Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:57:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459  (Read 62167 times)
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:04:13 PM

This is a good point... that is a major reason I invested.  PH, BurtW, etc.... all long time members gave me ease.

IE I'm a dumbass and like to blame others after the fact. If you didn't see through 7%/week, well there's no other explanation.
Who is blaming others?  I have said multiple times before that if pirate runs it is my own fault.  I was saying that P4 had a very good point, where do you fit in?

You are. Check the bold. And when I call you out on your passive aggressive bullshit you backpedal. Don't say stuff like what I bolded unless you will stick to it.

I fit in as the guy warning you months ago pirate was a scam. Now I fit in in laughing at the idiots that "invested" in him.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 10:08:58 PM

This is a good point... that is a major reason I invested.  PH, BurtW, etc.... all long time members gave me ease.

IE I'm a dumbass and like to blame others after the fact. If you didn't see through 7%/week, well there's no other explanation.
Who is blaming others?  I have said multiple times before that if pirate runs it is my own fault.  I was saying that P4 had a very good point, where do you fit in?

You are. Check the bold. And when I call you out on your passive aggressive bullshit you backpedal. Don't say stuff like what I bolded unless you will stick to it.

I fit in as the guy warning you months ago pirate was a scam. Now I fit in in laughing at the idiots that "invested" in him.

No your wrong lots of senior member's gave Pirates scam a lot of Kudos and they should go down with him.  I'm not saying every PPT operator.  Just the senior forum member's who was giving his scam credibility especially the ones who profited from giving him kudos and credibly.   

ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:09:11 PM

Which is why I think its so important there is at least some accountability for their fierce support for pirate. Its not revenge or to start a witch hunt or whatever, its to make sure everyone knows there are consequences to giving undue credibility. Labelling them as scammer would likely be considered too harsh by many, but if I where Theymos I would give them all a signature that says "Im either incredibly gullible or a crook. Dont ever take investment advice from me" or something along those lines.
I very much disagree with this, unless of course it can be proven they *knew* it was a fraud up front, besides you can't discriminate.

I think what needs to happen is some form of actual knowledge (not sure how to implement that) transfer rather than bantering back and forth.  Just facts, here is what happened etc.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:10:13 PM

Really.. I hope you dont mind I quickly glanced over your posting history.

As for the savings and trust. I don't really know. Someone with control over a few hundred thousand USD worth of BTC could surely make good money. We know he has the programming skills to make a site like gpumax, it's not unreasonable to assume he has arb bots or other ways to exploit the market with his holdings. It can also be used to further obfuscate any BTC earnings.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77889.msg866322#msg866322

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:11:13 PM

Has there been any communication from Pirate lately?

Nope, not a peep. Even his bot has shut up, now.

His OTC rating has dropped by close to 40 points, though.

Bot? You mean the ppt operators or gribble? Gribble seemed the most honest tho. It actually responded to questions on a regular basis. I have no grudge against gribble.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 10:11:32 PM

Which is why I think its so important there is at least some accountability for their fierce support for pirate. Its not revenge or to start a witch hunt or whatever, its to make sure everyone knows there are consequences to giving undue credibility. Labelling them as scammer would likely be considered too harsh by many, but if I where Theymos I would give them all a signature that says "Im either incredibly gullible or a crook. Dont ever take investment advice from me" or something along those lines.
I very much disagree with this, unless of course it can be proven they *knew* it was a fraud up front, besides you can't discriminate.

I think what needs to happen is some form of actual knowledge (not sure how to implement that) transfer rather than bantering back and forth.  Just facts, here is what happened etc.

So they profited from a scam by backing it and there not scammers  Huh

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:12:44 PM

Well thank you for mis-interpreting my words.  If that is how I came across it is 100% wrong.  PH or BurtW never told me what to do, it was my own free will and thinking.  That is like blaming singers because some kid shot up the school.  I looked over the available information (ignoring the attention whores) and made a calculated risk.  I didn't risk more than I could afford to lose and while I am not happy, I am in no way in a position like many others here.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:13:35 PM

If those satoshi dice shares become worthless overnight is the middleman on gblse also a thief?
556j

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:17:08 PM

Really.. I hope you dont mind I quickly glanced over your posting history.

As for the savings and trust. I don't really know. Someone with control over a few hundred thousand USD worth of BTC could surely make good money. We know he has the programming skills to make a site like gpumax, it's not unreasonable to assume he has arb bots or other ways to exploit the market with his holdings. It can also be used to further obfuscate any BTC earnings.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77889.msg866322#msg866322

Are you seriously suggesting I ever said anything other than bs&t was anything but a scam? You even had funds invested into it until recently and I never have. That post was about gpumax, which is still running and still paying out. That is the worst I ever said which was "I don't really know" How about you check my other post where I laugh at the fat bastard for dressing like he make 13k a year? Everyone was guarded about bs&t, I bet at that time you were balls deep into his ponzi while I was saying there is a slight possibility it was legit. Are you serious? Yah prolly.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:17:24 PM

If they knew it was a scam then yes they are scammers.  However I personally know of someone who sold coins (interest) from BTCST for months on -otc.  He was not big time, nor do I believe he knew that it was a scam; however it most certainly profited.  Should he be tagged as a scammer?

I am just saying that just because they got fooled isn't enough for a tag.  Now if it can be proven that pirate told them "Hey.. talk me up on the forums and I will give you an extra % per week" then maybe.

As JoelKatz said (i think) the horrible thing about situations like this is that the waters become so gray and it can become impossible to tell who the real crooks are and who was just $-$.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 10:18:31 PM

if I were Theymos I would give them all a signature that says "Im either incredibly gullible or a crook. Dont ever take investment advice from me" or something along those lines.

I'm behind this.

Has there been any communication from Pirate lately?

Nope, not a peep. Even his bot has shut up, now.

His OTC rating has dropped by close to 40 points, though.

Bot? You mean the ppt operators or gribble? Gribble seemed the most honest tho. It actually responded to questions on a regular basis. I have no grudge against gribble.

No, I mean ~boatstat, his fake little "I'm working on it" script.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 10:21:43 PM

If those satoshi dice shares become worthless overnight is the middleman on gblse also a thief?

No because those shares are not on GLBSE are they and that exchange wouldn't promote and praise them as a good investments ever.  Plus GLBSE has lots of disclaimers about not getting involved unless you know what your doing.  These senior voices on the forum said they understood Pirates business and it was a sound investment.  GLBSE would never do that.  Senior forum voices who supported and praised Pirate and definitely those that did that to profit should go down with Pirate if he doesn't pay.  They all flew out to meet him and claimed they understood the secrete sauce and it was legit "So give me your money while I burn it to profit".

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:23:41 PM

Are you seriously suggestion I ever said anything other than bs&t was anything but a scam?

Its a straight quote. I dont read anything there that resembles a warning, much less your ability to "see through 7%/week" or "there's no other explanation". I read quite the opposite.

You even had funds invested into it until recently and I never have.

Ive assumed it to be a scam from day one. Go ahead and click the link I provided, and scroll up a few posts and read what I wrote back then, or scroll down and read what I responded to you.

How about you check my other post where I laugh at the fat bastard for dressing like he make 13k a year?

Yeah in august when the shit hit the fan, you made a remarkably intelligent comment that Pirate's dress code proved a scam. Nothing about 7% per week though.

If I were you, Id stop trying to take credit for things you never said.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:27:24 PM

These senior voices on the forum said they understood Pirates business and it was a sound investment.  GLBSE would never do that.  Senior forum voices who supported and praised Pirate and definitely those that did that to profit should go down with Pirate if he doesn't pay.  They all flew out to meet him and claimed they understood the secrete sauce and it was legit "So give me your money while I burn it to profit".

It is the difference between offering a security/asset/investment/ponzi and promoting it.

All the promoters were lying.  The "knew" Pirate could make this, they had insider "info" on that.  They were willing to call those even bringing up the chance it was a ponzi every insult possible.   They hyped it up, made jokes about how much the "team ponzi" was losing in profits, mocked people who couldn't "figure it out".   They staked their reps on Pirate being legit.

Pirate didn't need to give them some secret cut. The entire PPT system was the cut.  None of them passed through 100% of the interest from Pirate.  Take a PPT which paid out 5% on 40,000 BTC.  Pirate pays 7% on 40K BTC the PPT pays out 5%.  The difference is 800 BTC per week ($32,000 per month is a decent cut to lie your ass off promoting worthless paper).  All the PPT had a direct profit motive to bring in as many suckers as possible.

I would also point out that was real profit not paper profits.  The PPT operator could just rake that profit each weak until everything blew up without risking a single bitcent.

All of the PPT operators both promoted and profited off a ponzi through the use of deception, misleading statemented, and outright lies.

None of this absolves the suckers from their personal responsibility but nobody should consider the PPT operators blameless.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 10:30:10 PM

Correct.

It is the difference between offering a security/asset/investment/ponzi and promoting it.

All the promoters were lying.  The "knew" Pirate could make this, they had insider "info" on that.  They were willing to call those even bringing up the chance it was a ponzi every insult possible.   They hyped it up, made jokes about how much the "team ponzi" was losing in profits.   They staked their reps on Pirate being legit.

Pirate didn't need to give them a cut.  The entire PPT system was there cut.  None of them passed through 100% of the interest from Pirate.  Take a PPT which paid out 4.85% on 40,000 shares.  Pirate pays 7% on 40K BTC the PPT pays out 4.85%.  The difference is 860 BTC per week.  They had a direct profit motive to bring in as many suckers as possible.

They both promoted and profited off a ponzi through the use of deception, misleading statemented, and outright lies.

OMG something we agree on  Shocked  Yes brand them all  Angry

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 10:34:13 PM

Correct.

All the promoters were lying.  The "knew" Pirate could make this, they had insider "info" on that.  They were willing to call those even bringing up the chance it was a ponzi every insult possible.   They hyped it up, made jokes about how much the "team ponzi" was losing in profits.   They staked their reps on Pirate being legit.

Pirate didn't need to give them a cut.  The entire PPT system was there cut.  None of them passed through 100% of the interest from Pirate.  Take a PPT which paid out 4.85% on 40,000 shares.  Pirate pays 7% on 40K BTC the PPT pays out 4.85%.  The difference is 860 BTC per week.  They had a direct profit motive to bring in as many suckers as possible.

They both promoted and profited off a ponzi through the use of deception, misleading statemented, and outright lies.

OMG something we agree on  Shocked  Yes brand them all  Angry

Tho people like HashKing I never saw him once promote it as a sound investment he just offered a PPT and made the risk obvious from his other deposits.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:35:39 PM

Pirate didn't need to give them a cut.  The entire PPT system was the cut.  None of them passed through 100% of the interest from Pirate.  Take a PPT which paid out 4.85% on 40,000 shares.  Pirate pays 7% on 40K BTC the PPT pays out 4.85%.  The difference is 860 BTC per week.  They had a direct profit motive to bring in as many suckers as possible.

That 4.85% rate was after the weekly rate was cut to 5% for top tier.  Besides, BTCST folded before the first payment was ever made. When the top tier was 7% that PPT was paying 6.8%, so the difference was 80 BTC/wk.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:36:11 PM

Tho people like HashKing I never saw him once promote it as a sound investment he just offered a PPT and made the risk obvious from his other deposits.
I never really remember payb.tc promoting it either... just here it is.  In fact he made it very clear that it was a risk on pirate and never (to my knowledge) promoted it.

fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:51:52 PM

No because those shares are not on GLBSE are they and that exchange wouldn't promote and praise them as a good investments ever.  Plus GLBSE has lots of disclaimers about not getting involved unless you know what your doing.  These senior voices on the forum said they understood Pirates business and it was a sound investment.  GLBSE would never do that.  Senior forum voices who supported and praised Pirate and definitely those that did that to profit should go down with Pirate if he doesn't pay.  They all flew out to meet him and claimed they understood the secrete sauce and it was legit "So give me your money while I burn it to profit".

Middleman has them on gblse. Fyi.
556j

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 12:14:47 AM

Yeah in august when the shit hit the fan, you made a remarkably intelligent comment that Pirate's dress code proved a scam. Nothing about 7% per week though.

If I were you, Id stop trying to take credit for things you never said.

Hey lets ignore the early July posts and that because I barely post here about 80% of my post were made since then. Meanwhile you have admitted to both depositing and profiting off pirates scam. Why attack people that mostly agree with you over stupid shit?  I did read the link and the convo was completely about gpumax which is still running and still laundering coins. I'll admit the Silk Road stuff (which you agreed with at the time) was dumb of me. I later learned pirate wasn't nearly smart enough to have any thing to do with SR. If you knew the whole time pirate was a scam but still profited off it what does that make you?

BTW my  "remarkably intelligent remark" was exactly right. Because the way people dress is very telling of how much they make. Turns out I was right. Post a pic and I'll tell you your income. I'll do the same if it inspires confidence.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: