Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:11:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138026 times)
Skarfur

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:07:35 PM

Can someone fact-check this before I send it to bittrex?

Auroracoin is looking for a new home

You surely have noticed the initial hype around the invention of the first countrycoin: Auroracoin roughly 2 years ago. The bubble (partly on misunderstanding or false info that Iceland would officially use Auroracoin) was intense and many lost/won lots of money. It wasn't exactly pretty and the initial idea behind the coin got a little bit lost. There were high hopes that the small number of Icelanders would adopt the currency. Those hopes haven't come true as of now.

When the dust settled after the crash only some hardcore believers remained. It was not an easy time for the coin, of course it had made some furious enemies and scam accusations were frequent. Finally in early 2015 Balduro, the inventor who had left the project, made true on his promise to burn the remaining premine according to the initial 'airdrop' plan to distribute the premine to the population of Iceland. So yes, this coin is premined heavily, but the premine was largely given to the population of Iceland. There were likely some exploitable holes in the process which involved a system widely used in Iceland for identification of citizens (kinnatalia), so probably some of the premine also went to criminals. My personal hope is that most of that got sold off to "speculators" (not a bad thing!) and/or believers.

A group of people is working hard (I'm not part of that group, though) within the country of Iceland to establish roots for the usage of the money in Iceland, which is the primary goal and (for many) the exciting prospect of this experiment. The country is small and ladden with monetary problems. They've been fucked hard by the banksters and their Krona is suffering higher-than-average inflation traditionally. They also have strong capital controls in place. The group is talking to people in politics and also to merchants. They received 1 million AUR from the premine (the only part that didn't go the population) which they didn't dump during the last bubble when the rest of the premine was burned. They made sure AUR was legal in Iceland by asking their Central Bank and have official answers regarding this. Auroracoin is legal to use in Iceland.

Now they are buildind a AUR/Krona exchange for the people in Iceland, the legality of which they also ensured. It will not be accessible for people who are not citicens of Iceland. I strongly believe a cryptocurrency - even if supposed to be rooted in the population of a country - needs a liquid global exchange versus BTC.

That's where you come in: cryptsy (which has traditionally been the most liquid AUR/BTC exchange up to now) isn't doing the job reliably enough any more (you probably know of the 'withdrawal'-problems there), so AUR is looking for a new home.

Please let it be bittrex!

I would say spot on and very well put.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:28:49 PM

@Conqueror, I thought Coinpayment was only for online business ?

Ideal scenario entrepreneur to develop his own payment processor - so ''profit would stay in iceland'', but meanwhile, a third part processor is needed.

LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 12:38:49 PM

Ideal scenario entrepreneur to develop his own payment processor - so ''profit would stay in iceland'', but meanwhile, a third part processor is needed.

One of the developments the team is currently working on involves a payment processor for merchants as well...

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 12:40:48 PM

Can someone fact-check this before I send it to bittrex?

Auroracoin is looking for a new home

You surely have noticed the initial hype around the invention of the first countrycoin: Auroracoin roughly 2 years ago. The bubble (partly on misunderstanding or false info that Iceland would officially use Auroracoin) was intense and many lost/won lots of money. It wasn't exactly pretty and the initial idea behind the coin got a little bit lost. There were high hopes that the small number of Icelanders would adopt the currency. Those hopes haven't come true as of now.

When the dust settled after the crash only some hardcore believers remained. It was not an easy time for the coin, of course it had made some furious enemies and scam accusations were frequent. Finally in early 2015 Balduro, the inventor who had left the project, made true on his promise to burn the remaining premine according to the initial 'airdrop' plan to distribute the premine to the population of Iceland. So yes, this coin is premined heavily, but the premine was largely given to the population of Iceland. There were likely some exploitable holes in the process which involved a system widely used in Iceland for identification of citizens (kinnatalia), so probably some of the premine also went to criminals. My personal hope is that most of that got sold off to "speculators" (not a bad thing!) and/or believers.

A group of people is working hard (I'm not part of that group, though) within the country of Iceland to establish roots for the usage of the money in Iceland, which is the primary goal and (for many) the exciting prospect of this experiment. The country is small and ladden with monetary problems. They've been fucked hard by the banksters and their Krona is suffering higher-than-average inflation traditionally. They also have strong capital controls in place. The group is talking to people in politics and also to merchants. They received 1 million AUR from the premine (the only part that didn't go the population) which they didn't dump during the last bubble when the rest of the premine was burned. They made sure AUR was legal in Iceland by asking their Central Bank and have official answers regarding this. Auroracoin is legal to use in Iceland.

Now they are buildind a AUR/Krona exchange for the people in Iceland, the legality of which they also ensured. It will not be accessible for people who are not citicens of Iceland. I strongly believe a cryptocurrency - even if supposed to be rooted in the population of a country - needs a liquid global exchange versus BTC.

That's where you come in: cryptsy (which has traditionally been the most liquid AUR/BTC exchange up to now) isn't doing the job reliably enough any more (you probably know of the 'withdrawal'-problems there), so AUR is looking for a new home.

Please let it be bittrex!

Very good piece mate! Although I do agree with Conqueror that it might be a little too much a read. Nevertheless, I would send it to them as is! Again, good job!

soltantgris

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:02:39 PM

One of the developments the team is currently working on involves a payment processor for merchants as well...

How far they are toward an useful product ?   Third part integration may be an option meanwhile. I know how long it may be to developpe anything - i've been in some project and know how often deadlines are postponed. So one month become 3 months, then one year, etc.  

Very good to ear that something may be in the pipe - but if this is some mid/long term project - would it be a good idea to look for a third part solution ?
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:23:12 PM

thanks conqueror, soltangris, skarfur, ltex for your feedback. I sent as is via bittrex support.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:35:41 PM

What is the volume of AUR/BTC on ExhangeD.i2p?

I am not aware you asked for being listed.
soltantgris

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:32:28 PM

AUR volume (6-7btc) would put it top 10 at Bittrex, in front of Litecoin, BlackCoin, StartCoin etc.

https://www.cryptsy.com/

https://bittrex.com/

Auroracoin (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 04:14:59 PM

Want to remind everyone to update their wallets to the latest version.

You can get the compiled wallets on http://auroracoin.is and the source on https://github.com/aurarad/auroracoin
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:15:33 PM

I just logged on to bittrex and see that there is a AUR wallet in the wallet section, although it's not enabled yet.

Cheers Richie Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

soltantgris

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:04:03 PM

I just logged on to bittrex and see that there is a AUR wallet in the wallet section, although it's not enabled yet.

Cheers Richie Smiley

I confirm.  It's green, still not on active market.

I guess it won't be long Smiley

https://bittrex.com/Status
soltantgris

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:09:51 PM

If anyone want to jump in the skype group - feel free to send me your infos i'll add you.

soltantgris

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:32:10 PM

@Conqueror - Coinpayments realy look good and easy to integrate.  And they have POS tools (here is an exemple of a POS transaction) :

https://www.coinpayments.net/index.php?cmd=_pos&reset=1&merchant=606a89bb575311badf510a4a8b79a45e&item_name=Order+Payment&currency=USD&allow_currency=1&

I wonder if there is some guys from AUR fondation (Hermann - Petur - Hlynur) that would accept to integrate AUR paiement via CoinPayments for some services or company they own, or maybe people they know would accept ?  I realy think it is a bit weird to offer an exchange, present a good crypto currency but zero merchant accepting it right away.  Few merchants would be enought - and would allow some experimentation.

I contacted Coinify to get more information on options - but Conqueror is right, Coinpayments seems an obvious third part partner of choice.

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 09:18:49 PM

Cheers Richie Smiley

I confirm.  It's green, still not on active market.

I guess it won't be long Smiley

https://bittrex.com/Status

Looks like we're on track here! Good one! Tnx for the heads up Leigh2k14!

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:53:36 PM

This is too broad a statement, I think.

I think you should be more specific about who should update to (or from) what version and why.

Also: do you have a changelog somewhere? Cant find one.

I'm on the 0.8 master branch, version 0.8.7.5 since about 3 weeks ago. You probably don't need me to update, right?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:15:13 PM

I think you should be more specific about who should update to (or from) what version and why.

I'm on the 0.8 master branch, version 0.8.7.5 since about 3 weeks ago. You probably don't need me to update, right?

You're good, mate.  0.8.7.5 is the latest.... for now  Wink

-Fuse

Community > Devs
soltantgris

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:24:34 PM

Bittrex support confirmed that we can now deposit AUR and start trading in 24h.

Let's get them some action.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 10:28:25 PM

Awesome! Will do!

Auroracoin (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 10:56:27 PM

You're good, mate.  0.8.7.5 is the latest.... for now  Wink

-Fuse

Sorry about that, the statement was too broad.

Everyone on version 1.x.x should update to version 0.8.7.5 (Arngrímur Jónsson) which is the latest.
soltantgris

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 11:08:04 PM

Awesome! Will do!

Same for me. Few days ago, i secured my coin offline. So i have to buy ''one more time'' AUR ''for the last time''. If market is not too bullish, i'll place some orders. Hate to sell and panic buy few minutes later at lost.

(---------my life
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: