Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:49:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 307471 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:39:55 PM

Guys,

Just want to bring this to your attention:

BTER's qora hot wallet address QXNz5kBknsgNYtRKit4jCDNVm7YYoXLZdB currently shows it only holds less than 4% of qora supply (3.77% to be exact or close to 380 million qora).  If you still have qora on the exchange, I'd highly advise you withdraw your qora now because a quick look at the sell orders reveals that the total amount of sell bids account for almost 300 million qora.

I've been monitoring BTER's address for a while now, and I always wonder whether BTER even has enough qora in reserve to cover all the deposits currently in their account (there were instances when I noticed their qora account actually had way less qora than what was listed on the sell page, and the account wasn't replenished by any cold wallet with large qora reserve right away either).  

Of course I may be wrong about this as BTER might have a cold wallet or two that I don't know of, so just consider this a warning and a friendly reminder.  

Maybe that could be of interest. Customers complaining about withdrawal issues in the bter thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280806.msg12050881#msg12050881

Please post also there to gain more interest for this issue!

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vrontis (OP)

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 03:18:00 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 03:46:34 PM by Vrontis

Hi Qora.I am intersted in your trading through Atomic Cross-Chain Transfers,is this possible to trade coin to coin,wallet  to wallet

I am working innovative currency what is no tblockchain based,wearealso not open source,but there is reason for that.Now i am looking for way of trading,becouse exchanges dont want to list us,not open source
Cliant is developen on Jason,there is a lot of Jave in Jason library,so dev can develop anything needed

Get i can in touch with some Qora dev if possible,Qora is great and with CCedk support you can achieve your goals very fast

Automated Transactions is the mechanism that provides to Qora the ability for decentralized trading by using the Atomic Cross-Chain Transfers.
You may need to contact with the CIYAM Developers ( http://ciyam.org/at/ ) to get more info about it.
Regarding Qora, for whatever you might need please post in this thread.

Also i have bought some Qora,I downloaded wallet for windows but wallet failed during opening,do i need Java to run wallet

You need Java installed, yes.

EDIT : Windows wallet has Java 8 portable, so for Windows you won't need Java installed, just grab the Windows wallet ( Qora-v0.22.0.exe ).However, in your case seems that there was a failure, can you please send us the error.txt through pastebin.com.The file is stored on C:\Program Files (x86)\Qora.

big ears

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 03:19:42 PM

Guys,

BTER's qora hot wallet address QXNz5kBknsgNYtRKit4jCDNVm7YYoXLZdB currently shows it only holds less than 4% of qora supply (3.77% to be exact or close to 380 million qora).  If you still have qora on the exchange, I'd highly advise you withdraw your qora now because a quick look at the sell orders reveals that the total amount of sell bids account for almost 300 million qora.

I've been monitoring BTER's address for a while now, and I always wonder whether BTER even has enough qora in reserve to cover all the deposits currently in their account (there were instances when I noticed their qora account actually had way less qora than what was listed on the sell page, and the account wasn't replenished by any cold wallet with large qora reserve right away either).  

Of course I may be wrong about this as BTER might have a cold wallet or two that I don't know of, so just consider this a warning and a friendly reminder.  

Bter doesn't always send deposited Qora to their cold wallet. I made a deposit and it sat in the address I sent it to for over a month. When I withdrew my Qora the coins were sent from the same address I deposited into. Although it wasn't a massive amount of coins Bter might not send everyone's deposits to their cold wallet so it doesn't necessarily have to contain enough Qora to match all the sell orders.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 04:08:47 PM

Guys,

Bter doesn't always send deposited Qora to their cold wallet. I made a deposit and it sat in the address I sent it to for over a month. When I withdrew my Qora the coins were sent from the same address I deposited into. Although it wasn't a massive amount of coins Bter might not send everyone's deposits to their cold wallet so it doesn't necessarily have to contain enough Qora to match all the sell orders.

I really doubt they got a cold wallet. they can't even handle the normal wallet. never experienced so much incompetence from an exchange

GoldenKnight369

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:49:53 PM

Judging from my own experience & observation, all BTER qora withdrawals are made directly from their hot wallet address QXNz5kBknsgNYtRKit4jCDNVm7YYoXLZdB to their customers' addresses - No exception. Also, as far as I could tell, they've got a daemon or script that automatically move the funds from individual accounts to their main hot wallet address - no exception either.  If your fund doesn't get moved, it might suggest there is a deposit problem.

By the way - BTER's qora reserve is dropping really fast! Very interesting time indeed!  Grin It just dropped by another 40 ~ 50 million qora, and now the hot wallet only holds 3.24% qora (324 million qora).  Strangely, it would appear to me that the sell orders haven't changed one bit since last I checked!  Shocked Shocked

Guys, please withdraw all your qora from BTER as soon as you can (I really hate to be the last one in this case).  We'll see how the hot wallet behave once the fund sitting inside it gets depleted. If BTER starts to experience withdrawal problem (when the wallet is near empty), we'll know for sure BTER has been cheating!  Grin

GoldenKnight369

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:06:56 PM

I really doubt they got a cold wallet. they can't even handle the normal wallet. never experienced so much incompetence from an exchange

You're right.  I don't think they've got a cold wallet anywhere either.  None of the top 10 wallets in the richlist belongs to them as far as I can tell. So it really seems strange to me that the sell orders haven't moved one bit since yesterday (~300 million qora), yet their qora reserve has already been reduced by another 40 ~ 50 million qora.

At this point, I don't believe they'll have enough qora to cover all the future withdrawal (unless someone else makes another huge deposit).  Embarrassed So things are getting very interesting now - as the hot wallet gets closer and closer to being empty, I wonder whether the last person will be able to cash out and withdraw? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

One reason I got very suspicious of BTER is that, after the recent hack, they decided to drastically reduce/restrict the amount of altcoins you can withdraw at one time (for instance, nodecoin has a daily limit of 500,000 - a nearly ridiculous amount).  Why would they do that if all of the Alt-coins were unaffected by the recent hack aside from Bitcoin?  Huh  

They claimed only bitcoin was compromised during the recent heist, and I was not sure whether they were telling the truth.  Okay, let's wait and see.  Smiley

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 06:47:14 AM

You're right.  I don't think they've got a cold wallet anywhere either.  None of the top 10 wallets in the richlist belongs to them as far as I can tell. So it really seems strange to me that the sell orders haven't moved one bit since yesterday (~300 million qora), yet their qora reserve has already been reduced by another 40 ~ 50 million qora.

At this point, I don't believe they'll have enough qora to cover all the future withdrawal (unless someone else makes another huge deposit).  Embarrassed So things are getting very interesting now - as the hot wallet gets closer and closer to being empty, I wonder whether the last person will be able to cash out and withdraw? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

One reason I got very suspicious of BTER is that, after the recent hack, they decided to drastically reduce/restrict the amount of altcoins you can withdraw at one time (for instance, nodecoin has a daily limit of 500,000 - a nearly ridiculous amount).  Why would they do that if all of the Alt-coins were unaffected by the recent hack aside from Bitcoin?  Huh  

They claimed only bitcoin was compromised during the recent heist, and I was not sure whether they were telling the truth.  Okay, let's wait and see.  Smiley

Other communities came to the same conclusion. Bter is as shady as possible. I wouldn't use them.

rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:15:33 AM

I have an unrelated question-- why is it that CCEDK opened up there doors , Poloniex then gets their act together, and then no one moved to CCEDK?!

I deposited some of my funds over at CCEDK and I've been nothing but pleased.  Yet, still, Poloniex has maintained about 90% of the trade volume(ref: CoinMarketCap.com).  If you own Qora/BTC, and you like trading Qora and BTC, I suggest you move at least some of your funds to CCEDK.

I have no personal investment in CCEDK (other than hoping to never lose a deposit) but it is a really good exchange and it's worth supporting.  Let's all help everyone out by getting some volume on their exchange.  We need multiple exchanges supporting Qora AND we need volume so that new investors can see it as a viable option.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:19:15 AM

Totally agree. i transfered most of my BTC stack from Poloniex to CCEDK in order to buy Qora some days ago. But there was so less volume that i finally bought the Qora on Poloniex again.
We should really but more orders on CCEDK to get the trading running.

I have an unrelated question-- why is it that CCEDK opened up there doors , Poloniex then gets their act together, and then no one moved to CCEDK?!

I deposited some of my funds over at CCEDK and I've been nothing but pleased.  Yet, still, Poloniex has maintained about 90% of the trade volume(ref: CoinMarketCap.com).  If you own Qora/BTC, and you like trading Qora and BTC, I suggest you move at least some of your funds to CCEDK.

I have no personal investment in CCEDK (other than hoping to never lose a deposit) but it is a really good exchange and it's worth supporting.  Let's all help everyone out by getting some volume on their exchange.  We need multiple exchanges supporting Qora AND we need volume so that new investors can see it as a viable option.
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:00:24 PM

+5

I used CCEDK to buy some qora and bts a few days ago, and all I can say is that I'm very pleased.
CCEDKaps

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:52:11 PM

Qora on Forbes Magazine?

I would like to throw a comment in this forum:

Show CCEDK some love and support with each an everyone sending some Qora and btc as well as fiat in both USD, EUR,and CNY to CCEDK.

How much do you think it will be worth having Qora mentioned in Forbes Magazine?

I hope the next days will show, you mean business when saying earlier that CCEDK should be the new preferred Qora exchange!

What will I do in return?

I will do my best within the next few days to have a Qora article featured on Forbes Magazine, perhaps the crypto media will wake up and feel it's time to give Qora some mentioning as well(believe it when I say, I will do my best to tell them approximately when the Forbes article is going to show Wink Smiley, and you will see some rings in the water grow bigger shortly if all works out. Grin

Well, I guess it's time to show some major support, and I will show you why it's important to have an exchange actively backing up a currency, most people decided was gone, but instead turn out to be the Phoenix of crypto.

Welcome to CCEDK, the exchange who believes in actively participating in supporting listed currencies if equally supported by the community of the currency in question.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 05:31:28 AM

fully agree. please move to CCEDK, they're doing their best to make Qora a thing (promoting on twitter, other forums too)... so please move your coins there

dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:24:50 AM

I agree. CCEDK is a very good exchange and it's not getting much attention!

I'm trading there since they opened NXT-Fiat trading pairs and I've never had an issue with them. Moved some QORA and euro there lately for support, I hope this helps.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 08:12:37 AM

yeah, we have had enough troubles with other exchanges, so I hope CCEDK is going to be our new main exchange!
CCEDKaps

Activity: 621

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:09:13 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 07:11:14 PM by CCEDKaps

Forbes article on Qora and some mentioning of the potential work with Bitshares based on the polls performed will be out tomorrow Friday or maybe Saturday if all becomes too hectic in next 24 hours.

Now is perhaps a nice time to buy Qora at only 4 cents US every 10000 Qora.

All four pairs available on CCEDK are listed on CMC - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/qora/#markets

https://www.ccedk.com/qora-btc
https://www.ccedk.com/qora-usd
https://www.ccedk.com/qora-eur
https://www.ccedk.com/qora-cny

Go buy all the the Qora at good prices at Poloniex right now, and if you like come support the fiat pairs on CCEDK or even BTC pair for that matter.

Another way of getting cash USD, EUR, CNY or DKK on CCEDK is our instant order feature

With BTC you are able to use the CCEDK instant order feature BUY/SELL on above fiat currencies and have cash within a few days after!

https://www.ccedk.com/btc-usd#instant
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 12:48:50 PM

Forbes article on Qora and some mentioning of the potential work with Bitshares based on the polls performed will be out tomorrow Friday or maybe Saturday if all becomes too hectic in next 24 hours.

Now is perhaps a nice time to buy Qora at only 4 cents US every 10000 Qora.

All four pairs available on CCEDK are listed on CMC - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/qora/#markets

https://www.ccedk.com/qora-btc
https://www.ccedk.com/qora-usd
https://www.ccedk.com/qora-eur
https://www.ccedk.com/qora-cny

Go buy all the the Qora at good prices at Poloniex right now, and if you like come support the fiat pairs on CCEDK or even BTC pair for that matter.

Another way of getting cash USD, EUR, CNY or DKK on CCEDK is our instant order feature

With BTC you are able to use the CCEDK instant order feature BUY/SELL on above fiat currencies and have cash within a few days after!

https://www.ccedk.com/btc-usd#instant

I really appreciate your passion and work on qora and bitshares. Hope it'll work out soon!

twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:31:08 PM

a new article
https://medium.com/qora-world/overview-of-qora-smart-contracts-and-decentralized-web-3987dc28e064
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:24:13 PM

These articles are of utmost importance for qora visibility and are more than welcome. Qora provides already Etherium and Maidsafe functionality, so people will be glad to learn about qora and use it for their everyday needs. Smiley

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3100

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:04:00 PM

I suppose these things take time to get the ball rolling.  I've only just got around to signing up to CCEDK but meant to have a look a few days ago, heh.  Like all things, it'll build gradually over time.  Also, because it's a relatively new venture and I tend to tread with caution, I haven't transferred any vast sums.  I'll start with a small amount, but will likely transfer more over time if it's a positive experience.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 06:37:04 PM

These articles are of utmost importance for qora visibility and are more than welcome. Qora provides already Etherium and Maidsafe functionality, so people will be glad to learn about qora and use it for their everyday needs. Smiley

too bad ether will beat you in those regards. not because they're better, just because they got more bag holders Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: