Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:00:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GMC] GameCredits • A Multi-Platform Gaming Currency [GMC]  (Read 188343 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:02:46 PM

It appears that the chain is stuck at block 1096771. We are trying to determine why.

Do any of you know of a pool or solo miner who is currently making progress beyond this point? If so, can you please inform us either here or in PM so we might contact them? We are trying to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. There may be a mandatory wallet update in the immediate future as we determine what went wrong and make a fix.

Thank you!
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:17:46 PM

It was me who replied to your message to GMC Foundation on may 20th.
This is my reply to you in whole:
"First of all thanks for your concern about certain FUD on our thread. We appreciate that.
We're working on multiple projects, some of them done already some in final phases but we're waiting for apropriate climate to start announcing and publishing. What we have prepared is not seen in crypto before. We're even risking of keeping the price this low just because we don't want to rush anything. As for the volume, we all know there's one way to sort this and we'll start improving it starting tomorrow. We'll get there. After that, the market will take over. Anyway, we'd love to keep Bittrex, and vice versa."

Now would you point me to the part where i say updates tomorrow or a day after?

Btw i've lost 50k the very same day by sending those to Bittrex. The delist is due June 5th.
GMC   50000.00000000   GWasB1HGqjQAzDFyD1yAiMB5UfyKc63WEJ   2015-05-20 22:34:10   COMPLETE: 044a5e259990c791b98a8d8b31a05cd9cfe01d32c51e583eb3ae12a7afad88fd
it was clear that you said tomorrow
we'll start improving it starting tomorrow
now bittrex completely delist gmc from market
and at the june 5th they will remove the wallet
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:20:45 AM

Got no replies, so I'm assuming everyone is stuck.

I don't think there are currently any active pools. Mine is down, and will remain so for at least another day. Scorpion took his down when the whole freeze happened (well, ten hours later). So, I have a suggestion for everyone involved for the moment. If it works, it'll be good enough going forward. If it don't, I have a plan B that I'm running by the team already, which is a new version of the client that excludes all older versions from the network. This is relatively easy to do, but it WILL BE a mandatory update if it goes there.

In the meantime, I would like everyone who can do so to go into their gamecredits.conf file and add the line "gen=1" without the quotes, then stop and restart the client (daemon or QT, it will act the same). This will make your wallet mine via the cpu. If this breaks the stalemate on the chain, then we're pretty well good. I'll still put out a version of the wallet that excludes older clients, but it will be a bit into the future rather than an emergency matter. In which case we might be able to add some other interesting things to the next release rather than a rushed fix.

I and the rest of the team would very much appreciate it if y'all can do this, and if you would be so kind as to post here that you have.

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:02:27 AM

I don't think there are currently any active pools. Mine is down, and will remain so for at least another day. Scorpion took his down when the whole freeze happened (well, ten hours later). So, I have a suggestion for everyone involved for the moment. If it works, it'll be good enough going forward. If it don't, I have a plan B that I'm running by the team already, which is a new version of the client that excludes all older versions from the network. This is relatively easy to do, but it WILL BE a mandatory update if it goes there.

In the meantime, I would like everyone who can do so to go into their gamecredits.conf file and add the line "gen=1" without the quotes, then stop and restart the client (daemon or QT, it will act the same). This will make your wallet mine via the cpu. If this breaks the stalemate on the chain, then we're pretty well good. I'll still put out a version of the wallet that excludes older clients, but it will be a bit into the future rather than an emergency matter. In which case we might be able to add some other interesting things to the next release rather than a rushed fix.

I and the rest of the team would very much appreciate it if y'all can do this, and if you would be so kind as to post here that you have.

Biomech, I dont think solomining will help, because the wallet will not sync. I too am stuck on same block you mentioned. I DO think a rushed/emergency fix is required as the coin is stopped dead. I think your best bet is to get in touch with Noise23 and/or Thundertoe and ask for help. This is a good coin youve got here, please ask for assistance so it can be working again. The longer the coin is stagnant the more it loses interest, this coin was really gaining traction. Please be diligent and dont let it die.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:36:31 AM

Biomech, I dont think solomining will help, because the wallet will not sync. I too am stuck on same block you mentioned. I DO think a rushed/emergency fix is required as the coin is stopped dead. I think your best bet is to get in touch with Noise23 and/or Thundertoe and ask for help. This is a good coin youve got here, please ask for assistance so it can be working again. The longer the coin is stagnant the more it loses interest, this coin was really gaining traction. Please be diligent and dont let it die.

Vegas

I will contact Noise23. I've already made the updated client, and it will be a very hard fork. I'm not the leader of the project, but I am pretty sure we'll all agree that this is the solution. I need someone to compile a windows wallet, and Noise is a good bet. Couple other guys as well. But yes, I think this is the necessary course of action. I will be testing the new client to be sure it excludes all nodes. I may actually be able to mine a block or two before I stop it, but if I do I will delete that chain until we can distribute the client. I have to coordinate with the rest of the team, of course, but I'm thinking that Wednesday will probably be the fork day. We got too much going on to let it drop now.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:25:33 PM

I was liking this coin before I even knew you were on the team. Now I REALLY like it, and that speaks volumes, cause you know Im a pos whore.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:32:19 PM

A bit of news. Good, bad, and ugly.

The Good: I am pleased to announce that Noise23, of Truckcoin fame, has agreed to join us and help with our problems. As some of you know I've worked with him before. He's very good people Cheesy

The Bad. The Blockchain is stopped. We aren't sure why, but we have some ideas. Adding to this, our main code developer is dealing with personal issues and can't help much right now. (which is where noise23 comes in, so it's not ALL bad Cheesy ). It seems as if there are nodes that are interfering with the network. We don't know which ones, or why. To the best of our knowledge, this was NOT a deliberate attack from anywhere, just something not right.

The Ugly. We have to do an emergency mandatory upgrade. It will be within the next few days. Exact timing will be announced. What we're doing is releasing a new client that excludes ALL previous clients. You won't be able to connect to the old clients after the update. Other than that, the emergency fix is essentially identical to the current release. We were planning on doing this anyway, but down the line with more improvements. That didn't work. The other ugly. I have no idea how to compile windows wallets. Noise23 is doing that for us, as well as helping to check my minor fixes in the code.

We will keep you informed, and any suggestions are WELCOMED.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 11:37:49 PM

Everything sounds great. Noise23 is very talented, and will get things rolling again. AWESOME!!

Vegas

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:55:07 AM

Everything sounds great. Noise23 is very talented, and will get things rolling again. AWESOME!!

Vegas
Fast, too Cheesy We're about to start testing. Stay tuned Cheesy
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:38:15 PM

Slow but steady as another gaming coin developer I am interested to see what GMC has in store.

I'm open to cooperation in future too.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:33:40 PM

Hey Biomech can you put a beta out? Ill take my chances. Trouble is I have a few thousand GMC on Bittrex and it is delisted, it wont be long before they take those funds. Need to get them back in my wallet, like today. Also I think it would be a fantastic idea to join forces with The Hyper team!!!

Vegas

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:45:06 PM

Brief update:

We have discovered what the problem is, and have (in testing) made the chain move. We probably need about two more days to have a release ready.

This WILL be a hard fork. The lack of notice is due to the emergency, it would have been far better if we'd forseen this and been able to make a smooth transition, but the ugly truth is that the blockchain was solidly stuck. It's something in KGW, which is not in the new client. It's still a 1 block difficulty retarget, taken from another coin that has been very stable. More details when everyone is ready, but in testing we made it work.

The first release is likely to be a bit ugly, as we're trying to get things working correctly ahead of making them pretty. Then we will release non mandatory updates as quickly as we can to make everything nice.

Vegas, PM me, or Noise23, or both. I'm the mouthpiece, I don't know if the beta is useable at this moment.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:22:15 AM

Further update.

We are testing what we believe will be the release. So far, all has worked as intended. I will update and have github/download links as soon as we're certain. Ought to be tomorrow (Monday the first), but don't hold me to it. Things could still go south.

In the meantime...

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY NOISE23!!!
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:47:56 PM

bio mech thanks  if you will save my 58000 GMC sent from bittrex
 tell me where can i send my 10 % for community support

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:02:21 PM

bio mech thanks  if you will save my 58000 GMC sent from bittrex

We are trying to contact Bittrex. They usually get back to us, but we started the process on the weekend. I am hoping they will extend the deadline a bit so we can get properly synched up and everything moving. As for donations, I have no idea at this time Cheesy I'll boot it upstairs.
GMC Foundation (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 10:55:15 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 09:34:09 AM by GMC Foundation

We're back on the track! The code underwent some major changes and the wallet swap is mandatory. The OP is updated with latest versions but here's the link anyway: Wallet Download
Make sure that you use these nodes:
addnode=104.193.43.106
addnode=108.61.29.219
Bittrex is informed about fork and asked for a few extra days so we could have enough time to withdraw our funds before they remove the wallet. The actuall deadline is June 5th. The update will follow as soon as they get back to us. If you're having a truble compiling the new client from the source or need any sort of guidance feel free to contact this gnarly dude above or shavers.
And all of you supporting us through these restless waters will get rewarded with some sweet stuff from our kitchen.

GMC Fondation

richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 12:45:10 AM

bio mech thanks  if you will save my 58000 GMC sent from bittrex

We are trying to contact Bittrex. They usually get back to us, but we started the process on the weekend. I am hoping they will extend the deadline a bit so we can get properly synched up and everything moving. As for donations, I have no idea at this time Cheesy I'll boot it upstairs.

We've updated the wallet to the latest src and its moving (i think) - our current block:

query gmccoin getblockhash 1097095
79a3af44668ce07c4ca5d53e995c3d44b793d5436ca6b4335869cc5d39c5c113

And don't worry about the June 5th deadline... I'll extend it to June 12th so everyone gets a full week more...

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:12:34 AM

bio mech thanks  if you will save my 58000 GMC sent from bittrex

We've updated the wallet to the latest src and its moving (i think) - our current block:

query gmccoin getblockhash 1097095
79a3af44668ce07c4ca5d53e995c3d44b793d5436ca6b4335869cc5d39c5c113

And don't worry about the June 5th deadline... I'll extend it to June 12th so everyone gets a full week more...

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Thanks, Richie. I will have the block explorer back up by morning. I got called away on urgent personal business right when we got the client working. I believe Shavers already gave you this info, but just in case, for the moment you can reference the pool at gmc.acidpool.com for the correct block height until the explorer is alive again.

We ran through half a dozen attempts to get the chain right before we were satisfied, so I pretty much have to completely reindex the block explorer. Not a big deal, but time consuming. I will also have the gmc.cryptocloudhosting.org pool up again either tomorrow or the next day as well.

EDIT: I hope you will reconsider delisting us. As you can see, this new team takes our duties seriously. This was a pretty bad problem, and we solved it. We're working just as hard if not harder on things to move the coin's adoption forward in the world of gaming.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:23:30 AM

A few notes on the changes to the new client, most minor, one major.

Overall, it's the same as before. Same code base with minor revisions to the protocol number and the way it connects to peers. That second one is because of the major one. We'll update the OP to reflect this shortly, but the difficulty adjustment is no longer Kimoto's Gravity Well. As near as we can determine, KGW is what caused the problem. Exactly why, I don't know. Noise23 did try to explain it to me, I'm just not savvy enough to get it, but it's apparently a potential problem with the algorithm. As some of you may know, I used to be involved in the Earthcoin development team (as a PR writer, primarily), and was a fan of the coin before it even launched. It has a very similar difficulty adjustment paradigm, but the code is completely different. Earthcoin has never had a problem with difficulty adjustment, so I suggested that we use that code to Noise23. It took a few attempts ( very few, the boy is good), but that's what we have now.

More details as I understand them well enough to write 'em or Noise23 chimes in. He saved our bacon.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 09:08:19 AM

We're back on the track! The code underwent some major changes and the wallet swap is mandatory. The OP is updated with latest versions but here's the link anyway: Wallet Download
Make sure that you use these nodes:
addnode=104.193.43.106
addnode=108.61.29.219
Bittrex is informed about fork and asked for a few extra days so we could have enough time to withdraw our funds before they remove the wallet. The actuall daadline is June 5th. The update will follow as soon as they get back to us. If you're having a truble compiling the new client from the source or need any sort of guidance feel free to contact this gnarly dude above or shavers.
And all of you supporting us through these restless waters will get rewarded with some sweet stuff from our kitchen.

GMC Fondation

Easiest way to add the nodes is by going to the debug console in the wallet and add:

Code:
addnode 104.193.43.106 add

And

Code:
addnode 108.61.29.219 add

Waiting to see if they connect now.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: