Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:26:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECC  (Read 259318 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:52:34 PM

Tiny typo on the trustedcryptos website under 'Our Coins' the 3 coins  says X 4 conf.for a transacaction instead of transactions. I still love you guys and ECC though Smiley

thank you. fixed.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:41:39 PM

the mac and windows 2.4.4.0 ECC wallets are up on the trustedcryptos website. we should be posting an external link for the windows wallet soon. the next time we post an update about something new being uploaded it should be the cryptobank application. it is nearing first stage completion. not too far off now
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 03:04:12 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2015, 04:09:31 PM by Griffith

Well everyone. welcome back to bitcointalk. im glad it is finally back online.

Some news for you all.

first off-  SUPERCOIN - has anon (duh). i am getting a second opinion on the anon and how well it actually anons stuff from the security guys at cryptsy. will post when i get their response. We are going to start moving forward on making this the new standard for the darknet (because it is the #1 anon coin).

Cryptobank - found a few errors with the base code (mostly them being a possibly large memory leak), since i took the base code from ECC. memory leak confirmed. after about 3 weeks straight of running the wallet i have noticed that the wallets memory consumption doubled. this has been fixed. this means ECC needs a fix (if you want). NOT MANDITORY. 2.4.5 should be out soon if you plan on keeping your wallet open for long periods of time and want a memory leak fix. (found that it does NOT happen on mac wallets, i think the problem is windows only)

MWC has a possible change coming very shortly.

edit: that memory leak thing i thought there was in cryptobank might just be linux telling me cached mem is used mem (which it isnt), git has been updated though
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 04:41:22 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2015, 04:59:12 AM by Griffith

please refrain from sending ECC for the next day or two. was working on cryptobank and notcied another irregularity. nothing too serious. just a bug that sometimes caused a tx to be sent. but not actually be packed into a block. so it will sit in the wallet pending to be sent forever. will patch as soon as root of issue is found and fixed. cryptobank is shapping up to be pretty awesome though

edit: nvm. im dumb. everything is working. gui has a bug where it doesnt update sometimes is the actual problem.

we will also be reformatting the trustedcryptos website soon so that is has more features, looks better, and has more information
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:14:09 AM

Good to see things moving again!

Regards

Goldmaxx

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 12:58:42 PM

please refrain from sending ECC for the next day or two. was working on cryptobank and notcied another irregularity. nothing too serious. just a bug that sometimes caused a tx to be sent. but not actually be packed into a block. so it will sit in the wallet pending to be sent forever. will patch as soon as root of issue is found and fixed. cryptobank is shapping up to be pretty awesome though

edit: nvm. im dumb. everything is working. gui has a bug where it doesnt update sometimes is the actual problem.

we will also be reformatting the trustedcryptos website soon so that is has more features, looks better, and has more information

Thanks for info.

I am redownloading the blockchain from the new wallet, but it is inordinately slow. in 12 hours download time it has stopped 5 times, and still only at around 16k blocks out of ~600k

Should I add anything (nodes) to the config, or is there a bootstrap ?

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:11:07 PM

Thanks for info.

I am redownloading the blockchain from the new wallet, but it is inordinately slow. in 12 hours download time it has stopped 5 times, and still only at around 16k blocks out of ~600k

There is a complete map with the blockchain untill the beginning of may in the OP...... that saves you more then a week.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:09:57 AM

2.4.4 should auto gen a conf file with some healthy nodes in it. they should sync off of them no problem. shouldnt be getting stuck (although the first 100k blocks are sketchy because that was before i took over)
cordearo

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:26:28 AM

2.4.4 should auto gen a conf file with some healthy nodes in it. they should sync off of them no problem. shouldnt be getting stuck (although the first 100k blocks are sketchy because that was before i took over)

every time i try to run the new eccoin wallet it says it was damage and i should eject the disk image

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:03:00 AM

every time i try to run the new eccoin wallet it says it was damage and i should eject the disk image

eject the disk image? i dont even.... you must be on a mac. PM mdtSpain about that. i dont touch macs and therefor know nothing about them.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:23:30 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 08:04:03 AM by mdtspain

If MAC... you download the .dmg file -->
you double click the ECCoin-2.4.4.0.dmg -->
that will open a window with the Applications Map and the ECCoin-Qt, now drag the ECCoin-Qt to the Applications map. That will install the ECC wallet. -->
Now eject the ECCoin-Qt pakkage that is on your desktop and looks like an harddisk.-->

Find your installed ECC wallet in your Application folder and double click to start the wallet

** EDIT **

Have a look in your finder window on the left side under Devices. If you see there any ECCoin-Qt device then eject that. That is NOT your wallet, it is the installation package that you should eject after instalation.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:53:28 AM

Thanks for info.

There is a complete map with the blockchain untill the beginning of may in the OP...... that saves you more then a week.

Thanks
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:55:53 AM

Yes.. The first 100k is a slow process (I have syched from scratch a couple of times over the last 6 months)
PVmining

Activity: 330
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:12:56 AM

2.4.5 should be out soon if you plan on keeping your wallet open for long periods of time and want a memory leak fix. (found that it does NOT happen on mac wallets, i think the problem is windows only)

...and linux I have the feeling.

btw. would be nice if you could do us linux guys a little favor.
On ubuntu I could not reach the "unlock wallet" option in the menue - it just don't exist.
so I have no chance to use the "for staking only" option.
My workaround is to unlock the wallet via comand line in the debug menue. Undecided
brookefinancial

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:00:16 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to share a little something to the team. I am trying to connect on www.trustedcryptos.com and my browser can't access the webpage. I am getting an error on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. I live in Canada, I don't know if anybody is getting the same error.

http://www.trustedcryptos.com/

And also, someone I knew who invested in SUPER Supercoin in July/August is having some questions on the state of Supercoin.

"Le SuperCoin ça l'air dead. Pu de site web.  Le fil Twitter n'a plus rien depuis longtemps et l'apps Android ne donne plus de prix."

It's french for "Supercoin is looking dead, no more website, there is nothing on the twitter feed since a while, and the Android apps are not updating the price anymore."

I told him that you are operating under Trusted Cryptos and shared the link, but I can understand how confusing it can be for someone who was invested earlier. This is kind of a "merger" of 3 cryptocurrencies, and I just wanted to share someone's opinion on the current state of Supercoin. Maybe you can guys can advertise them a little bit more separetely, doing wallets, apps, twitter, website for each coin.

I also saw that SUPER Supercoin is no longer trading on Bittrex, this came also as a big surprise knowing the past of Supercoin.

Not trying to spread the bad word, just wanted to open up the conversation a little bit about the future of Supercoin especially.

3D Printing and Bitcoin, that's pretty cool.
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:40:18 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to share a little something to the team. I am trying to connect on www.trustedcryptos.com and my browser can't access the webpage. I am getting an error on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. I live in Canada, I don't know if anybody is getting the same error.

And also, someone I knew who invested in SUPER Supercoin in July/August is having some questions on the state of Supercoin.

"Le SuperCoin ça l'air dead. Pu de site web.  Le fil Twitter n'a plus rien depuis longtemps et l'apps Android ne donne plus de prix."

It's french for "Supercoin is looking dead, no more website, there is nothing on the twitter feed since a while, and the Android apps are not updating the price anymore."

I told him that you are operating under Trusted Cryptos and shared the link, but I can understand how confusing it can be for someone who was invested earlier. This is kind of a "merger" of 3 cryptocurrencies, and I just wanted to share someone's opinion on the current state of Supercoin. Maybe you can guys can advertise them a little bit more separetely, doing wallets, apps, twitter, website for each coin.

I also saw that SUPER Supercoin is no longer trading on Bittrex, this came also as a big surprise knowing the past of Supercoin.

Not trying to spread the bad word, just wanted to open up the conversation a little bit about the future of Supercoin especially.

with my browser (firefox) everything works fine

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:34:37 PM

2.4.5 should be out soon if you plan on keeping your wallet open for long periods of time and want a memory leak fix. (found that it does NOT happen on mac wallets, i think the problem is windows only)

...and linux I have the feeling.

btw. would be nice if you could do us linux guys a little favor.
On ubuntu I could not reach the "unlock wallet" option in the menue - it just don't exist.
so I have no chance to use the "for staking only" option.
My workaround is to unlock the wallet via comand line in the debug menue. Undecided

do you compile the linux wallet yourself? - nevermind thats a dumb question, of course you do cuz we dont post one. Your problem is not wiht the code. i am almost 100% certain you are using qt 4.8.6 or less. the code that shows the menu bar in linux doesnt show up unless you compile with qt 5.0 or greater. i noticed this a while back and i am not sure why that happens. it seemed a bit odd to me but i just use 5.3 so i never bothered to do anything about it. on that note. i can look into a fix for that. also as for the memory leak, what is fixed so far on the github doesnt completely solve the problem. it only slows it down. so no new version yet.

"Le SuperCoin ça l'air dead. Pu de site web.  Le fil Twitter n'a plus rien depuis longtemps et l'apps Android ne donne plus de prix."

We can check the DNS route for canada, will contact the hosting company today.
As for your statements on Supercoin: The talk and advertisement of supercoin has been on the low side lately, same thing for MWC. More than likely due to the fact that i hadnt been working specifically on those wallets for the last little bit. since the coin that needed to be updated to be compatible with the other two was ECC most of the talk / work has revolved around that.

i am having someone on the security team at cryptsy look into the anon of supercoin and give me feedback on the anon and how much information they can pull from the blockchain to trance an anon send. (he is better at that than i am). After a response, and i am fairly confident that the review will be good and that the coins anon is solid (except for maybe a single point of failure) We are going to launch a "supercoin, the new standard for the darknet" campaign. in efforts to get peoeple to look into the coin again and attract some attention.

EDIT: if ANYONE sees a service for coins, that does anything useful or potentially useful, PM someone from the TC team. we are actively looking toe get our coins posted on different services to raise awareness for all 3.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:14:08 PM

ECC trading is now live on bleutrade

https://bleutrade.com/exchange/ECC/BTC
https://bleutrade.com/exchange/ECC/LTC
https://bleutrade.com/exchange/ECC/DOGE
https://bleutrade.com/exchange/ECC/USD

if you need to create a bleutrade account: https://bleutrade.com/sign_up/5641

Happy Trading =D
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:24:26 PM

Great news!

Regards
Goldmaxx

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:30:47 PM

we are currently redoing the trustedcryptos website (full redesign) with more information and features in preparation for development roll outs within the week
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: