Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:56:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
Auroracoin (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 02:37:02 PM

Auroracoin Mining Pool :

User: wallet-key
Mot de passe: x
Algorithm: SCRYPT

[LowMachin]   stratum+tcp://pool.laintimes.com:3012
[RegularMachin]   stratum+tcp://pool.laintimes.com:3013
[StrongMachin]   stratum+tcp://pool.laintimes.com:3014
[TitanMachin]   stratum+tcp://pool.laintimes.com:3015

http://pool.laintimes.com

Add to op plz !

Added.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:42:48 PM

I did not know that it is known why Satoshi Nakamoto gave Bitcoin up.
What was the reason and from where did you get this information?  Shocked

sorry I wasnt folowing auroracoin very much, just wanted to ask, why original dev gave up on it

Same reason why Satoshi gave up on Bitcoin.

Nobody knows for sure about Satoshi, neither do we from Baldur. But both seemed to wanted to do something groundbreaking, but didn't feel comfortable being in the spotlight for that (can understand with Satoshi... all the fanboyism that was here, plus maybe a bit of fear from groups that might not like his idea of giving people control about money).
Skarfur

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:50:02 PM

I remember holding 1 aur as part of my coin plan back in 2013.  So price has dropped, some people bought it all up and now are rebooting it?  That is noble cause and good luck to you, but you cannot just say hey we are relaunching, we are new, look at us when in your OP you have original github, original wallets, that haven't been touched since April 2014.  I remember there was a countdown timer to new stuff?  I have a little over 600 aur now, nothing close to the 2 million held by three addresses but still wondering where is this going to end up?

Yes there was a time but sometimes life gets the best of you. Smiley

There were some changes on the way and we decided that the new code base would need more testing before we would publish it. We rather take more time to make sure that the code is solid than to publish it with a possible bug. Our estimate is that the code should be properly tested and the new wallets compiled by the later part this week. I'm sure most people here would rather have a stable wallet than getting it a few days earlier.
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:56:12 PM

I remember holding 1 aur as part of my coin plan back in 2013.  So price has dropped, some people bought it all up and now are rebooting it?  That is noble cause and good luck to you, but you cannot just say hey we are relaunching, we are new, look at us when in your OP you have original github, original wallets, that haven't been touched since April 2014.  I remember there was a countdown timer to new stuff?  I have a little over 600 aur now, nothing close to the 2 million held by three addresses but still wondering where is this going to end up?

There were some changes on the way and we decided that the new code base would need more testing before we would publish it. We rather take more time to make sure that the code is solid than to publish it with a possible bug. Our estimate is that the code should be properly tested and the new wallets compiled by the later part this week. I'm sure most people here would rather have a stable wallet than getting it a few days earlier.

Can you explain why the foundation holds 1 million aur?  For instance if this was a brand new coin, we are talking a 15% premine (since 5.4million or burned) for dev/foundation work, almost everyone on bct would call this out pretty violently.  Coming from FLT I recognize the need to have proper funding, but at current price that is $8.6 million isk.  Not sure if that's a lot in Icelandic terms.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:57:50 PM

Oh and thanks for the code update, yes would prefer stable, maybe update OP to reflect this.  I would like to hold aur not in an exchange for obvious reasons...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
Skarfur

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:03:21 PM

Oh and thanks for the code update, yes would prefer stable, maybe update OP to reflect this.  I would like to hold aur not in an exchange for obvious reasons...

Absolutely correct on both OP and exchanges. Smiley
Will get the OP updated.
Skarfur

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:25:56 PM

Can you explain why the foundation holds 1 million aur?  For instance if this was a brand new coin, we are talking a 15% premine (since 5.4million or burned) for dev/foundation work, almost everyone on bct would call this out pretty violently.  Coming from FLT I recognize the need to have proper funding, but at current price that is $8.6 million isk.  Not sure if that's a lot in Icelandic terms.

That was Baldur's decision and nobody here had really anything to say about it. According to his original airdrop blueprint there was always supposed to be a portion left for the foundation or dev group but if I remember correctly that was supposed to be around 1/3 of what it turned out to be. I think he increased the amount as he was hoping that the development would pick up at the time but the price had gotten quite low at the time. This was when he reset the airdrop for the second phase.

So the million is there and there is not much to do about it now so we are working on a clear plan on how the foundation will use and secure the funds. For the moment I can not give you guys the details of how it will be used as it's not for me to disclose at this time but I can tell that the majority of it will be used for promotion and education in Iceland and for infrastructure development. The fund will not be touched until these plans have been laid out in detail and all factors of transparency are in place.
Skarfur

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:48:03 PM

Absolutely correct on both OP and exchanges. Smiley
Will get the OP updated.

What code changes are being released? Something new and innovative or just copy and paste ?

Nothing new and innovative. Auroracoin's current code base is old and outdated and that is creating various problems. We plan to have more improvements to the coin but those changes will take 2-3 months to implement and test. So what we are doing now is updating to a new litecoin code base with improved difficulty retargeting as the current one is not stable and is having stalls because of multipools. Soon after we launch the new code base we will publish a roadmap where we will disclose where we are heading with the core development and our estimated timeline.

What you can expect from our core development is stability. Auroracoin is not about innovative technology but about the people of Iceland adopting the coin. So our resources are better spent on focusing on that rather than new features. Everything we see that can make the coin more stable and secure will be something that we would want to implement and who knows what will be required when a lot of people start to use the coin.
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:49:43 PM

Nice to see what has been going on for the last two weeks, maby I should extend my vacation here in Florida for another two weeks and see what happens. Cool

Is it still below zero and snowing home in Iceland

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
apcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:13:18 PM

Nice to see what has been going on for the last two weeks, maby I should extend my vacation here in Florida for another two weeks and see what happens. Cool

Is it still below zero and snowing home in Iceland
Sun showed it self as soon as you left Iceland. Me and skarfurinn have been sunbathing this weekend Cool

retnods

Activity: 827
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:57:42 PM

hopefully not be a new episode of the drama "Altsareback".....   Undecided

D I S T I N C T I V E F O R K
★ ▬ THE FASTEST WAY TO GO BROKE IS TO GET RICH QUICK ▬ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:30:58 PM

@apcoin : Just came from a few kms bicycle ride, 20 celcius here, no more snow, working on preparing our pool for summer :p.

Eggert

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:39:45 PM

Who is Baldur Odinsen? Tell me who he is and I walk away from this conversation and never return and wish you all the best. I don't know any Icelandic coin developers, most are from China,India,Netherlands and US. I think dev was not from Iceland and use fake Iceland name.

I found him, my mistake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balder_%28comics%29

At this point in time, does it matter who he is though?  I can assure you that I personally know 5 members of the new team, and have been acquainted with the rest, and they are most certainly not Balduro.

If the coin is in new hands, and the premine was burned, does Balduro matter?  That's like trying to continue the hunt for satoshi.

-Fuse

It wouldn't matter if there wasn't a premine, there is a lot of issues surrounding the other 25% of the premine, he has a lot of explaining to do.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3f/3fdeff077e088e82c4d435e8f0d6f0067fa8145cb469255996ce33f8ad79e353.jpg

In all seriousness, though, what would you like addressed?  Coins were airdropped to whoever claimed them.  The remaining coins sat in wallets that the AUR team had already planned to block should Balduro not come through with his initial promise.  Balduro then, as he said he would, burned the remaining coins in a dump address(which can be seen in this transaction https://chainz.cryptoid.info/aur/tx.dws?490947.htm).  He is no longer involved in the workings of this coin.  It seems pretty clear.

For those that have already responded about the FUD, I think we should hear it out.  If we can't clearly state what the current situation is, and what our current position is with AUR, then we can't dismiss the FUD.

So Eggert, What's left to discuss about it?  What's left for him to explain?  I want to see if I can get you whatever answers you need to be at peace with your thoughts about AUR.

-Fuse

You can explain yourself in this discussion.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=877108.msg11225376#msg11225376

The airdrop was donne by using the kennitala ID system and moving bytes of computer generated data Smiley
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennitala
The initial hype arround AUR just before the airdrop when 31.8 of them worth 600$+, attracted 30.000+ airdrop requests.
After the dump the number of second airdrop request went down to 5000+
And the 3'rd airdrop request went even lower to 2500+
Because the value of the airdop coins is so low now, they have no use in merchant transaction. It's something that you just trade if you have a taste for risk or you firmly believe in the concept propose by AUR coin.
But with the newly dedicated foundation that holds a marketing and development budget, this will change in time.

Do you know what the developer did to advertise AUR to the people in Iceland. I am part of the Guldencoin community and as you can see with our distribtion stats under 2000 people have claimed with a population of 17 million in the Netherlands. The coin has also just turned 1 year old and has plenty merchants, been on the media and even RT but only 1918 people have claimed. Any tips or ideas the AUR developer used would be welcomed.

https://distribution.guldencoin.com/#/stats

Something that is a concern is that EFL with the same coin supply also claimed around 40 000 people in the Netherlands claimed but that was proven as a scam as the coin creators got caught out by having bigger sells in EFL on the exchanges then was meant to be in supply at the time. Now there has been community takeover and they also got a foundation built. Looks like AUR going to head in same direction.

I know some members in Guldencoin have invested in AUR so came to check it out so please let me know how they advertised and I can give this information to our team.

Let me share come facts and opinions I have about AUR.

1. I proved to myself it was a scam when I did some peer lookups during the airdrop,there was less then 150 active nodes. I would say less then 70 at this point in time.
2. The developer is not from Iceland, this is the reason you will never ever get him to reveal his true identity.
3. AUR was created by a smart and patient investor who most likely can wait it out and present some feel good stories to con people.
4. Same sock accounts used to defend the coin.
5. Not in a million years was 40 000 AUR given to unique people as per point 1.

KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:21:01 PM

Who is Baldur Odinsen? Tell me who he is and I walk away from this conversation and never return and wish you all the best. I don't know any Icelandic coin developers, most are from China,India,Netherlands and US. I think dev was not from Iceland and use fake Iceland name.

I found him, my mistake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balder_%28comics%29

At this point in time, does it matter who he is though?  I can assure you that I personally know 5 members of the new team, and have been acquainted with the rest, and they are most certainly not Balduro.

If the coin is in new hands, and the premine was burned, does Balduro matter?  That's like trying to continue the hunt for satoshi.

-Fuse

It wouldn't matter if there wasn't a premine, there is a lot of issues surrounding the other 25% of the premine, he has a lot of explaining to do.

In all seriousness, though, what would you like addressed?  Coins were airdropped to whoever claimed them.  The remaining coins sat in wallets that the AUR team had already planned to block should Balduro not come through with his initial promise.  Balduro then, as he said he would, burned the remaining coins in a dump address(which can be seen in this transaction https://chainz.cryptoid.info/aur/tx.dws?490947.htm).  He is no longer involved in the workings of this coin.  It seems pretty clear.

For those that have already responded about the FUD, I think we should hear it out.  If we can't clearly state what the current situation is, and what our current position is with AUR, then we can't dismiss the FUD.

So Eggert, What's left to discuss about it?  What's left for him to explain?  I want to see if I can get you whatever answers you need to be at peace with your thoughts about AUR.

-Fuse

You can explain yourself in this discussion.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=877108.msg11225376#msg11225376

The airdrop was donne by using the kennitala ID system and moving bytes of computer generated data Smiley
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennitala
The initial hype arround AUR just before the airdrop when 31.8 of them worth 600$+, attracted 30.000+ airdrop requests.
After the dump the number of second airdrop request went down to 5000+
And the 3'rd airdrop request went even lower to 2500+
Because the value of the airdop coins is so low now, they have no use in merchant transaction. It's something that you just trade if you have a taste for risk or you firmly believe in the concept propose by AUR coin.
But with the newly dedicated foundation that holds a marketing and development budget, this will change in time.

Do you know what the developer did to advertise AUR to the people in Iceland. I am part of the Guldencoin community and as you can see with our distribtion stats under 2000 people have claimed with a population of 17 million in the Netherlands. The coin has also just turned 1 year old and has plenty merchants, been on the media and even RT but only 1918 people have claimed. Any tips or ideas the AUR developer used would be welcomed.

https://distribution.guldencoin.com/#/stats

Something that is a concern is that EFL with the same coin supply also claimed around 40 000 people in the Netherlands claimed but that was proven as a scam as the coin creators got caught out by having bigger sells in EFL on the exchanges then was meant to be in supply at the time. Now there has been community takeover and they also got a foundation built. Looks like AUR going to head in same direction.

I know some members in Guldencoin have invested in AUR so came to check it out so please let me know how they advertised and I can give this information to our team.

Let me share come facts and opinions I have about AUR.

1. I proved to myself it was a scam when I did some peer lookups during the airdrop,there was less then 150 active nodes. I would say less then 70 at this point in time.
2. The developer is not from Iceland, this is the reason you will never ever get him to reveal his true identity.
3. AUR was created by a smart and patient investor who most likely can wait it out and present some feel good stories to con people.
4. Same sock accounts used to defend the coin.
5. Not in a million years was 40 000 AUR given to unique people as per point 1.

Don't u think the dev deserve to be rich for his good idea even though  he scam at start? Many inventor sell idea and invention  for lots of money. The way I see the dev deserve to be rich.
dinobotta

Activity: 248

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:44:22 PM

@Eggert sæll/hi

The only scham connected to the distribution that I know of is also explained by Baldur him self on reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/auroracoin/comments/33iogi/aurburnaurburnaurburnaurburn7es4rf_balduro_a_man/. What happened was that someone created a fake Facebook game to get icelandic social id and facebook authentification on the airdrop and schamed out coins from the airdrop.

Nb. Baldur admits to this and this is the reason Facebook claims were stopped.

I also know a lot of highschool kids that gathered hundreds of claims for a fee which were delivered to the same address, i.e. someone bought the coins from them. This is not a scham but a trade.

Some offered to buy coins on Facebook groups and I know people who claimed and sold their coins to those traders, often many claims at a time, i.e. someone bought the coins from them. This is not a scham but a trade.

The airdrop was not perfect but I think Baldur distributed the coins as fairly as possible. Just think about how the icelandic krona is distributed...

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:01:17 PM

Thank you sir.  Was not perfect indeed, but still pretty solid imo considering all this was bran new !  Good job Baldur Smiley

PS to Baldur : Would you please pass the official twitter account to the Aur team ?  Would be appreciated and would help to share facts and news to the community.

Thanks
buyanycoin

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:17:22 PM

QUOTE:

"My name is Pétur Árnason and I'm one of the founders of the Auroracoin foundation and am a part of the new dev team.

I want to state this now so we are all clear on this.

We are not trying to hype the coin nor get any of you here to buy the coin. We are taking over this project because we believe in it's potential here in Iceland and we will be working towards that goal not to get a few traders on BCT to buy a few coins. So I think I can't make it more plan than this. Do not buy the coin if you are not from Iceland. If you are however and you have your doubt's then you can send me a PM here or at auroraspjall.is and I would be more than willing to meet you face to face to discuss what we are doing here and why.

If you are however interested in this project and it's potential, then feel free to join us in this experiment and help us get this coin adopted by the Icelandic public. We are a determined group that fully understand that this project will take some years of dedication before it can be called a success and all of us are ready to take on that work.

If you are asking why then it's because of Auroracoins huge distribution in Iceland. I think most here don't realise what that means. This coin has more chance of getting public adoption in the next years than any coin around, including Bitcoin. That is for two reasons and for those who are interested, I'll explain.

First is Iceland.
Iceland has all the perfect conditions to adopt a cryptocurrency.
We had a crash here in 2008 that is the result of the flawed monetary system we have today and people here are unhappy with this system and are still angry at the system.
People here know that the króna is a zombie currency that has been inflated many times beyond it's capacity and they know it will fail again.
Iceland has capital control in place which greatly limits the foreign currency that the public can get.
We have a very high rate of technology adoption in Iceland and one of the highest Internet usage per capita in the world.

The second being the success of the first airdrop stage.
There were claims for over 10% of the nation and there are still over 20.000 of these that are still holding their original claims. No matter how you put it the exposure Auroracoin got in Iceland at that time is unparallelled anywhere in the world. In no other country in the world does as high percentage of the public been exposed to a cryptocurrency and nowhere else do more people own a cryptocurrency. The amount of claims does not even come close to showing the the amount of exposure the coin got here at this time. This is what makes Auroracoin special and is far more valuable than any market cap can tell you.

What this all means is that Iceland is the perfect environment to get people to adopt a cryptocurrency. If we succeed in that all of the crypto community will benefit from it as Auroracoin would hit all the possible obstacles on the way, be it social, legal or technical. It would demonstrate all the benefits and disadvantage of cryptocurrency adoption which other coins can learn from. Auroracoins adoption in Iceland would be a small scale simulation of how adoption would likely play out in larger economy's and it would benefit our crypto community as a whole.

This is why we dedicate ourselves to this project. Our goal is general adoption of cryptocurrencies in general, not just Auroracoins.

So just to be clear on this. If you are not from Iceland, do not buy the coin. There is a plethora of other coins out there much better for general trading."

I love this.
resUnioC

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:17:52 PM

Somehow i believe, after bitcoin and together with a hand full of altcoins is this a one of the important and most interesting cryptocurrency projects ever.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:07:50 PM

Even if we assume Balduro laundered some of the airdrop coins for himself, aren't the ones in dispute about 40k in total? That is .66% of the coin supply as it stands today and is neglible in the grand scheme of things.
Skarfur

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:04:07 PM

I just want to post this here because there are people here claiming otherwise.

Auroracoin did get a lot of publicity in Iceland. To proof my case I just want to post a few links that I managed to gather and post here in less than 20 minutes so you can be certain this only gives you a glimpse of the exposure that Auroracoin got here in Iceland.

mbl.is - the biggest news site in Iceland
http://www.mbl.is/frettir/search/?period=0&category=&sort=1&qs=auroracoin&submit=Leita

visir.is - the second biggest news site in Iceland
https://www.google.is/search?hl=en&as_q=auroracoin&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=ruv.is&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=#q=auroracoin+site:visir.is&hl=en&as_qdr=all&start=0

dv.is - the third biggest news site in Iceland
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=014122051245259659175%3Ajqsavptxzws&ie=UTF-8&q=auroracoin#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=auroracoin&gsc.page=1

ruv.is - the government TV, radio and news
https://www.google.is/search?hl=en&as_q=auroracoin&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=ruv.is&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=#q=auroracoin+site:ruv.is&hl=en&as_qdr=all&start=0

bland.is - one of the biggest if not the biggest forum in Iceland
https://www.google.com/search?q=auroracoin+site:bland.is%2Fmessageboard#q=auroracoin+site:bland.is&start=0

Facebook
There are of course many other Facebook groups. If you check the members list on these groups you can see these are mostly Icelandic people.
Official (5.500+ likes) https://www.facebook.com/auroracoin.org?ref=ts&fref=ts
Discussion group (1.321 members) https://www.facebook.com/groups/AuroraCoin/
Icelandic auroracoin trade group (3.000+ members) https://www.facebook.com/groups/544259455688424/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Auroracoin on RÚV the national TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMsSdMo2ME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjTsIuHkT6U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weh8dBL4kmk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_JnK1rA_w

Auroracoin on Stöð 2 - The biggest private TV station
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Egvl9VqgE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyz_zFcuhDw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1HK5bjZxHI

Auroracoin interview on Bylgjan the biggest private radio station
http://www.visir.is/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=MEDIA98&fileid=CLP25744

Discussions on RÁS 2 a national radio station about an Icelandic band that started accepting Auroracoin as payment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ddx9YYEVM

There can be said many things about Auroracoin but saying that it didn't get a lot of exposure in Iceland is not one of them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: