Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:52:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland  (Read 506371 times)
kkcoin

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:55:16 AM

WTF, this coin is going down the drain  Grin

how should icelands government adopt aur, if you burn the premine?? when aur should become currency, rents and loans need to be payd in aur.

this is getting worse and worse..

i'm lucky i am out of this Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rocanonz

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:57:46 AM

how should icelands government adopt aur, if you burn the premine?? when aur should become currency, rents and loans need to be payd in aur.

Good luck then!  Smiley
creuz

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:58:15 AM

A new team, A new coin for Iceland. IcelandicNotes will be launched in June.

After leaning from the early mistakes made by AUR distribution we want to start with a clean slate for Iceland.

Transparency:
Every team member will be contactable by phone, email etc Trust and Transparency is very important in Iceland.
Company address will be given and people from the public will be more then welcome to come visit.

Fair Distribution:
No Premine but coin generation will be done in new innovative ways, the focus will be on developing the currency for Iceland and making it usable on launch.

Team
The core team will only consist of citizens from Iceland and will outsource any needed skills we can't do in house.

Development
More to be announced closer to launch.

I will announce our new forums when we go live. It's time to give Iceland the coin it deserves.

Let Iceland people who want crypto buy Bitcoin or Litecoin. AUR is dead, like almost all altcoins. You harm cryptocurrency concept doing like this.. you probably don't care and just try to steal money to naive people.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 10:02:14 AM

WTF, this coin is going down the drain  Grin

The pre-mine must be destroyed if Balduro stays non responsive. There unfortunately is no other alternative to secure trusted transparency. We also would rather see the remaining part of the pre-mine distributed among the people of Iceland, but that can only happen with cooperation of Balduro. So for now we have to anticipate on that fact and prepare for destruction in the upcoming hard fork.

If that's your believe, then so are we  Wink

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 10:05:23 AM

A variation in the name will be announced for the official release but will be similar, we don't wan't to give away the name in case the developer here created the coin with the same name to sabotage the project. Which would only be a temporary set back.

I do like the name!  Smiley

KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:06:33 AM

WTF, this coin is going down the drain  Grin

The pre-mine must be destroyed if Balduro stays non responsive. There unfortunately is no other alternative to secure trusted transparency. We also would rather see the remaining part of the pre-mine distributed among the people of Iceland, but that can only happen with cooperation of Balduro. So for now we have to anticipate on that fact and prepare for destruction in the upcoming hard fork.

If that's your believe, then so are we  Wink

+1
Premine must be destroyed to also increase value of coin and better for Iceland people if currency worth more and for investors who deserve to make money for buying coins now and keeping it alive on cryptsy.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:13:26 AM

1 AUR, like any other coin, can be divided up to 10^8 smaller parts... how would that not be enough? Same BS argument could be said for BTC (if it would be distributed worldwide).

BTC has a lot of negativity outside of the cryptocommunity, that would be the strength of AUR.
kkcoin

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:15:23 AM

A variation in the name will be announced for the official release but will be similar, we don't wan't to give away the name in case the developer here created the coin with the same name to sabotage the project. Which would only be a temporary set back.

I do like the name!  Smiley

the name seems to be the best thing left of this -once- great idea!

good luck to you, guys!

edit: Biomike: [...] how would that not be enough?

i wasnt saying its not enough, i meant it would be important for the iceland government to hold these coins
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 10:18:06 AM

I do like the name!  Smiley

the name seems to be the best thing left of this -once- great idea!

good luck to you, guys!

TNX Mate!  Smiley

INotes

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:32:43 AM

this received couple of airdrops today:
ALTDfdRoDeAcczUgkG7cbpFZkHN74VfE3d

sends it on to AXuwBHwM44NZ2cuYqB3a3hWk8XVC4zo4n2

i think i have not seen a single legitimate claim of an airdrop today. Everything goes to the same 10 to 15 adresses of which 13 send on to the other two.

all airdrops of today more or less are linked to

AXuwBHwM44NZ2cuYqB3a3hWk8XVC4zo4n2

and

AYEkRf9fNbLVkCTjHBpKHZD1X578TaYK6g

the wallets receiving premine today and not linked to these two adresses yet, will be linked to them within 72 hours.

these two adresses claim airdrops and receive same time airdrops from other adresses which claim on the same blocks even. So pretty much every claim of an airdrop you saw yesterday and today (and will keep seeing) will end up in one of the two adresses above.

Auroracoin airdrop is predictable. This is a huge bust.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=446062.msg9699881;topicseen#msg9699881

Just read this page and you see why new coin is needed for Iceland. A fresh start without any doubt of corruption.
creuz

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:36:22 AM

And why not create a coin for you and your friends and show us why your band need a new coin ?
rocanonz

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:45:59 AM

Just read this page and you see why new coin is needed for Iceland. A fresh start without any doubt of corruption.
Look here. You don't need to wait: http://coincreator.net/
It will cost you two beers and a cake to get started a fresh new coin Smiley
dinobotta

Activity: 248

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:54:13 AM

this received couple of airdrops today:
ALTDfdRoDeAcczUgkG7cbpFZkHN74VfE3d

sends it on to AXuwBHwM44NZ2cuYqB3a3hWk8XVC4zo4n2

i think i have not seen a single legitimate claim of an airdrop today. Everything goes to the same 10 to 15 adresses of which 13 send on to the other two.

all airdrops of today more or less are linked to

AXuwBHwM44NZ2cuYqB3a3hWk8XVC4zo4n2

and

AYEkRf9fNbLVkCTjHBpKHZD1X578TaYK6g

the wallets receiving premine today and not linked to these two adresses yet, will be linked to them within 72 hours.

these two adresses claim airdrops and receive same time airdrops from other adresses which claim on the same blocks even. So pretty much every claim of an airdrop you saw yesterday and today (and will keep seeing) will end up in one of the two adresses above.

Auroracoin airdrop is predictable. This is a huge bust.

This quoted post shows a normal transaction, someone claimed coins, sent it to someone else, perhaps a friend or a Facebook contact who is buying coins. This someone who is buying coins from lots of people, then later sends it to an exchange and sells it.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:15:46 AM

edit: Biomike: [...] how would that not be enough?

i wasnt saying its not enough, i meant it would be important for the iceland government to hold these coins

I guess I misread your post, but the Icelandic government doesn't need to hold any coins. Icelandic people need to hold (and more important, use) them.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 12:09:56 PM

//sniped//

In this case most transactions are perfectly explainable. There have been groups of Icelanders claiming airdrop coins collectively (i.e. for their friends and relatives, who didn't want to bother with setting up a wallet). Often people used one wallet for the entire family and sold to "collectors".

I understand how people get confused with these transactions and you have a valid point that starting fresh is sometimes a better option. And in a way we are doing exactly that now by forking to a new chain where all possibly questionable addresses are ruled out.

You are obviously more than welcome to start your own coin, but bare in mind that lot's of people in Iceland are already familiar with Auroracoin and we have at least 5-10% of the population that actively claimed their coins. We are also actively going to invest in local PR shortly, which means more people will get to know Auroracoin. For a new initiative to accomplish that you have to prepare to invest largely.

Litesire

Activity: 458

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 12:18:42 PM

The airdrop was donne by using the kennitala ID system and moving bytes of computer generated data Smiley
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennitala
The initial hype arround AUR just before the airdrop when 31.8 of them worth 600$+, attracted 30.000+ airdrop requests.
After the dump the number of second airdrop request went down to 5000+
And the 3'rd airdrop request went even lower to 2500+
Because the value of the airdop coins is so low now, they have no use in merchant transaction. It's something that you just trade if you have a taste for risk or you firmly believe in the concept propose by AUR coin.
But with the newly dedicated foundation that holds a marketing and development budget, this will change in time.

Do you know what the developer did to advertise AUR to the people in Iceland. I am part of the Guldencoin community and as you can see with our distribtion stats under 2000 people have claimed with a population of 17 million in the Netherlands. The coin has also just turned 1 year old and has plenty merchants, been on the media and even RT but only 1918 people have claimed. Any tips or ideas the AUR developer used would be welcomed.

https://distribution.guldencoin.com/#/stats

Something that is a concern is that EFL with the same coin supply also claimed around 40 000 people in the Netherlands claimed but that was proven as a scam as the coin creators got caught out by having bigger sells in EFL on the exchanges then was meant to be in supply at the time. Now there has been community takeover and they also got a foundation built. Looks like AUR going to head in same direction.

I know some members in Guldencoin have invested in AUR so came to check it out so please let me know how they advertised and I can give this information to our team.

Let me share come facts and opinions I have about AUR.

1. I proved to myself it was a scam when I did some peer lookups during the airdrop,there was less then 150 active nodes. I would say less then 70 at this point in time.
2. The developer is not from Iceland, this is the reason you will never ever get him to reveal his true identity.
3. AUR was created by a smart and patient investor who most likely can wait it out and present some feel good stories to con people.
4. Same sock accounts used to defend the coin.
5. Not in a million years was 40 000 AUR given to unique people as per point 1.

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 12:45:36 PM

The airdrop was donne by using the kennitala ID system and moving bytes of computer generated data Smiley
The initial hype arround AUR just before the airdrop when 31.8 of them worth 600$+, attracted 30.000+ airdrop requests.
Because the value of the airdop coins is so low now, they have no use in merchant transaction. It's something that you just trade if you have a taste for risk or you firmly believe in the concept propose by AUR coin.
But with the newly dedicated foundation that holds a marketing and development budget, this will change in time.

Do you know what the developer did to advertise AUR to the people in Iceland. I am part of the Guldencoin community and as you can see with our distribtion stats under 2000 people have claimed with a population of 17 million in the Netherlands. The coin has also just turned 1 year old and has plenty merchants, been on the media and even RT but only 1918 people have claimed. Any tips or ideas the AUR developer used would be welcomed.

Something that is a concern is that EFL with the same coin supply also claimed around 40 000 people in the Netherlands claimed but that was proven as a scam as the coin creators got caught out by having bigger sells in EFL on the exchanges then was meant to be in supply at the time. Now there has been community takeover and they also got a foundation built. Looks like AUR going to head in same direction.

I know some members in Guldencoin have invested in AUR so came to check it out so please let me know how they advertised and I can give this information to our team.

1. I proved to myself it was a scam when I did some peer lookups during the airdrop,there was less then 150 active nodes. I would say less then 70 at this point in time.
2. The developer is not from Iceland, this is the reason you will never ever get him to reveal his true identity.
3. AUR was created by a smart and patient investor who most likely can wait it out and present some feel good stories to con people.

Oh boy, Auroracoin is really becoming popular again, for the same statements are returning. For the sake of argument, this "sock account" will try once more:

1. Even if what you say is true, it would prove nothing. The first stage of the airdrop started relatively slow. People needed to get used to everything and download and install clients. Most payout of the airdrop happened later because people simple didn't have a wallet yet after registration.

2. The developer IS from Iceland. The fact that the original domain was registered with whoisguard doesn't mean he's from Panama, for then Theymos, founder of this site must be his roommate! Balduro has been active in active chats with other people from Iceland, he was capable of engaging direct convo's in Icelandic, something a guy from Panama would not be able of.

The reason he remained anonymous is simply explainable by the fact that it would be very unwise for him to disclose his Identity. Same reason we still have no clue who Satoshi is. Emagine, at some point the pre-mine under his control was worth over 1 billion US$, you think he would have been safe from Bankers, Politicians or other criminals if he was publicly known?

3. The fact that we have come this far with Auroracoin and it still is one of the most promising projects in the history of crypto proves your right, he is smart!

4. The only accounts that are here defending developing this coin have been positively with it from the start. I think we are here because we believe in the possibilities the project offers for it's chosen parameters (Iceland, Currency Controls, only 330K inhabitants, Pots and Pans revolution, etc). The position of Balduro isn't that interesting to me anymore, we are moving on without him, something he was aiming for all the time anyway.

5. As said before, the way coins have been distributed are not simply 1 on 1, especially during the first weeks of the airdrop. I'm sometimes tracking my own accounts with BTC and lose track all the time in the maze of the blockchain.

voytek

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 12:53:27 PM

Let me share come facts and opinions I have about AUR.......

OMG how long...

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/what-if-i-told-you-you-cant-catch-the-red-dot.jpg
Litesire

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 12:59:14 PM

Oh boy, Auroracoin is really becoming popular again, for the same statements are returning. For the sake of argument, this "sock account" will try once more:

1. Even if what you say is true, it would prove nothing. The first stage of the airdrop started relatively slow. People needed to get used to everything and download and install clients. Most payout of the airdrop happened later because people simple didn't have a wallet yet after registration.

Always an excuse for everything?

2. The developer IS from Iceland. The fact that the original domain was registered with whoisguard doesn't mean he's from Panama, for then Theymos, founder of this site must be his roommate! Balduro has been active in active chats with other people from Iceland, he was capable of engaging direct convo's in Icelandic, something a guy from Panama would not be able of.

The reason he remained anonymous is simply explainable by the fact that it would be very unwise for him to disclose his Identity. Same reason we still have no clue who Satoshi is. Emagine, at some point the pre-mine under his control was worth over 1 billion US$, you think he would have been safe from Bankers, Politicians or other criminals if he was publicly known?

https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/iceland-vpn ... an example

3. The fact that we have come this far with Auroracoin and it still is one of the most promising projects in the history of crypto proves your right, he is smart!

So are the bank(gang)sters who were responsible for the 2008 crash.

4. The only accounts that are here defending developing this coin have been positively with it from the start. I think we are here because we believe in the possibilities the project offers for it's chosen parameters (Iceland, Currency Controls, only 330K inhabitants, Pots and Pans revolution, etc). The position of Balduro isn't that interesting to me anymore, we are moving on without him, something he was aiming for all the time anyway.

Bulduro is a phantom, lets make that clear.

5. As said before, the way coins have been distributed are not simply 1 on 1, especially during the first weeks of the airdrop. I'm sometimes tracking my own accounts with BTC and lose track all the time in the maze of the blockchain.

Try look in the mirror and keep a straight face, repeat what you just typed.

Litesire

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:06:07 PM

I have already spent too much time explaining this scam, I will leave these posts in here for people who are smart enough to do a search before investing.

Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: