Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:52:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DASH Collapsing Monero UP  (Read 40364 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:32:31 PM

Still waiting on where you got that $2.50 figure for Monero. Seems you just make shit up then ignore whatever inconvenient questions arise.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/#charts

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:45:10 PM

Monero was launched before coinmarketcap began to track it (as i'm sure you know, but they don't call you spinmaster illodin for nothing)

I bought Monero at 85k satoshi's, others bought a lot lower than that... once again you make a shit argument in a failed attempt to defend your shit coin.
illodin

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:59:27 PM

Monero was launched before coinmarketcap began to track it (as i'm sure you know, but they don't call you spinmaster illodin for nothing)

I bought Monero at 85k satoshi's, others bought a lot lower than that... once again you make a shit argument in a failed attempt to defend your shit coin.

Well I just figured to refer a publicly recorded history of Monero price in the public markets. If you want to make up your own version of the history then by all means do so, but also allow me to seek for the independent publicly verifiable information in turn.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:16:21 PM

Oh yes, illodin the fact-seeker. Because a price of $2.50 right from the genesis block is a more plausible scenario to you?  Roll Eyes

In any case, this is all besides the point. The price of an asset has little to do with how credible it is. Bitcoin fell from $30 to $2.. must be a giant scam. So what's your point exactly? That the price of Monero somehow excuses unethical actions (and possibly criminal.. depending on Minotaur's jurisdiction) by the DASH Core team?
illodin

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:23:43 PM

Oh yes, illodin the fact-seeker. Because a price of $2.50 right from the genesis block is a more plausible scenario to you?  Roll Eyes

In any case, this is all besides the point. The price of an asset has little to do with how credible it is. Bitcoin fell from $30 to $2.. must be a giant scam. So what's your point exactly? That the price of Monero somehow excuses unethical actions (and possibly criminal.. depending on Minotaur's jurisdiction) by the DASH Core team?

I think when the publicly available markets open i.e. the market finds the valuation, that is a good starting point.

My point is actually on topic here, which is that Monero is not "UP", but instead it is DOWN ever since the beginning of the recorded history of its public markets.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:33:26 PM

Sure, well while we're scraping the bottom of the barrel, the price of Monero is actually UP from zero. But it's nice to see you're focusing on the important points ill "i deleted my wallets but still spend 90% of my time defending a shitcoin on bitcointalk" odin  Grin

DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 08:08:33 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 11:21:13 PM by DrkLvr_

LOL @ THIS:

Minotaur26 whenever he's reminded of the above post:

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 08:26:32 PM

People are righteously affraid because Ewan can decide anytime to get out and become ultra-rich. That instamine "glitch" is costing and gonna cost Dash in the future, by now, because of the best fundamentals among other coins, it should've replaced Litecoin, but it's not happening and the big question is if it will. Thing is, and maybe it sounds insane, but if Ewan destroyed most of his stash, that would launch Dash to like 100-200x the price now. Maybe a smart move to do - that would end this "instamine" drama once and forever.

The problem with your idea is Evan does not have a huge stash to destroy. There were a lot of coins mined by whoever was there mining they did not go to him in particular, just a portion. The largest holders are all investors that bought in exchanges.

LOL @ THIS:

June 2: Dark-coin @ 0.0124 BTC
Today:  Dark-coin @ 0.0071 BTC

Gain/Loss: -57%

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:46:03 PM

Looks like back then DASH was $2.76 a piece, and today it's down 15% from that. I've seen worse. Actually if he had sold a few weeks after he would've gotten 15% profits! If you hold any asset long enough it's likely at some point it's going to be lower than you bought.

On the other hand, I just checked coinmarketcap, and it looks like Monero has been in descent its whole existence $2.50 => $0.42.

I love how you left out the part where Dash actually went over $20 per dark/xcoin/dash/whatever and has been FALLING EVER SINCE.

Smiley It's no wonder people see you as a "spinner"...you spin things to make them appear one way when they are in fact not the same.

You took Monero's entire price existence (most of it) and used that to compare with Darkcoin/Dash.

Dash is then down probably 90% from its high and monero is not even close to 90% in fiat terms if you want to use that valuation mechanism.

Please spin harder.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:52:08 PM

A huge portion of the fiat price drops are due to Bitcoin and the whole universe dropping with speculative money either evaporating altogether due to large BTC (and to a lesser extent LTC) holdings being worth less, or just leaving the sector as people go chase after big gains in real estate or tech stocks or whatever else is "hot" now.

I don't really see how either coin does well when compared with early 2014. I'd call it a tie by double default (both having done terribly).

LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:30:24 AM

Another reason why those who know what they are talking about choose Monero over DASH:
https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3s085o/why_the_altcoin_takeover_scenario_has_become_a/cwt2prf

Monero is anonymous and DASH is not.

Many cryptography experts have said good things about Monero. Good luck naming one who has said anything positive about DASH cryptography.

DASH is snake oil sold to the uneducated. Nothing more
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 05:47:35 AM

Another reason why those who know what they are talking about choose Monero over DASH:
https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3s085o/why_the_altcoin_takeover_scenario_has_become_a/cwt2prf

Monero is anonymous and DASH is not.

Many cryptography experts have said good things about Monero. Good luck naming one who has said anything positive about DASH cryptography.

DASH is snake oil sold to the uneducated. Nothing more

Monero is fungible, DASH is not.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
illodin

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:44:03 AM

Looks like back then DASH was $2.76 a piece, and today it's down 15% from that. I've seen worse. Actually if he had sold a few weeks after he would've gotten 15% profits! If you hold any asset long enough it's likely at some point it's going to be lower than you bought.

On the other hand, I just checked coinmarketcap, and it looks like Monero has been in descent its whole existence $2.50 => $0.42.

I love how you left out the part where Dash actually went over $20 per dark/xcoin/dash/whatever and has been FALLING EVER SINCE.

Smiley It's no wonder people see you as a "spinner"...you spin things to make them appear one way when they are in fact not the same.

You took Monero's entire price existence (most of it) and used that to compare with Darkcoin/Dash.

Dash is then down probably 90% from its high and monero is not even close to 90% in fiat terms if you want to use that valuation mechanism.

Please spin harder.

I simply commented on the timespan for DASH that you referred to in your "LOL @ THIS" post which should've been clear even to you unless you don't even read what you quote (or try to OMG spin things?).

And as with Monero, I didn't even take its ATH but the beginning of documented public market trade history instead, although we can inspect the ATH as well if you like. If you find recommendations of buying/selling Monero then we can compare how those have fared but until then examining the whole public market history seemed the most neutral.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:00:01 PM

Kiss
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 01:01:51 PM

Please spin harder.

I simply commented on the timespan for DASH that you referred to in your "LOL @ THIS" post which should've been clear even to you unless you don't even read what you quote (or try to OMG spin things?).

And as with Monero, I didn't even take its ATH but the beginning of documented public market trade history instead, although we can inspect the ATH as well if you like. If you find recommendations of buying/selling Monero then we can compare how those have fared but until then examining the whole public market history seemed the most neutral.

No you didn't - you took the time period discussed for DASH (June 2015) and for Monero's timespan you used since it was listed on coinmarketcap (May 2014). You must be getting dizzy from all that spinning. Go ahead and compare them from equal timeframes, and also from ATH. (Not that it matters anyway, DASH is a huge scam regardless of either coin's price.)

Aleix, not really sure what you're trying to say with your screenshot. Are you saying DASH is legitimate because it's currently priced higher than other shitcoins? Keep in mind Bernie Madoff siphoned 65 Billion from investors over 25 years before the fraud was exposed and it all came tumbling down. For Evan, the fraud has already been exposed.. just a waiting game now.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 01:20:38 PM

Aleix, not really sure what you're trying to say with your screenshot.

Just answering the title of the thread (one of the dumbest threads of Bitcointalk BTW). You should stay on topic IMO.

Dedicated to Icetroller, our most beloved pet troll.
illodin

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 01:54:19 PM

Aleix, not really sure what you're trying to say with your screenshot. Are you saying DASH is legitimate because it's currently priced higher than other shitcoins? Keep in mind Bernie Madoff siphoned 65 Billion from investors over 25 years before the fraud was exposed and it all came tumbling down. For Evan, the fraud has already been exposed.. just a waiting game now.

Are you stupid or just pretending to be one? Thread topic is "DASH Collapsing Monero UP" and his screenshot says "Monero Collapsing EVERYTHING ELSE UP".

That's it. He's not saying anything about any Bernie Madoffs or Evans who are off topic in this thread anyway.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:07:37 PM

Are you stupid or just pretending to be one? Thread topic is "DASH Collapsing Monero UP" and his screenshot says "Monero Collapsing EVERYTHING ELSE UP".

That's it. He's not saying anything about any Bernie Madoffs or Evans who are off topic in this thread anyway.

Spin spin spin spin

Hey stupid idiot, you getting mad? If it's off-topic the thread creator can delete my posts.

Conveniently you "forgot" to respond to this:

No you didn't - you took the time period discussed for DASH (June 2015) and for Monero's timespan you used since it was listed on coinmarketcap (May 2014). You must be getting dizzy from all that spinning. Go ahead and compare them from equal timeframes, and also from ATH. (Not that it matters anyway, DASH is a huge scam regardless of either coin's price.

illodin

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:18:48 PM

Hey stupid idiot, you getting mad? If it's off-topic the thread creator can delete my posts.

Conveniently you "forgot" to respond to this:

No you didn't - you took the time period discussed for DASH (June 2015) and for Monero's timespan you used since it was listed on coinmarketcap (May 2014). You must be getting dizzy from all that spinning. Go ahead and compare them from equal timeframes, and also from ATH. (Not that it matters anyway, DASH is a huge scam regardless of either coin's price.

Looks like it's rather you who's steaming and spinning things. You're starting to look like a 5th grader. And why would I respond to nonsensical demands of comparing all kinds of things just because I posted a couple of facts. If you're so interested in them do your own research and publish your findings here. Or go present them to your momma I'm sure she's more interested than the people here.

And so far it seems like the thread creator has only been deleting objective on-topic posts that don't fit the agenda he's driving so I doubt he's gonna delete yours.  Roll Eyes
XERES

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:28:56 PM

if i may be so 'noobish' but i never really understood what drove moneros price, its not anonymous and i dont think it can be mined so i am curious a to what is unique about it. clearly something is because its been around for a long time

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: