Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:01:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlecoin.org - Multiplayer bomberman clone  (Read 27468 times)
holorga (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 05:22:15 PM

Ok, preliminary spectating has been implemented, you can now watch games other people are playing live (games you didn't join)

Some work has been done on preloading images before starting a game, seems like ff is having issues with this (still requests images from the server) will work on this further.

working on replays now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:27:06 PM

sry for late replies I was away for a bit.

Also I got the same problem of going out of the walls , that I reported in the starting of the month .
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1010288.msg10964912#msg10964912

Yup, I'm aware of that issue, I've been working on other things, but now this has been resolved.

Definitely much better, but not sure what kind of fix was implemented. It doesn't happen that often, but still does, and instead of walking on the wall or the bricks, it comes back with a small lag from the place it went off the normal path.
The lag is still an issue for me, I get around 150 for that.
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:35:52 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 06:51:16 PM by holorga

Definitely much better, but not sure what kind of fix was implemented. It doesn't happen that often, but still does, and instead of walking on the wall or the bricks, it comes back with a small lag from the place it went off the normal path.

I believe that bug with passing through walls is totally resolved now, you can never actually go through a wall and for example place a bomb on the other side. if it shows on your computer that you passed through, it is due to a connection loss or very low ping.

thing with slightly going over the obstacle is clearly visible with bad pings (150 is I think too high for playing I think, you should probably wait for me to start a server closer to you) It's still slightly visible with ok pings, but it doesn't affect gameplay, I will work on tweaks that will deal with this a bit later, its not a priority atm.

what was implemented now is that you can watch someone else playing the game, if you click on an already running game.
and this a step towards the ability to watch replays of games that have ended. I need this debug individual games.

sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:56:53 PM

I believe that bug with passing through walls is totally resolved now, you can never actually go through a wall and for example place a bomb on the other side. if it shows on your computer that you passed through, it is due to a connection loss or very low ping.

thing with slightly going over the obstacle is clearly visible with bad pings (150 is I think too high for playing I think, you should probably wait for me to start a server closer to you) It's still slightly visible with ok pings, but it doesn't affect gameplay, I will work on tweaks that will deal with this a bit later, its not a priority atm.

what was implemented now is that you can watch someone else playing the game, if you click on an already running game.
and this a step towards the ability to watch replays of games that have ended. I need this debug individual games.

Yeah, I did feel it was due to bad ping this time, unlike last time, when it used to happen if I use to press opposite keys too quickly. Would wait for a server near me then. Thanks for the update . Nice to see the site progressing well.
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 11:43:45 PM

Yeah, I did feel it was due to bad ping this time, unlike last time, when it used to happen if I use to press opposite keys too quickly. Would wait for a server near me then. Thanks for the update . Nice to see the site progressing well.

we just played a bit, and this thing with passing through a wall for a bit is pretty annoying Smiley I'll make it a high priority.

holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 07:38:32 PM

proper previous game summary has been implemented,
and initial implementation of game replays

holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 05:59:47 PM

small update, now all the images for a game will be preloaded and characters won't flicker and will render properly in game (some versions of ff had an issue with this)

also experimenting with audio. you should hear a sound when someone joins your game, it won't work on my ff on linux but its fine in chrome. will fix

this is a small quick update, a big update that I'm working on are tournaments & faucet mode

lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:32:23 PM

small update, now all the images for a game will be preloaded and characters won't flicker and will render properly in game (some versions of ff had an issue with this)

also experimenting with audio. you should hear a sound when someone joins your game, it won't work on my ff on linux but its fine in chrome. will fix

this is a small quick update, a big update that I'm working on are tournaments & faucet mode

Pretty much have some tournament, thats great idea for faucet and tournament. When you fix it?
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 06:36:12 PM

Pretty much have some tournament, thats great idea for faucet and tournament. When you fix it?

I don't know, I'll need to do a lot of testing for this, tournaments will show up in a few days, and real faucet tournaments within a week, I hope.

Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:51:30 PM

I don't know, I'll need to do a lot of testing for this, tournaments will show up in a few days, and real faucet tournaments within a week, I hope.

I remember that you said you would work on different games? Is that still the case? Will we see different multiplayer games, dont get me wrong i know its hard to develop them by yourself i was just curious.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 07:02:51 PM

I remember that you said you would work on different games? Is that still the case? Will we see different multiplayer games, dont get me wrong i know its hard to develop them by yourself i was just curious.

Yes, I will get more people on board and work on more games once bomberman is working totally smoothly and if people show interest in this whole idea.

feel free to let me know about which games you'd like to see

98problems

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:24:43 PM

how to claim a faucet on this game? i was searching for button though i ant find it

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:29:57 PM

how to claim a faucet on this game? i was searching for button though i ant find it

Pretty sure faucet mode is a working progress, we are waiting on the battlecoin CEO to announce this and then the press will be all over it.
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 07:32:06 PM

no faucet yet

vendetahome

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:48:25 PM

its nice to see such type of a gambling sites, it would have bunch of players
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:03:33 PM

How is this going with development ?
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:09:24 PM

When I test play it ....all look better and better. My childhood favorite game come true into bitcoin games.
Really awesome

Yeah sure it will especially from a brand where many people around the world ever played bomberman game

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 04:21:50 PM

I slowed down these days a bit (needed a break), but picking up speed again, was working on internal things, like logging and such,
tournaments + faucet are the next feature that will be visible on the outside.

and I think most important thing then (after another round of bugfixing) will be moving movement simulation to clientside to avoid lag with your own character entirely, I find it annoying

When I test play it ....all look better and better. My childhood favorite game come true into bitcoin games.
Really awesome

Yeah sure it will especially from a brand where many people around the world ever played bomberman game

thanks for all the great feedback!

I'm a bit worried though, this site needs a lot of visitors in order to function as you play against other people, and I only had 600 unique visitors total.
I'm hoping faucet mode tournaments + reddit or something will make it more popular.

we'll see!

thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:56:46 PM

I was trying out your website on my mobile and I wasn't able to get past the login screen. Here is a screenshot:

Is the game supported on mobile? Even if its not then is the site supposed to behave like this?  Roll Eyes

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 06:13:34 PM

I was trying out your website on my mobile and I wasn't able to get past the login screen. Here is a screenshot:

Is the game supported on mobile? Even if its not then is the site supposed to behave like this?  Roll Eyes

Mobile is not supported yet, but the game runs fine on my android, but you cannot move Smiley I need to make it react to touch events, definitely planned for a near future.

This is some javascript error. didn't make a proper error message about this yet, will do that now.
which phone are you on? didn't test it on apple products. your resolution seems huge btw.

mobile chrome should work

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: