated multiple times that he can get funding for RChain, so I suggest you tell Greg to go get funding from someone else who is willing to put up with his goddamn bullshit, because he's not going to be getting it here.  I don't know where you get off either Jim, because it is, US, the AMP holders and Synereo LTD equity investors who make the AMPs that you want for bounties worth anything.  Let this be a lesson to all... Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 05:04:38 AM

It took a shit storm to get things moving, been following silently for a while...
I feel for these poor souls that bought in the second crowdfund at 0.0003.

Greg is the only genius behind Synereo, you better keep him close and friendly if you want this project to succeed.
He put so much effort into this, every freaking week on a hangout making sure the community was getting an update.

And the rest of the team? Splashing it, partying around.

Give all the money to Greg he surely will get this built within a year. Anyone else on the team should be replaced, especially executives.

Lol... Ok, you give Greg YOUR money.  In a year, we'll see where you stand.  FYI, Greg says it will take him at least six months to hire four developers and two years minimum for any working code.  Anybody with two functioning brain cells knows that these are just delay tactics so Greg doesn't have to deliver anything.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
blackhawk101

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 05:09:37 AM

too much crazy go on, haven't looked in AMP in month, then today  Shocked

what is greg, AMP need greg, ok -- greg hire any developer name of greg, then coin go moon. easy

On Sunday, November 6, 2016, I went to McDonalds located in New York on Lexington Avenue and 125th Street.I ordered 2 fish meals. I informed the cashier if she can change the fries, due to the fact that they were cold. She got upset and called me a out of my name. I than asked to speak to the manager who stated that there wasn't much he could do.As a person who works everyday and pay taxes I deserve to be respected.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 05:34:38 AM

I stopped reading here.  I'm sorry, but if you can't spell "ridiculous" and you're too stupid to use spell check, nobody is going to believe you.  You know I like you Amy, but you've got to do better than this.  On a positive note, you can spell better than that imbecile Christian Peirson, but then again so can a monkey.

At least better than Christian. I'm feeling pretty good abou that, thanks for the compliment. I have my errors  for sure, but english isn't my first language and not being able to spell correctly doesn't mean you know less than others who can, not all of us are english speakers and even english speakers by first language spell wrongly which again doesn't mean they know less about the issues being talked about.

Typically people come with these kind of replies when they don't have anything better to say. Thanks for the compliment.

Ok Amy.  I'm sorry.  I didn't realize that English wasn't your native tongue.  In all fairness though, English isn't Christian Peirson's native tongue either... it's chimpanzee.

Recent blogpost is just to hype the price up. The founders are not in agreement at all, FAR from it.....

This price bounce will be short lived, volume will die and price will drop a lot more. This coin is dead for the next 6 months.
To much damage done and an agreement can even take weeks if not months or at all! (remember they were already in disagreement for many months)

Even if there is a new deal there are still 880 million coins to come onto the market. Now  84 million or so are in circulation, do the math....

Do research before you invest in this scam coin. I been there before and it is my duty to inform my fellow traders.

Join slack and see what a big fight it is between the founders and the whole team every day.

News barely reached the average investor, this price will drop to zero? Ok not zero but close to it. Been there but not this time and I hope you guys also not.

Becareful Smiley

Nice FUD, but I'm going to be honest with you here.  Do you know what this means:

Following the recent funding campaign, Synereo’s CTO has put forward a proposal where he requested to be allocated funds so that he can continue working on future technology, separately from the Synereo team, while transitioning away from the existing tech stack Synereo relied on so far and without having delivered a stable and usable product.

The Synereo Team is committed to taking this proposal seriously and thoroughly reviewing its value to our investors and supporters. It is our duty to make sure that funds are allocated responsibly and with the proper level of accountability.

We want to assure our community of supporters, investors, contributors and followers that regardless of what happens next, the rest of the Synereo team will work hard towards delivering functioning, real-world solutions that utilize AMPs and provide them with backing.

This has been our goal from day one, and it has not changed; now, with the incredible amount of resources in our possession, our ability to do just that has increased tremendously.

Synereo has 3 full-stack developers, 1.5 front-end developers, and has 2 other developers with rich backgrounds in math, logic and physics, rejoining the project. We have also onboarded a new Technical Program Manager with 14 years of experience in the tech world.

The team is working on a plan forward and will present it soon. We will be making a distinct shift in attitude, moving towards quick & iterative development strategy that normal users can feel – so that you can begin trusting our product rather than merely trusting our vision.

More to come soon,

Thank you for your attention,

— The Synereo Team

Dor, Yaniv, R Violini, Noy, Tim, Joeri, Henry, Beerit, Gary, Julian, MJ

This means that Greg is history.  This is what AMP holders and Synereo LTD equity investors want to hear.  The AMP price is dirt cheap now because of this news.  Greg, on behalf of myself and all the other AMP holders and Synereo LTD equity investors, I want to leave you with these parting words...

YOU'RE FIRED!

freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 05:36:08 AM

Greg is out.  I'm sure soon Greg's AMPs will be burned and the supply will be reduced even further.

This. Don't make the same mistake as Ripple did when they let rogue founder Jed McCaleb leave with his share of the premine. Ripple price has never recovered. They had to bring the matter to court and have a long and messy legal battle to reach an agreement restraining his sale rate. Even today the ongoing selling by Jed is still a major hindrance to price appreciation.

Ripple let McCaleb run with his cut of the premine because they thought it would be messy to fork and have all exchanges switch to a new asset. They were also concerned that Jed would have a legal edge against them by claiming he was wronged.

In the case of Synereo it is easy to avoid the situation. Just create a new Omni asset and have all exchanges switch asset just like Tau/Agoras did when they got hacked. Greg can still enjoy his worthless and meaningless tokens after that so he won't have much leverage claiming he was wronged. He still got his share of the profits of the product he failed to deliver.

Either way don't let Greg enjoy a founder cut of whatever Synereo does after his departure. None of his work is usable in the end. His net contribution is negative: a huge waste of time and investor confidence.

Synereo has to make a move here and distance itself asap from its rogue founder if it wishes to retain its credibility.
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 05:54:14 AM

AMP need greg, ok -- greg hire any developer name of greg, then coin go moon. easy

AMP doesn't need Greg. Greg is that guy with an oversized ego who makes grand claims about what he can do, fails to deliver, and ruins the team spirit by acting as an unmanageable arrogant prick. This is the kind of guy you often see posing as a rock star but ending up being the first person getting fired in large companies because in spite of their actual intelligence and knowledge which landed them the job in first place, they turn out to be so toxic that they become a liability. I have known quite a few of these types in my career and it never ended well. What you want is humble but hardworking seasoned developers, not attention seeking rock star drama queens. In current economic climate, good developers are one dime a dozen.
aristokrat

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 06:06:49 AM

Thanks to God, Greg is history. Synereo, move on and start to code some magic!
Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 07:10:39 AM

The technology that Greg wants to build is the only reason I ever cared about Synereo. I don't understand what Synereo plans to do without it...

wannarahaa

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 07:35:26 AM

The technology that Greg wants to build is the only reason I ever cared about Synereo. I don't understand what Synereo plans to do without it...

Without Greg, AMP is nothing.  Cheesy  Worse case.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 07:57:40 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2016, 08:39:48 AM by DecentralizeEconomics

Greg is out.  I'm sure soon Greg's AMPs will be burned and the supply will be reduced even further.

In the case of Synereo it is easy to avoid the situation. Just create a new Omni asset and have all exchanges switch asset just like Tau/Agoras did when they got hacked. Greg can still enjoy his worthless and meaningless tokens after that so he won't have much leverage claiming he was wronged. He still got his share of the profits of the product he failed to deliver.

Either way don't let Greg enjoy a founder cut of whatever Synereo does after his departure. None of his work is usable in the end. His net contribution is negative: a huge waste of time and investor confidence.

This is the best idea that I've heard in a long time.  DO IT!

Without Greg, AMP is nothing.  Cheesy  Worse case.

Greg's ideas were just a means to an end.  Greg couldn't make his simpler SpecialK code even work in a decentralized manner.  What makes you think he can deliver on a more complicated project?  Regardless, Greg wants to cut YOU out of HIS RChain vaporware.  Listen to the podcasts on his RChain channel on Youtube.  He is constantly mentioning how he is planning to disenfranchise and debase our AMP holdings and Synereo LTD equity.  Screw Greg.  Two can play this game.  Like I said earlier, in the rat's ass chance he actually delivers something in the next hundred years, we can just take his shit because it is open source.  In the meantime, let's just see how well Greg does without our money or AMPs.  Greg left Synereo and abandoned his promise to all of us, including you.

dragonares

Activity: 246

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 08:05:12 AM

Bagholders are fucking sick in this community. Crying babies, you invested the scam, deserved it. Congratulations.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 08:14:51 AM

Bagholders are fucking sick in this community. Crying babies, you invested the scam, deserved it. Congratulations.

Admit it... you're just angry that you didn't buy AMPs when they were 600 sats and BTC was ~$230.

Joerii
Legendary

Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 08:41:30 AM

Greg's tech doesn't exist. it's science fiction. Sorry to pop your bubble, SpecialK is a fantasy and Rchain is years away from being useful.

But Synereo's vision, leader and core team remains, and is now powered by millions of dollars. We're changing gears and going to prove what we can do.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
fezington

Activity: 337

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 08:47:49 AM

too much crazy go on, haven't looked in AMP in month, then today  Shocked

what is greg, AMP need greg, ok -- greg hire any developer name of greg, then coin go moon. easy

On Sunday, November 6, 2016, I went to McDonalds located in New York on Lexington Avenue and 125th Street.I ordered 2 fish meals. I informed the cashier if she can change the fries, due to the fact that they were cold. She got upset and called me a out of my name. I than asked to speak to the manager who stated that there wasn't much he could do.As a person who works everyday and pay taxes I deserve to be respected.

How did fish meal taste
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Merit: 1000

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 10:39:28 AM

Seems to a clowns in every circus

numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 11:56:14 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2016, 12:12:40 PM by numismatist

Just churn the crap out of it. That's one thing everyone can control.

The situation at this point isn't even about providing a product to the end-user. It's just a money grab and it's quite obvious.

..and 2 years with no actual product is nonsense

They believe in the money and not their own so called vision!

Everything Omincore. Tau Chain, Agoras Tokens, MAID. There is a pattern, just like NXT Assets. I've been alerted early from the beginnings, and pointed on it inside this thread. Besides all willingness to gamble that saved my ass

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 428 »
  Print  

Jump to: