Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:05:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECC  (Read 259318 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:02:22 PM

we will support ECC forever. Wink

i wish there was an easier way to unit test for staking, but i dont fully understand what the kernel is doing to actually get the result of the scrypt blocks ( i guess i could mimic inputs now that i think about it, damnit) so really what is taking so long is i am syncing the blockchain for the 5th? time to see if my changes will work (50k) blocks to go. and that is what is taking so long.

actually i could do input output testing now that i think about it. why did i not do that earlier...... mistakes were made

Curious what you mean by the unit testing for Staking, please elaborate.

unit testing is one of the basic steps of software engineering/development. you test your code units (functions and methods) with static input data sets to see if it matches the expected outputs. which if it does, means your code works. if it doesnt then you know you messed up somewhere. you are supposed to do this for all units when coding a new program.

for staking what i should have done (and didnt but its kinda too late now) is take the kernel that is used to create blocks out of the wallet code and made it a standalone program. had it accept input from a command line ( which ideally would be a block that has already been generated so that you can compare the output) then pipelined the output to a text file. i would then read the text file and compare it to the block in the chain. if it matched for 5 instances (arbitrary number i chose) then the staking would work and id copy the code back into the wallet.

i didnt do this. partly due to lack of time, partly because i grossly underestimated the difficulty level/possible issues that could possibly arise from the staking portion of the code.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:57:34 PM

i will be posting some updates / new section to the OP
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:22:56 AM

In theese masternode days, what about implement it to supercoin?
Masternodes gets rewarded 60% or so of stake rewards.
Btw, not many days until pos reward is cut by 50%... Wink
Happy staking!

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 12:48:02 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 01:44:27 PM by groggin

Happy staking!

imo that's a terrible idea. masternodes = possible point of network failure. if everyone has more than one address + 500 or more coins then there are the decentralized nodes, = a much stronger network

btw, is there any chance trusted cryptos could absorb supercoin's twin sibling mammoth?  -just askin'   Wink

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:52:25 PM

Happy staking!

imo that's a terrible idea. masternodes = possible point of network failure. if everyone has more than one address + 500 or more coins then there are the decentralized nodes, = a much stronger network

btw, is there any chance trusted cryptos could absorb supercoin's twin sibling mammoth?  -just askin'   Wink

your statement on masternodes basically sums up why we dont put them in.

no we will not be touching mammoth coin
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:20:38 AM

New ECC wallet seems to be staking correctly now. i have 2/5 blocks that staked successfully ( i am tweeking as i go). im going to run it through some staking tests tonight. see if i cant make that ratio better. it should be out tomorrow. there are some minor (very minor) connection issues that prevent staying on sync with the blockchain. i will also be testing a fix to that, but if it doesnt work its not really a big issue at all. ive only had it happen twice out of 40 or so wallet restarts.

we will also more than likely be reopening the pool to mine ECC, MWC, and SUPER this weekend. i am going to update the coins on that and then reopen it. also need to make the website a little bit better.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:19:05 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 08:45:26 PM by Griffith

ECC wallet is working correctly now. all functionality is working. there are a few minor issues none of which i can recreate at will so im not 100% sure why it is happening. one of which being that the wallet has a chance to crash if you unlock it, relock it, and unlock it again really fast. dont know why you would want to do that. but it happens.

ive had this happen once.... where i unlocked. and then relocked and it stopped staying synced with the network. but i was unable to recreate this issue when i tried to.

going to upload the code to git now. andd will be compiling the wallets. mac one should be up soon as well (although i dont actually compile that one)

edit: will upload the code after i fix the number of blocks for confirmation. supposed to be 50, is 40. i musta mistyped somewhere....

code is uploaded. wallets will be posted when compile stuff is all done
renbit

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 09:41:17 PM

ECC wallet is working correctly now. all functionality is working.
well done mate

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 10:22:37 PM

ECC wallet is working correctly now. all functionality is working. there are a few minor issues none of which i can recreate at will so im not 100% sure why it is happening. one of which being that the wallet has a chance to crash if you unlock it, relock it, and unlock it again really fast. dont know why you would want to do that. but it happens.

ive had this happen once.... where i unlocked. and then relocked and it stopped staying synced with the network. but i was unable to recreate this issue when i tried to.

going to upload the code to git now. andd will be compiling the wallets. mac one should be up soon as well (although i dont actually compile that one)

edit: will upload the code after i fix the number of blocks for confirmation. supposed to be 50, is 40. i musta mistyped somewhere....

Excellent... worth the wait, as I know there were a lot of issues to be dealt with properly.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:43:40 PM

wallets are up and links are live. you should delete the chains you have and redownload. you can keep the peers.dat, the conf file, and the wallet.dat (really dont delete that last one)

but to make sure you dont get an invalid blk index you should delete the rest

i didnt quite finish making all the changes to the pool that i wanted to, and didnt get to the website end yet. so that will be delayed. i also have a few end of the semester projects to do so dont know when ill be able to get to that
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:09:54 AM

officially putting off fixing up the pool until tomorrow. and thats only after i get a decent chunk of one of my projects done. end of semester.... yay....
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:54:56 AM

officially putting off fixing up the pool until tomorrow. and thats only after i get a decent chunk of one of my projects done. end of semester.... yay....

Griffith

Good to see the new wallet online!
I can use the blockchain that I uploaded with the new wallet (before you took it offline to fix the staking)?

Further, I personally don't see much use in a multipool anymore.
The multipool thing was a fancy thing back then, created by the blackcoin-team in an attempt to create a continuous buy pressure.
The past proved that multipools arent "miracle-things"...

IMO, the multiwallet and in-wallet trading features are the real game changers.
Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on these developments?

Regards

Goldmaxx

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:21:03 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 04:46:43 PM by Griffith

Griffith

Good to see the new wallet online!
I can use the blockchain that I uploaded with the new wallet (before you took it offline to fix the staking)?

Further, I personally don't see much use in a multipool anymore.
The multipool thing was a fancy thing back then, created by the blackcoin-team in an attempt to create a continuous buy pressure.
The past proved that multipools arent "miracle-things"...

IMO, the multiwallet and in-wallet trading features are the real game changers.
Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on these developments?

Regards

Goldmaxx

need to resync unfortunately. the other one didnt stake because of more than just a calc problem. it was doing the chain wrong. also. dont delete ur conf file. u need that and it doesnt auto gen anymore cuz i forgot. so. keep your peers.dat, wallet.dat, and conf file

actually.... u dont NEEED the conf file. it should start without it. but it helps.

the multipool probably isnt the biggest tool anymore no, but ive had a few people ask me about it. and the rest of the fixes required are very minor.

i will be starting the multiwallet (in wallet trading is done actually) after i finish my board game that i have to code for class in assembly
Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:52:22 PM

Where can i trade EECoin? Only one Exchange?

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:10:41 PM

Where can i trade EECoin? Only one Exchange?

allcoin and comkort i believe atm... those are the two i have linked in the OP. thats one of the things we are going to do next is get more exchanges.
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:09:37 PM

Seems like i'm stuck at block 78313...
Restarting the wallet didn't help so far...

I give it another hour and see what happens...

Regards

Goldmaxx

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:24:43 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 06:37:50 PM by Griffith

Seems like i'm stuck at block 78313...
Restarting the wallet didn't help so far...

I give it another hour and see what happens...

Regards

Goldmaxx

wont help. it seems that i need to patch something in the connections for that. mdt found a bug. you wont have to redownload after the patch.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:30:24 AM

ECC Wallet for MAC updated to version 2.4.2.0

Github source code is also updated to version 2.4.2.0.

We are running 2.4.2.0 ourselves and are syncing as we speak. If you want to make use of the Multiwallet (if we are going to call it like that) in the future, then you will need the ECC wallet version that is 2.4.2.0 or bigger. If you don't have any interest in the Multiwallet, then you can keep running older versions.
Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:32:10 AM

We are running 2.4.2.0 ourselves and are syncing as we speak. If you want to make use of the Multiwallet (if we are going to call it like that) in the future, then you will need the ECC wallet version that is 2.4.2.0 or bigger. If you don't have any interest in the Multiwallet, then you can keep running older versions.

My wallet stuck by block 8136.

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:51:25 AM

My wallet stuck by block 8136.

You will proberly have version 2.4.1.0 (windows) running. When Griffith wakes up he will upload the 2.4.2.0 version. Yesterday we found a little bug in 2.4.1.0 that made the wallet get stuck on various occasions
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: