Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:50:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECC  (Read 259316 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:18:07 PM

Is the development of Supercoin still going on?
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:27:45 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2015, 10:38:35 PM by Griffith

let me find the post where i explained that.. one sec

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
for individual coin development, we dont particularly plan on developing the coins and coin specific features too much anymore for any of the three coins. the anon race is over. darkcoin (now dash) won. the contest for "look our coins transaction times are faster" is over as well. the altcoin market is flooded with 99% of them having no real use. pump and dumps have become more common than actual coins.

instead we are going to be looking to making an application for coins as a platform. once i finish my end of the semester projects i will start working on the putting more than one coin into one wallet. then breaking that wallet away from a wallet and more into a general crypto application. the coin developement stage of crypto is pretty much over. any exchange or coin team still pushing on that is clearly and strong one and is going to make it to the end (except paycoin. thats a scam and a half) the stage of the game we are entering into now is crypto applications for the public and getting the use of crypto out there. thats the kind of game we are playing now. the new system and stuff will actually use a lot of tech from supercoin but not necessarily for the anon that it is being used for atm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i posted this slightly over a month ago. and its within a day or two of completion (once i get my computer back online)

so no. individual coin development is not longer existing. we work on crypto applications for the coins.
Gillette

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:31:08 PM

for individual coin development, we dont particularly plan on developing the coins and coin specific features too much anymore for any of the three coins. the anon race is over. darkcoin (now dash) won. the contest for "look our coins transaction times are faster" is over as well. the altcoin market is flooded with 99% of them having no real use. pump and dumps have become more common than actual coins.

instead we are going to be looking to making an application for coins as a platform. once i finish my end of the semester projects i will start working on the putting more than one coin into one wallet. then breaking that wallet away from a wallet and more into a general crypto application. the coin developement stage of crypto is pretty much over. any exchange or coin team still pushing on that is clearly and strong one and is going to make it to the end (except paycoin. thats a scam and a half) the stage of the game we are entering into now is crypto applications for the public and getting the use of crypto out there. thats the kind of game we are playing now. the new system and stuff will actually use a lot of tech from supercoin but not necessarily for the anon that it is being used for atm.

i posted this slightly over a month ago. and its within a day or two of completion (once i get my computer back online)

so no. individual coin development is not longer existing. we work on crypto applications for the coins.

hm, so according to you dash has the best anon tech? 
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:50:41 PM

not necessarily. i was stating they are a lot more well known for it and most people look at them as the main coin when they hear anon coin.

but that statement was more saying if you were to release a coin tomorrow and were to say it has anon. people wouldnt look at that as a reason to buy it anymore. it has to be more than that the same way that if you were to see a coin that has fast transaction times. it wouldnt be a reason to buy it either. but if you go back 2 years. fast transaction coins were popular for that reason. basically you have to develop to stay with the current demanding feature. and right now that is usability and applications that use the coin. so that is what we are doing
digi123

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 06:54:34 AM

By his statement he has indirectly said - don't bother with supercoin go out and use dash. This is exactly what you don't want a developer to be stating about their own coin, that is why I started selling off this coin.
Supercoin is a great Annon coin but what is the point when you have the coins developer comming out with statements like this.
I also disagree with saying the development stage of crypto is over. 
However I agree with the rest of what he said, especially the bit about getting cryptos out there and being used. Currency is used as a means of exchange if this can be established it creates much more demand for the crypto currency.

Gillette

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 06:58:25 AM

not necessarily. i was stating they are a lot more well known for it and most people look at them as the main coin when they hear anon coin.

but that statement was more saying if you were to release a coin tomorrow and were to say it has anon. people wouldnt look at that as a reason to buy it anymore. it has to be more than that the same way that if you were to see a coin that has fast transaction times. it wouldnt be a reason to buy it either. but if you go back 2 years. fast transaction coins were popular for that reason. basically you have to develop to stay with the current demanding feature. and right now that is usability and applications that use the coin. so that is what we are doing

Ok, I see now what you mean.

Dash is not really a standard.

There are one or two anon centric coins on the market with better decentralized anon but they lack marketing/public awareness. 
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:48:09 AM

By his statement he has indirectly said - don't bother with supercoin go out and use dash. This is exactly what you don't want a developer to be stating about their own coin, that is why I started selling off this coin.
Supercoin is a great Annon coin but what is the point when you have the coins developer comming out with statements like this.
However I agree with the rest of what he said, especially the bit about getting cryptos out there and being used. Currency is used as a means of exchange if this can be established it creates much more demand for the crypto currency.

Supercoin is a great Annoncoin, that is true. What we think is that Anon has had his best time and we are having other plans for the Anon Technology of Supercoin. We are looking if we can use it in the Cryptobank and then NOT as Anon but in the Decentralized Exchange of the Cryptobank application. We are not saying that development of crypto is over but we don't see the advantage to develop coin specific futures. We passed that stage and need to see the bigger picture.
BarTeam

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 11:56:46 AM

I guys, just felt interesting to show you up how much data it gets involved once not enough clients share their ports for other clients to connect and allow more data to be shared among everyone. Hence the importance of your ports to allow incoming connections. If you feel you need help on this, please come forward and let me share with you how you can still be secure while allowing these connections.

My last 30 days of data history I have accounted for an outstanding...
23 GB of data, just for ECC on my side (upload + download)! (and still growing)
average of 35 clients connected!
minting blocks at least every hour...
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:46:54 PM

how come that supercoin only has like 5 - 7 connected clients? Is it almost dead or something?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:06:49 PM

I in no way said to go start using dash and to sell all your super. all i was saying is that dash is the popular anon coin. hence its 3$ price per coin...
pro-investor

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:31:58 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2015, 02:45:10 PM by pro-investor

how come that supercoin only has like 5 - 7 connected clients? Is it almost dead or something?

No it's not dead at all. Waiting for a price dip to pick up some more.....cheap  Grin

** As soon as Cryptsy resolves their wallet
SxC

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:07:16 PM

No it's not dead at all. Waiting for a price dip to pick up some more.....cheap  Grin

** As soon as Cryptsy resolves their wallet

also waiting for crapsty to sort out the wallet to buy more hopefully price will drop more before that happens

i can see a big surge in buyers when the wallet does open up
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:17:08 PM

ive contacted them to ask them what the problem is, they didnt respond for a week. so i opened a second ticket. that ticket was closed with the response that i already had a ticket open for that. THEN WHY DIDNT THEY ANSWER THE FIRST TICKET???

i know cryptsy 2.0 is about to come out and they will have redone the whole website and everything but cmon. over a week?
Sjacmur

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 04:19:00 PM

cryptsy have very bad support to many coins many days updates wallets and no answers for asking for update. bad support for coins when need do something.
pro-investor

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 04:35:44 PM

I must say that I am very impressed with ECC. I remember on Mintpal when we could buy ECC for a few Litoshi and now we see 3-4 SAT. I will hold my coins because I think that we can go to the same hights as Doge and yes I know that that can take a long time. The best thing is ECC is still here...not many coins can say that
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:15:46 PM

I think cryptsy now staking our supercoins. Does anybody knows cryptsy super wallet address?

We are not staking any supercoin

SgA2tXJBxDpwaFsPPEoLRcXxdEEsK7pWZM

and I believe the following is also ours. But without bringing the wallet online I cant know for sure.

SWoZkupWQeeQ3FV1kdgPSShtzEw4qxxVya

Ill have supercoin back up by the end of the day
PVmining

Activity: 330
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:38:05 AM

Dear Griffith,
   I could not open my linux wallet since the update on 2.4.5.
Tried your code update from yesterday too - but it always crashs with this result:

Code:
./eccoin-qt
eccoin-qt: src/checkpoints.cpp:190: bool Checkpoints::CheckSync(const uint256&, const CBlockIndex*): Assertion `mapBlockIndex.count(hashSyncCheckpoint)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:48:35 AM

Dear Griffith,
   I could not open my linux wallet since the update on 2.4.5.
Tried your code update from yesterday too - but it always crashs with this result:

Code:
./eccoin-qt
eccoin-qt: src/checkpoints.cpp:190: bool Checkpoints::CheckSync(const uint256&, const CBlockIndex*): Assertion `mapBlockIndex.count(hashSyncCheckpoint)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I am no Griffith...but maybe this will work.

1.) Rename your ./ECCoin folder to ./ECCoin.old
2.) Now try to start your wallet, if it does.... (it should)
3.) Download the blockchain in the OP
4.) Replace that with your new ./ECCoin folder
5.) start the wallet again and see if everything works fine....if so, close the wallet
6.) Copy your wallet.dat from the ./ECCoin.old folder to the ./ECCoin folder and restart the wallet
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:52:46 AM

I think cryptsy now staking our supercoins. Does anybody knows cryptsy super wallet address?

We are not staking any supercoin

SgA2tXJBxDpwaFsPPEoLRcXxdEEsK7pWZM

and I believe the following is also ours. But without bringing the wallet online I cant know for sure.

SWoZkupWQeeQ3FV1kdgPSShtzEw4qxxVya

Ill have supercoin back up by the end of the day

Thanks Mullick,
I have seen that the SUPER wallet is on-line again.
Much appreciated!!
Gillette

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:04:27 AM

Supercoin has really an awesome name!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: