Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:57:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum - Bitcoin client for the common users (friendly and instant)  (Read 110004 times)
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:40:01 PM

Im using electrum portable 1.9.7 successfully but now a transaction didn't went through. Now, after 2 days it was deleted from blockchain.info's unconfirmed blocks.

I tried changing the server but the transaction still shows up in my electrum as unconfirmed.

How can i fix this without creating everything from seed and having to setup everything again, possibly losing labels?

You can export labels and history.
Click on Wallet option > Labels > Import/Export

Ps: Simply try to Upgrade your client to 1.9.8 first.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:15:24 AM

Thanks for helping.

I unchecked auto connect and tried each of the listed servers, closed and reopened the program and the dot is always red and the left side said no connection.  So, I went to my firewall and electrum is listed as allowed.  Any other ideas?

Try what's listed here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=570573.0
campycoin

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:04:34 PM

So weird.  Nothing at all

Since it has never connected I'm unsure how long it should take after I open it.

I've tried everything, even just the ip address.  Their is a little box next to the server... what is that for
campycoin

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:52:17 PM

Thanks for helping.

I unchecked auto connect and tried each of the listed servers, closed and reopened the program and the dot is always red and the left side said no connection.  So, I went to my firewall and electrum is listed as allowed.  Any other ideas?

Try what's listed here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=570573.0

Okay I might have noticed my problem, please bear with me.  I sent a lot of coin there and can't afford to lose it.  Please see some images below.

See below I have "electrum" and inside of that is electrum 1.9.8 and inside that is the exe file

Could I have an install error?  The reason I ask is when looking at resource mgr I see

Why is the exe. file waiting for the exe file?

here are contents of 1.8.9

Also just wondering what this # is

Lastly-- is this what the console screen should look like? 

Please help me get my bitcoin out
campycoin

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:35:58 PM

If I uninstall everything- what do I need to download from the site?  I have Win 7, 64 bit
campycoin

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:58:41 PM

If someone could please help me I'll tip you.  I sent a large amount of bitcoin to my electrum wallet. 

I installed electrum, opened it and saw my addresses, went to coinbase and sent it all there.  Then went back and saw O TX.

Only then did I see I wasn't connected.

I tried installing python, other downloadables
I tired each of the servers
I converted servers to ip's and tried
I uninstalled, reinstalled
Reset computer
checked virus scan and all I can think of and nothing

I ALWAYS HAVE THE RED DOT.

So, I am so done with electrum.  I just want my btc out 

Can I command prompt the private key from the address and go put my coin at blockchain or can I send it to multibit?

0.02btc if you can help me do this in the next 10-15 mins so I don't have to stress all damn day
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:05:05 PM

Can I command prompt the private key from the address and go put my coin at blockchain or can I send it to multibit?

0.02btc if you can help me do this in the next 10-15 mins so I don't have to stress all damn day

On the receive tab of the electrum window find the bitcoin address where you sent the bitcoins, right click it and select private key. You can then copy it and import it into blockchain.info or multibit or whatever.

Note: Once you've exposed the private key don't use this electrum wallet file again. You will have to create a new one using the file menu > new/restore command in electrum.
campycoin

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:21:06 PM

On the receive tab of the electrum window find the bitcoin address where you sent the bitcoins, right click it and select private key. You can then copy it and import it into blockchain.info or multibit or whatever.

Note: Once you've exposed the private key don't use this electrum wallet file again. You will have to create a new one using the file menu > new/restore command in electrum.

Thanks.  Got the bitcoin back

Don't worry, not using electrum for as long as I live.  Swept the entire address and throwing it all away.  Nice 5 hour waste by me this morning
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:58:46 PM

Don't worry, not using electrum for as long as I live.  Swept the entire address and throwing it all away.  Nice 5 hour waste by me this morning

Ok then. Please send the bounty to this address: 1E9HKCWtm2yn1j2TCbyWZdnggxnTWCcy22
dabura667

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:37:09 AM

Glad to hear you got your bitcoins back! :-)

Remember, this is a practice you should be using for ANYTHING you are doing that you have NEVER DONE BEFORE with bitcoins: (like switching clients, etc.)

1. send a SMALL AMOUNT first.
2. check to make sure you can recover those small amounts and that you understand how things work. (or IF they work for you)
3. If everything is OK, then move the rest of your funds.

You should follow these steps no matter what it is you're doing in Bitcoin. Once you've confirmed that whatever it is you are attempting works for you, THEN you can move the rest of your funds into it.

Just know that it's not like the programmers of Electrum made the program that way on purpose, so don't blame Electrum. There was some sort of compatibility problem with Electrum and your machine. This is unfortunate, but myself and many others use it just fine.

I find one of the biggest problems with Bitcoin is that the most secure ways to use bitcoins are open source projects without any central company, so no user support teams. Yet if you store your bitcoins in some company's web wallet, they could disappear with it the next day for all you know...

But anywho, good luck on your future endeavors in the bitcoin space.

My Tip Address:
1DXcHTJS2DJ3xDoxw22wCt11FeAsgfzdBU
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:17:20 AM

I created a second wallet and wrote down the seed and password.  I must have written down the password wrong because it doesn't work.  I restored my original wallet when I changed computers and then added a second wallet. 

I think I figured out how to restore the wallet but want to make sure before I try it.

File>New/Restore  select wallet from list and then select "Save".  Is that correct, and if so what happens next?
dabura667

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:39:28 AM

File>New/Restore  select wallet from list and then select "Save".  Is that correct, and if so what happens next?

NONONONONONONO THIS WILL OVERWRITE THE WALLET FILE!

File>New/Restore, then TYPE IN A NEW NAME THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS ANY ONE IN THE LIST.

This is like the "Save As..." feature of any word processor. If you choose the same name as an existing file, it will DELETE the old file, and REPLACE it with the new wallet you create/restore.

My Tip Address:
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:30:25 AM

NONONONONONONO THIS WILL OVERWRITE THE WALLET FILE!

File>New/Restore, then TYPE IN A NEW NAME THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS ANY ONE IN THE LIST.

This is like the "Save As..." feature of any word processor. If you choose the same name as an existing file, it will DELETE the old file, and REPLACE it with the new wallet you create/restore.

Thank you for your response.

I am trying to restore an existing wallet whose password was written down incorrectly and whose seed I hope is written down correctly.  How does choosing a new name restore a wallet of a different name? 

I suppose I could delete Electrum and and reinstall it in order to change the password on the wallet in question.  I imagined it could be done without deleting and reinstalling.

I have never used a word processor, I don't even have one on my new computer. Embarrassed  Kinda makes it difficult to read the occasional word document sent to me.

An idea I just had is to install Electrum on somebody else's computer to make sure the seed is correct before I delete it from my computer or even try to restore it. 
dabura667

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:02:30 AM

I am trying to restore an existing wallet whose password was written down incorrectly and whose seed I hope is written down correctly.  How does choosing a new name restore a wallet of a different name? 

I suppose I could delete Electrum and and reinstall it in order to change the password on the wallet in question.  I imagined it could be done without deleting and reinstalling.

I have never used a word processor, I don't even have one on my new computer. Embarrassed  Kinda makes it difficult to read the occasional word document sent to me.

An idea I just had is to install Electrum on somebody else's computer to make sure the seed is correct before I delete it from my computer or even try to restore it. 

1. your seed has nothing to do with the name of the wallet or your password. As long as the seed is correct, you can name the file whatever and you can make the password whatever and the seed will always create the same addresses.

2. You can only change the password on a wallet by inputting the password and then setting a new password. So the only way you can retrieve your wallet is to make a new file (the name doesn't matter) and restore from your seed.

3. Don't put your seed into someone else's computer. Your bitcoins will be stolen.

4. I recommend you use Coinbase.

If want to check your seed, just click "New/restore" type in a random name. Any name is fine. Click Save. Then when it asks, click restore from seed, then type in your seed. If your seed is correct, you should see your addresses appear in the newly created wallet.

My Tip Address:
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:02:55 AM

https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues/764    Sad
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:43:50 PM

I have just downloaded electrum portable but before sending any coins I have a question.
What will happen if our coins are sent to the wallet and after a year the developer of electrum decides to stop supporting it and then wallet stops working. How can we send the coins lets say to another wallet like wallet QT ?

O_o
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:41:49 PM

I have just downloaded electrum portable but before sending any coins I have a question.
What will happen if our coins are sent to the wallet and after a year the developer of electrum decides to stop supporting it and then wallet stops working. How can we send the coins lets say to another wallet like wallet QT ?

You can dump the private keys and import them into bitcoin core/qt or any other wallet software.
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:49:58 PM

You can dump the private keys and import them into bitcoin core/qt or any other wallet software.

thanks!

O_o
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:50:18 AM

1. your seed has nothing to do with the name of the wallet or your password. As long as the seed is correct, you can name the file whatever and you can make the password whatever and the seed will always create the same addresses.

2. You can only change the password on a wallet by inputting the password and then setting a new password. So the only way you can retrieve your wallet is to make a new file (the name doesn't matter) and restore from your seed.

3. Don't put your seed into someone else's computer. Your bitcoins will be stolen.

4. I recommend you use Coinbase.

If want to check your seed, just click "New/restore" type in a random name. Any name is fine. Click Save. Then when it asks, click restore from seed, then type in your seed. If your seed is correct, you should see your addresses appear in the newly created wallet.

Excuse the intrusion, but why on earth would you recommend coinbase? Users should be in sole possession of their keys. Reddit is full of reports about coinbase holding BTC hostage due to overblown kyc/aml shit.

It seems coinbase is the new PayPal. Don't recommend it!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
dabura667

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:52:50 AM

Excuse the intrusion, but why on earth would you recommend coinbase? Users should be in sole possession of their keys. Reddit is full of reports about coinbase holding BTC hostage due to overblown kyc/aml shit.

It seems coinbase is the new PayPal. Don't recommend it!

"I think I should test my wallet by typing my seed into a friends computer to see if it works"

At this point, I would think that no amount of explanation could save this person's ability to secure his bitcoins.

At least with Coinbase, they protect your bitcoins in a similar fashion to a bank, so most people are used to that.

My Tip Address:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: