Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ECC  (Read 259316 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:25:43 PM

at some point today i will be passing out the download link to cryptobank for the people who PMd me. yes i read them over the week, my week was stupidly busy and tiring

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:06:30 AM

where im at: well i had 2 reamining issues with the gui. thought it would take me like 2 hours to fix ( i was wondering why threads i forgot to set to start werent running) and then my roommate sucked me into playing like 4 games of league of legends with him lol.

anyway, for the people who will be PMd links very shortly. the gui doesnt have all the features enabled. testing one section at a time. cuz if i enable like 4 sections and something isnt working like it should then i cant easily find the problem.

i will be sending out skype requests for those people who PMd me. once you accept them you will get a link. i didnt get any testers for mac except the one on the team. hopefully that will be enough.

how testing is going to work
instead of posting the Download on the website and having a huge clusterfuck of complaints on the thread for X feature. im going to initially pass out a wallet with most things commented out / disabled. get feedback. then uncomment the next tab and repeat the process. so the first version will only have the overview tab and 1 or 2 coins enabled. dw, the rest is there. it just needs to be uncommented to show up and work. again, sectioning testing helps find bugs a lot faster.

when i send the link on skype (to those who PMd and applied) i will send it with a few questions that once they are answered, another link will be sent with the next version cuz i do really need feedback to make this a successful thing.

so for those who wanted to test, check your skype for friend requests, i will be identifying myself in the request message. also the skype name is griffith
shrimpdigger

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

NYC NYC NYC

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:20:32 AM

Bit of a noob question/request. Could the Devs please post every so often what the .conf should look like for each coins to achieve max connections. I think my ecc is full of old nodes, my MTW im not sure what the .conf should look like at all.
Or even just a noobs guide to having an optimized .conf folder for each coin.

cheers.. and good luck with the multi-wallet testing guys..
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:39:25 AM

Bit of a noob question/request. Could the Devs please post every so often what the .conf should look like for each coins to achieve max connections. I think my ecc is full of old nodes, my MTW im not sure what the .conf should look like at all.
Or even just a noobs guide to having an optimized .conf folder for each coin.

cheers.. and good luck with the multi-wallet testing guys..

ECC and Super have an auto generated .conf file. You should not do anything with those, they will add new nodes to the .conf file automaticly when it finds a new node.

for the MultiWalletCoin.conf

These are my settings at the moment:

listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
maxconnections=100
addnode=129.21.141.135
addnode=172.73.213.157
addnode=124.187.117.81
addnode=86.58.10.3
addnode=74.131.111.225
addnode=208.64.29.243
addnode=206.188.78.215
addnode=178.84.69.66
addnode=182.92.0.128
addnode=174.6.50.93
addnode=220.237.71.245
addnode=82.18.56.195
addnode=129.21.141.193
addnode=115.163.56.158
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=x
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcport=52014
shrimpdigger

NYC NYC NYC

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 03:04:23 PM

appreciate that... thankyou
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 03:20:06 PM

I have noticed that there is a fork in the MWC blockchain. The fork is about 8000 blocks behind, so if you find your wallet not on the same block as the block explorer https://www.blockexperts.com/mwc and having problems to sync then consider to download the MultiWalletCoin map from this link https://mega.nz/#!rU9EXBwR!4c-WaTj3ZjUjYDr1emF-KDLrLfMS38Bsi68DYk1Dp4c.

1. Download the MultiWalletCoin.zip
2. Unpack
3. Close your multiwalletcoin wallet
4. Find your MultiWalletCoin map in Appdata (windows) or Application support (Mac)
5. Rename that map to MultiWalletCoin.old
6. Place the downloaded map in Appdata or Application support, depending your system
7. Restart your wallet and see if its working correctly
8. Close the wallet.
9. Copy your wallet.dat from the MultiwalletCoin.old map and put it into the MultiWalletCoin map
10. Restart your wallet
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:18:14 PM

it was found that if you double clicked the start button for a wallet you could start two instances of the same wallet and the program would crash. i should be able to fix this tonight or tomorrow morning. then download  links for more people
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:30:14 AM

Update: sooo... this is what has happened so far with testing. i got it out to two people before i got the response of, hey. it loaded and seems to work. but none of my wallet values or balances are loading. so i loomed at it. and turns out that the way im keeping track of some of the values wont work because of a memory visibility issue that needs to be fixed the same way you would a memory barrier. so i am currently rewritting a large chunk of the code to follow the singleton pattern. (that was a very technical way of explaining it, if u dont understand what that means basically i have to change the way im storing some values because they dont load and update properly)

so version 0.0.1.1 will be out either thursday n if ht or this weekend. since 0.0.1.0 has some issues...
Bradfrogger2

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:19:52 PM

I cannot get a connection with my SuperCoin wallet. Have the listed addnodes in my conf file already. Anyone connected?

renbit

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 12:07:56 AM

I cannot get a connection with my SuperCoin wallet. Have the listed addnodes in my conf file already. Anyone connected?
yes i'm connected .no problems

pro-investor

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:04:49 AM

Update: sooo... this is what has happened so far with testing. i got it out to two people before i got the response of, hey. it loaded and seems to work. but none of my wallet values or balances are loading. so i loomed at it. and turns out that the way im keeping track of some of the values wont work because of a memory visibility issue that needs to be fixed the same way you would a memory barrier. so i am currently rewritting a large chunk of the code to follow the singleton pattern. (that was a very technical way of explaining it, if u dont understand what that means basically i have to change the way im storing some values because they dont load and update properly)

so version 0.0.1.1 will be out either thursday n if ht or this weekend. since 0.0.1.0 has some issues...

WOW.....Griffith you SUCK as a developer. You release a piece of software that doesn't even show the values. Next you will release a book that only has empty pages.
shrimpdigger

NYC NYC NYC

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:55:36 AM

WOW.....Griffith you SUCK as a developer. You release a piece of software that doesn't even show the values. Next you will release a book that only has empty pages.

What a dumb thing to say man, He doesnt suck, most of us are here supporting him,
Hes got a peice of software in beta testing mode and hes just givin us an update.

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:17:03 PM

lol. im 100% sure you know nothing about how the cpu maps memory in its cache to limit load and store calls and how it keeps a frequently used value on lvl 1 and 2 cache so that it doesnt have to go back to main to get the value to save time which means that if another core updates it in memory it wont see the update. im pretty sure u dont even know what the singleton pattern is without googling it... and your calling me bad?
pro-investor

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:51:53 PM

lol. im 100% sure you know nothing about how the cpu maps memory in its cache to limit load and store calls and how it keeps a frequently used value on lvl 1 and 2 cache so that it doesnt have to go back to main to get the value to save time which means that if another core updates it in memory it wont see the update. im pretty sure u dont even know what the singleton pattern is without googling it... and your calling me bad?

I don't need to know, I don't pretend to be a developer.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:20:37 PM

no one is pretending.

if you dont understand the process for something, then get mad when the alpha doesnt work... its like yelling at google for not perfecting self driving cars yet. just because they have said they are working on it doesnt mean it is going to magically appear and work perfectly
pro-investor

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:46:03 PM

no one is pretending.

if you dont understand the process for something, then get mad when the alpha doesnt work... its like yelling at google for not perfecting self driving cars yet. just because they have said they are working on it doesnt mean it is going to magically appear and work perfectly

You suck as a developer because you need to do some basic testing "in house". Trowing a software program in to the public and then coming with technical BS to people that don't understand won't make you a developer. You have beetling for months now that your crypto bank would be released, a video would be available, until now there is not even a screenshot available. You talk too much in my opinion, a lot of "interesting words" but nothing to show. Maybe you are a gamer that wants to be called a developer, but spends all of his time playing useless games and forgetting time in the meanwhile. I don't know, just haven't seen any interesting development since you took over these coins.....your can proof me wrong by showing something
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:18:38 PM

You suck as a developer because you need to do some basic testing "in house". Trowing a software program in to the public and then coming with technical BS to people that don't understand won't make you a developer. You have beetling for months now that your crypto bank would be released, a video would be available, until now there is not even a screenshot available. You talk too much in my opinion, a lot of "interesting words" but nothing to show. Maybe you are a gamer that wants to be called a developer, but spends all of his time playing useless games and forgetting time in the meanwhile. I don't know, just haven't seen any interesting development since you took over these coins.....your can proof me wrong by showing something

i didnt "throw it to the public" i asked for testers and they contacted me. that was my in house testing. and its not technical BS, i explained exactly what the problem was with both tech terms and a normal english summary for people with both backgrounds. and we have done stuff with the coins. just a lot of things have been backend or txdb updates which dont really show in the graphical user interfaces. and the mining pool, which is still running. and its on the website. thought many people dont mine anymore in general cuz X reason.
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1410

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:00:22 AM

So when we'll receive fixed application?
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:56:05 PM

So when we'll receive fixed application?

i worked on it for a good 5 hours last night. and i have literally 0 plans today except to work on it. so more than likely ill have the pattern implemented by the end of the day. then i have to run some unit tests, have my roommate look at some of it as well. so very soon, maybe tonight? unless i run into a larger problem
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:20:17 PM

singleton pattern implemented, fixing some minor pointer problems for a few functions
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: