Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:25:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama or Romney ?  (Read 21118 times)
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 09:40:41 PM

If career politicians are an issue, why not just add term limits?  Limiting our representatives to those with independent (or family) wealth is not a good plan IMO.

Speaking of representation, did you know the house of representatives used to grow with the population?  There used to be an upper limit of 60k people per representative.  In order to be that close to direct representation today would require 30,000 representatives rather than the measly 435 we have today.  It seems to me that this is why only the powerful can influence politics... each representative has too much to handle to deal with the issues of the average constituent.

Term limits are a good idea.  Especially with lifelong appointed judges.  That, speaking of which, should be elected, not appointed.

I know about the house deal.  That's one of my responses to people who claim the census is for adequate representation of the masses.  I personally think we should have 30,000 reps.  Then absolutely NOTHING would get done unless it had to.  That'd be awesome!  No more feel good legislation!!

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 09:43:09 PM

That equates to about 50,000 usd per person in the US. 

Actually, over 40% of that debt is owed to American citizens and corporations (no, they are not the same).  Love my T-Bills 

The Federal Reserve debt is certainly not nationalized but owed to shareholders of the NY bank.
C10H15N

Activity: 865
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 09:49:10 PM

This means the return interest rate is lower than the rate of inflation, so it is worth less at the end than at the beginning, right? Why would anybody buy such a thing?

Capital preservation.  Minimizing risk during economic upheaval may be more important than outperforming inflation.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 09:50:18 PM

Of course.  Backed by my faith in the American taxpayers.

Pretty much what I would expect from someone who uses methamphetamine as their username.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
C10H15N

Activity: 865

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 10:04:49 PM

That equates to about 50,000 usd per person in the US.  

Actually, over 40% of that debt is owed to American citizens and corporations (no, they are not the same).  Love my T-Bills  

The Federal Reserve debt is certainly not nationalized but owed to shareholders of the NY bank.

That 6% statutory dividend looks pretty good right now.

Of course.  Backed by my faith in the American taxpayers.

Pretty much what I would expect from someone who uses methamphetamine as their username.

Makes a great first impression.   Wink

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 10:16:41 PM

If career politicians are an issue, why not just add term limits?  Limiting our representatives to those with independent (or family) wealth is not a good plan IMO.

Speaking of representation, did you know the house of representatives used to grow with the population?  There used to be an upper limit of 60k people per representative.  In order to be that close to direct representation today would require 30,000 representatives rather than the measly 435 we have today.  It seems to me that this is why only the powerful can influence politics... each representative has too much to handle to deal with the issues of the average constituent.

Term limits are a good idea.  Especially with lifelong appointed judges.  That, speaking of which, should be elected, not appointed.

I know about the house deal.  That's one of my responses to people who claim the census is for adequate representation of the masses.  I personally think we should have 30,000 reps.  Then absolutely NOTHING would get done unless it had to.  That'd be awesome!  No more feel good legislation!!

M

I disagree about the judges, unless maybe if the term limit is one term with a really long length.  Elections of people who are supposed to be objective and fair is a recipe for disaster.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 10:34:34 PM

Actually, over 40% of that debt is owed to American citizens and corporations (no, they are not the same).  Love my T-Bills 

You do know it's a negative equity investment, right?

Tbills are less risk then gold (many people will disagree with that but my opinion), safer then cash and they do stop some of the loss of inflation.  Tbills are a reasonable choice forsomeone with cash savings.  I personally feel real estate is better right now due to it being undervalued but that is a risk just like gold.

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 10:43:56 PM

I disagree about the judges, unless maybe if the term limit is one term with a really long length.  Elections of people who are supposed to be objective and fair is a recipe for disaster.

Using that logic, we should have appointed congressmen and presidents too.

Atleast we have a choice between two clowns for president.  We have no choice on federal judges, or the supreme court.  Once they're in, they're in.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 10:57:59 PM

Atleast we have a choice between two clowns for president.  We have no choice on federal judges, or the supreme court.  Once they're in, they're in.

M

Where does it say congress or the president should be fair and objective? Wink

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 12:01:22 AM

You guys should really listen to today's No Agenda show.

http://feed.nashownotes.com/rss.xml

Watching these debates, so you don't have to.
CoinDiver

Activity: 778

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 06:51:13 PM

That way people would understand they have no say in the matter. This is little more than a pretense of choice these days.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:08:36 PM

That way people would understand they have no say in the matter. This is little more than a pretense of choice these days.

Actually, we still DO have a choice.  Most are led to believe that they do not.  Unlike countries like china, the people still have a say in the matter, if they choose to do so, and are educated enough to know so.  The latter is the problem right now.

M

RicRock

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 09:35:58 PM

M

Every representative/senator/president should be chosen randomly from "real" people... they'd do less damage on accident than a career politician does on purpose.
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 10:04:39 PM

M

Every representative/senator/president should be chosen randomly from "real" people... they'd do less damage on accident than a career politician does on purpose.

I like that idea!

M

CoinDiver

Activity: 778

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 10:08:25 PM

+2

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 04:32:27 PM

Newest documentary of 1000 showing romney flip flop:

(it also gets into Obama and their similarities interestingly enough):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eERIU4JC6s

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:51:09 PM

Voting for Obama.

But isn't american voting system is kind of screwed up. They should have a scoring system, where you score every candidate and then the person with most scores win.

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 08:56:11 PM

Voting for Obama.

Mind if I ask why? Especially if you live in a "red" state?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:57:48 PM

Voting for Obama.

But isn't american voting system is kind of screwed up. They should have a scoring system, where you score every candidate and then the person with most scores win.
If you mean scoring in the same sense that a glassworker does, then I'm all for it!
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:01:48 PM

Voting for Obama.

They do use a system like that, thats why they visit certain states only when they campaign. Those states have more potential points so they can win the game.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: