Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:40:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlecoin.org - Multiplayer bomberman clone  (Read 27465 times)
grnqrtr

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:53:22 PM

It's been a while since I have checked in on this game.  It still seems like there aren't very many players (especially in Japan).  I hope this gets more popular.  Have you considered running a signature campaign?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 05:09:38 PM

It's been a while since I have checked in on this game.  It still seems like there aren't very many players (especially in Japan).  I hope this gets more popular.  Have you considered running a signature campaign?

yah the sad thing is that it is not getting a lot of opponents to play in the server. it is really a great concept and good gameplay but should try to reach out to more people.
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 12:08:57 PM

yah the sad thing is that it is not getting a lot of opponents to play in the server. it is really a great concept and good gameplay but should try to reach out to more people.

A signature campaign would really help with that, but maybe they can't afford that right now.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:11:02 PM

Hopefully the evs come back soon and update it, we need more content and better performance to keep a more steady userbase. I think if the game was more control reponsible and the lag got solved it would be a massive hit. The fact that we are still in the early days of Bitcoin adoption don't help, but it's better to be a pioneer and be one of the first devs making this type of game before it all becomes trendy.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:35:52 PM

I think what he should of done is made it Pacman or Mario Bros or something else similar. Don't think too many people like the Bomberman game.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
thejaytiesto
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:32:56 PM

I think what he should of done is made it Pacman or Mario Bros or something else similar. Don't think too many people like the Bomberman game.

Actually I think Bomberman is one of the most loved games within the arcade community. Now, at a mainstream level, you are probably right and Pacman is the number 1 than most casual people would love to play, but I think a 4 player Pacman would be a bit of a mess, or maybe its actually fun im not sure.

But to get the approval of the arcade community the devs still need to get rid of all the lag.
RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 12:47:07 PM

Actually I think Bomberman is one of the most loved games within the arcade community. Now, at a mainstream level, you are probably right and Pacman is the number 1 than most casual people would love to play, but I think a 4 player Pacman would be a bit of a mess, or maybe its actually fun im not sure.

But to get the approval of the arcade community the devs still need to get rid of all the lag.

I remember that they had mentioned that they hired someone and would be fixing the lag problem shortly, but I read about this a LONG time ago.  I wonder what ever happened with that.  I would play a lot more, but most of the players aren't near me and the lag isn't worth the bet.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:45:52 PM

Pool is probably number 1 check out the most simple type played games around the internet p2p, also with pool lag is less of an issue as you dont get an advantage by having a better connection.

We need pool Grin
thejaytiesto
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:21:28 PM

Hey what happened to this game. I used to play a lot and I was hopping for further updates. Has the lag been improved since the last time I posted (which was about the last time I tested it). I remember it was decent in Google Chrome but definitely still needed a lot of work.

Pool is probably number 1 check out the most simple type played games around the internet p2p, also with pool lag is less of an issue as you dont get an advantage by having a better connection.

We need pool Grin

Yeah I would love to play some pool for BTC. I remember when I played Carom 3D, it was really really huge back in the day, everyone played it. If you add BTC to a game like that, it would become exciting to play again. Right now I couldn't be bothered, but playing for BTC would spice things up.
JasonXG

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:05:09 PM

I love this idea and love bomberman bbut there never seems to be anyone online to ever play with so i have barely practiced. I can't even say if it's fun or not .  Cry
RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 06:18:17 AM

I love this idea and love bomberman bbut there never seems to be anyone online to ever play with so i have barely practiced. I can't even say if it's fun or not .  Cry

I completely agree.  It's a cool concept and could be a lot of fun if there were more people playing it.  If they could fix the lag issue, I bet more people would be willing to play.  I played for a few days, but I had to wait a long time in between games until someone would play with me.  It would also attract more players if they added more games instead of just bomberman.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:32:40 PM

The problem it seems to be that the developer was running out of time and funds so he had to stop working on it full time, please someone must fund this to push the development forward and make it more responsive and also make a marketing campaign to bring more people by advertising it, there must be a lot of people that dont even imagine there is a bitcoin game like this. Lets keep this thread alive at least.
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 08:38:42 AM

I contacted the dev before my event in April to see if I could show this game at my event as I haven't seen such a well design / planned Bitcoin game before like this.

I've had no reply either from the PM or email sent. Hope we can keep this project alive.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:38:12 AM

I contacted the dev before my event in April to see if I could show this game at my event as I haven't seen such a well design / planned Bitcoin game before like this.

I've had no reply either from the PM or email sent. Hope we can keep this project alive.

Good thing someone replied to this thread and I'm really glad that I found this website. By the looks of it, this thread doesn't get that much replies and the website is officially dead. There's only 1 user online and I guess it was me.

Too bad because I really do love the UI and everything about the website. It's really really well designed and the concept is really great. I hope someone reads this thread and start funding this website. Having a signature ad campaign will really be good for advertising this website. I do believe that this website will become a hit someday because most of us loved playing bomberman before we all get addicted to the Internet.

holorga (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:04:24 AM

oh shit I might have missed this or thought it might have been a mass email, sorry! if this is still an option, I'm around.

--

to reply to other stuff.

Yeah, like people have been saying, this was a looooot of work, everything is custom made as what was available from technology wasn't good enough.
I actually started working on 3D & mobile http://battlecoin.org/webgl

but it never got popular enough to sustain the development, on the contrary. and after a year of part time work and a year of full time work I ended up too poor to continue and got a full time job. I think this needed a year more of work/research/advertising/changing stuff, to figure out how to get players interested but I was in an annoying place and needed a change. Tried to get a silicon valley investment (Boost VC) but didn't manage to. https://www.leet.gg/ got serious money so I was hoping they'd be keen. this also needed some more work, but didn't have time.

People that do come and stay are really really enthusiastic (like you people, thanks!) but for some reason most people don't stick around Sad couldn't figure it out.
Hoped tournaments/3d/lag fixes would help. I don't know.

Pools would actually be way easier to implement!

I won't turn this site off, it will keep running as that's cheap.

Novep

Activity: 332

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:12:32 AM

It would help if you guys could do promotions or something. I have just came accross here and this is the only pvp game I came accross that pas bitcoin. This is an awesome project and if it will gain more supporters then this could really be a fun place for people who enjoys pvp gambling.

██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
|
WINGS           
Where DAO Unicorns are born
|
1st Bitcoin & Ethereum DAO for DAOs
1st Decentralized Chatbot to Smart Contracts Interaction System

|
Wings Bounties Earn Eggs
X-Blockchain DAO

holorga (OP)

Activity: 354

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:16:22 AM

It would help if you guys could do promotions or something. I have just came accross here and this is the only pvp game I came accross that pas bitcoin. This is an awesome project and if it will gain more supporters then this could really be a fun place for people who enjoys pvp gambling.

thanks, I think we have a good offer for advertisers,
http://battlecoin.org/referus

you get 100 satoshi per person (but this is just a way to get some dust to play with if you are missing some)
more importantly, you get 10% of our earnings from each user you bring for forever.

but as the site didn't take off and has earned like 50$ total since the launch haha, this is not profitable, we'd need a 1000 active users for it to be sustaining I think.

for some reason most people don't stick around

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2016, 08:29:11 AM

oh shit I might have missed this or thought it might have been a mass email, sorry! if this is still an option, I'm around.

No problem bud, glad all is ok and your keeping it live Smiley

I do love the game and need to brainstorm how to promote it best as I know a lot of old school gamers who used to love this game! Could be a good way to get people interested in bitcoin

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:45:16 AM

Yup, this could result in a growing shortage of people who want to use the game, because the game is very little being. And the lack of interest in this may occur because the Desaign less attractive and a bit of a classic. The shortage of players can result in a lack of opponents. I hope in the future of this game could be popular and many opponents.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:47:52 AM

I really enjoy this game as an alternative to chopcoin.io, and the faucet + chat is just great.

But please, fix the lag. It's getting on my nerves already Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: