Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:49:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlecoin.org - Multiplayer bomberman clone  (Read 27465 times)
holorga (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 03:15:17 PM

epic games! i like the pixel concept and idea on bomberman feel like in 90's!. i just registered and played quick match to test how it works unfortunately it's very hard to play since the game is not responsive. it's like laggy move , would be better if you add onscreen pad or whatever thing that can make it faster respond/responsive. Goodluck!

thanks! about game being slow - this is a ping issue. (check that small number on the left side of the screen, under your server name. if ping is under 50, should work ok) to help mitigate this for more people I added US and Asian servers.

I will add an onscreen pad for touch devices yes, the game works really well on android, just need to make the controls.

also, getting some good info from people playing in the last few days, thanks everyone!
a lot of bugs have been fixed and a lot of small features implemented (faq added, server display next to nicknames, and some such)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 03:18:46 PM

Just tried it now, why haven't I seen this one before. Really liked the interface, no lag issues, and I just love this game.
I think I will probably give it a go. I don't have much time now, just tried to solo mode, I really hope there is a decent player base, so I can play vs others.

thanks! polishing things up in the next few days, and getting ready to start getting more players with advertising and tournaments for bigger bitcoin rewards, we'll anounce it on our fb (https://www.facebook.com/btclab) or twitter (https://twitter.com/BitcoinLab) if you'd like to be notified.

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:21:09 PM

epic games! i like the pixel concept and idea on bomberman feel like in 90's!. i just registered and played quick match to test how it works unfortunately it's very hard to play since the game is not responsive. it's like laggy move , would be better if you add onscreen pad or whatever thing that can make it faster respond/responsive. Goodluck!

thanks! about game being slow - this is a ping issue. (check that small number on the left side of the screen, under your server name. if ping is under 50, should work ok) to help mitigate this for more people I added US and Asian servers.

I will add an onscreen pad for touch devices yes, the game works really well on android, just need to make the controls.

also, getting some good info from people playing in the last few days, thanks everyone!
a lot of bugs have been fixed and a lot of small features implemented (faq added, server display next to nicknames, and some such)

hmm I wonder how you will do this. Like point and click? Or trace a path for it. I'm so used to play it on keyboard, that I don't know how it will go on a touch screen. "I like" when I get stuck because I pressed the wrong key, it's part of the skill, and I think that will go away with a touch device.
Need to try it though. Playing it on my phone/tablet would be great.

holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 03:24:01 PM

hmm I wonder how you will do this. Like point and click? Or trace a path for it. I'm so used to play it on keyboard, that I don't know how it will go on a touch screen. "I like" when I get stuck because I pressed the wrong key, it's part of the skill, and I think that will go away with a touch device.
Need to try it though. Playing it on my phone/tablet would be great.

yeah, I won't do path tracing (like wherever you move the finger the player goes) it would change the playing experience too much.

I think I'll do a hovering semi-transparent gamepad, but also you can just drag the finger in the direction you want the player to go. I think. I'll experiment, need to get a tablet Smiley

(this won't help with the responsiveness though, players just need to be close to the game servers and have good interent connectons / not download anything)

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 04:00:28 PM

Your game looks great and its a simple game that kids can do it play.. But for now you need to put bot as enemy in vs game mode While waiting for real human enemy..
Is just my suggestion..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 04:14:16 PM

Your game looks great and its a simple game that kids can do it play.. But for now you need to put bot as enemy in vs game mode While waiting for real human enemy..
Is just my suggestion..

I think the main thing is to play for bitcoin, and you can't do that with a bot..
also, work on a bot would I think take longer then work to get more players in Smiley, I count on tournaments to bring more people.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:22:57 PM

Is just my suggestion..

I think the main thing is to play for bitcoin, and you can't do that with a bot..
also, work on a bot would I think take longer then work to get more players in Smiley, I count on tournaments to bring more people.
Is just for a selection if there is no other player that you can fight you can choose Player vs computer mode (bitcoin involve) while waiting to another player that want to fight to another player...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:31:31 PM

Is just my suggestion..

Is just for a selection if there is no other player that you can fight you can choose Player vs computer mode (bitcoin involve) while waiting to another player that want to fight to another player...

can't really find a way to make it balanced, a good player could come and take 1000 bitcoin, or it would be unbeateable.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 07:39:58 AM

It seems that there is a bug where sometime the player can't leave the game. (in the waiting room)

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 08:06:16 AM

It seems that there is a bug where sometime the player can't leave the game. (in the waiting room)

yeah, noticed it, will restart the server to clear this
pls let me know if you find out how to reproduce this.

pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:41:42 AM

wow, this game is pretty cool. keep up the good work!  Cool

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:56:30 AM

Just checked out the new site update, very slick look couldn't be much better.

When people join a game if they dont click ready within a certain time does the system boot them out?
katerniko1
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:05:41 AM

i have tried it long time ago but then suddenly i havent seen any notice untill now Cheesy
glad to see game is now getting working up with deposits Cheesy
ill try to find someone to play with Cheesy
regards.
-Katerniko1
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 11:00:12 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 11:12:23 AM by holorga

Just checked out the new site update, very slick look couldn't be much better.

When people join a game if they dont click ready within a certain time does the system boot them out?

it doesn't kick them, but yes, that's totally required Smiley I'm working on a 'vote kick' feature today, together with some other small things.

then rematch and 'join next match' buttons and some kind of persistent chat with ppl you play with

holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 11:00:36 AM

very very happy to see people on the site!
submit bug reports/feature requests!

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 03:04:28 PM

Absolutely awesome! Some games have crashed a few times on my but awesome game!

You need any servers in the UK, let me know I've got 2 UK data centres (One is under development), speed from EU server side is good tho

Is there any sound effects in the game itself?

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 03:54:52 PM

cool idea. games and bitcoin are a natural fit.

sound would be nice  Smiley

good luck with that project!

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:04:57 PM

I really like the new layout but even with US and EU servers it is horrible lag for me, any chance of a Australasia server ?
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 04:09:01 PM

I really like the new layout but even with US and EU servers it is horrible lag for me, any chance of a Australasia server ?

definetely, there is a server in Tokyo now, its not good for you?
should probably start one in australia and see if it gets any players

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 04:13:34 PM

Just seen someone post this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1259098

http://bitcoinist.net/battlecoin-org-new-bitcoin-bomberman-experience/

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: