Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:32:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Palestine & israel? What do you think about that situation?  (Read 15031 times)
J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 12:07:06 PM

If your country would be invaded like Palestinan what would be your thought?

I'm assuming "like Palestinan" is intended to be "like Palestine." You have a presupposition in this question. It's subtle. The presupposition is that Israel invaded a country called Palestine. The first of my many questions in my first post was this one:

When was Palestine a country?

A "presupposition" of a question is an implicit (unstated) true-or-false statement which must be accepted for the question to make sense. A famous example is "When did you stop beating your wife?" The presupposition is that you used to beat your wife.

Also, if by "worst enemy of Muslims" we mean someone who undermines the fundamentals of the faith, I'd nominate whoever made these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJdu4HV-Ng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9bEkGd1AVo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiaTHfoyJow

Funny stuff. Unless you believe bullshit.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 12:07:35 PM

Israel and Palestine. Long long lost cousins that started as enemies thousands of years ago and then become neighbours. Eventually some left and some stayed. then the world was in a great turmoil and many decided to go back and settle. Greedy men on both sides wanted more and more power, Blood was shed, and it still is. The people are okay with eachother. Governments are not and will never be. Until then. Blood will still flow there.

I hope your words are wrong but it seems that is what will happen between Palestine and Israel. No one want to resolve their internal conflic, also the UN.

US indirectly controls UN. So when it comes about UN and few other things, I think Israel is being helped by US. Any comments on this?

You can find something from this search: https://www.google.com/search?q=israel+helped+by+US

J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 12:23:51 PM

Israel and Palestine. Long long lost cousins that started as enemies thousands of years ago and then become neighbours. Eventually some left and some stayed. then the world was in a great turmoil and many decided to go back and settle. Greedy men on both sides wanted more and more power, Blood was shed, and it still is. The people are okay with eachother. Governments are not and will never be. Until then. Blood will still flow there.

I hope your words are wrong but it seems that is what will happen between Palestine and Israel. No one want to resolve their internal conflic, also the UN.

US indirectly controls UN. So when it comes about UN and few other things, I think Israel is being helped by US. Any comments on this?

You can find something from this search: https://www.google.com/search?q=israel+helped+by+US

True-or-false statement:

(USUN) The US indirectly controls the UN.

Fact: The US has veto power on the security council, as do 4 other nations. The US "controls" the UN in the same sense as Russia, Britain, France and China. The US has no veto power over the general assembly and they regularly vote for resolutions against Israel. So, the US does not control the UN.

It doesn't matter anyway, since the UN has very little power (fortunately).

True-or-false statement:

(IUS) Israel is being helped by the US.

Fact: Israel and the US have been allies for many decades. They have worked together for many years on many different things, including militarily. I don't think anyone denies this. (Someone could argue against it by pointing to cases where the US has helped Israel's enemies, but it's clear that the US often "helps" both sides in a conflict. The US has had its fingers in a lot of pies since WW2.)

A little problem though, by saying the US is helping Israel, you may have shifted the "worst enemy of Muslims" status from Israel to the US. Maybe you guys should debate which one you want to have the status. Just to keep things simple.

As a social statement, you have confirmed that you are anti-Israel and anti-US. You are allowed to remain part of the in-group. Congratulations!

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 02:01:51 PM

True-or-false statement:

Fact: The US has veto power on the security council, as do 4 other nations. The US "controls" the UN in the same sense as Russia, Britain, France and China. The US has no veto power over the general assembly and they regularly vote for resolutions against Israel. So, the US does not control the UN.

Nope. US has a lot of money. If US goes from UN, it will be hard for UN to stand in financial things.

True-or-false statement:

(IUS) Israel is being helped by the US.

Fact: Israel and the US have been allies for many decades. They have worked together for many years on many different things, including militarily. I don't think anyone denies this. (Someone could argue against it by pointing to cases where the US has helped Israel's enemies, but it's clear that the US often "helps" both sides in a conflict. The US has had its fingers in a lot of pies since WW2.)

A little problem though, by saying the US is helping Israel, you may have shifted the "worst enemy of Muslims" status from Israel to the US. Maybe you guys should debate which one you want to have the status. Just to keep things simple.

As a social statement, you have confirmed that you are anti-Israel and anti-US. You are allowed to remain part of the in-group. Congratulations!

I ain't anti-Israel or anti-US. I have friends from that country(ies) too. So what about your anti-German?

However, just my 2 satoshis.

Darkblock

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

photo taken by ESSA-7 satelite. 1968

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:17:58 PM

agreee. And ISR controls US. So the hierarchy of worldcontrol should be clear. NOBODY will EVER do/say something against ISR, as it would be either interpreted as antisemitic or as "against the goals of the global community"....
J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 03:56:22 PM

True-or-false statement:

Nope. US has a lot of money. If US goes from UN, it will be hard for UN to stand in financial things.

Very good! Now, does everyone see what happened here? There was a clear statement that can be true or false: (USUN) The US indirectly controls the UN.

I presented two other true-or-false style statements as evidence that the US does not control the UN. (See my response above.) While MZ has ignored my two statements (naughty!), he has advanced the argument by offering different statements as evidence that the US actually does control the UN. The two statements are:

(US$UN) The US gives a lot of money to the UN.
(UNUS$) The UN wants the US to keep giving the UN a lot of money.

(First of all, please notice that instead of ignoring his statements, I am responding to them. That's what happens in a discussion. I thought I should point that out since it seems to be unfamiliar territory for many of you. Or if that's too controversial we could call it disputed territory.)

Now, it's not clear just from the statements (US$UN) and (UNUS$) what this has to do with Israel, but let me make the following statement that I suspect is supposed to be implied by the two explicit statements (US$UN) and (UNUS$).

(UNUS$ISR) The UN makes some of its decisions with respect to the Middle East conflict so that the US continues to give the UN a lot of money.

Is that what you're asserting MZ? I'll assume for now it is.

Now, I haven't checked (US$UN) in a long time, but I read some years ago that in fact the US is one of the major financial backers of the UN. (It's one of the reason many Americans on the right complain about the UN.) Without objection then:

(US$UN) Status: True.

It's also clear enough to me that the UN would be very unhappy if the US stopped giving it money (and especially if New York made it pay for the real estate it uses!). So let's also concede this:

(UNUS$) Status: True.

However, neither of these necessarily imply (UNUS$ISR). Consider the following two statements:

(UNGA) The UN general assembly has passed many resolutions against Israel.
(UNHMR) The UN human rights council is notoriously anti-Israel.

This is counterevidence against (UNUS$ISR). In other words, I present those two statements as evidence that (UNUS$ISR) is false. If the UN were making decisions based on US dollars, why would the general assembly and the human rights council behave this way? Aren't they afraid of losing those precious dollars?

Evidence of (UNUS$ISR) being true would be of the following form:

There is an action A which is relevant to the conflict. The US is threatening to withdraw funding for action A if the UN takes action A.

Simply say what action A is. I've never heard of the US government seriously threatening to withdraw funding from the UN (as much as many American taxpayers would love it), but I'll be open-minded that it could be quietly happening behind the scenes.

What is this action A the UN is unwilling to take out of fear of losing US dollars?

In case it isn't clear, I'm asking for what the action A is. So in your respond you should say an action A. It should be such that the UN could take it but is unwilling to do so because of US dollars. It should also be related to the conflict under discussion. And it should be an action. It might help if you start the sentence with "The action A I have in mind is..."

The only kinds of actions I can imagine (though I see no connection to US$) is the vetoing of Security Council resolutions. Here's a Wikipedia page about the related Negroponte Doctrine:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negroponte_doctrine

However, the passing or veto of a UN Security Council seems like an irrelevant action. It doesn't change anything about the facts of the conflict. Are you wanting the UN to send some troops to fight Israel?

As an aside since you brought it up: I'm not anti-German (not that I've met many Germans). I'm anti-Nazi. Nazis come from many nationalities, as this thread makes clear. The German people in the 1930s and 1940s were not generally innocent though. It's a bit of an oversimplification that the Germans "voted for" the Nazis, but it's largely true. To relate it to the topic, I'll note that Hamas is by many measures worse than the Nazis and the Palestinians voted for them more clearly than the Germans voted for the Nazis. In a Palestinian election adopting the nickname "Hitler" helps you win an election. (I didn't make that up. It happened.)

J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 04:01:50 PM

agreee. And ISR controls US. So the hierarchy of worldcontrol should be clear.

In case it's not clear to anyone, Darkblock has introduced a new statement:

(ISRUS) Israel controls the US.

Also, there is a second implied statement that ("should be clear"):

(JRW) Jews rule the world.

I can offer counterevidence to this if anyone is interested. For now I'll just say it's the kind of thing Nazis believe, so I'm not surprised to see it in this thread. The Nazis represented the Jewish control over the world as an octopus. You've probably seen similar drawings. Some loonies these days refer to "ZOG" ("Zionist Occupied Government"). It's basically a run of the mill conspiracy theory. Like that mossad was behind 9/11 or a secret race of reptilians rule the world.

Israel doesn't "control" the US. (If they did, why the fuck would Obama be President of the US?) The evidence clearly supports the following conclusion:

(IUS) Idiots control the US.

I can back that up with a hell of a lot of evidence.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:22:39 PM

The United States contribute close to 22% of the United Nations budget ($532 million in 2010). That is a very significant amount, but nothing like unavoidable. Some other country, such as China or India might be able to make up that amount. China is having forex reserves worth trillions of dollars. Half a billion dollars is not a very big amount for them.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:14:23 PM

The out-of-the-closet Nazi gave good, informed responses to the questions I posed, but this only reinforces my assertions (1) and (2). Why? Because the out-of-the-closet Nazi openly says he holds Jews to a different standard and that he has a problem with Jews. (He believes this attitude is appropriate because of some historic problems he has with Jewish people.)
assume this refers to me. how's telling israel to stop building settlements on land the whole world says belongs to someone else and return to its internationally recognised borders holding it to a different standard?

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 07:19:29 PM

The out-of-the-closet Nazi gave good, informed responses to the questions I posed, but this only reinforces my assertions (1) and (2). Why? Because the out-of-the-closet Nazi openly says he holds Jews to a different standard and that he has a problem with Jews. (He believes this attitude is appropriate because of some historic problems he has with Jewish people.)
assume this refers to me. how's telling israel to stop building settlements on land the whole world says belongs to someone else and return to its internationally recognised borders holding it to a different standard?

Yes, it refers to you. Everytime you post I think of an old David Bowie song. I'm closer to the Golden Dawn...

I made three separate statements in what you quoted:

(1) You openly say you hold Jews to a different standard.
(2) You have a problem with Jews.
(3) You believe this attitude is justified historically.

I was basing this on an earlier statement of yours, but when I went back to requote it, I think it only justifies (2) and (3), which you probably don't disagree with. (If you don't have a problem with Jews and you don't think having a problem with Jews is historically justifiable, then you're seriously miscommunicating. Your signature and avatar are pretty fucking clear.) Here's the quote from you:

any normal person after being persecuted and expelled from 50 or whatever countries over centuries would eventually ask himself what he had done to be so disliked. for the jews and their supporters the answer is that the rest of the world must be mentally ill.

you're right about jews being held to a different standard to everyone else. they are allowed to talk openly about the need to preserve a jewish majority in their country, but when europeans talk about keeping britain british or france french we are evil racists who want to holocaust millions of brown people in poison gas showers

I didn't remember that in the second paragraph where you admit that Jews are held to a different standard, it's a sarcastic admission to say that the world allows them uniquely to be evil racists.

By the way, I'm planning to visit Mecca next year. Do you want me to bring you anything? Oh, right. I'm not allowed there. If the world didn't have double standards, wouldn't that fact (among many others) make Saudi Arabia an "apartheid state"? Doesn't really matter. The whole world knows Mecca belongs to the pagans.

To address your point in this message though, the "whole world" doesn't say certain land belongs to "someone else." It's disputed territory. The reason it's disputed is because the borders have never been agreed upon. There are no internationally recognized borders (if such a concept even has a meaning). The closest possibilities were the UN partition plan in 1947 and the almost-deal in 2000. Both times the Palestinians said no.

Let's analyze this "whole world."

There's the Muslim world. That's a huge chunk. (The Islamic world controls everything in the UN except the Security Council, in case anyone's trying to figure out the UN issue.) Of course Muslims believe all of Israel should be under Islamic rule. Muslims believe any land that was ever under Islamic rule at some point in the past is "stolen" from them. (There's sometimes a push to restore Islamic rule to Spain, i.e., al-Andalus. Is Spain "stolen land"? How long before "the whole world agrees" it is.) And, of course, the problems Muslims have with Jews date back to the time of Muhammad.

European countries tend to support the Palestinians. This is due to a combination of factors, with latent Jew-hatred playing an important role. More practical concerns are that they've dealt with Palestinian terrorism (e.g., Black September in Munich) and found it easier to just appease the terrorists. This has been amplified over the decades due to the rapid influx/increase in the Muslim population in Europe and the desire of leftist parties to get these populations into their political coalitions.  The Arab oil embargo in the 70s also played a role. It happened over time. Europe tended to support Israel the first decades after WW2. Well, what remained of Europe. The book Eurabia from some years ago gives a lot of background about the European situation and how it developed.

The former Soviet block was often allied with Arab countries largely because the US was close to Israel. Plus the Soviets spent decades trying to get rid of their Jews. It's natural they wouldn't be sympathetic to Israel. (Many Israelis escaped persecution in Russia.)

Then there's subsaharan Africa. Just kidding. They've never heard of the issue.

I'm not sure what the situation is in South America. There was recently an issue where the Argentinian (leftist) leader had a prosecuter killed because he was investigating Iranian ties to a massacre of Jews in Argentina some years ago. Plus lots of Nazis escaped to that region. But, like I say, it's not something I've looked deeply into.

Finally let's consider the two big players: Israel and the US. Whether or not some of the disputed territory actually "belongs" to the Palestinians in any meaningful metaphysical sense, it's clear that the leaders in Israel and the US have demonstrated a willingness to cede control over some of the land if it leads to a lasting peace agreement. I think the idea of Palestinians living in peace next to a secure Israel is laughable, but Israel's made several peace deals with neighbors before.

You know, it's strange that since Jews control the power structure of the world that this issue is such a big deal. It seems like they would use their Jew power to make people focus on other things. Or maybe I don't see the brilliance of their Jew plan. /s  (The slash s indicates I'm being sarcastic in the paragraph. That means I'm pretending to have different beliefs that I have in order to show how silly the beliefs are.)

saddampbuh
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:58:36 PM

I was basing this on an earlier statement of yours, but when I went back to requote it, I think it only justifies (2) and (3), which you probably don't disagree with.
its (1) i am disagreeing with, the part where you accused me of holding them to a higher standard. i don't.

I didn't remember that in the second paragraph where you admit that Jews are held to a different standard, it's a sarcastic admission to say that the world allows them uniquely to be evil racists.
possibly not unique in the world but certainly unique among the supposedly civilised countries we think of as western. david cameron could never get away with saying he wants to preserve britain as a white majority country but when bibi says the same thing about israel and jews no one bats an eyelid.

israel must be preserved as a jewish country at all costs but for europeans americans and australians race is a social construct and we are told by politicians of all stripes that the flooding of our countries with third world immigrants who bring only poverty and crime is progress

because jews are special. because the holohoax. because iran is hitler.

To address your point in this message though, the "whole world" doesn't say certain land belongs to "someone else." It's disputed territory. The reason it's disputed is because the borders have never been agreed upon. There are no internationally recognized borders (if such a concept even has a meaning). The closest possibilities were the UN partition plan in 1947 and the almost-deal in 2000. Both times the Palestinians said no.
no country on earth recognises the legitimacy of israeli settlements beyond the green line so yes, the whole world.

wouldn't that fact (among many others) make Saudi Arabia an "apartheid state"?
saudi isn't occupied territory and neither is the vatican or any other bullshit irrelevant example you're going to come up with.

have no interest in getting into a back and forth about how mean other countries are and why does everyone pick on poor israel. these other countries aren't getting billions of dollars worth of weapons from america and germany along with diplomatic cover at the un nor do they have superpowers going to war on their behalf.

Finally let's consider the two big players: Israel and the US. Whether or not some of the disputed territory actually "belongs" to the Palestinians in any meaningful metaphysical sense, it's clear that the leaders in Israel and the US have demonstrated a willingness to cede control over some of the land if it leads to a lasting peace agreement. I think the idea of Palestinians living in peace next to a secure Israel is laughable, but Israel's made several peace deals with neighbors before.
every deal the israelis have offered the palestinians involve israel keeping a fifth to a quarter of the west bank and virtually all of the illegal settlements and having control of the roads leading to those settlements and the borders and the sea ports and the airspace forever. that's not a state its a bantustan.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 03:36:47 AM

I was basing this on an earlier statement of yours, but when I went back to requote it, I think it only justifies (2) and (3), which you probably don't disagree with.
its (1) i am disagreeing with, the part where you accused me of holding them to a higher standard. i don't.

possibly not unique in the world but certainly unique among the supposedly civilised countries we think of as western. david cameron could never get away with saying he wants to preserve britain as a white majority country but when bibi says the same thing about israel and jews no one bats an eyelid.

You're saying they're unique among the "supposedly civilised countries we think of as western." This clearly implies you have one standard for the "supposedly civilised countries we think of as western" and another standard for those who aren't. That's a double standard.

There's no clear standard by which the West Bank and Gaza are occupied but Saudi Arabia is not. The people who control Saudi Arabia gained that control by conquest. In addition, the ancestors of those who control Saudi Arabia today destroyed the religions of those who lived there before.

J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 03:42:13 AM

No one wants else wants to try to answer this? Is it because you all agree Palestine never was a country?

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:46:32 AM

"We discovered it! How the fsck can you discover something when another mufa is already living there??"

- Eddie Griffen

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:31:56 AM

No one wants else wants to try to answer this? Is it because you all agree Palestine never was a country?

Palestine was always a country. Ever heard about Mandatory Palestine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Palestine

After the Ottomans were driven out of the Levant, Palestine was administrated as a British mandate. Also, notice that the name is "Palestine" and not Israel.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:47:11 AM

Yes it is obvious than Palestine was a country, read Wikipedia page (if you want). 

After the Ottomans were driven out of the Levant, Palestine was administrated as a British mandate. Also, notice that the name is "Palestine" and not Israel.

Now I really should want to know what J. J. Phillips will say regard this "incredible" news for him, do you know that israel is still invading the Palestine lands or not? I don't like the israeli politic about this fact.
saddampbuh
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:04:29 AM

You're saying they're unique among the "supposedly civilised countries we think of as western." This clearly implies you have one standard for the "supposedly civilised countries we think of as western" and another standard for those who aren't. That's a double standard.
no. israel gets away with its crimes. uncivilised third world savages get called out on their savagery.
when the third world savages act up we put sanctions on their countries and/or warrants out for their leaders arrests or at bare minimum tell them we disapprove of what they're doing. with israel nothing is done to bring it into line. bibi gets to spit in the eye of the american president and other world leaders and there will be no un sanctions, the aid will not be cut and the kenyan ape will still show up grovelling at the next aipac conference.
There's no clear standard by which the West Bank and Gaza are occupied but Saudi Arabia is not. The people who control Saudi Arabia gained that control by conquest. In addition, the ancestors of those who control Saudi Arabia today destroyed the religions of those who lived there before.
the clear standard is the right to self determination. all saudi citizens have rights in their country. most palestinians living under israeli rule don't.

depends what definition of the world you're using but it wasn't a self governing entity with a distinct national identity separating its people from other arabs which is what you're obviously getting at. it did have borders and legislature and passports and currency and its citizens weren't turfed out by the rulers to make way for hook nosed brooklyn shlomos with m16s.

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:10:16 AM

the clear standard is the right to self determination. all saudi citizens have rights in their country. most palestinians living under israeli rule don't.

I would strongly oppose to that. For starters you just called them "Saudi" which literally reference the ownership of them by the oppressor of the same name.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 11:17:25 AM

Yes it is obvious than Palestine was a country, read Wikipedia page (if you want). 

Now I really should want to know what J. J. Phillips will say regard this "incredible" news for him, do you know that Israel is still invading the palestinazi lands or not? I don't like the Israeli politic about this fact.

At least someone finally made an assertion. Did any of you read even the first sentence of the linked wikipedia page?

Mandatory Palestine[1] (Arabic: فلسطين‎ Filasṭīn; Hebrew: פָּלֶשְׂתִּינָה (א"י) Pālēśtīnā (EY), where "EY" indicates "Eretz Yisrael" (Land of Israel)) was a geopolitical entity under British administration, carved out of Ottoman Southern Syria after World War I.

Why does it say "geopolitical entity" instead of "country" or "nation" or "state"? Strange, yes? If you read more you'll find it's clear why. Because it was not a country (in the sense of a "nation" or "state") during the post WW1 period. It was a territory under British rule. It's like saying the U.S. was a country before 1776. Or, even better, like saying Israel was a country when it was under Assyrian or Roman rule. Or maybe you believe those things.

Anyway, let's make the progress clear. Here's the assertion:

(PC19201948) Palestine was a country during the period from 1920 to 1948.

nazisn0w and bryant gumble declare this to be "true". I declare it to be "false". So at least we finally know one assertion we're disagreeing about.

I suppose I could think of examples where X was a country in Year 1, X was occupied by an external force during Year 2, and then X threw out the occupiers in Year 3. In that case, it's unclear whether X was a country during Year 2.

Here we have a case, however, where X was under the rule of an external force, then was under the rule of a different external force. In this case it's hard for me to see how X was a country at all. I assume you don't think a necessary criteria for something to be a country is that it was ever under independent self-rule.

This, of course, may be simply a difference in language. Maybe it was a sn0w-country but not a JJ-country. Let's try to clarify this by considering the following assertion.

(ISSYR) Israel was a country during the period from 720BCE to 605BCE.

The dates are chosen because 720BCE is when a certain Kingdom of Israel in that region was destroyed by the Assyrian empire, which itself fell in 605BCE. I assume your answer is probably no, because goddamn Jews.

(PCSR) Palestine has never been under independent self rule.

Can we at least agree on that?

J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 11:23:05 AM

depends what definition of the world you're using but it wasn't a self governing entity with a distinct national identity separating its people from other arabs which is what you're obviously getting at. it did have borders and legislature and passports and currency and its citizens weren't turfed out by the rulers to make way for hook nosed brooklyn shlomos with m16s.

I just want to congratulate all of you for having this guy on your side of the argument. I'm starting to think calling you guys Nazis is unfair to the Nazis. The Nazis had a fucked up ideology, but at least they had thought their fucked up ideology through. You guys can't even read the first fucking sentence of a Wikipedia article you link to.

PS: saddampduh, I'm laughing my ass off at what's happening to Greece. Keep fucking that chicken!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: