Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:27:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlecoin.org - Multiplayer bomberman clone  (Read 27468 times)
holorga (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 11:12:56 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2015, 11:34:29 AM by holorga

It's easy to see it if you press the movement button and "just after it" the space button (nearly contemporary, but first movement button), I think that the bomb should stay on the square before, where the character was before moving.
The character is just few pixel on the next square, the majority of its image is still on the initial square, so it's here that I think that the bomb should drop.

yeah, even if you are one pixel in the next "block", the game considers you being in that block, I'll play with it, see if I feel the way you do and fix it up

- edit -

OH! you know what's the problem? the game waits for key up to drop a bomb, it should drop it on key down.
great feedback, thanks!

Also, I see that if I maintain pushed the space button, the bomb doesn't drop, I have to release it to drop the bomb. Maybe it's better to drop the bomb just by pressing the space button.
Anyway, this is just my opinion ...

you are totally right, will implement this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 11:32:42 AM

@Hostfat, I implemented both things you mentioned, feels much better now.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 12:50:51 PM

oh yes! Now I think that it's perfect Cheesy

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:01:07 PM

Hey people, I've been working on a multiplayer game platform for a while, made my own web engine, graphics engine and a game engine.
(the idea is to make not gambling games but skill based games, (optionally winner takes bitcoin from other players))

first game implemented is bomberman.

this is a super alpha, can't play for btc yet, I'd like to see if people are interested, get some bug reports and play against someone Cheesy

http://lobby.bitcoinlab.org

new games will be built on top of this, bomberman is just a test.
and it supports multiple web servers (regions) so that everyone can have a low ping.

thanks!

PS

there is a small bug with character movement that doesn't influence gameplay, annoying to fix, will fix it

Congrats on the site and game Smiley I like the idea of gambling p2p via skill games and the house just take a rake, so similar to poker where you can actually be making +ev bets if your skill level is high, if this your end goal?

The biggest problem is having games people will flock to play, looking at gambit.com the traffic is low.  I've been trying to think of a system to match player vs player in any online multiplayer game they wish so they can gamble on any p2p multiplayer game.  I'd love to play on that exact type of system myself as i like various games all over the web.  Currently me and a few other fourm members are doing this system manually and using our word alone to make good on bets - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=962358.0  - Im interested in working to make some of our system automated but dont know how.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 01:40:08 PM

Man, this is a shitload of fun. Just played a few rounds as Digital ray 189 and I just changed my name to Mitchell. If anyone wants to play, I'll be here for a few minutes. Wink

EDIT: I love the avatars by the way.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 01:42:16 PM

Congrats on the site and game Smiley I like the idea of gambling p2p via skill games and the house just take a rake, so similar to poker where you can actually be making +ev bets if your skill level is high, if this your end goal?
Yeah, that's the idea, I think all games of luck are too banal. I really like a thought of someone earning by being good at bomberman for example Cheesy

The biggest problem is having games people will flock to play, looking at gambit.com the traffic is low.  I've been trying to think of a system to match player vs player in any online multiplayer game they wish so they can gamble on any p2p multiplayer game.  I'd love to play on that exact type of system myself as i like various games all over the web.  Currently me and a few other fourm members are doing this system manually and using our word alone to make good on bets - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=962358.0  - Im interested in working to make some of our system automated but dont know how.

Yeah, I thought about this. It can be done, but not in a general sense, you'd need to be able to verify who won, so I guess you'd have to hook into each individual game.
or you could actually pay people to spectate and decide on the winner, which is super ugly.

which games are people into?
I'm up for a work on something like that. this could be a platform for it.

holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 01:42:45 PM

Man, this is a shitload of fun. Just played a few rounds as Digital ray 189 and I just changed my name to Mitchell. If anyone wants to play, I'll be here for a few minutes. Wink

EDIT: I love the avatars by the way.

haha this is a perfect response, this is what I hoped to get from people.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 01:50:08 PM

Thanks for playing with me holorga. That was intense! Will be back for more, that's something I know for sure!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Coinbuddy

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:55:08 PM

Well done!
You did it!

See these threads: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=791922.0
                           https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775550.0

I abandoned these ideas because they are illegal
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 01:56:52 PM

Well done!
You did it!

Care to tell us why they are illegal? As you don't say anything about it being illegal in your topics and there are a shitload of bomberman games available online.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Coinbuddy

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:57:16 PM

Hey people, I've been working on a multiplayer game platform for a while, made my own web engine, graphics engine and a game engine.
(the idea is to make not gambling games but skill based games, (optionally winner takes bitcoin from other players))

first game implemented is bomberman.

this is a super alpha, can't play for btc yet, I'd like to see if people are interested, get some bug reports and play against someone Cheesy

http://lobby.bitcoinlab.org

new games will be built on top of this, bomberman is just a test.
and it supports multiple web servers (regions) so that everyone can have a low ping.

thanks!

PS

there is a small bug with character movement that doesn't influence gameplay, annoying to fix, will fix it

why you don't have good domain?
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:57:48 PM

I flippin love it.
Coinbuddy

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:58:20 PM

Well done!
You did it!

Care to tell us why they are illegal? As you don't say anything about it being illegal in your topics and there are a shitload of bomberman games available online.

HaHa!
They are illegal in my country.
Now i am working on something big Cheesy
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:03:57 PM

Yeah, that's the idea, I think all games of luck are too banal. I really like a thought of someone earning by being good at bomberman for example Cheesy

Good idea and totally agree, poker for instance you have to become a robot to earn, and it gets very boring.  I like hand eye coordinated web browser multiplayer games, anyone can play and some take a great deal of skill.

Yeah, I thought about this. It can be done, but not in a general sense, you'd need to be able to verify who won, so I guess you'd have to hook into each individual game.
or you could actually pay people to spectate and decide on the winner, which is super ugly.

I know it cant be done and run 100% automated for sure, the verification of winner process could mostly work via honestly reporting.  Disputes could be resolved on the same logic as how ebay feedback system works + low betting limits for newbies.  For the safe and paranoid screen record is possible (but ugly) as some proof.  Pretty sure observation is super ugly like you say.

I've gambled with people here mostly at miniclip 8ball pool and royalgames 9ball pool, other games have been suggested.  Pool is a great idea for a btc gambling game, very popular if the game plays good.

I'd like to work on this system, i cant code but could run it, if when you have some spare time would you be interested? no worries if busy or you think it cant work. Smiley

holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 02:45:06 PM

why you don't have good domain?

haha I think bitcoinlab.org is a pretty good domain, no?

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 02:47:19 PM

Agreed. I mean, if it ever gets active it should have it's own domain, but for now? Why not. Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 02:48:30 PM

Good idea and totally agree, poker for instance you have to become a robot to earn, and it gets very boring.  I like hand eye coordinated web browser multiplayer games, anyone can play and some take a great deal of skill.

I know it cant be done and run 100% automated for sure, the verification of winner process could mostly work via honestly reporting.  Disputes could be resolved on the same logic as how ebay feedback system works + low betting limits for newbies.  For the safe and paranoid screen record is possible (but ugly) as some proof.  Pretty sure observation is super ugly like you say.

I've gambled with people here mostly at miniclip 8ball pool and royalgames 9ball pool, other games have been suggested.  Pool is a great idea for a btc gambling game, very popular if the game plays good.

I'd like to work on this system, i cant code but could run it, if when you have some spare time would you be interested? no worries if busy or you think it cant work. Smiley

you are right, feedback + disputes + honest reporting is good enough, lets keep in touch. will work on this for now, but feel free to email me and we can talk, contact@bitcoinlab.org

holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 03:26:10 PM

Agreed. I mean, if it ever gets active it should have it's own domain, but for now? Why not. Grin

bought battlecoin.org & battlecoin.net, will be online later today. open for better suggestions (maybe pm, because people like to steal & resell domains)

WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:28:16 PM

bought battlecoin.org & battlecoin.net, will be online later today. open for better suggestions (maybe pm, because people like to steal & resell domains)

Both awesome names imo, short and easy to remember will be keeping an eye out for this!
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 03:46:17 PM

http://battlecoin.org online. working on match replays and I'm enabling deposits when this is done.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: