Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 05:12:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CoinLab Protected Pool  (Read 97574 times)
TheHarbinger

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 04:22:15 AM

request for info:

When  the difficulty changes in the middle of a week, we have a hard time knowing how many shares are at the old rate vs the new rate.

Now with even more uncertainty as to how much each share is worth, AND the upcoming work at who knows what rate. I for one would like to ask that a page be created that shows how much each worker makes at what exact pps.  I am not looking for anything pretty, just a dump to a table of workers, number of shares, and how much per share.

Is this possible?

Agree

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj
monstrs

Activity: 555
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 05:35:09 AM

request for info:

When  the difficulty changes in the middle of a week, we have a hard time knowing how many shares are at the old rate vs the new rate.

Now with even more uncertainty as to how much each share is worth, AND the upcoming work at who knows what rate. I for one would like to ask that a page be created that shows how much each worker makes at what exact pps.  I am not looking for anything pretty, just a dump to a table of workers, number of shares, and how much per share.

Is this possible?

Agree

I would like to see this too, and the current pay per share rate would be great too.
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 06:07:08 AM

The Alpha client is nearing completion!  We're going to have a rough version for Windows miners to start testing by the end of the week if everything goes as planned.

Why Windows?
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 07:25:56 AM

The Alpha client is nearing completion!  We're going to have a rough version for Windows miners to start testing by the end of the week if everything goes as planned.

Why Windows?

Probably because thats what most people game on and thats one of the goals coinlab has in mind.. afaik
they spoke of having a *nix client coming later on..

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
philips

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 08:19:57 AM

Well, I was under the impression that Colivas is developing this client, and knowing his aversion toward Windows I was expecting somehow that first test versions to run on Linux.
I mean, I am surprised that there is no test version for Linux but there is one for Windows.
ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 08:39:50 AM

Weren't you looking for linux machines with nvidia GPUs?

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 1636

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 08:51:25 AM

For my part, the client works on both linux and windows (and maybe one day osx). However for a release, they need a front end/GUI, and I have had nothing to do with it so cannot comment on the release plan.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
philips

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 09:14:49 AM

For my part, the client works on both linux and windows (and maybe one day osx). However for a release, they need a front end/GUI, and I have had nothing to do with it so cannot comment on the release plan.

I see.
Well then, I am not gonna install Windows just to test this release. Waiting for Coinlab to decide about the Linux version.
TheHarbinger

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 03:40:45 PM

If it's just the front end that requires a windows box, then something like WINE my be an option, will have to wait and see though.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 03:52:27 PM

good to know =)

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
CoinLab (OP)

Activity: 270

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 06:37:06 PM

request for info:

Is this possible?

Agree

We were actually talking about something just like this yesterday, thanks for letting us know you'd like it.

I am thinking we should add two additional views on the current stats.  The current view will be "fully collapsed", and remain on your "home" page of the web stats interface. Then, we'll link to two other tables.  The first one will be "By Time", and show each change in the PPS rate and when you submitted your first share in that period, which workers worked during that period, and how many shares/btc they earned.  The other table will be "By PPS Rate" and show how many shares/btc each of your workers earned at each PPS Rate (ex. all 95% periods are rolled together and summarized, instead of showing a unique line for each period at 95%).

I think that most of the time, miners will want to use the "By PPS Rate" table, but if you're trying to see what happened during a particular period of time, you'd want to use "By Time" rate.

Do these tables sound good to you?

monstrs

Activity: 555
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 06:37:46 PM

Nice that there will be some progress soon. But when it will be possible to change this thing with twice a week payout? Is it so hard to do? Most pools have automatic payout option, or choice to do it manualy.
CoinLab (OP)

Activity: 270

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 06:45:17 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2012, 06:58:41 PM by CoinLab

I see.
Well then, I am not gonna install Windows just to test this release. Waiting for Coinlab to decide about the Linux version.

We'll be releasing a Linux client as well, this Windows release is literally going to be the first stable build we have.  We are releasing this version for anyone who would like to help us test the client.  

Nice that there will be some progress soon. But when it will be possible to change this thing with twice a week payout? Is it so hard to do? Most pools have automatic payout option, or choice to do it manualy.

It looks like our new payout system will be ready in a week or two.
TheHarbinger

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 07:01:04 PM

In real world time, or in BFL time?   Grin

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 07:10:48 PM

I see.

We'll be releasing a Linux client as well, this Windows release is literally going to be the first stable build we have.  We are releasing this version for anyone who would like to help us test the client.  

Both of my GPU rigs are Linux, but I have 2 FPGAs running on a Windows 7 laptop. If the new client will support these FPGAs (even only for testing as I know this goes against the idea of CoinLab) I can use those for testing, otherwise I'll have to wait for a Linux client.

Glad to see the steps forward!

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 07:52:20 PM

In real world time, or in BFL time?   Grin
ROFL, nice!

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 09:54:41 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2012, 10:04:54 PM by jjiimm_64

request for info:

When  the difficulty changes in the middle of a week, we have a hard time knowing how many shares are at the old rate vs the new rate.

Now with even more uncertainty as to how much each share is worth, AND the upcoming work at who knows what rate. I for one would like to ask that a page be created that shows how much each worker makes at what exact pps.  I am not looking for anything pretty, just a dump to a table of workers, number of shares, and how much per share.

Is this possible?

Agree

We were actually talking about something just like this yesterday, thanks for letting us know you'd like it.

I am thinking we should add two additional views on the current stats.  The current view will be "fully collapsed", and remain on your "home" page of the web stats interface. Then, we'll link to two other tables.  The first one will be "By Time", and show each change in the PPS rate and when you submitted your first share in that period, which workers worked during that period, and how many shares/btc they earned.  The other table will be "By PPS Rate" and show how many shares/btc each of your workers earned at each PPS Rate (ex. all 95% periods are rolled together and summarized, instead of showing a unique line for each period at 95%).

I think that most of the time, miners will want to use the "By PPS Rate" table, but if you're trying to see what happened during a particular period of time, you'd want to use "By Time" rate.

Do these tables sound good to you?

Having sub pages of information about time and pps.. and shares and pps is good.

having the pages in a simple non-pretty format is better..  having the information as a json download is 'more better'

edit:
having the json getting live data.... more more better!

edit2:
Please add block finds to worker data.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
jcpham

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Your Argument is Irrelephant

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 11:07:34 PM

yay 111%
meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 04:03:28 AM

yay 111%

95% for me... sad panda

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 1636

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 04:54:00 AM

Both of my GPU rigs are Linux, but I have 2 FPGAs running on a Windows 7 laptop. If the new client will support these FPGAs (even only for testing as I know this goes against the idea of CoinLab) I can use those for testing, otherwise I'll have to wait for a Linux client.
The custom client will be for GPUs only.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: