Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:16:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum - Bitcoin client for the common users (friendly and instant)  (Read 110004 times)
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 12:04:55 PM

I don't think importing just public keys is possible at this moment.

yes, you can first import the private key, then use the 'deseed' command to create a watching only wallet

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 06:29:12 PM

How do I fix this?  Linux noob here and I can't figure out how to install electrum.  Ubuntu 12.04 on a flash drive.

this@this:~$ sudo apt-get install python-qt4 python-pip
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package python-pip

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
Pontius

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 07:18:17 PM

How do I fix this?  Linux noob here and I can't figure out how to install electrum.  Ubuntu 12.04 on a flash drive.

Building dependency tree      

It is there:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=python-pip&searchon=names&suite=precise&section=all

Check in /etc/apt/sources.list if the universe repo is enabled.
Seth Otterstad

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:54:22 PM

Ok that worked, thanks.  Now what?  Linux always does this to me:)

Successfully installed slowaes ecdsa Electrum
Cleaning up...
this@this:~$ electrum
Error: Could not import PyQt4 on Linux systems, you may try 'sudo apt-get install python-qt4'

this@this:~$ sudo apt-get install python-qt4
Building dependency tree       
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 python-qt4 : Depends: libqt4-designer (>= 4:4.8.0-1~) but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libqt4-help (>= 4:4.8.0-1~) but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libqt4-scripttools (>= 4:4.8.0-1~) but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libqt4-test (>= 4:4.8.0-1~) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 10:29:23 PM

probably the wrong place to post it but here goes. Had a situation today where I couldn't get connected:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/electrum/gui_qt.py", line 1113, in <lambda>
    self.status_button = StatusBarButton( QIcon(":icons/status_disconnected.png"), "Network", lambda: self.network_dialog(self.wallet, self) )
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/electrum/gui_qt.py", line 1741, in network_dialog
    change_server(host,protocol)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/electrum/gui_qt.py", line 1736, in change_server
    server_protocol.model().setData(j, QtCore.QVariant(0,False), QtCore.Qt.UserRole-1)
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  QVariant(): too many arguments
  QVariant(Type): argument 1 has unexpected type 'int'
  QVariant(int, sip.voidptr): argument 2 has unexpected type 'bool'
  QVariant(QVariant): too many arguments
  QVariant(object): too many arguments

^ this happened when I switched from lite to qt and stried clicking the red circle to try another server.

To get around this I had to start with gtk on the commandline and the click red circle and was able to switch to another server. Now working.

This was on the out od date version 1.5.8... but I thought I'd share anyway.

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Pontius

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:16:15 AM

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 python-qt4 : Depends: libqt4-designer (>= 4:4.8.0-1~) but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libqt4-help (>= 4:4.8.0-1~) but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libqt4-scripttools (>= 4:4.8.0-1~) but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libqt4-test (>= 4:4.8.0-1~) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

See if this helps:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get install python-qt4

If not please post your /etc/apt/sources.list (on pastebin and put the link here)
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:47:42 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2013, 08:04:17 AM by phelix

have you considered http://kivy.org for Electrum on Android?   I think the current installation procedure is stopping a lot of people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kivy
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 02:59:17 PM

have you considered http://kivy.org for Electrum on Android?   I think the current installation procedure is stopping a lot of people.

yes, one of the devs (Azelphur) started to write a kivy GUI, but he had no time to finish it.
if you'd like to help, please get in touch!

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 04:50:25 PM

yes, one of the devs (Azelphur) started to write a kivy GUI, but he had no time to finish it.
if you'd like to help, please get in touch!

Is it somewhere public? I don't have the time to do it but would like to take a look (trying to trick myself into it Wink)
Seth Otterstad

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 05:10:07 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2013, 06:14:02 PM by Seth Otterstad

Building dependency tree      

It is there:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=python-pip&searchon=names&suite=precise&section=all

Check in /etc/apt/sources.list if the universe repo is enabled.
See if this helps:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get install python-qt4

Thanks!  All set now.  Might want to add this info to the electrum download page to help ubuntu noobs.

I am scared to death to use the satoshi client on windows with no deterministic wallet or easy paper backup because I have lost so many coins before.

Can I create my own wallet seed?  When it asks to restore, can I enter 12 words of my choosing?  What list of words does it use?  I ask because certain words electrum chooses are hard for me to memorize.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 05:17:16 PM

I still use electrum 1.5.6 with -w-tag because that was the only one that worked but now i wanted to update because some bugs appear like Transactions that doesnt update without restart and so on.
So i downloaded electrum-1.6.2.exe standalone version. I then created a shortcut with the target:
Code:
L:\something\Electrum\electrum-1.6.2.exe -P

It starts this way but creates a wallet on drive C. But i remember and read again in the thread that the -P-Tag works. With small -p it opens a process, then a second and closes only. But the -p-tag is from official version, a standalone tag and still inside right?

Cant i use it with a simple shortcut? I tried a batch-file too but with no success. Renaming the .exe to electrum.exe didnt lead to success either.

Thanks!
Sebastian

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 01:13:04 PM

By the way... the last working version i use is electrum1.5.6-flatfly.exe and i run it with a windows shortcut with the content:
Code:
L:\dirs\Electrum\electrum1.5.6-flatfly.exe -w "L:\dirs\Electrum\electrum.dat"

Thats running, but now with errors. Like no update for transactions until restart and so on.

I now simply tried the newest official standalone electrum for windows and slushs .exe. But the -P-tag seems not to be recognized.
Im running Vista Home Premium.

Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 01:15:55 PM

The 1.7 windows build should have command line support enabled again. The portable and wallet flags should work from that version on.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 01:27:27 PM

I already found your announcement but it seems to be python files only. But i understand it right that the standalone version for windows works without python installed. The python interpreter is included in the single exe, right? So that this exe can be used to start electrum, it interprets python and this exe can take the -P-Tag with a normal windowslink. Thats correct?
If so i will wait for the standalone.exe.

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 01:31:49 PM

I'm not sure the stand-alone can be made at this point, I have given up on trying. I hope somebody else might step up and build it.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 02:02:38 PM

I'm not sure the stand-alone can be made at this point, I have given up on trying. I hope somebody else might step up and build it.

Does this mean the only portable solution is still version 1.5.6 from flatfly where you have to specify the electrum.dat?

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 02:04:55 PM

Does this mean the only portable solution is still version 1.5.6 from flatfly where you have to specify the electrum.dat?

You can still install electrum to a usb key for instance. But for now just a single . Exe doesn't seem possible.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 02:20:25 PM

You can still install electrum to a usb key for instance. But for now just a single . Exe doesn't seem possible.

But then each pc i use that electrum on has to have python installed right? I mean if there would be a version were i have one directory were all files are stored in and no registry entries are made that would be fine too. But does python has to be installed on the pc?

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 02:55:42 PM

If its needed to have python on the pc... is there a portable python? I already searched and only found "portable python" or web2py but these seems to be only for developing, not for running python apps.

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 03:05:57 PM

If its needed to have python on the pc... is there a portable python? I already searched and only found "portable python" or web2py but these seems to be only for developing, not for running python apps.

No no, you won't need Python. Python should be bundled.

Versions under 1.7 could have a single Electrum.exe with everything build into this one exe file. I can't manage to replicate this behaviour on 1.7.

For now on 1.7 you will need more files then just that Electrum.exe. There will be an installer still; and you can move the files you install to any location or computer and it should still work. There are just more files to take care off now.

I hope this explains it. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: